Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
@Suganya: My pov is both men and women think that men cant balance their relationship. Its a kind of insecurity. I am not sure whether i am completely right.😕
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Krishna the main point is the society is so biased with individual views. Son is either mama's boy or Joru ka Ghulam depending on who among the MIL and DIL presses the accelerator hard. DIL is coming to take power, MIL at any cost wants to keep power. Kids are taught look she did that, look he behaved like it. So individual preference comes to the youngsters by elders action itself

@tuna the problem is youngsters don't know where to look for guidance. Because of mistakes of previous generations a lot of family values eroded. I mean trust in elders to take decisions vanished as because of rules and demanding obedience youngsters felt suppressed and went to other extreme.

@antika it will be difficult for TRP aunty to watch SKR. Reason they don't like strategy in a good bahu 😆😆. Good bahu cannot act, she can only react. She cannot have strategies to keep family together exposing the power mongers. Then the survival of TRP aunty itself is in question 😆😆

@Ramya and Fatema I will answer you guys together. Ramya first thing first. What is that astonished smiley for. Didn't get it. Now coming to joint family system. I was born in a joint family, as I grew I have seen it falling apart. Reasons where multiple. Power structure not proper. No accountability for wrong doings. Like you said if one man in the family was mama's boy, the other was Joru ka Ghulam. Then some doesn't respect any women. Mother or wife they were supposed to be used. Cribs and complaints. Only my youngest uncle out of 7 was there who could balance between his wife and his family and it was largely possible because of my youngest aunt also. But no one gives her credit, just tell she is lucky to have him as husband. But I would say he is equally lucky to have her as his wife.She is a very sweet lady and the one who gave me the finest advice before my marriage. Never step between your husband and his relations, but never allow any relation to come between you and your spouse. Stand with him as bahu, bhabi , chachi, mausi whatever. But as far as his family is concerned never take independent decisions without discussing with him. Allow him to guide you, step behind till you gain trust. Just like she found an ally in me her niece because she knew my uncle was more attached to me, she asked me to find such an ally and forge a beautiful bond. Her advice gave me the direction in my new home. In her silent resilience I had never expected such strength lay. More than my other boastful and cribbing ladies of my family. Yes I was her voice in her marital home when she came as a new bride. And she ensured the girl who was her ally, support in her marital family, the girl who grew up in front of her eyes should be given the wisdom to set up her family.
Lalitha.ks thumbnail
Great post!!
Very much needed in the present times
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Well my reply got vanished 😕 😆 shall type it again...😛
Shruthi first and foremost thank you for this much needed post...👏 I had thot of posting but you were the super fast express 😛

Sita's dialogue made my day... I was simply like " please teach our generation smthn". Urmila was symbolic of the youth and sita as her guide... It was so beautiful...⭐️

The lunch scene was again so deep!!! You rightly pointed it out shruthi... I see it in a different yet similar way..😛 

I don't know much but whatever I have seen in my immediate families and relations I have noticed one thing... Whenever a jamai comes to his in-laws with his family, the first due respect is given to the elders of his family, like serve them first, then the younger ones and at the end  their jamai... Its quite similar to the way a daughter in law is related in her in-laws house.. "Treated as a family member". So at the in-laws the jamai becomes the direct family member and his family as an indirect family... 

So here was the same... Laxman was served first and then ram.. As ram has become a direct family... Wen the other sisters get married off, they'll first serve ram and then the others as ram is the eldest of siblings... 

Its juz a token of love,respect and care that one shows to his/her spouse's family... 

Today's generation needs to get one thing clear, it is not needed to buy extravagant gifts to keep your relatives or in-laws happy... All that is needed a bit of care and attention... 

Prior to this I was concerned of the details of Ramayana but now I feel if we are getting such symbolic scenes am ready to ignore the distortions... 

As it is, the stories do change with tym, don't they? But morally they are very much needed... Am so glad the cv's did that one thing so remarkably... Its good to teach a lesson to the youth who are forgetting their ways... And nothing can be better than Ramayana as all age groups watch it.. How so ever distorted it might be, it has the viewership... Some watch to see what is unseen and others watch it to see how far they ruin it.. What so ever the motive is fullfilled 😛
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: I agreed something reg marriage issues with you w/o further arguments for first time, so that shocking smiley.
Nice to know abt ur god mother and her views.
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
absolutely, it was such a amazing sentence sita said , and her love for her devarji 😳😳🤗  and Ram too aww...😳😳
shruthiravi thumbnail
@daydreamers thanks for the appreciation and you have put forth another point beautifully. Yes Son in law is the immediate family and his family the extended one. And that is how relations used to happen in old days. I have my aunts and all who when they see a new person manage to say how we are related. And me beyond cousin or the immediate first indirect relation will stand 😕. Because that is our knowledge. We know about moon and stars, we know about US and UK, we know what happened in 1947  but doesn't know our neighbor hood or our roots.
When SKR started my only need was whether the heart of the show was in right place. Is it carrying the essence of Ramayana. As far as I am feeling the essence as a person who has read multiple literature on Indian mythology I will continue to watch it.
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

@Shruthi: Wonderful post. The moment sita uttered these words I thought okay ur topic title is selected. Yes I agree (r u 😲 ?), wait I mean due to our small family practice we miss our cherishable moments.

I remember an incident in my family which happened long time back. After the elder uncle marriage, he got slightly detached from family then all said my aunty changed my uncle. After my younger uncle marriage, he continued the relation with all in the same manner. Then all told he is a man who knows to handle the family.
My question is why cant they say my elder uncle is inefficient or my younger uncles wife (aunty) as a very good dil?
Relations can be retained as long as give and take policy is adopted from both ends.

Ramya, yet again it is the women in the family or in the society who make this statement about the son changed after his marriage and become a katputhli in his wife's hold. But irony is that there are some men who will be waiting to lead their life on their own will change so fast after marriage that they don't even care if their wife is blamed for that. Infact they will act as if they are stuck between the family and wife and will tell that they had to back the wife as she is new to the family and have no one but himself to support her. the real fact may be that the wife will be dying to mingle with the whole family and be part of it but husband will stop her doing that initially may be to have her for himself for a greater part of the time and slowly that will become habitual for the girl and she will live a secluded life even being in a joint family. There are instances where the son will take the extreme decision to stay away from the family and the person who bear the brunt will be the wife or DIL or SIL. No mother wants to think ill of her son as she feels proud of her upbrining and say her son can never go wrong only because of his wife and her enchanting ways have blinded him and that is the only reason he is neglecting his parents and family.
radianteyes. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@SHRUTHI DI

absolutely , these stories are shaped by perception and imagination and if we are able to get the contemporary thoughts mixed with what happened before , its definitely a treat .
history if spoken in hindi is itihas , that states iti as that is it happens like this .
shruthiravi thumbnail
@jaya what a perspective. Something I have never thought about 😃. Yes I know men who would prefer to put blame on the wife, don't take accountability and would want their image intact. But I didn't think this far that they will pretend to be " Joru ka Ghulam"😆

@charvi when our stories have family values in them, the values based on which our society is build, we need to know them right. See if a fictional character speaks it will be difficult to get the message across, but if a Ram or Sita speaks the message can reach much faster. The biggest advantage of Star MB was Krishna Seekh. The thought provoking questions Krishna raised which were so contemporary and that's why it is continues to be popular and is one of the most watched shows in hotstar and has a repeated airing in UK also.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago