Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
@jakey I think she was Marathi or telegu. Coz she worked in telegu industry too.
I dnt know that 😲 Divya was also finalised as the female lead in the 1993 hit movie Darr but because of her problem with Aamir Khan (who was the first choice for Shah Rukh Khan's role in the film), the role went to Juhi Chawla. According to some sources, Divya was in the list of doing the next big project of Yash Raj Films which was Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge since Juhi had done Darr. Aditya Chopra had written the story of DDLJ keeping Divya in mind for the role of 'Simran', but unfortunately after her death the role went to Kajol.
--Ariana-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: gulabi22

@jakey I think she was Marathi or telegu. Coz she worked in telegu industry too.
I dnt know that 😲 Divya was also finalised as the female lead in the 1993 hit movie Darr but because of her problem with Aamir Khan (who was the first choice for Shah Rukh Khan's role in the film), the role went to Juhi Chawla. According to some sources, Divya was in the list of doing the next big project of Yash Raj Films which was Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge since Juhi had done Darr. Aditya Chopra had written the story of DDLJ keeping Divya in mind for the role of 'Simran', but unfortunately after her death the role went to Kajol.

Wow, I did not know that DDLJ was written keeping her in mind. She was so good in Dil Aashna hai. She would have been amazing in DDLJ as well.
I_M_SultaN thumbnail
saat samandur was such a rage back in 90s
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheJake

What a tragic loss.

My mom told me they all cried for her 😭 yup very young n tragic death like late nazia Hassan
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Ariana--

Wow, I did not know that DDLJ was written keeping her in mind. She was so good in Dil Aashna hai. She would have been amazing in DDLJ as well.

Yeah adi wrote ddlj by keeping her in mind . Even darr was offered her too but its all destiny.
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail

Originally posted by: I_M_SultaN

saat samandur was such a rage back in 90s

Yes the movie was average but the song clicked n it was rage.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
If she was alive, she be the biggest superstar of India. There was no one with that much charisma, hard work, and pazzaz. I swear, I shipped her and SRK so much. They both would have been such an iconic jodi.
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
https://bhavinpathak.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/divya-bharti/
pallavi25 thumbnail
Divya was so beautiful and vivacious! Loved her in all the movies she did! A good actress too, looked a bit like Sridevi but even prettier ...such a pity!  Dying so young...
She made a fabulous jodi with SRK in Deewana! Loved both of them since that movie.
Also loved her in Dil ka kya Kasoor (coincidentally her character in that movie died young too) and also in Rang, Dil Ashna hai. 

I saw her in person, she was shooting for a Tamil movie in Ooty Botanical Gardens while we were there, that was abt 5 months before she died. Saroj Khan was choreographing a song sequence of Divya and her Tamil hero (dont know who that actor was) ...she looked like a doll even from afar, in her usual flouncy skirted dress and curly hair. ❤️ 
They didnt let us get close, area was cordoned off but still managed to get a photo from afar. 
--Ariana-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: gulabi22

Yeah adi wrote ddlj by keeping her in mind . Even darr was offered her too but its all destiny.

That is so sad. She had a charisma about her. She did so much work in just 2 years and is still remembered by everyone