Arshi SS :I Perfectly Flawed I Pg 83 IMP Note *Complete* - Page 51

Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by lara3110

I am sorry, I am not able to log in???πŸ˜’

Not able to log in? Are you signed up on Wattpad already?

I have joined the account but still cannot open the same??
I succeeded.  Just going through it n will comment later...πŸ˜‰
Very nice update
Just start to read
Do pm me pls
Fabulous update. I reread all the chapters.  Fascinating work.  
Khushi should still be a little reticent with Arnav.  Arnav is an egoist and when his tempers shoots up, his behavior towards Khushi is unspeakable.  At the moment, he sounds very remorse, but will it last long? I doubt very much.  He wants a punching bag, someone to shout at and misbehave. Questionable character... full of himself.!!

Love your work.  Do you have any more SS, FF, etc. Send me a link.

β­οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by lara3110 - 7 years ago
Loved chapter 10πŸ‘
Remorseful Arnav and hesitant Khushi, eager for the next part. 
Thank you for the noteπŸ˜ƒ
Will we be able to read the next chapter, soon???πŸ˜›
Hey guys, let me say that I've decided to re-upload chapter 10 here : ) 

Chapter 10

It had taken a million misunderstandings, a hundred abuses and a few days apart to hate him, for once.  

But it took a single sight to love him, again.  

Breath knocked out of her lungs as she watched her husband take measured steps to her, his hand making his way to her shoulders. Without another word he had her pulled against him, his heart hammering in his chest.

"I am sorry Khushi." He whispered, his eyes closed, too scared to her reaction. Yet just as sweetly, Khushi remained in his arms. Breaking to look into his eyes, Khushi flashed a barely there smile to Arnav and led him inside.

The family looked on, the elders half embarrassed yet relieved by the intimate hug exchanged between their daughter and son in law. Akash on the other hand was not feeling nearly as generous as he immediately hovered over Khushi, standing as a firm barrier between the two of them.

"Bh..."

"Khushi, let's head to the balcony." Akash gestured to him, Arnav and Khushi. Pausing to look back, he smiled at the worried frown on Payal's face and cleared his throat "Payal, serve us some snacks please. I need to have a chat as to why did he leave my lovely sister alone here." Payal smiled back at Akash's forced one and excused herself, she knew that for whatever reasons concerned - they needed their privacy.

Arnav looked up, not liking a bit of the distance between him and Khushi as Akash planted himself right in between them. "Ak..." Arnav broke off, taking a moment to calm himself.

"I'm sorry Akash. I didn't mean to,"

"That doesn't make a difference. Just tell me, you did know right that such contractual papers don't give a legal name to marriage?" Khushi gasped, half glaring at Akash to stop right away as he rudely probed Arnav.

Growling at his bruised ego, Arnav snarled at the question. "Akash, I said I'm sorry."

"I don..."

"Bhai please!" Khushi cut in, her eyes flaming with anger. "Don't you remember what I said?"

"Akash bhai, also promise me that you won't push Arnav to the edge about this." Khushi looked to find an incredulous look on Akash's face. "W... what? Why? Do you think he would have kept quiet if someone played like this with Anjali Di?"

"Bhai! He is nowhere close to Shyam, we both know that! Over that, this is something that Arnav and I need to resolve. I tried fixing your marriage, what happened?" Khushi yanked his arm while Akash gritted his teeth furiously, she was right. Knowing Akash's insecurities, Khushi brightened slightly and turned his face to meet hers.

"We all need you Bhai. Trust me, I'll be an utterly shameless little sister demanding for your attention and help, but only when time says."

"Fine." Akash grumbled, recalling Khushi's words. Finding Arnav confused on Khushi's referral to Akash as Bhai, he turned towards Arnav and cleared his throat.

"I am Khushi's cousin."

Without another word Akash walked away, a part of him still frightened to disclose his birth to his brother while Arnav mutely looked on, his eyes widening in realisation.

If Akash was his step brother and Khushi's cousin... Garima had been impregnated by his father.

----

"The kids might take up some time together, I say let's have lunch." Garima hinted at the need for the kids privacy as Madhumati and Shashi wisely agreed.

The moment Madhumati walked out of sight, Shashi nudged his wife gently "We need to disown one of our kids."

"What?" Garima stood up, flabbergasted as her husband continued to speak. "Payal is my baby and Akash is yours. To the world they're step siblings and that doesn't allow them to marry, even though they share no blood." Settling beside Shashi, Garima saw the agitation etched on his face.  

"First, he was never going to tell anyone that he's my child. Second, Payal is our baby." Garima put in, her stance stiffening with her husband's non committal nod. Sitting on her knees, she placed her hands on his lap, her voice quivering with sadness "You think I love Akash because I see a part of Arvind in him?" Shashi's eyes grew wide as tears rolled down Garima's cheeks.

"All these years that I've spent, devoting my life to you and you still think..."

"I never wanted devotion." Garima grew silent at his words, her eyes searching his for an answer. "What else Shashiji? I thought I was being the perfect friend, if not wife for you." Shashi turned around, wheeling himself to the corner of the room.

"I wanted none of that Garima. None of your duties, responsibilities or even friendship for that matter."

She stood up, her hands fisting in her saree as she heard him mince his words. Hurt agonised her as she marched up to her husband and folded her arms, her eyes teary from defeat "What then? What in the world did you wan..." Garima became speechless as she looked into his hollow eyes.

He wanted love.

----

"Khushi." Khushi broke from her trail of thoughts to find Arnav sag in his chair, suddenly aged.

"Arnavji?"

As his tired eyes met hers, she knew in an instant that he had simply his entire nightmare. "Amma had immediately left him, in between of her pregnancy when she came to know he was married with two kids."

Arnav nodded, grateful for the little piece of information.

Unable to take the anguish in his eyes, Khushi walked closer to him, her hand cupping his bristly cheek. "Trust me Arnavji, if Amma had done anything immoral... I wouldn't have forgiven her myself."

Arnav wrapped his arms around her waist, his head buried in her stomach. "It still hurts me that he cheated Maa." Khushi bent, holding him close to her. "And I might be just like him!"

"NO!" Khushi grabbed his face, forcing his eyes to meet his. "Yes, you've hurt me... time and again. But you aren't a thread close to that filthy man. You get that?" She closed her eyes as Arnav pulled her closer, his face seeking solace in the crook of her neck.

"Don't leave me Khushi. Please."

Letting tears fall free, Khushi whispered "It's pathetic that even if I try, I can't."

----

Lunch was a silent affair, even though there were four different individuals at the corners of the table. Apart from a few chews of morsels and clinks of spoons, silence hung heavy.

"Amma, Bauji and Buaji had lunch together. You see Bauji has lunch around 1 pm." Payal said, hoping to have broken the ice with Arnav nodding mutely. His eyes, however, stayed glued to Khushi who only picked at her food. He had been hopeful, that after their moment in the balcony Khushi would relent and be with him.

But something was off.

Khushi behaved as if there was nothing wrong in the first place. And that wasn't his wife. He expected her to demand explanation, a part of him burning to tell how she had been right in deducing Sheetal's motives.

Reaching for her hand under the table, Arnav smiled as surprise painted on her face. Yet his smile faded just as quick as she let her hand be and continued eating with her other hand. No anger or embarrassment.

There was just no life in her.

Turning aside to look at his brother, Arnav decided to broach another topic "Why did you hand over your shares are resign?" The spoon remained mid-air as Akash caught his brother's eye. "Aman, right?" Arnav nodded at the source of information.

"Why did you name your shares to me?" Arnav prodded while Akash gave him a tight smile "You deserved it, always."

"No." Arnav whispered, one that only caught Khushi's attention. She knew that even though he barely admitted it - Akash was Arnav's right hand man in the business. Khushi almost wanted to talk it out with her brother, but the need for him to strengthen himself won over her own worries.

Payal on the other hand, was surprised by the hostility between the brothers - especially from Akash's end. Worry flitted in Khushi as she watched Arnav force his lunch in, his hurt reflecting on his face. And for once Arnav was happy, that was the only emotion he had seen in his wife after he had come here. He still remembered Mami barging into his house, demanding explanations as to why had Akash broken down...

The fact that Anjali looked after his mess, defending him in front of the family for his faults broke Arnav. If there were two people in the world who understood him, it was Anjali and Khushi. Both knew that he was such a man who never uttered a word despite his life's turbulences.

Taking advantage of his sister's understanding, for the first time, Arnav found himself marching up to Khushi's house for two selfish reasons.

One, he needed his wife back.

Two, ASR never loses what he has.

"Puri?" Khushi asked, aware of her husband's questioning eyes on her as she served puffed flatbread on his plate. How? Arnav thought... after everything how could she keep the facade of happiness? Or even worse, was she indifferent to him? Torn between his wife's stance and brother's anger, Arnav snapped up to see his mother in law walk in with a bowls of sweet dish.

"This one is for you beta." Garima smiled warmly, passing a separate sugar free bowl to him. "Thank you," Arnav smiled back, fondly looking at the sweet "Gajar ka halwa? It's Akash's favourite."

"I don't see your need to remember things about me Bhai." Akash snapped, keeping his bowl untouched while a worried Garima glanced at them.  

Without another word, Arnav storms from the dining table with Khushi looking helplessly at her husband and brother. "Amma." Khushi said, pleadingly as the older woman nodded quietly and beckoned Akash to another room.

----

"I know you may not consider me a mother yet..."

"Maa!" Akash protested, looking at Garima's sad eyes. "So beta why are you hurting him? He's the closest family you have!" Folding his arms in annoyance, Akash turned aside. "I don't need you to side him. And I told you why I was hurt." Last night Akash had explained everything to Garima, apart from the contract marriage part.  

Holding his elbow, Garima turned Akash to face him "Still, you have no right to hurt him. You're forgetting that Arnav is the only person who didn't gain anything by bringing you into the family. Instead of seeing you as the reason of Avantika's death, he saw you as a younger brother. Who does this?"

Flinching at the truth in her words, Akash scowled "So what should I do? Be buried under his greatness!"

"Akash!" Garima gasped, feeling out of place all of a sudden. Akash looked on, saddened that he might have hurt his mother "Families don't owe debt to anybody." As Akash tried to clarify Garima raised her hand, speaking further "For one mistake of his, you can't forget that he has been the father figure of your life. And if you can't forgive him for that one mistake, then I shouldn't be forgiven for having had an affair with a married man!"

"MAA! You never knew!" Akash protested.

"And he could hurt you intentionally? Can he?" Garima challenged. Words ceased Akash as he saw the grain of truth in her words. Arnav could never intentionally hurt him. As Garima walked away, Akash felt as if he had judged people too harshly for his own pain.

And that's when it dawned, he might have just tested the breaking point in Arnav and Khushi's marriage.

Oh no.

----

"How's business going beta?" Shashi half smiled as Arnav answered absentmindedly, his eyes glued to the pale woman who was busy washing dishes in the kitchen.

Khushi handed Akash's tea to Payal and returned back to washing the dishes when she was faintly aware of his eyes on her. Urging to not turn around, Khushi took solace by looking at his reflection on the glass before her. Her treacherous heart hummed in delight watching his caramel eyes fixated on her.

But that's how it happens... he stared, she blushes, he kisses, she shies, he fights, she cries, he pleads, she forgives.

"Why beta, you loved her..." Shashi trailed off, catching a guilty Arnav's attention. He didn't have to be a genius to figure that Shashi might have deduced over half the things. "I won't blame you." Shashi consoled a surprised Arnav who immediately relaxed, stealing wistful glances at Khushi.

Setting in his wheelchair, Shashi coughed slightly "I don't want to demonize you beta. But for the love of God, why did you ruin the life of the woman you loved?"

"I still love her uncle. And I didn't want hurt her, not intentionally." Arnav confessed, cracking his knuckles while Shashi prodded him to continue. "You won't understand uncle." Arnav sighed, snapping suddenly as Shashi began to laugh heartily.

Checking his laughter, Shashi folded his arms and told Arnav "If all those years ago Shyam was Arvind, Anjali was Avantikaji and Khushi was Garima... then who do you think played my role?"

Arnav's eyes widened as Shashi let out a sad laugh.

"Life's such a pity, Garima had fallen for your father but Khushi... she had always loved you." Turning to face Arnav again, Shashi clenched his jaw in barely restrained anger. "So cut it off when you tell me that I DON'T UNDERSTAND." Seeing the emptiness in Arnav's eyes, Shashi took a deep breath and spared Arnav.

A broken Arnav looked on as the old man wheeled himself into his room.

-------

"Khushi, go." Conveniently ignoring her sister's words, Khushi worked around the kitchen, furiously rubbing the spot of dirt. "Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada." Payal gritted out, grabbing Khushi's elbow "Jiji!" Khushi exclaimed.

"I know you might hate me for saying this, but go to him and speak. Trust me when I tell you, there were mistakes from your end as well." For the sake of her sister, Khushi found herself alone in the hall with her husband. There he was, digging his hands in his pocket as his anxious eyes glimmered barely on watching her come from the kitchen.  

Yet before either could exchange a word, a dejected Garima walked out followed by a calmer but distracted Akash.

"I'm sorry for the way Akash spoke." Arnav looked on, the surprise on his face to find Garima apologising. Realising her mistake, Garima paled rapidly as a thousand questions fluttered in her mind.

What would happen Arnav would know that she sired a child of his father? What would happen to Khushi, her torn between her adoptive mother and husband?

With human control, Arnav tamed his anger and looked at the pale woman before him. It wasn't her fault... it really wasn't her fault. "N... no problem." He bit out, plastering a smile on his face as he caught his wife's tense form sag in relief from the corner. Her relief was worth everything.

Quietly accepting his forgiveness, the smile dropped from Garima's face as she sensed the rough waters between in her younger child's life. "Bitwa, with today being a Saturday... why don't you stay here for the night?" Ignoring her daughter's stern face of protest, Garima walked away with a soft smile noting Arnav's hopeful nod.

Every aching distance needed a bittersweet conversation.

----

Stop. Looking. At. Me

Each word was punctuated by a traitorous heartbeat as Khushi sneaked a glance of her husband's lean figure against the door, his eyes fixed on her movements. Huffing slightly, she put on her mask of indifference and grabbed a few blankets from the cupboard.

"So now we're sleeping separately?" His words were, for once, soft.

"With Jiji and Bhai here, there's only the spare room which has a single bed, so someone has to sleep in the living room."

"We could fit in the single bed,"

"I don't want to sleep in that room. "

"Nor with me, that's the problem... right?"

"Shyam used to sleep there."

"Oh."

Without another word, Khushi headed to the living room when Arnav called out "I'll sleep outside." Arnav looked on, disappointed when a thought struck his head.

She had been carrying two pillows even before he told so.

------

"No way! Beta agreed I called you to stay but how could you sleep outside?"

"Haye Re Nandkisore! Do you want to get knocked out with my belan babua?"

"Akash and I will adjust in the other room, please use the A.C room."

Arnav and Khushi's head moved like a ping pong ball, focusing from one face to the other as their lovely family members protested against them sleeping in the living room. "Stop!" Arnav shouted, exasperated at the family's... love?

To only see the family continue for a twenty more minutes until they all put in to make the floor bedding themselves.

-----

The old table fan whirred noisily, puffing cold air every now and then. Slipping into a thin vest, Arnav looked on as Khushi set a pillow and blanket on the couch, to only lay down on the floor bedding alone.

"You'll be more comfortable on the sofa." She said as she reached for her own blanket. For an answer, she found her husband grab his pillow and blanket and place them beside hers. "I'll be just as comfortable here."

With a glance towards him, she removes her stole and tucks herself into bed, although sleep was a distant dream. Just as his hand touched hers, Khushi shot up, moving away from him. "Khushi..."

"No Arnav, don't do sweet things for me." Pausing to look at his hurt face, Khushi took a deep breath. "I love you for respecting my family but this doesn't mean I can take anymore hurt."

"Khushi,"

"Arnav I can't stay in this cycle anymore. I'm just..." Her voice wobbled as she looked at the moistness come in his eyes with her rejection. Cursing under her breath, she crawled closer to him and cupped his bristly cheeks "I'm just a second away from kissing you. But after this love, there will be another misunderstanding followed by pain."

Grabbing her shoulders, Arnav said "But Sheetal's away Khushi. I kicked her out after... you were right all along." Sagging against his hold, Khushi shook her head "It was never about Shyam or Sheetal... it's about us."

Falling on her back, Khushi stared at the ceiling. Slipping beside her, Arnav held her hand, rubbing the skin near her wrist.

"I was eight. My father was driving the car at a horrific speed because he was yelling at my mother, who was yelling back. I don't even remember what they were fighting about, I had tucked my head under a teddy... waiting for them to stop fighting. Another car did it." Arnav sucked in a breath, his hold becoming firmer by the minute.

Khushi continued "The teddy saved me when the car skid into the cliff. When I got up, I saw a rod sticking out of my father's neck and my mother's head split into bloody pieces. The ambulance took hours to come. I kept staring at the dead bodies of my parents. Within a week I was thrust into Amma's home and I held her all night. She just looked like my mother. We never got to know who killed my parents."

She closed her eyes, feeling him wrap her shaking body in his arms. It was comforting. "I couldn't let them down after the love they gave me. Jiji gave up her dreams of becoming a doctor to fund my studies. So it didn't hurt me when she had soft, chiffon clothes while I had cheap sparkly ones. I had a family that made me forget the yells of my dead parents... till I met you."

Arnav swallowed thickly, his eyes filled with unshed tears as she turned to face him. "I had forgotten what injustice was, what giving up dreams was, what sadness was... till I met you. But after you proposed me, after the insistence of everyone though, you were right about one thing."

Twisting her wedding band, she looked away from him "Love reduces anyone to anything." Reaching to his cheek, she wiped his tear.

"I'm sorry," He whispered against her neck, his voice choked.

Before she could reply, her lips reached his as her hands dived into his thick hair, tightening her grip towards him. His distress echoed with every contact to her damp, baby-soft skin.

"Please don't leave me..." His trance snapped as a soft laugh escaped her mouth. "I can't... even if I try I can't." She mumbled. Sitting up, she set his askewed hair with a sad affection "The fault isn't with you Arnav... it's probably with me. If I married a man like NK then months later I would be complaining, helpless against his irresponsibilities or lost in an alien country like Australia."

Brushing her knuckles against his cheeks, she continued "Just like ASR would quote, the mistake is with Khushi Kumari Gupta." Arnav took her wandering hand, his heart breaking with every word from her mouth. Lying limp, Khushi asked "What happened when Jiji and Bhai got married? My status didn't matter... didn't you love me for who I was or," Khushi stopped, slapping her own head.

"It must have been my imagination! How silly of me. What is love Arnav? For what we have now... can be anything but love."

Originally posted by renee.bee

Please try a blog, we need to download an app just for the story and create an account.

Yes, a blog will be up real soon :) And the story will be posted here and remain till 1 month after it's over. 

Originally posted by ranogill

Loved it

Thanks

Originally posted by Archu61

I managedto log in,as you create a new password .but overall .I glad that aakash told him  that he connected to khushie .and she not bending as easily .arnav needs to de ide what he expecting in his marriage to khushie 

Thank you so much for your efforts to read my story! Glad you liked the chapter

Originally posted by MysticRiver

thank you for the note...

Welcome :)

Originally posted by cj-the-fool

Hmm i liked ur twists a lot more than the original IPKKND..it has those k-drama-esque feel.. i absolutely loved the olderlpayal and younger akash angle. Makes manorama's hostility more intense. Now can't wait for hero's entry. Both khushi and arnav need to mature a lot for their delicate and fragile relationship to survive this convoluted ordeal.

Thank you so much! I hope you like the next chapter as well :)

Originally posted by cj-the-fool

Okay just saw ur note will try to make a wattpad acc. Hopefully will see u there soon. Best of luck and warm wishes

Thanks dear

Originally posted by abivicky86

read the update it was beautifully written.aaksh being garimas son brings in a new angle to the story and i also  liked the conversation between shashi and arnav.

Thank you so much dear. 

Fabulous update. I reread all the chapters.  Fascinating work.  
Khushi should still be a little reticent with Arnav.  Arnav is an egoist and when his tempers shoots up, his behavior towards Khushi is unspeakable.  At the moment, he sounds very remorse, but will it last long? I doubt very much.  He wants a punching bag, someone to shout at and misbehave. Questionable character... full of himself.!!

Love your work.  Do you have any more SS, FF, etc. Send me a link.

β­οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thank you so much dear :) That's what... it depends for how long will his character change/stay for. 

Yes I do! I'll try to send the links as soon as possible. 

Originally posted by Lily30

Loved chapter 10πŸ‘
Remorseful Arnav and hesitant Khushi, eager for the next part. 
Thank you for the noteπŸ˜ƒ

Glad you loved the chapter :)

Will we be able to read the next chapter, soon???πŸ˜›

Definitely!