Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Unhinged

if Saner Society means, village heads sanctioning gang rape of sisters (if you have read this news article) public flogging of boys who try to marry upper cast girls or honour killings stories that are too common. Anyway my argument is deviating from the original topic a bit.

new !!? I dont read news.. its a business today but ok...agreed indian society is primitive to an extent.. but i hope you have heard of honor killings in the US... too

all that you cited is outside the law..what happens in arab countries in dictated by law .now i hope you get whats saner.. feel lucky you are in india and have a voice... try talking liberal in arab countries... 
Unhinged thumbnail
That is part of my point. Cloths and the style of wearing them have changed over the centuries. This evolution of dress code is in direct response to Climate, Personal fashion sense, Work Convenience, social status and common sense. Then you have Religion and Society which hijacks all the above reasons and take you on a path which you don't have much choice.

Visualize all the ancient times in Indian culture what were they wearing. Why did we stop wearing dhotis and moved to pants. Probably not because western culture was forced on us, but probably because pants are more convenient in current times than dhotis. Does that make the shift in this preference a bad thing? I dont think so, it falls right into the common sense area. However when Religion and Society says No you cant wear the pants because this is not in the ethos of our culture then you have a serious liberty issues.

Should short shorts be banned for met too? Or our women swimming team and for that matter  other athletes start wearing long cloths too? does it make it practical? Why distinguish then when you are on track or on the road. But saying that it will be stupid to wear Lycra and go to work because it does not make it convenient.

For the direct statement: NO, who are we to tell what a women should wear? that choice should come from within that woman. If she feels the cloths she is wearing is apt for the climate, the task she is currently doing and if she is comfortable in it then she has a right to wear it. She should also bear the attention she would get purely because of her choice of cloths. Her Dress Does Not Mean She Is Asking For It.
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Unhinged

That is part of my point. Cloths and the style of wearing them have changed over the centuries. This evolution of dress code is in direct response to Climate, Personal fashion sense, Work Convenience, social status and common sense. Then you have Religion and Society which hijacks all the above reasons and take you on a path which you don't have much choice.

Visualize all the ancient times in Indian culture what were they wearing. Why did we stop wearing dhotis and moved to pants. Probably not because western culture was forced on us, but probably because pants are more convenient in current times than dhotis. Does that make the shift in this preference a bad thing? I dont think so, it falls right into the common sense area. However when Religion and Society says No you cant wear the pants because this is not in the ethos of our culture then you have a serious liberty issues.

Should short shorts be banned for met too? Or our women swimming team and for that matter  other athletes start wearing long cloths too? does it make it practical? Why distinguish then when you are on track or on the road. But saying that it will be stupid to wear Lycra and go to work because it does not make it convenient.

For the direct statement: NO, who are we to tell what a women should wear? that choice should come from within that woman. If she feels the cloths she is wearing is apt for the climate, the task she is currently doing and if she is comfortable in it then she has a right to wear it. She should also bear the attention she would get purely because of her choice of cloths. Her Dress Does Not Mean She Is Asking For It.

i dont think one should be kidding oneself about dressing having to do anything but impress and bait for opposite sex and thats a fact! yes agree that she may not be asking for it.. but that is never emphatically clear.. just with short dresses..
 its always like saying.. well i am wearing a low neck to show my cleavage and generosity of my bosom  but thats more out of weather requirements than for men to ogle at ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†