Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: CarrotCake

It really is a shame, because Abhishek was quite successful around 2005 or so, when Bunty aur Babli, Dus, Bluffmaster, etc released. In fact, I remember India Today did a cover story on him in which the journalist commented on how he had finally found success and appreciation. 

Not to forget Guru. He was soo good in it. I thought this be it..but then he gave drona and the flop run continued 
atominis thumbnail
Hrithik did have entertainer quality. That's why he was lapped up the way he was.

IMO, it was when he took too many gaps and adopted this international star look, that's when he lost some connect.

I'd anyday take the KNPH/MI/Fiza guy over the guy now with coloured hair and trying to give international standards vibe.

His sensibilities in selecting scripts are not attuned to popular demands.

I wonder why would someone waste so much time over a Guzaarish or Kites.

When he had debuted, he was called all rounder. He had all qualities that a leading Hindi film hero ought to have (except comic timing). His record in first decade is way better than so called hyped "superstars" who debuted after him. He was the only one who ever gave serious challenge to the 90s brigade.
Every newcomer tried to model himself after Hrithik, building body like him or learning how to dance like him.

But you have to come to a certain level to connect with audience. Hrithik's becoming more distant now. He should try characters that people can relate to. Small things make a lot of difference. Those urbane or emperor/warrior characters cannot take an actor far, beyond a limit. The biggest stars have been those who played underdogs, common man, relatable characters.
These days having relatable characters is a must. That's why they tweak mythologicals also, so that gods seem more humane to the regular viewer.

Of course, his personal life issues have also affected his image now. Earlier it was too perfect. Ideal son, happily married to childhood sweetheart and father to 2 sons, besides being a successful star and handsome man. It's dented now and requires a revamp.

If he works on few things, he can still do way better. He has always had it in him.
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshu.sundas

did he do TV also ?😲🤢

Yes. Some National Bingo Night, reality show on Colors. That was flop too and showed how he didn't know how to connect with even a live audience in a studio.
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
To be honest how many superstar's kids did make it big ? Aamir,Salman,Ajay's fathers were not actors 

Originally posted by: atominis

Hrithik did have entertainer quality. That's why he was lapped up the way he was.

IMO, it was when he took too many gaps and adopted this international star look, that's when he lost some connect.

I'd anyday take the KNPH/MI/Fiza guy over the guy now with coloured hair and trying to give international standards vibe.

His sensibilities in selecting scripts are not attuned to popular demands.

I wonder why would someone waste so much time over a Guzaarish or Kites.

When he had debuted, he was called all rounder. He had all qualities that a leading Hindi film hero ought to have (except comic timing). His record in first decade is way better than so called hyped "superstars" who debuted after him. He was the only one who ever gave serious challenge to the 90s brigade.
Every newcomer tried to model himself after Hrithik, building body like him or learning how to dance like him.

But you have to come to a certain level to connect with audience. Hrithik's becoming more distant now. He should try characters that people can relate to. Small things make a lot of difference. Those urbane or emperor/warrior characters cannot take an actor far, beyond a limit. The biggest stars have been those who played underdogs, common man, relatable characters.
These days having relatable characters is a must. That's why they tweak mythologicals also, so that gods seem more humane to the regular viewer.

Of course, his personal life issues have also affected his image now. Earlier it was too perfect. Ideal son, happily married to childhood sweetheart and father to 2 sons, besides being a successful star and handsome man. It's dented now and requires a revamp.

If he works on few things, he can still do way better. He has always had it in him.

one thing i'll agree with you is that he must stop taking so many breaks, i am sick of is 3 years hibernation and one film after 3 years, being a fan since his first film, supported him through every up and down, and now as a fan i just want him to not waste his glory by taking breaks, if he does even one film a year he will still remain where he is. but having said that the kind of films he does is mammoth, they take a lot of time to be made and given how his health issues come in between, i think if he tries also he cannot avoid as health is the biggest asset for them at this point.

an i also feel, makers never approached Hrithik with human roles, he always gets the mighty roles, the last human role he played was i think in ZNMD , and that is it. one thing is good that he is not typecast into certain genre and can switch if he wants but saddest part is that nobody will offer him a guy next door role now, either he will play emperor super hero, or something like don and gangster or even a thief. 

Originally posted by: Deathstroke

To be honest how many superstar's kids did make it big ? Aamir,Salman,Ajay's fathers were not actors 

even Hrithik's father was B-lister i think. and even Ranbir's whole khandan except his cousin sisters were not superstars ðŸ˜†
-Phantom- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

That's true. They never got compared to their fathers on screen.

I think Sunny Deol is the only actor who got some success. And Kapoor sisters... but their parents werent superstars.
Edited by Emmjay - 8 years ago

Originally posted by: atominis

Yes. Some National Bingo Night, reality show on Colors. That was flop too and showed how he didn't know how to connect with even a live audience in a studio.

are you serious ? he did a show in colors ? and this is a news to me, i am stupid that i thought the so called prince of bollywood would not try a TV .

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

I think people are still too harsh on Abhishek.
yes he made bad decisions and he may not be the best looking but I do think he is talented.  He certainly store the show in Bol Bachchan, HNY, Dostana etc  - maybe thats why he is doing multi-starrers he seems to stand out more in them as opposed to his solo leads.

Drona defiantly took a toll on his career though, that hit him hard. Even those other lame films he did Players, Game, Raavan etc. 

atominis thumbnail

Prithviraj Kapoor's sons. 😆

Shobhana Samarth - her daughter Nutan and grandaughter Kajol.

Sanjay Dutt was really on way to top till jail happened.

Sunny Deol, son of Dharmendra.

Talking only about the ones who made it big.

Deol achievement is fantastic because father-son were both active in films and competed in same genre. That's why I don't buy comparison with dad type arguments. People admit Sunny doesn't look as good as his dad, can't do romantic or comedy scenes like his dad did etc but they still watch him with similar enthusiasm. He got his own audience.

I think seeing example of these few, everybody starts sending their kids in this industry, thinking kid will do something.