Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
After all, for Krishna the mahayuddha is nothing but a game and He is taking that sportingly. This reminds me of a Bengali song "Khelichho a bishwa loye/ biraat shishu aanamone/ pralaya srishti tabo putul khela/ nirajane Prabhu nirajane." (You are playing with this universe, O biggest child, all the creation and destruction are nothing but a mere game to you!)
Regarding "Yeh Mahayuddha hai", I like the song for another reason. It helps me to teach MB characters' names very easily to my students who often complain that they can't remember so many things 😆 
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I forgot to mention "Kripa Krshna Ki" which is an awesome combination of Bhakti Yog and Karma Yog (similar to Ramananda Sagars's Ramayan's "Jin Par Kripa Ram Kare")
Also I like the Shashtra Puja song at the starting of Gurukul and Yudhishthir's Rajasuya Abhishek song "He Dharmaraj hai raaj tumhara". The later one isn't very popular, though. 
Justitia thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
'Hey Priyatame' is so real and melancholy.
I mean, it perfectly reflects the mood and mindset of the fighters before the War. 

And, to play it again, immediately after Abhimanyu vadh is just ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Also 'Sabse Unchi Prem' 
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Sorry for being so late.
Was a little busy over Diwali! :$

Yep, all those songs are just love! :D
wayward thumbnail

Originally posted by: DharmaPriyaa

I always think that Bhishma's oath and Shantanu-Satyavati's wedding is the first turning point of this story. The unfortunate clan had to pay for the injustice done to Devavrata. But I really don't know whom to blame for this! 

Just one thing comes to my mind. I know Satyavati was extremely beautiful but, was her beauty such 'anmol' that we had to lose a well-deserved Yuvaraj like Devavrata who indeed was 'anmol' for Kuru clan's future? Also, Shantanu got 'atulaniya sukh' but wasn't his 'atulaniya dukh' of depriving his son from everything crushing that 'sukh' every moment? Could he enjoy the happiness he craved for?
Dr. Nrisinghaprasad Bhadury says, "If Bhishma could get the Kuru throne, the whole story would have changed, and his administration would have been so unique that it might have changed the famous Bharat vansha's name into Devavrata vansha." How true, no? 
I pity Shantanu who, in spite of being a great King of his time and having a great son like Bhishma, could not spend a few happy moments at his old age. And yes, I pity the Kuru throne who had to wait so long to be owned by a good King.  

True. But can we really blame Shantanu? Because he had already gave up on Satyavati and had resigned to his fate when Devavrat intervened!
It was just Devavrat going out of his way to help his father, in doing what, he ended up putting Hastinapur's future at stake.
Maybe, he was guilty for having given in to his father's desire at the cost of Hastinapur, and so he used his boons and talents not to live a good life but to protect the kingdom he had endangered.

wayward thumbnail

Originally posted by: The.Lannister

@black: I think Shantanu is being practical here. Like you said, what is done is done. No point in crying over spilt milk. Neither father nor son thought things through earlier, so now that the deed is done there would be little point in tears or guilt. Nothing would change.

@red: It felt nice to see the Rajguru speak the truth without fear. I completely agree with whatever the Rajguru was saying & unfortunately time proved him right. But I do not agree with what Bhishma said here to silence the Rajguru. Bhishma & Shantanu both left the fate of HP to luck. What would Shantanu & Dev had done had Satyawati been barren? Or if she would have given birth to only daughters? Bhishma pratigya is great to hear & Dev must be appreciated for remaining true to his oath till his last breath but at the same time we cannot ignore that this pratigya did more harm than good & hence I am always left thinking if personal honour is more important than the good of your country/ kingdom?

You're right! Both of them were parties to an irreversible mistake that caused the destruction of one of the most illustrious dynasties.