WDT #4 : Which female character in Mahabharat inspires you the most?

Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Hello all, 

This is the fourth weekly discussion topic in Mythological Masti forum. Here I'll post a topic (in the form of a question?) from our hindu mythology every week. Hoping to have some meaningful mythological discussions. 

IMG_1708436012040.png

Since mythology is considered a component of religion, and can be a sensitive topic for most people, with the characters often being revered, you must follow the rules of Mythological Masti Forum to maintain a peaceful atmosphere in our forum.

IMG_1708436012040.png

Since International Women's Day was just last week, the topic of this week, as the title suggests, is:

Among all the brave and strong women characters in Mahabharat, with whom do you connect (or feel) the most or who inspires you the most, and why?

IMG_1708436012040.png

Is it Gandhari, who had strong determination and mental strength that she could take the decision to blindfold herself for the rest of her life in order to marry her blind husband, Dhritarastra?

Or is it Kunti, who stood mentally strong even after bearing all the pain of losing her own child (Karna) for the sake of the society, and the continuous harms caused to her own sons (Pandavas) and daughter-in-law, Draupadi?

Or is it Draupadi, who had immense mental strength, courage and patience to bear all the pain of the insults and humilations caused to her at Dyut Sabha, for over thirteen long years? 

Or is it Amba, who fighted till her last breath for all the injustice done to her (first by Bhishma & then by her chosen man, Salva)?

Or is it Subhadra, who single-handedly raised her son, Abhimanyu in the absence of her husband, Arjuna and had to bear the pain of staying away from her husband throughout the exile period?

I just mentioned a very few, obviously you are free to choose and mention the other important women characters from Mahabharat, who inspires you the most?

IMG_1708436012040.png

Share your views and engage in meaningful discussions with your fellow members.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Tagging more to participate in this week's WDT!

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Wow such a beautiful topic smiley31

Disclaimer - I have not read Mahabharata so my knowledge is purely based on the shows that I have watched

Though I love Subhadra's character the most Draupadi is very inspiring as well. Kunti and Gandhari have also made so many sacrifices for their family.

The woman who inspires me the most in Mahabharat is Amba though, her standing for her choice, then fighting for her rights is the definition of how strong women should be. 

She never shied away from taking risk like asking bhishma to let her go, her lover betrayed her and though she should have blamed him more than Bheeshm according to me she still stood up for herself and herself decided to avenge her honour. 

I really admire her willpower.

Subhadra is such a beautiful soul, the sacrifice she made is equal to the sacrifice Urmila made for 14 years. She first lived without her husband for 13 years and then without her son for the rest of her life. 

Draupadi is such a fierce lady, I love her energy and aura. The way she handle herself in every situation. She's not a flawless character but she's very strong and opinionated woman. If Krishna had really told her the truth that all her children are gonna die in the war and she still chose war not just because of avenging her honour but for establishing dharma, she deserves every bit of respect. Even Arjuna the great warrior lost the will to fight war thinking that he would lose his family but she still chose to fight knowing she's gonna lose her flesh and blood, I really admire her.

Loving2Missing2 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

Hello all, 

This is the fourth weekly discussion topic in Mythological Masti forum. Here I'll post a topic (in the form of a question?) from our hindu mythology every week. Hoping to have some meaningful mythological discussions. 

IMG_1708436012040.png

Since mythology is considered a component of religion, and can be a sensitive topic for most people, with the characters often being revered, you must follow the rules of Mythological Masti Forum to maintain a peaceful atmosphere in our forum.

IMG_1708436012040.png

Since International Women's Day was just last week, the topic of this week, as the title suggests, is:

Among all the brave and strong women characters in Mahabharat, with whom do you connect (or feel) the most or who inspires you the most, and why?

IMG_1708436012040.png

Hats Off To you! Take a Bow, girliesmiley31smiley32smiley32

Every week you come up with such intriguing questions. They actually make you ponder over the truth of mythological stories and their relevance with current social standards. Your series of Mythological masti is truly enjoyable.

Originally posted by: RamAayeHain

Wow such a beautiful topic smiley31

Disclaimer - I have not read Mahabharata so my knowledge is purely based on the shows that I have watched

Though I love Subhadra's character the most Draupadi is very inspiring as well. Kunti and Gandhari have also made so many sacrifices for their family.

The woman who inspires me the most in Mahabharat is Amba though, her standing for her choice, then fighting for her rights is the definition of how strong women should be. 

She never shied away from taking risk like asking bhishma to let her go, her lover betrayed her and though she should have blamed him more than Bheeshm according to me she still stood up for herself and herself decided to avenge her honour. 

I really admire her willpower.

Subhadra is such a beautiful soul, the sacrifice she made is equal to the sacrifice Urmila made for 14 years. She first lived without her husband for 13 years and then without her son for the rest of her life. 

Draupadi is such a fierce lady, I love her energy and aura. The way she handle herself in every situation. She's not a flawless character but she's very strong and opinionated woman. If Krishna had really told her the truth that all her children are gonna die in the war and she still chose war not just because of avenging her honour but for establishing dharma, she deserves every bit of respect. Even Arjuna the great warrior lost the will to fight war thinking that he would lose his family but she still chose to fight knowing she's gonna lose her flesh and blood, I really admire her.

smiley32wonderful thought process. I agree with every word of yourssmiley31

Each of Mahabharata women has her own virtues and vices but these women inspire us with their strength and integrity.

As mentioned in the above post, both Draupadi and Amba stood up against the wrong done to them. But Draupadi relied on Krishna and her husbands to fight her battle.

Amba inspires me more because she relies on herself alone to punish the wrongdoer. Women suffering wrongdoings from anybody should take inspiration from her and draw their inner strength.

Apology for going away from mythology but can't resist the temptation to make this mention here.

Sridevi's "Stepmom" is very similar theme movie. Woman taking her revenge against evil men. 

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Loving2Missing2

smiley32wonderful thought process. I agree with every word of yourssmiley31

Each of Mahabharata women has her own virtues and vices but these women inspire us with their strength and integrity.

As mentioned in the above post, both Draupadi and Amba stood up against the wrong done to them. But Draupadi relied on Krishna and her husbands to fight her battle.

Amba inspires me more because she relies on herself alone to punish the wrongdoer. Women suffering wrongdoings from anybody should take inspiration from her and draw their inner strength.

Apology for going away from mythology but can't resist the temptation to make this mention here.

Sridevi's "Stepmom" is very similar theme movie. Woman taking her revenge against evil men. 

Exactly 💯💯💯

Love those women who have self confidence and self respect then only the world will respect and trust them 👍🏻

dhun.laagi thumbnail

I like the ones mentioned by the others, who are more in the forefront and key in the Mahabharat. 

But personally, I am a fan of Devi Rukmini. 

firewings_diya thumbnail

I can not choose anyone among them as everyone were equally brave and fighters but whatever I know from my knowledge. 

1. Kunti - She lost her son Karna but she also made a mistake trying to use that power which eventually caused this. So she should have thought about this before using that boon.

2. Draupadi - She was strong but mocked Duryodhana which actually caused entire Mahabharath to happen. We can't blame her as sometimes laughs are natural. But Draupadi also got 5 loving husbands who took care of her. I believe Bheema loved her the most. Irrespective of what she went through she also found herself surrounded by people who ensured she gets justice including Krishna. 

3. Subhadra - I do not consider it as great thing compared to other women as now a days women may single-handedly raise a kid in case if husband is dead or divorced etc. So Subhadra's character seems like any other normal mother. 

4. Gandhari - For me, Gandhari wins this title. I do not know her complete history. But she chose to sacrifice her vision for her husband. She gave birth to 100 sons. She even saw the pain of death of 100 sons and she is unfortunate that she neither has seen any son nor their dead body. She is the strongest among all as she controls her urge to see her sons when they are born until their death. She just heard stories about how her sons are getting killed in the ground which was more painful than just hearing her son is dead.

Edited by firewings_diya - 1 months ago

Originally posted by: RamAayeHain

Exactly 💯💯💯

Love those women who have self confidence and self respect then only the world will respect and trust them 👍🏻

smiley27

Dedicating a song to all of us like minded women!

Komal hai kamjor nahi tu

Shakti ka naam hi naari hai!

May the woman power be victorious always!

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Very interesting Topic

Loved The Female characters You Mentioned In Our Epics

All Four Were Powerful Women 

My Favorite Is Goddess Rukmini.