Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
"Appa walked out and gingerly opened the three "hot pack" dinner cases"

A landmark moment in the Annals of SoSy ... What... Appa you mean really... . Ok noted and locked away ... Chapter 'common love'.

Nisha, I was so in to this line. And burst out laughing as my imagination ran wild when I thought of this

Scene 1 camera action
Our Mr. Iyer tired, exhausted and hungry to even be enthused by the presence of his chella kozhandai , sitting in the sofa staring blank at the T.V

In walks Sam with note Important
Three hot pack cases of food and Lasya.

scene 2: Sam is exchanging pleasantries ...
Whats this sound ... Wait it is the rumbling sounds coming Mr. Iyers stomach... Buuulg,... Guulg, Grrg...

Scene 3:

Mr. Iyer is waging an internal battle... Within himself
Oh... The three cases look inviting ...
No I mustn't ... What will she think ...
But she is my daughter's naathanar... Surely I can exercise that liberty ...
Oh... But what about my pride... How can I.

It's okay... Samyukta's brother( note not his daughter's husband) is not here.

Ok this does it. As long as the dude is not there ...hello people I can be pleasing too...walks gingerly to open the three hot cases of food...

Sam manages not to faint ... And goes to get a plate for Mr. Iyer

And I am cracking myself here.

Enjoyed it thoroughly Nisha. Loved Lasya babbling too. Drama queen she is for sure
πŸ˜†
Errantnomad thumbnail
Got guests for dinner. Will catch you all a little later.

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

A controversial yet practical line of thought...bear with the perspective...not meant to hurt or offend anyone

Bidding a reluctant adieu

The mere thought of of the dude evokes a spring in her eyes

His thoughtful gestures are the salve comforting her

The pampering a girl gets in her mothers house to his girl missing her ceaselessly work panics him

The conversations between H&H increases his longing for her manifold

Sam's loving dispensing pf food and Lasya's ways reveal Appa's longing for a granddaughter

Amma relishes her daughter's antics, rebukes her insubordination and sinks into reverie of the golu Shravvu's texted pictures triggers a panic pertaining to Munirka in Vandhu

The gradually transforming scalp of  Baldie

The unaltered state of living asunder

The poignant slowing of Periappa's breath she is unwilling to face

Each distracting oneself with other thoughts and worries

Babies seeking care and attention an status report of the changing care equation of the family

Will  periappa find release? He is cared for with genuine love and concern never viewed a burden

Yet the attention  needs and financial constraints can test patience and endurance

Though the heart is reluctant to accept, unwilling to let go...though a void it will cause the baby arrived and to arrive will adequately fill their hearts and life

They will possess the hearts will Amma Appa  breathe freely?

putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hey Kalpana..Director😊
Sri Good Morning 😊
Liked the poem.

Hi Redgarnet ..
Good morning n evening people...Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
moonwearer thumbnail
Lovely analysis Kalpana...Pasi vandal pathum parandhu pogum illa?
Appa warming up to Sam  his pethi aasai his internal war with the usurper of his Kozhandhai's attention...The drama queen in the making...Does he know about the Merc i wonder.
Await your thoughts on the controversial view i have posted.

moonwearer thumbnail
Happy Vijayadasami to all...We commence learning new things on this day. In Karnataka elders give Banni Leaves as a sign of wishing good luck and prosperity. My best wishes to you all(assuming that most are younger than me)

Busy day today Vijayadasami Pooja in school will be flooded with Alumnus waiting for Namaskaaram Aasirvadham opportunity...My Husband's office Audha Pooja in the evening...dinner at friend's place...hope i can catch updates on phone if Putti or someone in the whats app group alert
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Sri wish you also Happy Vijayadasami...
I miss this Banni rituals here.
We will post you page number...
Enjoy your day 😊
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
SriV,  

Piriya Viday - A excellent POV wtih life experience.  True not many will be willing to agree including me 10 years ago ! But thats the truth of life - old generation pave way for new generation.  The last time is still a little too harsh for me.  But I understand they need their breathing room when they are close to retirement age. The lines tugged my heart. 

Erka manam maruthaalum vidaikoduthaal, verumai soozhndhalum vandha varum mazhalaigal

Aatkollvar manadhai Amma Appavirku oru sudhandhira swasam

Originally posted by: moonwearer

Not sure how many agree with this point of view...

Edited by jasminechick - 8 years ago
Kjolovesbabies thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
A faint moan from baldie now and then was the only indication of life and hope

I loved this line coz each one of us may have experienced this at some point of time in our lives, at times of distress when nothing seems to be okay or normal there is some Hope in some form lying in a corner we just need to find it and stick on to it, in order to get through the troubling times.

Here the baby is that ray of sunshine in the darkness Caused by the condition of the elderly, like the line goes "I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars". If we don't experience the worst we shall never appreciate the best or even acknowledge the need of happier times, maybe that would be too bland and life shall be left with no spice in it.