Marriage is not a relation to one person- Sita

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
I would want every man, every woman especially young girls and boys to pay attention to what Sita said today. Growing up in nuclear families either with one kid or max two kids our generation has grown up with lot of independence.  At our home maybe we didnt had to balance our roles as a daughter and a sister as they rarely contradict. 
But that is not the case in a marriage. The boy is already a son and a brother and the girl a daughter, a sister. So when they become husband wife in addition to that roles like DIL, son-in-law, bhabi, devar, mausi, chachi, mami, Jeejaji etc gets added. 
And at the centre of the matter is neither the boy knows the equation the girl shares with her parents and siblings, nor does the girl knows the equation he shares with his parents and siblings. 
But by observing you can slowly understand how each relation stands and respect those relations also. 
Ram was quick to understand Urmila cares for her sister deeply and admonished his brother for being angry with her and Sita understood Ram's attachment to Lakshman and admonished her sister for talking ill about him. It is for both the partners to ensure that their family members do not insult anyone from the spouse's family. If any incorrect behaviour is found, you have to ask your family member only to keep quiet, than create a ruckus on your brother didnt speak properly or your sister was speaking loudly. It is like correcting our side than pointing fingers at other side. 

We need to understand that this simple finger pointing can lead to bigger fights. If Ram had informed Janak on his daughter was not talking properly to his brother or Sita had sent some dasi with a message to Ram that his brother was angry with her sister how will it look. Between most couples this is what happens. For small small things fights will erupt. And the family will chip in too. Her sister's fault, his brother's fault etc etc.. Once many family members step in things will go from couple's hand. 

And if you see Sita first serves food to Lakshman. Reason if she wins his trust, she gets an ally in her new home. A loving, doting devar.  So if she needs anything in her new home she can count on her devar, who already is willing to eat anything prepared by his bhabi. 

Also treating him special Sita is showing Ram that she understands how special Lakshman is for him. And at every point just like Ram keeps his brother's safety paramount, as his bhabi she will be very much doting to him and never come between his and Ram's relation. 

A woman with wisdom understands who is that person in her husband's side who is his favourite, who also has a good connect with all the family members. Instead of feeling insecure she will make that person her ally so that she gets help from that person to establish other relations. And if the relation is good in arguments devar will take bhabi's side over bhaiya's πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Many girls in their possessiveness and so called independence wanting husband only for them doesnt spend time in creating this ally and in the long run pays heavily for it. 

Same with the man. A man who understands a woman knows that if he respects her family and her role in that family he had won her heart. She will walk extra mile for him. Many young men falter here in not respecting their wife's family creating unnecessary fiction. 

These are simple things, our older generation knew. But over years it is this subtle qualities that are getting eroded leading to many divorces and unsatisfactory marriage lives.  

Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KrishnaSourav thumbnail
True Said Shruthi 
lovely post
indeed Today's generation forgetting it n more the elder generation forgetting to instilled it...
its becoming more of I not WE...
like Urmila said SiyaRam thinking same their synchronization 
as this is y SiyaRam ideal couple ..
A marriage not only for two individual along with their family ...n thora sa respect thora sa care n give bigger happiness... 

peachpie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Perfectly said! Todays generation should learn something from Sita's word. Its really important that marriage is between famalies not just two persons. The family moves along with everyone.
radianteyes. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Perfect perfect !!
Wonderfully written di
It couldnt be better expressed ,
What I love about siya ke ram is it bringing contemporary and historic topics together and I must definatelt applaud your observation .
tuna_star thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Great post again shruti di... But these days people don't think about elders before taking any decision... They see it as a part of maturity,as in "I m matured enough to take my own decision,why do elders need to interfere"... but I think maturity lies is understanding others, not to force our decisions on them neither follow others blindly...
Kavila thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Brilliant and beautiful shruti πŸ‘
πŸ‘πŸ‘
u know what i cant express my gratitude towards team SKR..

surly this is a revolution in the world..of...saas-bahu and Bogusss animal hanging shows..

I would like to ...request youth not just youth all the trp aunties who are so stuk with thier..defination of an indian show (No offence to anybody)...my pov to plzzz just for once only...have a glimpse of the show...i can bet..ur...soul will get an unknown happiness and peace...πŸ˜ƒ

if i start my skr puran then...πŸ˜†i can write a book on it but seriously...what i like the most the fusion of classical and contemporary...approach and the way of telling and potraying

itπŸ‘.in very divine...and beautiful way yet with simplicity...

I must say SKR is a new approach to see the life in different way hatss off to team

and shruti dont worry...for trp and entertainment..they Will surely add more drama ...what they did with kekayis obecting and todays mantharas...bribing...the meesenger cleverly and taking out all the secrets...but they ar potraying it such beautifully that it doesnt looking OTT from any angle hope they maintain this standard till the end...⭐️

and dont worry Ekta is not even...inch infront of SKR..i dont want...to iNsult skr yarr...

and dont worry CVS are not psyco like soaps queen...they have no option other than...not thinking of even...doing hanky panky from the original base...
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Shruti, awesome post. Today's episode was a much watch for today's generation. I would like to add about my family.  When I was born there were about 13 members in my family. In fact my Dad was looking after 2 families. It consisted of my Dadima and my Dad's siblings and my Dadaji's Brother and his family. Right now all the elders except my Dadima have expired. But,  the bond is still intact. When my Dad expired his cousins too felt the pain and their children were with me and my mom all through. And, nowadays parents don't instill their children about how to live in a joint family and how to respect their elders. And so the joint family concept is slowly eradicating.  At times when grand parents correct their grand children their parents don't like and so children don't come to know what is right and what is wrong. 
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: Wonderful post. The moment sita uttered these words I thought okay ur topic title is selected. Yes I agree (r u πŸ˜² ?), wait I mean due to our small family practice we miss our cherishable moments.
I remember an incident in my family which happened long time back. After the elder uncle marriage, he got slightly detached from family then all said my aunty changed my uncle. After my younger uncle marriage, he continued the relation with all in the same manner. Then all told he is a man who knows to handle the family.
My question is why cant they say my elder uncle is inefficient or my younger uncles wife (aunty) as a very good dil?
Relations can be retained as long as give and take policy is adopted from both ends.
fatssrilanka thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

@Shruthi: Wonderful post. The moment sita uttered these words I thought okay ur topic title is selected. Yes I agree (r u πŸ˜² ?), wait I mean due to our small family practice we miss our cherishable moments.

I remember an incident in my family which happened long time back. After the elder uncle marriage, he got slightly detached from family then all said my aunty changed my uncle. After my younger uncle marriage, he continued the relation with all in the same manner. Then all told he is a man who knows to handle the family.
My question is why cant they say my elder uncle is inefficient or my younger uncles wife (aunty) as a very good dil?
Relations can be retained as long as give and take policy is adopted from both ends.

Agree with you, totally.
Suganya.S thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ Shruthi : Commendable post again shruthi πŸ‘ I really liked yesterday's episode , and the way sita explained the relationship that was abt to get added with her marriage πŸ‘ Loving the way , we get to see episodes with such social message in it , that we can follow even in this era provided we hav the will & heart to follow it πŸ‘πŸΌ 
@ Ramya : ur post was great too πŸ˜³ I myself have listened to those types of words from my family , and they hav all the reasons to criticize the women married to their sons  Wat , i dont infer is y the blame always falls on a woman & not men ??  I know this is slight deviating from the content we discuss here , but this is apparent in current society and i still feel the anguish for this biased view abt women getting married to a family