Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Shevane what a poignant cause. Every where I seem to look these days, all I hear is death and destruction, happiness is so fleeting.
One of my coworkers,  told me a devastating thing on Friday, like completely ruined my concentration to work or to focus.

Hes LDS, there are a lot of LDS folks around here, he talked of this family that belong to his "ward" LDS has wards for churches, the Dad has a very successful financial advising business in Utah and Nevada and such, 4 kids (most LDS folks have atleast 4 many times 6 kids. I wondered if Indie's patient was LDS also)

The oldest daughter is on a "mission to Russia (boys and girls are expected to "serve" a year in a overseas mission (they seem to have infiltrated into India, all over South India, which totally pisses me off. They are great people but the whole conversion thing gets my goat). The second daughter is in college in Utah, not home for summer yet, they had two boys afterwards, 14 and 11.

Both in Boy Scouts I think, my coworker/friend Dave mentioned seeing the boys at someone's backyard pool on Tuesday night as a Scout activity.

Dave is a Scout Master (LDS and Scouts go hand in hand I think, most LDS folks are in Scouts). Thursday morning parents art Church, the 14 year old finds the 11 year old face down and dead😭

He apparently suffered from seizures had one at night and passed away. LDS folks are deeply religious, so they probably are able to assign a "spiritual cause" to it all, but I AM UNABLE TO COMPREHEND IT. never will be

Anu, the woman is in her late 50s, early 60s I think, the guy in his 60s between the two of them they have atleast 10 grandkids. ADORABLE. KIND AND CHARMING. She got a 3 carat ROCK. She found him through Match.Com she said

The reception was a at a park, too windy yesterday to enjoy it even under the picnic shed. NOTHING vegetarian, boneless ribs, boneless porkchops and what ever. I had TWO BOWLS of peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream, followed by a slice of a two tier wedding cake with icing made into HIBISCUS FLOWER
.πŸ˜ƒ(she, Lisa was once married to a man who took her to Hawaii a lot hence the love for hibiscus, he was an a----ole) he did MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKING AND GOT PAID TO DO IT, BIG BUCKS.
The irony of it all? the man was a stalker, wife beater and ABUSER. she changed her name and lived anonymously almost for three years fearing for her life she said

i had to google LDS this is is so sad ..me too cant comprehend it and when u attend this dont you miss our banana leaf served khana .. i miss weddings about india most 😭..
such a cute wedding but so scary to even read about what her ex did ..my god..
glad she found a partner..
see this is why i keep saying Ranjan is innocent 64 is young to get married πŸ˜‰

and Shev so proud of what the ladies/you do πŸ‘πŸ‘

chal see you guys soon

anu
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Tikkis... the door to her soulπŸ˜†

"apni shaqal theek karo" Bally ordered her, she went to the Perk rest room and washed it drying it with paper towels, took her savory puff with her, waited for the elevator

It stopped at 5th, and they found the dude inside, his eyes lit up immediately

He looked at his wife the longest time

"aur hero?' kya chal raha hai?" Bally asked giving him a man hug

He shrugged

"Hows work?" he asked

"Lots of it" he said half smiling

"Boss atleast company teri hai, mera soch coolie hoon, teri biwi maanti nahi I am trying to start my own thing, she loves being bonded" he chuckled

R&B chuckled, amused at the meaning of the word

"Subah se isko keh raha hoon 1:1 karte hain, she could only find time at 6"

"Itna bhi jhooth nahi Bally, u know its not true," she looked at Bally accusingly, R&B could see her bloodshot eyes

"Mazaak kar raha hoon kiddo" Bally said trying to chew on the uncomfortable silence in the elvator

It stopped at 7th, Bally waved  "Ghar aa kabhi, UP se special local stuff mangwaya hai maine, 37% alcohol" Bally chuckled amused

"Ouch!" said R&B smiling warmly

"Aaja taste kar, phir tujhe (kaha milega mauka if u return to Paris?) he stopped "Phir tujhe koi aur kind taste karwaaoonga" Bally cleverly reworded it
Bally's phone rang

"Anay!!" he said angrily

"I am taking u up on ur offer of weekend sitting kiddo, I might even give u a higher rating, nepotism ka achha tareeqa dhoonda hai aapne, well deserved" he chuckled at II

"I am telling u" II nodded sincerely

"Bol mere cheetey" he yelled into the phone with typical UP boisterousness, waving at the "newly weds"

"are u heading home soon?" R&B asked, still holding up the elevator

"I need to pack up my stuff, I" she stopped

"I saw ur car this morning" he probed
(IF I HAD ANY PLANS OF LYING HES SAVING ME SOME ENERGY? RAKSHASAN!!!)

"The window wont slide all the way up" she complained shrilly

"Umm did u tell the guard?" he asked being Captain Obvious

"Illai" she mumbled(No!)

"Is this the side someone side swiped u the day it was parked outside?" he asked

"I dont know" she looked at him cluelessly

"How did u get here this morning?"
"auto till the border then a 8 seater tuktuk" she said

"I will see u downstairs in 10" he warned

He waited patiently when she showed in the 18th minute... he opened the trunk she shoved her laptop bag, her voluminous purse, her lunch case, she held her salty snack in a paper plate

He took everything and slammed the trunk shut, he could have done it all from the driver seat but he knew she would spend a good 20 minutes on it

They turned to proceed to the front, a honk...

Subbu!!!!

"Hi! guys"

R&B half smiled

She didnt

"Na valle nee vena pesu" (i am not going u can talk if u want)

Subbu parked in a empty spot and got out

"What am I hearing, I just got off a meeting with ur Dad, u quit?"

R&B nodded, as the men shook hands

"U run a venture capital company, u can take the heat" he teased

"Its not the heat, its the frost" (SELLING CARS IS SO DULL) R&B said

"Hello Ishita, how are u?"

NAAY! (DOG!) EDO ENNODA BEST FRIEND MADIRI(Like u happen to be my bestie)
WHY DO U ALWAYS GREET ME?
RASCAL!!
I DONT GIVE A DAMN!!

"I am OK, just tired"

"Hey wife had a boy three weeks ago" he smiled smugly at R&B

"Thats great news" R&B said happily, he didnt give a damn

The men shook hands again...
"We did the religious naming bit on the 11th day at home,
she had a C section, so didnt do a big deal, but are doing a big thing, on Friday the 5th
 I just invited ur Dad in person, will stop by tomm if u are in?" he asked R&B

"I will consider myself invited" he said silkily

"Great. Thanks man!!" Subbu grinned

"Ishita you must come too" he insisted

"Paakaren, Amma signed me up one of those days at Mayur Vihar Ganesh Temple's consecration of Shiva idol" II mumbled

"You are still singing?" he asked

bas***d!!
DID U THINK I LOST MY VOICE?
BECAUSE I DIDNT MARRY AN IYER?
HE IS AFTER MY TAIL TO ATTEND CLASSES AND PRACTICE
JUST SO U KNOW SUBBU!
U ARE A SELFISH A-----E

"A lot!!! in fact way more than I ever did before" II bit and spit his head off

"Oh! wow!!" Subbu couldnt come up with anything better

"Polama?' she was irritated(lets go)

"Sit" he said handing her the keys

"Neeyum vaa" she ordered(u go with me)

"One of these days i wont be shocked at all when I hear u speak Tamil" Subbu chuckled

"U shudnt be" R&B muttered

"U must come, I can stop by if a personal invitation matters" Subbu does

"It doesnt" R&B said

The men talked shop for 5 minutes and R&B returned

"Na valle" ( I am not going to his party) that was her first statement as soon as he got in

"We can fight about it when weve exhauste all other topics II" he said firmly

"Nee ara mani neram pesare avanoda. I CANT STAND HIM (U talk to him for a half hour)

"I spoke for 7 minutes max" he argued

"IT SEEMED LIKE TOO LONG" she spat "I could have taken a cab" "Who cares what he wants to celebrate?" she spoke blisteringly

"Enough II" he said a mixture of caring/scolding/admonition
He drove quietly... ha.. as if thats something new

"I want to eat tikkis" she said as he merged on the Ggaon expressway, turning his Billboard Top 50 Love Songs volume down
Scrolling to find a song she liked, she was beginning to enjoy SOME TUNES :)

Beegees belted "How Deep is your Love"

I know your eyes in the morning sun
I feel you touch me in the pouring rain
And the moment that you wander far from me
I want to feel you in my arms again
And you come to me on a summer breeze
Keep me warm in your love, then you softly leave
And it's me you need to show
How deep is your love, how deep is your love
How deep is your love?
I really mean to learn
'Cause we're living in a world of fools
Breaking us down when they all should let us be
We belong to you and me

I believe in you
You know the door to my very soul
You're the light in my deepest, darkest hour
You're my savior when I fall
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do
And it's me you need to show
How deep is your love, how deep is your love

"Where?" he asked

Sarojini Nagar ideally, if u think its too far then Munirka" she said cautiously

He took Rao Tula Ram Marg and headed to Sarojini Nagar 😳
Hsp.canada thumbnail
IF is acting funny.

Edited by Hsp.canada - 8 years ago
Hsp.canada thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

My image of LDS comes from Big Love. I am guilty of watching it for 2 seasons. I just can't process their life style. So Boy Scouts is out for my boysπŸ˜†

I too feel the same way about conversion. I find it amusing when people talk about changing their church. As their belief system has changed. 

Wedding is fun irrespective of culture. Cake sounds yum, I will search for that flavoring.

shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Mmm, I loved the update Nisha (nothing new in thatπŸ˜‰)
I loved the song...so II likes this song, Dude listen to it carefully, and apply to it ur wife and self.
U always select such amazing songs Nisha (nothing new in that alsoπŸ˜‰)

Subbu made an appearance...naming ceremony...yayy..I had asked for it...so orange blouse ?πŸ˜†

Dude is indulging wifey...to keep her in a good frame of mind...or since she is pmsing. I think today he will take to scarf vendors place also, if she askedπŸ˜›.

Ok, now i have to go, breakfast prep. time and start yelling for the kids to wake up.
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Life's tough choices   eating tikkis seem so much simpler !!!
Does R&B really expect II to just up and fly off with him to Paris ...II is not senior enough at KMPG to work out of home as he did from MM.
It would be really unfair on his part if he did πŸ˜‘
Iam still not unable to understand why he asked II to speak to Bally about it.
And as for II, she is caught between the devil and the deep blue sea πŸ˜­
From what I gather she is mentally prepared for the seperation, but unable to deal with what will happen after that...
I have more than two young couples in my family who live apart in the US as their jobs demand it. Take turns to fly over weekends to be together ...feel so sad every time I hear it...how does one tackle these choices as two incomes in a family are a given in today's day and age...

At least our poor II can get a season's ticket to Paris...ie, if she chooses to and not make a big thing out of using his money for this too...
Enna panna porey Nisha...romba kashtam maa...I feel I got off easy with my life...most of my generation did..., had a career, switched, and right now am at the happiest place...and doing what is most soul satisfying πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by VeeIyer - 8 years ago
SAKIVIAM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
but the jouney is approx  10 hrs from Delhi to Paris.
and two more waiting and other things.
and to and from around  

24 hrs it would be wasted for no part and continuos jounies..
like she gets two days off sat and sun but one day is completely gone in journey only
Hsp.canada thumbnail
I love that song, just perfect for this update, 
I will be not very surprised when RnB starts talking in TamilπŸ˜‰.
Bally and his phuttas are always superπŸ‘

Subbu the joker πŸ˜• looking forward to II wearing that blouse suggested by Divanshi.πŸ˜‰

Nisha u must have a wicked sense of humor. If u write such good phuttas real life mei peop,e must want to hang out with u.πŸ‘
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Caught up with both the updates. 
What a place to be in! No right answers wrong answers here. What works for them works.

Nisha read you post about LDS and the 11 year old. You are right, Life is tough and inexplicable sometimes. Some of us have egos that have us believe that we will live the way we choose to for eternity.

It has been an emotional weekend here. 6 school kids and 1 teacher ( among other victims)have lost their lives in the earth quake that struck a school camp in Sabah Malaysia. I can't even begin to imagine the horror of parents that have bring home their under 10's home like this after waving them goodbye a couple days ago. There just can't be greater grief..

At almost every corner life knocks into us that we need to live the present but we very rarely do. I'm a big defaulter with that. Never too late to learn I guess. 

life moves on hope and faith I guess. A little gratitude goes a long way.I'm like Anu that way try to get my head around things like this by going to temples and praying longer.

And then again Thanks SoSyland. Awesome club this one!
Hsp.canada thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mr.PsychoTech

but the jouney is approx  10 hrs from Delhi to Paris.

and two more waiting and other things.
and to and from around  

24 hrs it would be wasted for no part and continuos jounies..
like she gets two days off sat and sun but one day is completely gone in journey only

Vikas u are taking out the whole romance out of the equation πŸ˜†πŸ˜† people promise to scale the mountains, swim the 7 seas get the moon etc.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† don't be too practical nahi too koi ladki ghass nahi daleghi πŸ˜‰ As II realized love makes u do impulsive things. πŸ˜Š