Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
It could have gone two ways

A person in Bala's situation will either say "I have too much self respect this rishtedaari is becoming too uncomfortable for me, I want them to do according to my "capacity" I want them to do things EXACTLY the same way, for example if I give Rs.501 to Lasya let it be Rs.501 for Baldie also

OR

90% of the men in Bala's situation will be like "Niiice your sister married a wealthy dude???, hmmm... let me see HOW ALL "I"  can benefit from it, how about a new dining table for my house? How about a nice Maruti?  How about  "gifting us a overseas vacation" How about you ask your sister if we can go live in her husband's apartment in Paris?"  "How about I pull him into a "Shell company" for stock broking, ask him to invest "some" which is 5 or 10 crores, I will invest 1 lakh, and then eventually "prove" to him that I lost it all in the share market

Its impossible not to feel envy, some turn their envy into greed and start grabbing... but a small percentage turn their envy into rosham as they say in Tamil and want NOTHING to do with the wealthy co brother in law, they slowly poison their wife, the sister to do the same also

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
Errantnomad thumbnail
The wealth gap does tend to flare up around particular situations such as this when u look at the enormity of the bhalla wealth, this is more like an economic gulf between the siblings and the families are getting sucked into it. It's gutting to read that II is uncomfortable to an extent that she tried to avoid Bala. But sibling relationship between vandu and II is so strong, they will address this right. II and vandu both are squirming, with one having to explain to the other that she or her FIL never intended to show off their Wealth and the other having to defend her husband.

Edited by Errantnomad - 8 years ago
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It's sad that money, wealth becomes such an important part of relationships and more so in this particular issue. But it is a reality. I think Ranjan goes overboard because use  apni khushi dikhaye ka Mauka nahi milta. He doesn't do it to show off, and yes if saavy was around she would have advised him...women are better at this sort of thing. The iyers will have to understand this, Lekin aisa hoga nahi naa...BALA and II situation is getting out of hand especially because Balas own insecurities are clouding his thinking part of the bran, he's not a bad guy, he'll het it soon and I guess Bhallas too have to be perceptive about this and only so much and no more. 
Ooohhh Nisha I am waiting for the day when she decides to pay him back for the Paris  shopping and the money she borrowed for singing class...dude ka reaction kya hoga...
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Noufiya - Great observation
Nam -I refuse to believe you are 23. Look at the maturity you talk with. Omg only!! What you said is right. Generosity is taken as pride and arrogance. In case of II and Ranjan here 
Edited by Ashu25 - 8 years ago
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
If the Bhallas had been maha kanjoos like MOST rich people are then the Iyers' task would have been easy, they could have cursed the Bhallas on a daily basis "Poor II kya kismat paayi hai" "Poor II she cannot take a day off even for her new nephew" "Poor II her in laws take all her money" "How cheap!! II's in laws only gave the baby Rs.501?"

This is 500% true..
As you say Nisha everything is big in Bhallas house..They don't have place for SMALL in their dictionary..

Ranjan is doing so much for DIL's sister kid...I can't imagine what he will do for his first Bhalla heir..

Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
putti...2500!!!
dazzler!!!
Errantnomad thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">It could have gone two ways

A person in Bala's situation will either say "I have too much self respect this rishtedaari is becoming too uncomfortable for me, I want them to do according to my "capacity" I want them to do things EXACTLY the same way, for example if I give Rs.501 to Lasya let it be Rs.501 for Baldie also

OR

90% of the men in Bala's situation will be like "Niiice your sister married a wealthy dude???, hmmm... let me see HOW ALL "I" can benefit from it, how about a new dining table for my house? How about a nice Maruti? How about "gifting us a overseas vacation" How about you ask your sister if we can go live in her husband's apartment in Paris?" "How about I pull him into a "Shell company" for stock broking, ask him to invest "some" which is 5 or 10 crores, I will invest 1 lakh, and then eventually "prove" to him that I lost it all in the share market

Its impossible not to feel envy, some turn their envy into greed and start grabbing... but a small percentage turn their envy into rosham as they say in Tamil and want NOTHING to do with the wealthy co brother in law, they slowly poison their wife, the sister to do the same also</font>

This is fantastic, bang on. Nail on the head.
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: putti77

If the Bhallas had been maha kanjoos like MOST rich people are then the Iyers' task would have been easy, they could have cursed the Bhallas on a daily basis "Poor II kya kismat paayi hai" "Poor II she cannot take a day off even for her new nephew" "Poor II her in laws take all her money" "How cheap!! II's in laws only gave the baby Rs.501?"

This is 500% true..
As you say Nisha everything is big in Bhallas house..They don't have place for SMALL in their dictionary..

Ranjan is doing so much for DIL's sister kid...I can't imagine what he will do for his first Bhalla heir..

I am imagining!!
thanks re to remind this gud one...
i was feeling bad for II n ranjan...
so this one is a gud way out!!!
when will b the grant entry???
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nisha.. Phir se googly! 
I cannot agree more. 
Bala is stuck with both the situations. The envy part and rosham part. He did grab a little no? The whole rennovation ka money,  her car... Hota hai. 
Its okay. 
No one is all righteous. We all have flaws. But I feel strongly we must never poison ourselves with exxtreme positivity or extreme negativity. 
Fortunately the characters in this tale are a judicious mix of both. 
That makes it an interesting read. 
Edited by Ashu25 - 8 years ago
Errantnomad thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashu25

Nisha.. Phir se googly!

I cannot agree more.
Bala is stuck with both the situations. The envy part and rosham part. He did grab a little no? The whole rennovation ka money, her car... Hota hai.
Its okay.
No one is all righteous. We all have flaws. But I feel strongly we must never poison ourselves with exxtreme positivity or extreme negativity.
Fortunately the characters in this tale are a judicious mix of both.
That makes it an interesting read.

Guys, when Bala tried to return it thru a check to the dude , and the dude did not want any part in it... Did II take it?