so its kk to ban the movie just because of hindu muslim LS - Page 9

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 8 years ago
This may be the most politically incorrect (and most obvious) statement ever and I tend to stay miles away from discussions on any religion (mostly because I am not that well learned on the subject) but I have to say *most* religions are quite intolerant of other religions, religious scripts & beliefs. So while it is possible (ideally) that discussions can peacefully take place on the feasibility of certain set of guidelines but I don't quite see the point in it because people just go around in circles defending their religion, delve into arguments and then go back to square one. 😕 Unless people are interested in a certain religion of course they can enquire information but usually the only answers people asking questions will get is that it 'It was written in the scripture'. So what's the point of discussion?
Aweeeecute thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mai1moono

Their country ,their rules...unless you were planning to go watch these movies in Pakistan.
And Indians should be the last one's to talk with all the weird Hindu-Muslim shit going on with love-jihad,Muslims getting lynched for beef etc.

woho atleast people discuss about it.
minority have rights.
dude pakistan is worst country for minorities.
from 10 percent in 1950 to 1 percent in 2011
flipfl0p thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aweeecute

woho atleast people discuss about it.
minority have rights.
dude pakistan is worst country for minorities.
from 10 percent in 1950 to 1 percent in 2011

Both parts of Panjab (Indian and Pakistani) acted worst, killing their neighbours who belonged to other religion. What is the Muslim percentage in Indian Punjab? Compare it to other Indian states. Let us not dig graves. 
India is the third biggest Muslim country on the planet, even with a history of riots and communal politics. Muslims have equal rights to Hindus in every respect, with their rights protected by the Constitution. 
Compare that to Pakistan, where burning of temples and forcible conversion of minorities are regular affairs. Not to mention that the Hindu population is dangerously dwindling. 
Aweeeecute thumbnail

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

Both parts of Panjab (Indian and Pakistani) acted worst, killing their neighbours who belonged to other religion. What is the Muslim percentage in Indian Punjab? Compare it to other Indian states. Let us not dig graves.

dont know about indian punjab.
a punjabi can answer it.
if its happening that thats pathetic too.
but total indian muslim population has increased .
hindu havs decreased .
so on large level they are happy.
pakistan went from 10 to 1
we went to 10 to 13.
ya intolerance is there in some parts not denying it at all.
but that members were talking like that indians should not talk about minorities.

Edited by Aweeeecute - 8 years ago
Aweeeecute thumbnail

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

India is the third biggest Muslim country on the planet, even with a history of riots and communal politics. Muslims have equal rights to Hindus in every respect, with their rights protected by the Constitution.

Compare that to Pakistan, where burning of temples and forcible conversion of minorities are regular affairs. Not to mention that the Hindu population is dangerously dwindling.

ya not generalising but lot of muslims do think that indian muslim are not happy dont know why.
flipfl0p thumbnail

dont know about indian punjab. 

a punjabi would can answer it.
if its happening that thats pathetic too.
but total indian muslim population has increased .
hindu havs decreased .
so on large level they are happy.
pakistan went from 10 to 1
we went to 10 to 13.
ya intolerance is there in some parts not denying it at all.
but that members were talking like that indians should not talk about minorities.

Pakistan is majorly Punjab and few other states. India is huge, where Punjab is just one amongst 20+ states. Hindu population drastically decreased in Pakistani Punjab during partition times. So did Muslim population in Punjab. Other Indian states were not affected by partition. Hindu-Muslim ratio remained the same in those states, hence the Indian ratio almost looked similar. 
Whatever Hindu population remained in Pakistan was in Bangladesh. But when Bangladesh also got separated, there was hardly a Hindu population left. 

I am not denying the ill treatment of minorities in Pakistan. But if we have to speak about Hindu population in Pakistan, we will have to admit some uncomfortable truth. Partition was brutal. Both sides have caused atrocities. Whatever happened, happened and it is almost a century back. Let's move on. 
Aweeeecute thumbnail

Pakistan is majorly Punjab and few other states. India is huge, where Punjab is just one amongst 20+ states. Hindu population drastically decreased in Pakistani Punjab during partition times. So did Muslim population in Punjab. Other Indian states were not affected by partition. Hindu-Muslim ratio remained the same in those states, hence the Indian ratio almost looked similar.
Whatever Hindu population remained in Pakistan was in Bangladesh. But when Bangladesh also got separated, there was hardly a Hindu population left.

I am not denying the ill treatment of minorities in Pakistan. But if we have to speak about Hindu population in Pakistan, we will have to admit some uncomfortable truth. Partition was brutal. Both sides have caused atrocities. Whatever happened, happened and it is almost a century back. Let's move on.

i know about partition time.
millions of muslim hindus diesd
i am talking about after partition and independence . around 1955 hindus in muslims were 10 to 12 percent . acc to stat in 2011 they were 1 point something and
they were doing statistics every 5 year .
from every 5 year it decreased.
so the condition their is millions time worse than ours.
i am not denying that we have no issues.
some of hindu are extrimist .
but our consitiution and democracy is million time better.
our muslim population is increasing.
and there Are lakhs of hindus who applying for india visa.
but you will hardly see any any indian muslim who want to go to pakistan.
i am against beef ban.
i dont support illogic ban.

Edited by Aweeeecute - 8 years ago
flipfl0p thumbnail

ya not generalising but lot of muslims do think that indian muslim are not happy dont know why.

It's all about image and that is created by media. Having said, I do find a narrow gap appearing. Earlier when we were studying (in South Indian States), all educated middle class people used to send their children to good academically performing schools. Whether the morning prayer is Hindu or Christian hardly mattered. 
I attended a school with Hindu prayer. There were Muslim classmates (don't know, whether they sang). My cousins attended a missionary school and sang all songs of Jesus😆.  Religion was purely house thing, taught by our parents.

Now our Muslim friends (who read in common schools like us) are planning to send their children to one of the International school by Zakir Naik. I understand their mindset of not putting children under western influence. But their children will not mingle with the mainstream as their parents did. I do not care about statements of Zakir Naik or Owaisi or some Sadhvi. They just want to be in news. But shift in middle class mindset will be worrying thing for India in future. 
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
First of all this is not debate forum if you want to discuss or debate go to particular forums. This is bw forum
Second ranjhana was banned because of Muslim girl falling for Hindu guy the reason is that in slam u can't marry Hindu or non Muslims.
Third Neerja got banned coz of sensitivity of incidents happening in Pakistan. A week ago before releasing neerja charsaddha univ had hostage and then several casualties happened like Peshawar incident. The critics in Pak actually saw the movie but Pakistan censored boards put ban on it and we can't argue on it if they thought for doing it they know then same way ghulam Ali concert was banned or mahira Pakistani movie got banned in Mumbai
so we can't judge them as both countries r doing there job.even though neerja had nothing sensitive like that.