Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
@ Shruthi, may be an yes to my personal experience on personal front as well as professional front. And about managing the people, before marriage, I was managing the external work like shopping and serving, entertaining etc. But when I got married, though I was the 2nd DIL, I had to take the reigns into my hands as my elder co sister was not well versed with the culinary tastes required by my family (sasural) and also she could not cook for more than 2 to 3 people however hard she tried. And also the fact was she was stating in Bangalore with her hubby while I was staying with my in laws and had the responsibility of the family as well as guests (invited and un invited ones). But my in laws were too sweet in my initial 2 months, they never complained even if I burnt a sabji or over cooked. They used to eat it with silence as if they relished it but later when it was my turn to eat, they used to suggest me not to eat certain items and the  reveal the truth. But my younger brother in law was my guru and also gene pig. But now I can cook single handedly for the whole family and my other sisters (co sisters) will help me with chopping vegetables, grinding masala etc. But my elder sis is good in decorating the pooja room and we will assign her that responsibility but even after 23 years of her marriage, she can't cook for the whole families taste nor she could serve as she was not trained to do so in her maika. But still we love her with her that quality and the way she defends that quality, even the kids will laugh saying "Veena doddamma". But never she takes that as an offense to her.
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: fatssrilanka

Shruti, I too had the same thing in my mind. How come Lakshman gets married to Urmila. Now I got the answer. This has to be Manthara's politics.

super description, same thoughts came to me tooπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€—
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail

Originally posted by: deejagi

Shruthi, I don't think Manthara may engineer plans to get Bharath married to Mandovi but she will fro sure convince Kaikeyi for Ram & Sita wedding by saying Sita has no royal background and hence it will help her to get Bharath installed on the throne (like people may question her rights to sit on the throne as queen). And about chronicalogy, Mandovi is elder to Urmila and Shruthkirthi and so it is on their birth order they will get married to the brothers. And about the other 3 pairs, I think Raja Janak might rise this request as he had been updated by his daughters (when they were kids) that they will get married to the same house so that they shall not part away from each other. Or that might be done by either shatanand or Mata Gargi or Yagnyavalk.
[/QUOT
BINGO..!! Brilliant , I agree with your point of view, πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘ about Mantharas reasoning😳

TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail

Originally posted by: daydreamers

Well my reply got vanished πŸ˜• πŸ˜† shall type it again...πŸ˜›

Shruthi first and foremost thank you for this much needed post...πŸ‘ I had thot of posting but you were the super fast express πŸ˜›

Sita's dialogue made my day... I was simply like " please teach our generation smthn". Urmila was symbolic of the youth and sita as her guide... It was so beautiful...⭐️

The lunch scene was again so deep!!! You rightly pointed it out shruthi... I see it in a different yet similar way..πŸ˜› 

I don't know much but whatever I have seen in my immediate families and relations I have noticed one thing... Whenever a jamai comes to his in-laws with his family, the first due respect is given to the elders of his family, like serve them first, then the younger ones and at the end  their jamai... Its quite similar to the way a daughter in law is related in her in-laws house.. "Treated as a family member". So at the in-laws the jamai becomes the direct family member and his family as an indirect family... 

So here was the same... Laxman was served first and then ram.. As ram has become a direct family... Wen the other sisters get married off, they'll first serve ram and then the others as ram is the eldest of siblings... 

Its juz a token of love,respect and care that one shows to his/her spouse's family... 

Today's generation needs to get one thing clear, it is not needed to buy extravagant gifts to keep your relatives or in-laws happy... All that is needed a bit of care and attention... 

Prior to this I was concerned of the details of Ramayana but now I feel if we are getting such symbolic scenes am ready to ignore the distortions... 

As it is, the stories do change with tym, don't they? But morally they are very much needed... Am so glad the cv's did that one thing so remarkably... Its good to teach a lesson to the youth who are forgetting their ways... And nothing can be better than Ramayana as all age groups watch it.. How so ever distorted it might be, it has the viewership... Some watch to see what is unseen and others watch it to see how far they ruin it.. What so ever the motive is fullfilled πŸ˜›

I am glad & happy you said that, which I have highlighted..πŸ€— loved everything you have pointed out πŸ‘
vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wonderful posts ! Guess, after reading through all the posts , I just seem so happy to find similar minds !
As mentioned by many, I am very very happy the way the cvs are making the prime characters speak !
Absolutely agree and want this to continue - the most needed lessons of life !
These days , it just pains a lot to hear or see the families breakup for many silly reasons . 
Words of advice without actually sounding too loud but very emphatic and sweetly expressed by our beloved characters is such a welcome factor of this show,!
Hats off to the team and wish they are able to keep this balance in the right way through the whole show . 
As pointed out by one of our memebers, krishna's seekh was a trump card in the earlier show and now these points being highlighted are something that we could takefor the present day youth.
Enjoyed the message that was shared by some members wrt their joint family experiences . I have also had  such wonderful experiences and continue to have them till date . 

As I had just recently started watching the show , I happened to join in to pen  my thoughts quite late !

Looking forward to more interesting points being highlighted in the coming episodes !

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@vipraja welcome to the forum and agree to you. There is so much pain around that too for silly reasons. Do post more and would like to interact with you more.
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@daydreamers thanks for the appreciation and you have put forth another point beautifully. Yes Son in law is the immediate family and his family the extended one. And that is how relations used to happen in old days. I have my aunts and all who when they see a new person manage to say how we are related. And me beyond cousin or the immediate first indirect relation will stand πŸ˜•. Because that is our knowledge. We know about moon and stars, we know about US and UK, we know what happened in 1947  but doesn't know our neighbor hood or our roots.

When SKR started my only need was whether the heart of the show was in right place. Is it carrying the essence of Ramayana. As far as I am feeling the essence as a person who has read multiple literature on Indian mythology I will continue to watch it.

You may call me janhavi, Jan, janu or DD πŸ˜ƒ

Its great to connect with everyone on this forum... Thank you for such open discussions πŸ˜³
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: TOTAL-ROMANTIC

I am glad & happy you said that, which I have highlighted..πŸ€— loved everything you have pointed out πŸ‘

Ohhh, thank you, thank you πŸ˜³
vipraja26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@vipraja welcome to the forum and agree to you. There is so much pain around that too for silly reasons. Do post more and would like to interact with you more.

q

Sure ! Shruti. Would be a pleasure on my part and thanks for the welcome!
Had been quite participative in an earlier forum of the show Parichay a couple of years ago(which was again a far more sensible show till a certain time !!) .
yavika thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Awesome post again Shruti !
Your posts complete the epis...they are RAJA JANAK of this Forum !!