Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Putti...you off today?...from work!
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Prat
He loves his family, he adores Vandu, hes not a crook, hes not a gambler he doesnt cheat on her, he doesnt have a roving eye, he is a committed sincere man, that struggles to make ends meet.
He cares for the Iyers (I know many will jump on me and say whats the big deal, Vandu cares for his parents etc) There are many Balas that make their wives care for their parents and NOT AT ALL appreciate their wife's parents visiting them even for a week.

He doesnt ask Vandu to "go get money from your parents, your mother is earning too, I want trade in stocks" (there are many Balas that do that if mother in law is working)

There are many Balas that got their wife's tubes tied after the first one, because they cannot afford a second one

Bala is not like that at all

He loves II
He admits to Vandu occasionally he is helpless in the case of his parents

He has to have some failings no?

Go ahead and hate him for what he fails at
NSB7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Seriousreader

As the layers come off Bala's character...I seem to like him less and less..

What is he evolving into...

simple SR
The story is about II and dude right...we see things in their perspective and get naturally attached to them
If it was bala's story we would hear his version 

This is the same bala who supported II in the marriage with dude and went against his FIL
Same bala who spent the last penny on ice cream for his pregnant wife 
Same bala who takes care of tiny things like turning a fan on for his sweaty wife and son
Sane bala who when realises his mistake shows no ego in saying sorry to a girl almost half his age (II)
Same bala who takes care of his parents in their old age and desnt so it for the sake of it

A man has his flaws and the world wants flaless everything
Skin see lekar friend tak sab kutch 

We easily notice somebody's flaws but forget to appreciate thier good nature 
Becasue that way we can't hate them...of we don't dislike bala how will we side II with full power?
And we want II to win always don't we?

Hey asma...its a brilliant gesture by u
Envee and preeti... Koi gal nahi...:)

Seriousreader thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Prat
He loves his family, he adores Vandu, hes not a crook, hes not a gambler he doesnt cheat on her, he doesnt have a roving eye, he is a committed sincere man, that struggles to make ends meet.
He cares for the Iyers (I know many will jump on me and say whats the big deal, Vandu cares for his parents etc) There are many Balas that make their wives care for their parents and NOT AT ALL appreciate their wife's parents visiting them even for a week.

He doesnt ask Vandu to "go get money from your parents, your mother is earning too, I want trade in stocks" (there are many Balas that do that if mother in law is working)

There are many Balas that got their wife's tubes tied after the first one, because they cannot afford a second one

Bala is not like that at all

He loves II
He admits to Vandu occasionally he is helpless in the case of his parents

He has to have some failings no?

Go ahead and hate him for what he fails at

Insecurities, envy...etc...lend a not-so-palatable side to any character, be it in real life or otherwise😕
All the good aspects tend to recede to the background, and only the flaws get highlighted in the mind's eye
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kalviswes

Nisha-thanks for the awesome updates!!!  You paint such beautiful scenes with your words...I am speechless most of the time.  As my family will tell you that is a very hard task to make me speechless!!!  ðŸ˜†

Gosh-SoSy is taking such interesting twists.  I can totally relate to the situation with II and Ranjan.  With my first sister--my b-i-l's family is very similar to Bala and Appa's situation...very rosham etc.  They were very upset with anything and everything that was given and they still are.  My second sister's family is much more easy going-partly bec they are also comfortably off.  Unfortunately the problem with the second is that giving to the grand kids often becomes a competition ---not sure why??😕  

Kala

I know of many families where the sisters get jealous of each other for what the parents gift each of them, at seemandham, prasavam and baby's Bday, many even fight over what their parents have left for them

after they pass on...

I know of many families where the brothers' wives and daughters(SILs) fight over who got what

Many Iyer families love their daughters more, many love their DILs, its a constant vishwa yudh only. Its very shocking to me how can siblings that grew up in the same house and shared the same room, same salwar kameez and kolhapuris, and earrings fight like dogs after marriage and kids

But its very very common

Seriousreader thumbnail

Originally posted by: NSB7

simple SR

The story is about II and dude right...we see things in their perspective and get naturally attached to them
If it was bala's story we would hear his version 

This is the same bala who supported II in the marriage with dude and went against his FIL
Same bala who spent the last penny on ice cream for his pregnant wife 
Same bala who takes care of tiny things like turning a fan on for his sweaty wife and son
Sane bala who when realises his mistake shows no ego in saying sorry to a girl almost half his age (II)
Same bala who takes care of his parents in their old age and desnt so it for the sake of it

A man has his flaws and the world wants flaless everything
Skin see lekar friend tak sab kutch 

We easily notice somebody's flaws but forget to appreciate thier good nature 
Becasue that way we can't hate them...of we don't dislike bala how will we side II with full power?
And we want II to win always don't we?

Hey asma...its a brilliant gesture by u
Envee and preeti... Koi gal nahi...:)

Our thoughts crossed each other ðŸ˜Š
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ASMA, PANDA
HELLO🤗
Been thinking of you girls. Good you both turned up before I bombarded you with PMs.😆
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Kala

I know of many families where the sisters get jealous of each other for what the parents gift each of them, at seemandham, prasavam and baby's Bday, many even fight over what their parents have left for them

after they pass on...

I know of many families where the brothers' wives and daughters(SILs) fight over who got what

Many Iyer families love their daughters more, many love their DILs, its a constant vishwa yudh only. Its very shocking to me how can siblings that grew up in the same house and shared the same room, same salwar kameez and kolhapuris, and earrings fight like dogs after marriage and kids

But its very very common

Common??? Seriously??
Seems like I've been living in a different world or a bubble.
Very honestly, I've seen siblings moving away from joint families to have their own space after marriage, which I think is very logical. 
But getting at each other over such petty things? Beyond my understanding.
I can never think of not sharing something with my brother.
And my sister's been married for a good 12 years now. 
Our equation hasn't changed one bit and BIL is a simple man.
Maybe I'm supposed to become the vamp after getting married😆
kalavathi5 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I totally agree Nisha.  It is shocking to me too to see siblings who get along so well suddenly turn around and be jealous of each other after marriage and kids.  It happened even with my mother's family, whose siblings are really nice, easy going people normally.  My aunt is going thru a bad patch (I am sorry to say it was of her husband's making) and took it out on all her siblings but mostly my mom because my mother (after years of straightened circumstances and penny pinching) was comfortably off.  I got really upset and told off my aunt...  Not a pleasant time for anyone.  And of course, my aunt thought I was getting too big for my britches!!!  Families are weird creatures--I keep telling my sister (who believes only we are so crazy) that everyone's family is crazy-we just don't see it unless it is up close and personal!!!😆
Seriousreader thumbnail
Nisha...hoping for the new thread starting with an update soon😳