Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: devkidmd

My thoughts exactly. Six packs is a recent phenomenon in the last decade or two. Rajat is living the role of Akbar and he needs a physique that is closer to that of a pehelwan more than anything else and that he does.

Devki

imagine devika physique of a pehelwaan and acting like a dibba...any day i would prefer acting over looks!
Donjas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I like facts and there is nothing that irritates me more than a widely held belief which is false. From the accounts of Jahangir, we have that Akbar was of medium height, inclining to be tall. A slightly dark complexion, broad chest, long arms and a fleshy mole on his nose.

Historians have concluded that his height was around 5'7 to 5'8. That is slightly tall by the standards of those times since people were shorter then. Same height as Salman or Shahruk and no one considers them short, they are average in height.

By the way, there will be a documentary on Humayun's Tomb on Discovery Channel, Monday 27 Jul 9 P.M. Please watch.

Originally posted by: sweet_diksha

here I agree with u.. Rajat is perfect as Akbar  in every way

Edited by Donjas - 8 years ago
shilpishona thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
lol this forum is still a funny place.
Sandhya.A thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
It is not modelling  Donjas  where looks alone matter. Acting needs much more. Neither  are  SRK nor Rajinikant  nor Naseeruddin Shah great lookers. They  all have something  extra special  that endears them on screen. 

Remember  Naseeruddin  Shah in Jaane Tu ya jaane na - he made such an impression  as a mere painting.

Now that is needed  while performing  before a rolling  camera. RT has it in abundance. He can make his eyes voice everything  talk and  emote. After the leap he lent a slight hunch to his walk and made his voice more basal. With PS except  for the plait she wears her hair in a bun. But there isn't  the slightest  difference to her advancing years. 

There has never been that adoring  expression  in her eyes ever. The kind that  would melt a stone when in love. Her eyes have never conveyed the kind of adoration and warmth and intimacy   that Bhagyashree's did in MPK or RT's did in JA. That severly dented the love story. You could never 'feel' Jodha's  love.

I agree that  she looks very pretty and looks royal. She was way too beautiful  in her wedding track and her early  days in Agra. 

If an actor  of Salim's  calibre had played Akbar  then perhaps  PS might  have  shined in comparison. But with RT...she is short by miles. 

But yes. The twins track and the early grina days were those that  she equalled him. That is why they stand out and touched our hearts. So have been a few episodes  in between. But ovrrall something  was missing badly. There was more of over confidence  than 100%.

Originally posted by: Donjas

Agreed, that it is wrong to judge a person by physical attributes, but the fact that person's body makes up the image we have of him is also irrefutable. Being short or slig htly overweight are not negative points, billions of people are like that but in show business, that could be a problem.

We have seen Rajat shirtless a couple of times, he has shown definite improvement in physique but the pot belly is still there. That needs work.

As for Paridhi, I find her beautiful and as shown in the twin deaths and Laboni track, she is a very good actress. 

-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
TOPIC CLOSED

I am sure the reasons for closure are very well known to members

JA DT