Originally posted by: jeb1

Very nice update
Just start to read
Do pm me pls

Thank you so much, I'll definitely try!
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
you have twisted the plot so beautifully and yet things are so simple.

I just wish Arnav n Khushi stays together and solve things
IArmageddonI thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Chapter 11

"Khushi I'm sor..."

Khushi looked up, her fingers on his lips "No. Arnav don't say sorry. I was hurt, upset and even angry! But now... I don't know, I must be confused." She shrugged, playing with the hem of her shirt.

Sitting up, she continued "You know Arnav, no matter what, I was never insecure - at least not about you. Even when we hate married, I knew that you will be with me... it had never come to me that I could lose you."

"You never will!"

"I have!" Khushi almost screamed, shushing immediately once she realised where she was. "Who are you Arnav? What do you like? Apart from Harvard, the colour red and Italian food, what else do I know about you?" Tears brimmed in her eyes as her husband refused to believe her.

You don't get it, do you? When Sheetal was here, she made me realise how little I know about you. I never needed for you to tell me how much you loved me. But now, she made you smile... laugh! I thought that was something that only I could do..." Khushi whispered the last words, her lips quivering with suppressed sobs.

"I love you Khushi." Arnav said, swallowing thickly. He couldn't deny anything.

"And now I don't even know myself..." Khushi whispered, ignoring him. Arnav looked on, scared as Khushi alienated herself from him and stood up. "I need to leave."

What?

Arnav stood up, touching her panicked shoulders "You told me you won't run away." "I'm not running away Arnav. It's just that... I don't know anything! I don't know anyone! To find you, I lost myself. But it's not your fault." Wrenching his hands from her shoulders, Khushi held her head with her hands, breathing harshly. "I need to go, somewhere I don't know. Maybe in anonymity I'll meet myself?" She asked, placing her palms over her mouth.

"I'm going mad? Right? I'm not making any sense! I..." Khushi trailed off, to find an agonized Arnav look at her. With a few brisk steps, he cupped her cheeks and rest his forehead against hers "You're perfect Khushi."

"I don't want to be..." Her lips quivered, hands shaking as she held his own.

"Please, just let me go. Let me be, it's not about us... not about you, it's about me." Arnav listened to her, his heart pounding as her fear stabbed him. For once she was doing the right thing since she met him, she was thinking about herself.

Swallowing tightly, Arnav wished if she threw accusations at him. Yelled at him, throw away her wedding band or vent out how he broke her, not to be broken herself. Guilt kicked his gut as he forgot the last time she laughed. Through the corner of his eyes he spotted Khushi, sunk on the floor, her head in her hands. Just how his mother had been, before she killed herself.

"Aa... Arnav, just let me go."

"Yes... please." He croaked, mouth dry as his body burnt of a betrayal against self. "Thank you." She cried, sprinting off. Turning, he leaned against the window for a support. At the corner there was a butterfly, fluttering until a gust of wind made it smash against a window and drop dead. His eyes were trained on the crushed butterfly, hauntedly, as its deformed wing gave a last try before it became still.

He looked up, distracted, as his wife's reflection grew on the window pane. Spinning on his heel, he was next to her in a breath. "Can I," He stopped, gazing at glistening eyes "May I... just arrange everything for you? Please?" Khushi gave a noncommittal nod. Arnav picked up her bulky bag and realised his mistake when her clothes spilled across the floor. She had forgotten to zip her bag.

Kneeling down he looked at the bunched up dresses and up at a disoriented Khushi. Did he do this to her? But he just loved her. Recall your love story... how was it? The voice was naggingly close to his cousin.

Khushi remained silent, curling her palms into a fist as her husband seemed to be soft, alluring. It would come, wouldn't it? His hurt would come soo - no, no, she corrected herself, his ignorance would come first, followed by hurt and then the blame game. Nauseated by the stress, she turned to the little goddess statuette.

His hands worked deftly, folding the clothes into neat little squares. A bleep from his phone from Aman alerted him of Khushi's travel arrangements. Longing tugged him as he gently held her undergarments. The intimate materials seeming alien. Since when had he forgotten what she wore? Bile rose through his throat with every cloth folded, his mistakes unfolded.

He just needed a chance.

"Please Khushi... I prom" Khushi swiftly cut him, tears heavy on her lashes. She knew he promised her heaven and beyond  but then, she didn't need any of that. "Thank you." She whispered when he bent to kiss her forehead.

Letting him hold the suitcase, she walked into the portico, his hand in hers. The early morning grey  sky thundered with impending storm.

"I hope you like the place." He said, desperate to elicit some response from his wife.

"I know Aman did all the booking but I looked into it too so as to you later don't complain that it's Aman who ends up doing everything for you!" He laughed weakly, hoping she would smile back at him if not chuckle.

Khushi turned to look at his handsome face, his jaw tight with tension. She gently placed her free hand on his cheek. "You said the right thing Arnav. We shouldn't have married." Stroking the flesh with her thumb, she continued "You're right. I don't understand you. We've barely touched two years and this is where we are." Arnav stiffened, his words to her never sounding more horrible than her saying it.

"I never meant it."

"You're better off without me." She whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek. Before Arnav could say a word a black Mercedes turned into the lane, waiting patiently for her.

Her hand slipped away from his as she disappeared into the car. As the storm thundered above, it zoomed away with Arnav holding on to nothing but his bleeding heart. And for once, his heart and mind vehemently shouted one thing;

You destroyed it.'

-----------

Her feet tread on, careless of the lush carpet beneath as butlers and hosts flurried to get Mrs. Raizada to the Presidential Suite. She faintly recalled an assistant notifying her stay, halting as Khushi walked towards the window and gazed at the sight before her.

From an earshot she could hear faint, collective chants. The afternoon sun shining brilliantly on the holy ganges. It beckoned to her, calming her senses instantly. She was home, with her Devi Maiyya.

But that was only what a small part of her brain said.

Every part of her trip screamed opulence. The unnecessary care screamed power.

Arnav.

She could almost imagine her husband glaring at the butlers, at the walls, at the hotel, at even the horses - daring them to make a mistake for her stay.

A smile escaped Khushi's lips as she thought so. Slipping out of a hot shower, all she felt was her eyes close in a never ending sleeping as her head hit the pillow.

----------

"You WHAT?" Akash looked on, stupefied as he found his step brother sitting on the stairs of the portico. A red eyed Arnav smiled sadly, "She wanted to leave, needed to leave. Any day, hands down, she's better off without me."

Standing up, he winced at the numbness pricking his legs. Digging his hands in his pockets he found Akash studying him "I'm a parasite Akash. I've never been grateful to you or your parents for taking me in after maa's death."

"But..."

"No, you're right. What have I ever done for you, Di or her?" Arnav asked.

"So you won't do anything to get Khushi back?"

"I was killing her Akash. You know I don't remember the last time she laughed! I don't remember the last time you were happy either." Akash grit his teeth in agitation as a sullen Arnav walked away.

Taking a few hesitant steps, Payal stepped out and joined Akash. Easing into his wife's hold, Arnav groaned and turned around "Payal, I swear I have never met a more thick, pig headed man!"

"But you love him."

Sighing, Akash smiled "Of course. I can't hate my brother even if I wanted to. Yes, I can be angry, upset, hurt but..."

"Can't hate him. I know." Payal smiled, running a soothing had over his stiff back. "And I know that you're feeling guilty for Khushi and Arnav's separation. Thinking your anger spiraled or broke Arnav to such an extent that now he's lost. Right?"

Akash flopped down on a wicker chair, muttering incoherently. Payal shook her head and took his hand in hers "Well that sort of explains why Khushi isn't here. But Akash, you've got to understand that everything doesn't happen because of one person." Moving closer, she locked her arm with his "Arnav's maa never died because of you, alone. Our marriage wasn't in shambles just for your ignorance."

"What do you mean?" Akash asked, holding onto her hand.

"I feel horrible for saying it, but Arnav isn't the only reason for their broken marriage."

-------

How could it happen? She was in Varanasi, next to the Holy waters that breathed of her Goddess. Chewing angrily on another chick pea, Khushi sighed in resignation. Here she was, sitting on a ghat and watching the evening sun dip down which seared peace in her body.

But that was rivaled by her own restlessness.

Closing her eyes, she let her hand brush by the cool ganges, hoping the cold waters would heal her aching heart. How could one have everything yet have nothing? How could she wish Arnav's presence when all she wanted was to run away from him?

How could she escape from her own mind?

---------

Anjali groaned, another headache was on its way. As she heard little footsteps, she immediately plastered a smile as Aarav ran out of the bathroom in his boy shorts and a towel slung around his neck. Warmth filled her heart, he looked so much like her own brother.

Placing Aarav on her lap, she tickled his baby soft stomach as he squealed in joy. "My tickly baby!" Anjali cooed, her lack of sleep temporarily forgotten. She laughed again as Aarav shot off her lap and ran towards the cupboard, staring intently at his clothes. Looking at his epic concentration, Anjali couldn't help but hope him to be the heir of their business in future, junior ASR was really in his form.

That's when her other brother called up. Holding her call, she beckoned Aarav to her.

"Beta, can you go down and start your brunch? I'll join you soon."

"What's brunch amma?"

"It's breakfast and lunch."

"Ah!" Aarav mused. A soft smile hung on Anjali's head as she watched the little boy skip to the dining room.

"Tell me Akash."

"Di, I... " Anjali stood up, aghast at the recent happenings. "You mean to say that you have resigned AR, Khushi left Arnav and now Arnav is devastated?"

"Err... yes."

"Akash, do you know how much you mean to your emotionally stuck up brother?" Anjali prodded, calming at his hesitance from the other end. That meant that Akash knew. "Di, he needs you now. It's that he's not even doing anything to bring back Khushi. He's convinced that he's the worst thing that has happened in her life."

"Technically he's correct." Anjali chuckled a little at Akash's gasp from the other end.

"Di!"

"Akash, it took me a lot of things to understand why Shyam deceived me. And in that process I realised that no one was the way I perceived them to be. Arnav might have been the worst thing in Khushi's life, yet apart from him - there could've been no one else in her life." Anjali reasoned.

"I hope he listens to you when you say that." Akash paused to take a short breath "I don't know Di, I feel he's behaving only on the basis of his baggage and not on who he is or what he feels. It's like his parents' have ruined everything for him." A pang of guilt bit Anjali as she heard him.

"I'm coming there Akash."

------

"Haye re Nandkishore!" Aarav giggled, mimicking the magnanimous lady before him. With a little chuckle, Madhumati fondly pulled the child's ear and led him to the garden.

Arnav stared at the duo affectionately, his thoughts breaking as Anjali touched his shoulder. "Why Arnav?"

"Di I..."

"Enough! Don't give me the crap of you not being good enough for her, to be honest - that is the truth. But why are you thinking that Khushi's as hurt as maa? That man was a villain and you're nowhere close to him!" Anjali pressed, her tea long gone cold as she repeated for the fifth time.

Looking aside at Manorama's guilty form towards Akash and Payal, Arnav shook his head. "No Di. Anyways, I'm happy Akash has forgiven Mami. Even more glad that he choses to live in a different place. Though..." He trailed off, sighing as Anjali cussed under her breath.

"Why don't you ever say anything! Why not to me at least? Don't you trust me?"

"Of course Di!" Arnav snapped, frowning at the guilt in Anjali's eyes. "Wait, Di... what are you hiding from me?"

Swallowing tightly, Anjali clasped her fingers over his and whispered "What I am going to tell you now... I... I... am so sorry for having not told you before!"

------

Gripping the fence, Arnav closed his eyes and let out a deep breath. The woman he worshipped, his mother, had been no angel herself. It was difficult to believe that she had destroyed so many women's lives - even if they were just seen with his father and had nothing to do with him. Obsession, madness, psychoticism? Anjali had no answer.

They say it was romantic to go crazy in love, his mother bore the ugly side of it.

Who could he blame? His father for ruining his mother or his mother's stubbornness to believing everything was perfect? So perfect that if it hadn't been the case, she wouldn't have hesitated to kill.  

That she had been responsible for ruining the business Khushi's parents ran only because they were Garima's family. The effects of  his mother's actions made so many people turn against Gayatri and Senior Inspector Mohan Sharma that years later the enemies made off with them by an accidental' car crash.

Khushi had miraculously survived.

"Mamma was long dead by then, but it didn't matter for them. Senior Inspector Sharma was a pioneer of justice, so his death was a relief for many. Her crimes were when she wanted to kill Akash, but couldn't for her motherly instincts forbade her. The child, so tiny, how could he be responsible for her destruction? She was disgusted with herself by then, unable to grasp what she had turned into. She hated herself beyond everything, hating our father even more. Then she shot dad, and herself." Anjali had paused, letting her tears fall bay.

"Now who's responsible for what Arnav? You can't tell Khushi that hey, my mother is responsible for your parents' death because she was not! Her parents died long after ours. Mamma herself might have never known that her actions could lead to an eight years old orphan. Dad could have never known that his false promises and love could turn someone crazy. No one is responsible. Don't you think Nani tried? She had begged for Mamma to leave that man, tried to take her to psychiatrists but she didn't budge. Till date Nani blames herself for everything. I tried to protect you Arnav but then you grew up seeing the world black and white!"

It made all the more sense why his grandmother and sister was so biased towards Khushi. They always knew. Except him. Clutching the fence tighter, he wheezed a few difficult breaths, tears stinging his eyes. It was easier that his Nani came over as well, confirming everything.

Oh why didn't he know this before!

Arnav jumped, startled as Akash tapped his shoulder "Lunch has been... have you been crying?" Hastily wiping his tears Arnav nodded negatively.

The brother stood awkwardly, mimicking the other as they dug their hands in their pockets.

"Sorry."

"Sorry."

They looked up, a little grin on their faces. It had been wrong of them to judge or take advantage of the other. Be it Arnav or Akash, they had been equally broken.

Without another word, Akash lunged forward and took Arnav into a tight hug. Feeling the comfort of a shoulder, Arnav broke down into tears, gripping onto his brother.

"Aman would have got a heartattack to see ASR crying." Arnav pointed out to Akash's teary eyes, moments after each had composed themselves.

Raising an eyebrow as Arnav had been the one crying more, Akash asked "This ASR or that ASR?"

Arnav chuckled slightly "Does it matter?"

--------

"Garima." She paused, looking at her husband. It had been a day since the conversation and neither had the courage to speak about anything they had discussed. Taking a deep breath, Garima closed the door of their bedroom.

The family could wait.

"Yes Shashiji?"

It was there in his eyes, asking her if she ever loved him.

"Nothing." Shashi sighed, wheeling himself towards the door. "Shashiji." He halted in his tracks, waiting as Garima sat at the edge of the bed, calling him. With downcast eyes, she confessed;

"I might have not said enough but the truth is that you aren't my first love, neither the man whom I gave myself to. You aren't even the father of my only child. But... you're everything that makes me want to be alive and smile. Does that make sense?" Garima refused to look up, playing with the edge of her saree, sensing him wheeling closer to her.

She sucked a breath as he wiped her tears. With a soft sob, she continued "I don't know how these youngsters say it but yes, I love you. I might have never said it but if you weren't there then I would have die..."

"Shush!" Shashi scolded, affectionately. Holding her hands, he shook his head at his own naivete. How could he not have recognised it? "It's not that I never understood. Garima, I'm so sorry for doubting...I just wanted to,"

"I understand." Garima cut him off, smiling. His chest swelled further as she wound her arm around his, leaning to rest her head on his shoulder.

After all these years, Shashi fell in love with Garima.  

Again.

------
IArmageddonI thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Chapter 12

-------------

"Arrey Anjali bitwa!" Madhumati fussed around Anjali, not liking the fact that the sweet girl was serving lunch. To add to Madhumati's horrors, little Aarav made Madhumati swear on his name to not do anything except sit, with him joining his mother in serving the table.

Payal smiled happily, helping Aarav out with a basket of rotis. She watched the two brothers grabbing the pots of dish from an annoyed Anjali, the awkwardness replaced by a happiness they were pretending to be in. Though Arnav's smile was more forced than the others.

Payal knew the reason why, his happiness was truly missing. But a tiny part of her brain told her that soon all would live the moments for real. Her heart lurched at the thought of her sister.

Khushi.

--------------

Firecrackers burst into the sky, joy and celebration decking the city like a new bride. Yet the jubilation of her favourite Goddess barely brought a smile on Khushi's face. Her mind had calmed in Varanasi, but the same couldn't have been said for her heart.

Today was the fourth day of Navratri, red was the colour for all. Tears welled her eyes as she held up the crimson saree near her chest, bittersweet memories following soon. Draping the georgette material over herself, she left her hair loose - recalling the first time he ever gazed her as woman, the first time he wished to come close to her.

She left her suite, memorising the smell of sandalwood and hymns all around. Suddenly her heart clenched as she looked at the Mother Goddess, where did everything go wrong?

Suddenly her phone rang.

It was Payal.

"So you ran away?" Khushi blinked at her sister's words. Clutching her phone tight, Khushi replied "No. I just needed some time."

"Then you must be feeling great now?" Khushi sighed at Payal's question. Feeling good had barely been a known emotion, lately.

"Khushi, no matter who you are, you wouldn't have been able to handle anybody if you didn't trust yourself. You just saw when he changed, but you didn't remain the same either." Payal's soothing voice raged a storm in Khushi's heart.

"I... I was the same!" Khushi argued.

"Really? Where was the girl who never forgot her own happiness? Under the piles of being the perfect daughter, sister, sister in law... I never saw Khushi, or even Arnav's wife for that matter." Payal accused, without blaming her sister.

Khushi couldn't reply.

"Pagli, I always pegged you to be smarter than me! Then why the same mistake? You took the vows with Arnav but you fulfilled the promise with his family, not with him nor yourself."

"Jiji... I... I feel lost." Khushi confessed, several minutes later.

"You don't have to Khushi." Payal coaxed. "Just remember how you were, as a person, when everything was going fine. When we all were happy, when you had his love." Payal whispered the last sentence, hoping Khushi could understand her.

Closing her eyes, Khushi recalled her younger self. The spirited girl who never compromised for happiness. The one who could read people as if they were her favourite books. The person who was never judgemental nor seized moments to get appraisal from others.

Suppressing a sob, Khushi asked "Why did I change Jiji?"

"Fear. Fear of not holding onto what you have. Yet that very fear kills everything."

Sitting on a nearby stool, Khushi let the tears roll by as guilt burdened her. "Khushi, I want you to be with Arnav but if I don't know something, something horrible that he could have done with you - then don't get back with him."

"He has repented." Khushi found herself saying. "In his weird, strange ways. He has."

Did he? Khushi thought to herself, and recalled the night they consummated for the first time. For a man who could never say much, he had. And there were others who committed graver crimes - they deserved the rest of her hatred.

"None of you are perfect Khushi. But I've seen you both together, you both fit like the perfect piece of puzzle. So think again Khushi... think again."

He was restless without her. She was anxious without him.

Always.

There hadn't been a moment when seeing Arnav wasn't a big deal for her. Be it in the form of hate, attraction, hurt, love. It had been the highlight of her day, every single time. What had happened to that girl who could fall off a floor but not submit to his arrogance?

She was hurt because she allowed herself to hurt.

Weren't there times when he expressed but she chose to stay blind? What if she hadn't been tough to his advances, the second time round? What if she had not played naive and confronted herself that she was in love with him - enough to trust him with the truth? What if she had taken her husband to a real date, the one meant for meeting hearts than simply trying to bring his style? What if she had realised that her husband was trying his own weird ways of spending time with her? What if she had simply been the first to reciprocate, than smile in silence?

Khushi realised her concern sister was still speaking, giving her advices that suddenly had more meaning than ever. "And Khushi, you can't find peace anywhere else because home is where the heart is..."

"And my heart is with him." Payal stopped abruptly, hearing Khushi's faint whisper.

--------

Everything could have been solved, if she had tried. When it was Shyam, she should have told Arnav the truth. When it was Sheetal, she should have shown her who the missus was.

Nothing ever mattered except, she loved him.

She had her own set of mistakes, so did he.

What if, instead of running poles apart to solve, they tried to overcome it together?

--------

"Did you tell her how devastated Bhai is?" Akash asked, frowning as his wife shook her head negatively. "She needs to know her own feelings first Akash, and then you don't tell everyone everything!" Payal waved her hand dismissively.

"Ah, I see..." Akash nodded with mock thoughtfulness, enjoying Payal's sigh of indignation.

"But Akash, won't you join AR back? If not that, at least let's stay with Maa and Papa?" Akash's smile faded. "No Payal. I'm ever grateful to all of them, but I need to find my own footing." Payal's pride towards her husband grew, along with a blush as he bent to kiss her swollen belly.

"Thank you Payal." Payal placed her hand over his, reading the words hidden under his choked voice. "You were my shadow Akash. You didn't leave me in the dark, you just weren't visible then."

-------------

"Hi Aman, it's Anjali here." Anjali said, confused at her own anticipation as Aman cleared his throat "Yes An... Miss. Raizada. How're you? And how's Aarav?"

"I'm fine... and Aarav,"

Aarav looked up, his eyes shining bright as he squealed "Phone for me amma? Hello, hello! I'm Aarav." Anjali rolled her eyes and chuckled "Yes it's from Aman."

"Hello Aman Uncle. How are you? How's office? When are you going to visit us?"

Aman's eyes widened at the number of questions Aarav shot at him "Hey here buddy! How will I ever answer all the questions at once!" Anjali laughed at Aman's predicament, laughing even harder as Aarav shyly went back to his drawing book in embarrassment.

"He's opened up. Glad to see that." Anjali nodded in agreement. "So Aman, is Khushi fine?"

"She's terrible without sir, if that counts good news for you." Anjali's smile grew at that thought "As long as it doesn't hurt her heart too bad."

"Don't worry ma'am, I'll keep you posted."

"Don't call me ma'am."

"Anjali, then?" Anjali was taken aback by his abrupt change. She had waited for a prolonged battle of chivalry but for once, the no-nonsense-straight-to-the-point appealed to her even more than she expected.

"That sounds great. Take care and if there's any need then don't hesitate to call, or inform." Anjali added.

"I won't hesitate. Take care. And..." Anjali waited.

"Nothing. Just take care, I mean if you want to say about something else... bye." Aman cussed under his breath while Anjali stifled a chuckle.

"I'll take that offer up soon. Bye Aman." Anjali cut the call, only realising that she had held her breath tight.

Aman kept his cell away, trying to maintain his expressionless mode. Though the reflection in the glass showed a goofy smile. Anjali shook her head at the immaturity, friendship - that's all that it was. And it was delightfully refreshing!

--------

The blurry vision of the ghat cleared once Khushi blinked her teary eyes. Payal's words hung heavy in her head. For a moment she let herself be, soaking in the air around her, her mind running without any trail of thought.

"Happy Navratri!" Khushi turned to find a well dressed Aman smiling at her.

Standing up, she became embarrassed realising that it was three days after her arrival did she notice that Aman was the other person accompanying her on this trip. "Amanji, I'm so sorry I didn't even realise..."

"It's absolutely fine! In fact I left the hotel once I reached here. You see, my family lives here."

"Really! You should have told me before!" Khushi said.

Aman reached into a packet and held out a box for Khushi. "My mother sent this for you, it's home made. I hope you like it."

"Amanji what was the necessity of troubling your mother? As far as sweets are concerned, I'll love them. Thank you so much." Khushi smiled, the essence of sweet teasing her nostrils.

"No issues. Honestly, you're missing the actual view. If you go towards the patio by the pool, you'll get a wonderful sight of the evening aarti. It's a treat for sore eyes during Navratri. As a child I used to run to the roof of my house to see it every night!" Their conversation was interrupted as Aman's mother called him.

"Aman, I know your sir must have hounded you to stay here like a security camera..." Aman laughed, not bothering to correct Khushi's accurate assumptions "But I insist that you go back to your family and spend the rest of the days with them."

For once, Aman didn't mind beaming at her suggestion. Khushi smiled at his retreating figure, looking down at the tiffin box in her hands. She would definitely drop by Aman's house for this lovely gesture.

Her smile grew as she found delicious, freshly cooked jalebis. Closing her eyes, she inhaled the sugary smell, one that brought many bittersweet memories along with it. Hastily taking two warm jalebis out of the box, wonder shone in her eyes as she munched on the crispy sweetness. The flavours hit her like never before.

A flavour of hope.

The silent chants beckoned her once again. A thousand diyas glittered as the ganges leaped into a life of its own. It was a sight so beautiful that Khushi nearly lost her footing as she approached the patio.

But she wasn't looking at Devi Maiyya.

It was him.

---------------

He stopped her fall, again.

Khushi never knew the colour black could be so dear, until it was what her husband chose to wear. Several questions threatened their silence, but she remained mum. If this was magic, let it be so.

His bleak black suit creased as he bent to make her sit on a nearby chair. Arnav paused for a moment, uncertain when her hazy eyes met his. Their breathing grew harsher by the moment, bodies taut with tension as they exchanged a noiseless heart-to-heart.

A sharp gasp left her mouth when a hot tear fell on her feet. Her hands had a life of their own, cupping his stubbled cheek. Arnav closed his eyes, relishing as she brushed away the moisture. Her fingertips ran numb when his hand clasped around her ankle, raising her delicate foot on his knee.

"Arnav..."

"Khushi..."

Khushi's eyebrows nearly met her hairline the moment Arnav fished out an object from his pocket. Her mother's anklets. Quaking in anticipation, she clutched her saree in fists. Arnav grazed his fingers on her skin, clasping the frail silver jewellery to adorn her ankles.

The light were pale to shine in his eyes when he held her close, not enough for his liking, but close. Resting his forehead on hers, he said "Every single time I've thrown a blanket over what's happened. Never apologised enough for ruining you," He shook his head, stopping her from interrupting him.

"This time I promise to not repeat my mistakes. Shout at me when I'm blackmailing you, hurt me when I ignore you... do whatever it takes but... don't leave me baby. There's no Arnav, no ASR, without his Khushi." Arnav swallowed tightly, lacing his fingers with hers.

"I am so sorry Khushi. So sorry."

"I am sorry too." Arnav looked up, surprised.

"How would you know my feelings if I stopped telling you. Everyone began to matter except the two of us. You wanted to take me out, so many times, but I broke your plans for my childish reasons. There's one thing about being immature and another being blind." She said, flicking off invisible dust from his coat with her hand gently coming to rest on his chest.

For a moment they let silence envelop them.

Arnav watched with amazement when her eyes fluttered shut at his caress. Weighing his words, he begged "Come back home, it's not the same without you."

A chuckle left her lips, with a tear rolling down her cheek "I am home!" She exclaimed, smiling at his navet to not understanding her. Placing his hand on her raging heart, Khushi repeated "I am home." Arnav's palm closed above hers, realization dawning on him.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

The diyas stood like a mere spark next to the flame in his eyes. How strange it was for them to think love was easy. If it was, it wasn't love. Desire and dreams fluttered their wings in the lovers' hearts.

We will take our baby steps, one at a time... but a step forward.

Khushi's eyes softened when she saw that not even once did he note her red saree. Tears clogged her throat in realization that it never was her clothes nor form to attract his attention.

It had just been her.

Only her.

Wrapping an arm around her waist, her cupped her nape ever so tenderly and did what he should have done years ago at the night of Diwali.

He kissed her.

-------

FIN

--------

My dearest readers,

With this, this journey of Arnav and Khushi comes to an end! I can't tell how overwhelmed I feel. Your love and continued support to the story has made all the difference! Thank you for sticking on and please comment/vote/share/like or use any way to express your feelings for this story!

Sincerely,

P.S : Yes, there 'may' be an epilogue which could be an independent two/three shot. It won't be an exact epilogue for I believe this story meets its end here, but the little afters would have this background of the Raizada and Gupta family. Cheers! Also don't forget to check out the Q&A page for the family links!

If you're interested in checking any VMs - check out Elated Pictures on Vimeo. There are over twenty of them!

Edited by IArmageddonI - 7 years ago
Lily30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved chapter 11 and 12 πŸ‘
Loved the ending πŸ‘
Arnav lets Khushi go to find herself and goes to her at the end if he is what she wants, beautiful ending.
Eager for the epilogue πŸ˜ƒ
tinken thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You touched the soul! It was nothing less than poetry.
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
amazing closure...however the matter of Sheetal and her existence remain a mystery for me

But the way you have closed the loop is so satisfactory, yes Khushi did fulfill her vows about his family...but never with him...she became a good daughter in law, but what about being a good wife...

She shouldve showed Sheetal who the missus was...is...
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
loved the ending..absolutely awesome..πŸ‘
abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
too good a very beautifully written story.
lara3110 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Incredible updates. I was anxious till the end. I am delighted that you brought them together. Arnav or ASR is nothing without HIS KHUSHI.