Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Guys, my Krishna-Bhama Kaliyug ff
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4606502
Read and review :)
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Oh wow! It's such a beautiful one! Loved the sweetness that dripped from every word of it!
wayward thumbnail
So the third episode starts with the teen Devavrat warding off the Shaalva army and bringing in the Prince as a prisoner of war. Later, he shows the presence of compassion and a tendency to forgive, qualities bracing just the best of Kings resulting in his appointment as the yuvaraj of Hastinapur.
Frankly speaking, the young Devavrat does disappoint in particular scenes with his odd expressions, but otherwise the cast is excellent as usual.
I've always admired Debasree Roy as Satyavati with all her coyness, and later, her determination. It was very cute, the way Shantanu asks her to keep rowing across the river while he searches or words.
There isn't much to say about Shantanu's proposal to the Dasaraaja except that it was very well-shot. But, Dasaraaja's dialogue after Shantanu left in a rage- "Manushya voh ekmaatra jeev hai jo jhooth bolta hai." stole the show. However much we want to deny this, it is the bitter truth about us humans. Then, the song. I felt it was a tad bit useless but it did add to the final effect. Yeah, if the song wasn't there, then Samayji would have to waste a lot of words explaining the determination of the king. Seems like Dasaraaja exhibited his wisdom after a wrong person because Shantanu himself did not budge from his stand.

Nahin nahin hoga nahin yah bheeshan anyaay |
Neeti preeti sangharsh mein praan bhale hi jaaye ||
Praan bhale hi jaaye ||

And then, comes this masterpiece! It's such a melodious and soothing song! I'm not sure I got the lyrics correct, so anyone who knows, do speak up for the song.

(Beet gaye, din par din beet gaye)*2 |
Madhur madhur surabhi bhari, meri saras swapna-tari ||
Is tat se us tat tak panghat se panghat tak |
Madhu ke that bhare, bhare madhu ke that beet gaye ||
Din par din beet gaye ||
Neeti preeti sangharshan daya kari aakarshan(?) |
Taras taras aasha mein, nayanon ki bhaasha mein ||
Tan man hum haar jaaye, tan man par jeet bhaye |
Din par din beet gaye, beet gaye ||
Din par din beet gaye ||

Ah, finally comes the akhanda pratigya that remains one of the most popular scenes of Indian television dramas. It was his one pratigya that changed the course of history, giving us our Mahabharat. (not to mention that it tole from India the worthiest could-have-been King!)

Chandra tale Sooraj tale, dige adig Himavant |
Devavrat ka bheshma vrat, rahe akhanda anant ||

But whatever it is, I do not think very affectionately of Shantanu who fell for Ms. Satyavati instead of getting his son married in the first place.
Edited by Radhikerani - 8 years ago
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
woh pratigya keval ek pratigya nahi thi, woh pratigya thi kurukshetra ke yuddh kaa beej. aur shaalva ki haar ban gayi bhishma ki haar ki vajah.
wayward thumbnail
Yep, that's true.
BTW, where're the others?
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

Yep, that's true.
BTW, where're the others?

Hi Choti ðŸ˜†
I agree. Shantanu was selfish by falling for Satyvati, instead of thinking of his son. Even if he did fall for her, he should have quelled it fr his son. He did no such thing. I don't like what he did to Pitamah
wayward thumbnail
It was wrong of him, but not exactly selfish because you see he was willing to let go of Satyavati for Bheeshma. I believe in real life, Shantanu's feelings were not this pronounced, as in the series (obviously for us to understand him) and it was Devavrat who understood his father's grief and sacrificed justice, while Shantanu was helpless under the "Praan jaaye" decree.
wayward thumbnail
You could try writing an OS or something on this topic, right? It's not much exploited.
SriMaatangi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

You could try writing an OS or something on this topic, right? It's not much exploited.

Whose POV?
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I wrote an OS on Bhishma pariggya long ago but it was Devavrata's POV. May I post it here?