Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cmamona thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: -shenz-

<font size="2">Thank You! I just hope you find Manik's Point of view interesting enough! πŸ˜†</font>

I was sure dat very soon I will get to read an very interesting update of ur story
And look I m reading it
Thanks for d pm dear
I really love ur stories
When i was reading ur dis os then only I was abt to msg u dat plsss convert dis into ff bt I think my good luck charm has worked for me and I came to knw dat u hve already start to think on dis idea and I m so glad to read it
Thank you for writing it for us
For manan
Keep smiling
Stay blessedEdited by cmamona - 8 years ago
19dishayadav thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
It's always fun to read viewpoints of both the protagonists. It was a lovely update!
gauriangel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Oh u started a Ss on it..cool
loved manik s pov..

zohasad2.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
coz I love u for continuing this.

thanks for the pm BTW.

and I loved his pov. I wanna see them meet again
Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
It's nice to know Manik's PoV too
HappySoul-4va thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome..I loved Manik's POV..this brat is one hell of a man...will do and stick to his words...woww
so, he found her quite interesting and wanted to know more...waise that's what we want..we want them to know each other more and would love to see the two poles to be together..

i dnt knw how r u gng to unveil this but yah i am quiet curious...

Gal...do the updates ta the earliest ...

loved it and u r amazing πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
moonstonespirit thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is amazing!! Loved it. 
The 'thank me properly' made me nostalgic.
Do you send out pm? If so can you add me to your PM list?
Waiting for more collisions to happen πŸ˜‰
Deverap thumbnail
That was lovely
I just loved it
Please update soon
I'm waiting

Cooldude101 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
How on earth didn't I chance upon this? This is freaking gold in the middle of my Manan forum.

I had already had bathed with her mild fragrance and won't be getting it off my mind for good long time. It's imprinted on my mind. If only she knew. ~ definitely my favorite line.

I fell in love with your writing almost instantaneously. Please continue soon. My Manan feels are killing me!😳
ShenzK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I have been a little more busy these days, so the delay. But I didn't want you all to keep waiting so without replying back to your comments, I decided to post the chapter. Though you all need to know I have read it all, more than once and surely you guys make me smile, every time. 

I will soon reply back to all of it, once I get the time ;P

Won't take more of your time, and would rather let you read.

Chapter Two.

XXX
Nandini's POV

Knock.

I heard a slight tap somewhere which made me grab the pillow and pull it over my head, covering my ear. The sound dies within seconds. I sigh and my grip on the pillow loosens as I once again I drift back weaving beautiful dreams in my head. That's when I hear another tap.

Knock.

Who the hell is messing up with me early morning? 

After having a hectic night with messed up and uncalled events, I definitely do not want a messed up morning to welcome my day. Also once I was home, I had to deal with my growling stomach and the burning fury that Manik had ignited. 

Knock.

For once I thought it might be some bird or a squirrel scratching over the balcony door or my window. Lifting my eyelids I gazed over to the balcony door in the opposite direction where everything was still and silent. My eyes slowly crept over to the window that stood besides my bed which seemed untouched.

Knock. Knock.

It was now that I realized the taps weren't on my balcony door or my window but my bedroom door. I jumped clutching the comforter close to me as I know remember there wasn't anyone home but me. I was home alone.

Fear gripped me as I chewed my nails and looked around, my cell phone lay on the nightstand beside my bed. Numerous questions swirled into my head as I sat there ignoring the knock.

"Nandini." I heard a familiar voice and I felt fear draining out of my body. I sighed. I found the reason for my panic attack peering through the now crack-opened door of my room. Instantly I threw the pillow into the direction. "Serves you right, Eric." I narrowed my eyes at him and pounced on the bed once again. I was going to sleep.

The cute little pout that I received in response made me want to throw my arms around him but then I realized we still had things a little complicated. He pushed the door wide open and his palm still rested onto the knob.

"I don't think you can go back to sleep." His voice was hesitant and his eyes roamed everywhere but me. I shot up on the bed, bunching my legs together and holding the comforter closer to me. "We need to discuss something." He continued and all I could do was nod slightly at him.

"Meet me downstairs in 10 minutes." He pulled back, closing the door along but then he stopped. "Nandini, 10 minutes." His stern voice made my head snap at him. My eyes drilled at him. "If you want to eat something for breakfast, you better not me late." And I heard the door click as he closed it behind. My jaws dropped with disbelief. He just did not threaten me about food, did he?

I could hear his laugh with the doors shut, I threw the covers aside and rushed to get ready. 

Eric Miller - My half brother. I was currently staying at his place, sharing his space. It was almost a month back when I had decided to go ahead and pursue my further education away from the protective shelter of my grandparents. After short listing various institutions and schools, I finally zeroed at the one of the schools nearby. It was then that I received a phone call from Eric to assist me with my hunt and make sure that I enrol myself in a school best suited for me. It wasn't that we were unaware about each other's existence but we hardly got the time to get to know each other. Earlier to this we didn't make an effort either. It was this time that Eric's approach seemed to be the initiative for our relation, wherever it might go further.

He had made arrangements days prior to my arrival making sure that I got everything that I needed. I couldn't have been more thankful for having a brother as considerate as him. No matter what the world tagged us as, for me he is the elder brother I always wished for. 

Unfortunately, within a few days from when I had arrived, he had to move down town for some school project. This was one reason we didn't get the time to talk - basically to get to know each other and our lives. Though Eric had made sure that I was supplied for everything, right from the grocery to the things I didn't get to know what they were for, while he wasn't around. He made sure I wasn't out of supply, that everything was provided to me. He seemed to be the elder brother who takes care like a father. 

Now that he is back, we were to have some discussion about ourselves and also how this is going to work. It's a sure thing I cannot jump into his life and mess it up. We need to have some mutual decisions to make, a few things to discuss - like about his social life, his friends. We needed to know where we stood and how things would work. Apart from that I am staying at his place, his house - so I would be expected to follow some rules, behave in a certain manner and so on and so forth. And all of that was waiting to be discussed right downstairs.

My stomach knotted at the simple thought. I was going to face a new chapter in life. Eric Miller, my half brother.

Dragging myself downstairs I found the most adorable scene awaiting for me as Eric paced into the kitchen area looking at the ingredients he had just poured - rather dumped - into the pan. His scrunching nose and finger nails scratching his scalp, confirmed my suspicion about things being wrong.

"Need help?" I queried still trying to make sure I don't startle him with my sudden presence. Of course he isn't used to all of this sudden appearance of someone being the only person living in the house almost a major part of his life. His head snapped up and he gave me his boyish grin and nodded more than willingly.

"Save that for one of your girlfriends." I couldn't stop but voice out my thoughts as I went ahead to see what mess he had created.

"Save what for my girlfriend? And only so that you know I don't do girlfriends." I couldn't help but look wide-eyed at him as he passed the information more casually than I would have ever expected. He would have seen my abrupt change in behavior as he added, "But that's a discussion for another time."

"But-" I was cut even before I could start. Great!

"Can we not discuss this topic please?" He shifted uncomfortably and roasted the already over-burnt eggs. I slapped his hand that held the spatula, "It's burnt, leave it." I snarled.

"Would cereals do?" I asked grabbing the container for myself. 

"Yeah!" His eyes were in love with the floor because he didn't dare to even look at me once. I passed him a bowl and took mine as I settled onto the stool. 

"What's the problem? I thought we were to have some talk." I couldn't bear the silence. It was just thickening the tension around.

"That's correct." He nodded still engrossed in his bowl. He was a serene view to watch. 

"So what is topic of discussion?" I thought he was going to list out a few rules if not hand me a bunch of papers with those enlisted rules but rather he looked at me and answered the most unexpected reply.

"I know that we haven't been in contact and suddenly getting into a family environment might startle you but I want you to understand that we are one." He kept his bowl and his eyes held mine. He held out his hand grabbing the bowl out of my hands and placing it down on the counter. 

With my hands in his he began, "Nandini," he sighed as though struggling to utter the words, "I have always wanted a sister, one whom I could pamper endlessly and knowing I have one just makes me want to do all the things an elder brother should. I want you to loosen up. I want us to get to understand each other, make up for all those years that are lost and be a happy siblings. What say?" He was so hopeful yet I knew I had my own doubts. Yes, he was everything I could have asked for as a brother but we also had a complicated relationship tag that no matter what we would have to face.

"But we-" I searched for any hint of hesitance in his eyes but he sat there in confidence. "How much ever I wish I was your sister the fact remains I am your half-sister." I had my eyes trailed onto the floor when I reasoned. 

"It's only in your head." His glare couldn't be missed. "Nandini, I am your brother and you are my sister. I don't care what we are tagged as. Neither of us are at fault that we were brought into this world by different mothers. For all I know is you are my sister and I will treat you like one." His tone was dead serious. I wondered if he would ever let that straining seriousness go playing the protective-elder-brother's role.

Only when I thought I could freely express my views in his presence - since he approves the siblings relation between us - he proves me wrong, dismissing my words even before I could utter them. His palm was raised, signalling me to stop and he declared rather rudely, "No further discussion on this topic."

Define the heights of rudeness and impolite behavior.

He again dug himself into not-so-appealing breakfast and busied himself, "Though we need to get some talking done." I thought, you weren't going to hear me out ever, dear brother. 

I made sure I didn't respond to him, how much ever I wanted to retort back a sarcastic comment right back into his face. Were all the males of this city so dominating and dictating?

A curious glance was slipped my way when I hadn't replied for long. Folding my arms across my chest I glared at him in response. No one dictates me, not even my own brother.

"Don't give me that look." He complained which annoyed me further. "I would rather let you speak your heart than have those glares directed at me." His hands flew in surrender. 

"Never knew I would be allowed to speak by my dictating elder brother that too only with glaring eyes." I had purposely screeched on the word 'dictating' because that's how he is behaving right now. 

"I just never had girls glare in my direction, it was rather the other way round. So you can say, I am not used to it." He shrugged.

"Eww! Can you please not discuss your fan-girls and compare their behavior with mine?" It was rather more disgusting to think my brother would mention that set of girl population with me in the same sentence, not to forget the comparison he makes.

"Sorry, little one." Rummaging through my hairs, he pushed my bowl further to me, eyeing me to finish my breakfast. "We both still need to get used to this new relation."

"And need to set down some grounds." I murmured, finishing it for him. 

"Well, we just need to get to know each other." He discarded his bowl into the sink and returned back to his seat.

"That's all?" I looked puzzled at him. Is that all we need to do to make this sibling thing work. I couldn't miss the heartily chuckle that left his mouth. 

"That's all, little one." He repeated my words, addressing me with a special name. It just felt so special and family-like. He behaved like a caring father and a protective brother, loving though.

"And how do we do that?" I questioned not sure how much would I be able to open up and how comfortable would he be with me asking all the questions - personal questions.

"Just like you did it now." He pointed puzzling me further. What was with men and their behavior to puzzle the girl in front of them? "Question without hesitation." He added.

"What if it makes the other uncomfortable?" I couldn't help but ask. We hadn't known each other in person, for more than forty-eight hours apart from the days he had been out of town.

"You can pass, without any further questioning." It seemed he was mentioning my discomfort for answering personal questions. "As far as I am concerned, I am open to all your questions." He widens his arms gesturing his comfort. 

"Me too." I managed to speak crossing the kitchen area to place my bowl into the sink as well. 

"So shoot." With his brief approval, I fired him with tons of question and he towered me with more. I couldn't believe I was freely questioning him and answering it more casually as well. 

We had been talking for hours now that the clock indicated it was almost time for late-lunch. "I think we should take a break and have something to satisfy our growling stomachs." I pointed accusingly at my brother's stomach. 

"Can't really help it now, can we?" He grinned sheepishly. It was a habit that appeared when he wanted to make an innocent excuse to get away with embarrassment. "I hope there's enough supply." He queried, a bit seriously. 

"You had taken care of things even when you weren't around. There's plenty to last for a couple of days more." I informed.

"Then I must thank my friend." He was smiling rather more cheekily with a distant look.

"Appreciate the efforts on my behalf as well." I opened the refrigerator door to grab something for a quick meal. 

"Oh! Why don't you do that by yourself?" To say I was taken aback would be an understatement.

"Eric," I inhaled heavily, how was I to explain things to his thick-head? "I think I need more time." Taking the easier escape I avoided what ruled my mind. 

"I understand, little one." He tried to assure me but I was far from being assured. It's all still so new to me.

"Right now we are having lunch until and unless you don't want me starving." His tone described that the words were rather declaration that there was no further discussion about this topic.

"Just remember one thing, next time when you want to hug your brother just like you wanted to this morning, you need not hesitate." He added much to my surprise. All I could do was launch myself into his arms and feel the comfort of a protective brother. I didn't know he would have recognized my urge to launch myself onto him when he had first appeared into my room this morning but now I do. I was blessed with the best brother I could have ever asked for. 

The next morning, we worked together around the kitchen. We were tired of stupid questions about general get to know stuff when Eric launched an unexpected question in my direction while we sat on the couch swapping across the channels, "Hey, there was a party Friday night. Did you attend it?"

Of course he knew, I did. There was no point in lying. "Yeah!" I casually shrugged, silently praying that he wouldn't interrogate any further about this topic. But when did Eric Miller do the expected? Never.

"Wasn't it a couple entry thing?" His eyes narrowed. Please welcome the protective brother, Eric! I just nodded in response. 

"Who was your's?" His tone was calm and composed but his eyes blazed with a hint of curiosity in them. 

"Someone you might not know." I waved a hand dismissively at him not wanting to entertain this stupid conversation. One thing that I have learnt well in these past conversations was that my brother could get hell protective and break bones of anyone and everyone if he even gets the hint of what really happened last night. Manhandled by Leo, strolling with Manik and the kiss. I am not sure how would he react to all of this.

"I might just find out if you give me the name." Flashing his white teeth at me, he grinned. Surely, he had the sources to find out who was Leo. 

And even Manik, a voice screamed in my head.

"No." I screamed, "I don't wish to see him again." Neither of them, please. 

"Why not?" Raising an eyebrow at me, he glanced suspiciously at me. "I thought you might have had a good time." The party, not really. I still loathe of having decided to end up there, with Leo. 

"Did he drop you home?" I gulped, who - Leo or Manik?

I shook my head in negation finding it difficult to respond, pushing Manik at the back of my head. Eric need not know about a stranger dropping me home. And the rest of it.

"That explains why you don't wish to see him again." He pointedly answered. "Jerk!" He labelled Leo and all I wanted to do was laugh. Yes, surely Leo was one. "What kind of a guy leaves his date on her own and not drop her home safely?" His eyes held fury yet disbelief. But what caught my attention was the 'dropping home safely' part. The truth being, I was dropped home safely. The fact itself made me smile, for an unknown reason.

"Why are you smiling?" I hadn't noticed Eric glancing at me again. Neither I knew my smile was evident enough. Damn! "Who dropped you home? By what time were you home?" he threw questions on me as though I was a criminal to be interrogated for some crime.

"I didn't feel like staying there at the party. So I walked home, early." I handed him a piece of information which wasn't completely true but partially, it was. 

"On a serious note, it's better the jerk didn't drop you home. God knows what he would have tried here in my absence?" I gulped the lump of saliva down my throat. Some other Millionaire Jerk did drop me home, safely in his words and also tried something

"Nothing, I am strong enough to deal with such jerks, big brother." I winked at him, not wanting him to read my otherwise expressive face.

He rolled his head back and laughed, "He would have invited trouble if he made a wrong move at you, little one." His eyes landed on mine and reflected sincerity. I adored him for such a gesture. We hadn't known each other for long but now we were establishing foundation, rather a strong one for ourselves. I was glad that I decided I would join him, here.

The instant I knew, I wouldn't slip past the stupid stunt that Leo pulled up that night, for I didn't want Eric to get into fights. 

"Eric, you haven't told me anything about your friends." I seriously hadn't got to know anything about them.

"You would get to meet them in person soon." He would have picked up on my uneasiness as he further stated, "You would love them." They had to be for having been friends with Eric Miller. "I have been friends with them for years." A smile curled on his lips and his eyes seemed distant, adoring all his friends.

"Now tell me about your friends. I know about the ones from your previous school and home town but I want to know whom all have you been friends with, in this school." He seemed intrigued yet at the same time watchful. 

"You are being a poky brother." I playfully slapped his arm. "I have hardly been able to make friends, except for Shelly." That reminds me I have to catch upon her as I have got some explaining to do after I pulled up the sudden disappearing stunt at the party. Not that she would have noticed but still. I made a mental note to ring her sometime. For now I was too engrossed with gelling along with my brother at home to bother myself to make a call.

"I don't remember any such girl, neither do I think I have heard of her." He shrugged. I am not making up names, if that's what you are thinking, Eric Miller. I wanted to scold him but thought of doing otherwise.

"Next time you would say that you don't remember Nandini Miller either." I didn't bother to tame down my annoyance that reflected clearly in my tone, neither would I drop the sarcasm.

"Such a time would never come, little one." He pulled me into a hug and laughed at me. 

It was Monday morning and as usual I hated the idea of getting out of my bed. But I had school to attend. I somehow dragged myself out of the bed and got ready for school. I still wanted to stay home and continue my chats with Eric, we had got better from at least strangers, to merely acknowledging each other's existence we now actually knew each other a lot more, in real sense.

I reached downstairs only to find Eric in the kitchen area preparing the breakfast. "I hope I am not supposed to have burnt breakfast." I teased him making my way into the kitchen.

"Morning to you too, little one." He passed me a cup of coffee which smelled really good. "Nothing is burning and we have proper breakfast this morning." He pointed at the pancakes and some eggs.

"Sounds good." I replied appreciatively. 

"Can you manage the rest by the time I get ready for school?" He eyed at the remaining batter for the pancakes as he asked. I simply nodded at him in response.

He was going through his cell phone for a while before he disappeared. I eyed Eric, wasn't he in a rush?

A few minutes later I heard the door bell. Not sure if Eric would be out by now, I hesitantly approached the door. I wasn't used to welcoming guest as yet. 

I swung the door open and froze instantly when my eyes landed onto the uninvited guest who stood at my door step this morning. 

Goodness! This shouldn't be happening. 

I would really appreciate if you people could give in your in puts to this. I really want this story to be doing good and for that I need you all to be telling me if there's anything that feels off beat to you or anything that you would suggest for the story to have more impact and a good read for you all.

That's all for now.

Do not forget to leave your comments out there because I really love your involvement and your inputs and feedback. So keep them coming, it motivates me to go on writing.

Edited by -shenz- - 8 years ago