Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">It could have gone two ways

A person in Bala's situation will either say "I have too much self respect this rishtedaari is becoming too uncomfortable for me, I want them to do according to my "capacity" I want them to do things EXACTLY the same way, for example if I give Rs.501 to Lasya let it be Rs.501 for Baldie also

OR

90% of the men in Bala's situation will be like "Niiice your sister married a wealthy dude???, hmmm... let me see HOW ALL "I" can benefit from it, how about a new dining table for my house? How about a nice Maruti? How about "gifting us a overseas vacation" How about you ask your sister if we can go live in her husband's apartment in Paris?" "How about I pull him into a "Shell company" for stock broking, ask him to invest "some" which is 5 or 10 crores, I will invest 1 lakh, and then eventually "prove" to him that I lost it all in the share market

Its impossible not to feel envy, some turn their envy into greed and start grabbing... but a small percentage turn their envy into rosham as they say in Tamil and want NOTHING to do with the wealthy co brother in law, they slowly poison their wife, the sister to do the same also</font>

So live and let live policy is not available??? 😭
II RnB love brought everything close!ab yeh money demon 😭
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Guys, when Bala tried to return it thru a check to the dude , and the dude did not want any part in it... Did II take it?

No
I think they fought over it
And
Ermmm

You know

🤣
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: taramira

It's sad that money, wealth becomes such an important part of relationships and more so in this particular issue. But it is a reality. I think Ranjan goes overboard because use  apni khushi dikhaye ka Mauka nahi milta. He doesn't do it to show off, and yes if saavy was around she would have advised him...women are better at this sort of thing. The iyers will have to understand this, Lekin aisa hoga nahi naa...BALA and II situation is getting out of hand especially because Balas own insecurities are clouding his thinking part of the bran, he's not a bad guy, he'll het it soon and I guess Bhallas too have to be perceptive about this and only so much and no more. 

Ooohhh Nisha I am waiting for the day when she decides to pay him back for the Paris  shopping and the money she borrowed for singing class...dude ka reaction kya hoga...

Ranjan speaking  of  if Savvy was around she would decide what to do give is a reflection of what is going on in his mind...he is perceptive but unaware of the values of the iyers and what matters to them...to him what matters is II is the reason for his family's new found happiness and he wants to share it. By making II think of the Baldy and how the dude will look after the baby at night and he'd quit and care during the day he is making her reconsider her decision of baby not now...It is not a Bhalla baby that she heard from Bala  has now acquired a new significance:) Hope Maanvi Returns soon...it will be a lovely development...
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ashu25

Nisha.. Phir se googly! 

I cannot agree more. 
Bala is stuck with both the situations. The envy part and rosham part. He did grab a little no? The whole rennovation ka money,  her car... Hota hai. 
Its okay. 
No one is all righteous. We all have flaws. But I feel strongly we must never poison ourselves with exxtreme positivity or extreme negativity. 
Fortunately the characters in this tale are a judicious mix of both. 
That makes it an interesting read. 

He cannot cut off II and R&B completely no? He knows HOW MUCH Vandu loves II, they live 5 kms from each other and from D II, Vandu is a working woman that also takes care of his parents who his worthless brother is unwilling to do

Its very complicated, like you say nobody is sachai ki moorat in real life, nobody is a Hitler or Osama. It only works like that in fiction, at least based on the life I have experienced around me

If he tells Vandu "I dont want anything that belongs to your sister" she is going to throw his parents out first

Bala is a shrewd man... he wont take that much risk. He will only push it a lil bit. About the car... we will hear soon

Errantnomad thumbnail
Vandu and Bala will soon hv a confrontation about it, I feel. They are both going to blow their lids off.
Ambala Anna matter will also raise up. Bala will hit on his wife's sister's family wealth and vandu is going to punch him bk
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Yes Namratha we are all guilty of going over board, all guilty of saying the wrong things at the wrong time, doing the wrong things at the wrong time. Everyone does it some do it more than the others.

Ranjan feels a sense of "belonging" to the Iyers you know, he knows they are genuine, REAL people he has met many fake ones along the way, that do things looking at the end reward, he knows Vandu and Bala are good people. His expression of joy was "poori dukan khareed daloonga"

He feels delighted his daughter in law's family is blessed with a normal healthy child.

Appa must have reacted already to Ranjan's gifts Appa is not home now, when he gets home II will hear from him. Bala is struggling not to "lose it" He is close. He wants to be nice to II and feel the warmth but he is reminded of how wealthy she is

If the Bhallas had been maha kanjoos like MOST rich people are then the Iyers' task would have been easy, they could have cursed the Bhallas on a daily basis "Poor II kya kismat paayi hai" "Poor II she cannot take a day off even for her new nephew"  "Poor II her in laws take all her money"  "How cheap!! II's in laws only gave the baby Rs.501?"
That would have been it

Nope! They are genuinely good people.
They have a million unresolved issues within their family but they do not show any negativity or cynicism towards II or the Iyers.

Iyers are good people too, but the enormity of Bhalla wealth is inescapable

Nisha i agree entirely with what you say...i have seen this from from very close quarters and heard directly what it does to folks  so am able to relate totally to the situation...My worry is it should not be directed at II as she is helpless and hurting already and has not spoken to anybody about it...her realisation is making her hurt further...I have heard people tell kids with pain...i am not rich i married into a rich family...i have seen how the super dooper rich Iyer family treated relatives without means so my admiration for Bhallas is greater:) I so love each character you breathe such life into...Tussi GREAT HO Nisha
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Vandu and Bala will soon hv a confrontation about it, I feel. They are both going to blow their lids off.
Ambala Anna matter will also raise up. Bala will hit on his wife's sister's family wealth and vandu is going to punch him bk

True! Will happen

Enga chellado anga namba pesa maatom, enga chellumo anga daan vai kizhiyum. Anga daan vaal aatuvom We wont say much jahan hamari chalti nahi, jahan chalti jahan roub hai wahin karenge na bakwas? Bala is the same way. EVEN II too

She will mess with R&B only. She wont mess with Bala, two hurts in a row, and she is running off to hide in her burrow, she cant take the heat now.

Appa will also mess with Ranjan only, he wont mess with Bala's Dad, and tell him "Why cant u go live with Ambala Anna my daughter needs her freedom too

Ashu25 thumbnail

He cannot cut off II and R&B completely no? He knows HOW MUCH Vandu loves II, they live 5 kms from each other and from D II, Vandu is a working woman that also takes care of his parents who his worthless brother is unwilling to do

Its very complicated, like you say nobody is sachai ki moorat in real life, nobody is a Hitler or Osama. It only works like that in fiction, at least based on the life I have experienced around me

If he tells Vandu "I dont want anything that belongs to your sister" she is going to throw his parents out first

Bala is a shrewd man... he wont take that much risk. He will only push it a lil bit. About the car... we will hear soon

Bold - ðŸ¤£
Again spoiler?? 
I have to go sharpen my teeth and claws for this guy again I guess ðŸ˜•
Ashu25 thumbnail

🤣

WAITINGGG
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: NSB7

So...il do this the points way

1.so somehow amma questions II why does dad do so much... Aapne mere dil ki bath likhdi...II had to clarify its not a show off of wealth
Somehow it would be better if she said it when appa and athim were around 

2.now...the situation somehow seemed like amma and akka were going to be pissed to hell with bala...like question him
And I was grabbing the phone tight worrying for II
Like ayyyoo II no no no...they will over imagine that u guys fought...even if he said the rudest thing to u...he Dint say anything directly...the issue will get twisted 
But she did have it under control.

3.where is appa? And when he sees it...its going to be a blow

4.ranjan was wrong today :( - yes you should have a limit...I thought only a cradle and adjustable bed thing 
But so many sweets snacks and everything else...a little over done...yes he was an excited grandpa..but wasn't he the man who knew how the world runs

Guess his love for grandkids took over his mind

5.athim and II thing..its sad
Two ppl who are sooo attached are now having thier own thing going on
II is avoiding... But this time bala won't notice 
Because they all beleive...like a middle class family the bhallas discuss everything and expect II to know things.. Sadly not the case here.. Different families function different??

6 now that things are blowing up
When appa will say...ask him/them to do it for thier own
Or II feels that
She might want her own
Why is dad behaving like its a bhalla kid?? - this was her thought I suppose
II because he doesn't have bhalla kids...will be somebody or the other's answer 

7.Sam to rescue? Mmm maybe or maybe not
Depends on II
If Sam knows she might find a way to console II
It she will add to the gifts too

Wohhooo
Waiting for all the revelations ;)

Good thing is? Well that the author kept it real by highlighting bala and II issues and not showing them like best friends only
Don't best friends fight and male up too?

for the first time I am going  to defend ranjan...god these days I tell u...😆 ðŸ˜†

the problem is it is the first time for ranjan...I dont think whether he has a less wealthy relative where taking these many stuff would be a problem...he did it jus like e took with sam re...