Abhishek Bachchan the heir to the flop throne

AsliMaa99 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
so what about him?

Is he being taken seriously at all? Or has he transitioned fully into his role of Mr Aishwarya Rai? 😆
Will Ranbir surpass him?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
I think with the success of Bol Bachchan and HNY he's probably being looked at as supporting comic roles. All Is Well will determine a lot of things for him, but going by the fact that he's currently doing Houseful which is another ensemble cast and a total non-critics comedy seems to suggest that he's resigned himself to his fate and is working on giving as many hits as he can for financial security.  Kind of a shame because I think he's very versatile and talented.

He's also putting a lot of energy into his sports teams and seems to be having a lot of success there as well. So he seems to have figured things out for himself.  
atominis thumbnail
He is only a supporting actor now. Part of the ensemble. And even there he doesn't bring value. Like Arshad has value in his films. Having or not having him makes a difference. But this is not the case with Abhishek or Tusshar types.

A survival strategy of flop starkids.
DriftInfinitely thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I think with the success of Bol Bachchan and HNY he's probably being looked at as supporting comic roles. All Is Well will determine a lot of things for him, but going by the fact that he's currently doing Houseful which is another ensemble cast and a total non-critics comedy seems to suggest that he's resigned himself to his fate and is working on giving as many hits as he can for financial security.  Kind of a shame because I think he's very versatile and talented.

It really is a shame, because Abhishek was quite successful around 2005 or so, when Bunty aur Babli, Dus, Bluffmaster, etc released. In fact, I remember India Today did a cover story on him in which the journalist commented on how he had finally found success and appreciation. 

atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: CarrotCake

It really is a shame, because Abhishek was quite successful around 2005 or so, when Bunty aur Babli, Dus, Bluffmaster, etc released. In fact, I remember India Today did a cover story on him in which the journalist commented on how he had finally found success and appreciation.

India Today is too partial to starkids. 😆

It did cover on Ranbir also. Where the F is he?

But for others, it takes ages and big achievements to acknowledge them. Like it featured Aamir only after Lagaan went to Oscars.

Only BAB was a big success. Other films were middling successes. Abhishek has never been a draw.

BAB is more due to AB, Rani, music than Abhishek himself alone.
AsliMaa99 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CarrotCake

Yeah they pinched him up against Hrithik Roshan 😆
I always knew he didn't have ''it'' to make it.
I am sure that success also played a role in Aishwarya marrying him.. but oh well. She still has the Bachchan tag now, and I am sure it doesn't matter to her that he is a nobody success wise, him being Amitab's son makes up for it.
atominis thumbnail
@AsliMaa99

Yeah they went bonkers exaggerating his star power and acting or claiming he had rewritten rules of the game. 😆

But I always found him lacking. He has no charisma and is absolutely listless. I could never connect with his portrayals. He looks eternally constipated to me.

An actor has to be endearing no matter how he looks. Even an Amol Palekar has that quality but not Abhishek. I cannot feel his characters onscreen.

Any girl was ready to marry Abhishek because he was a Bachchan. Forget success. Karisma was ready to marry him when he had just disaster debut behind him!
atominis thumbnail
You either have it or you don't.

Blaming dad's success or competition are excuses.

Roshan is far better than dheela Abhishek can ever hope to be in this lifetime atleast.

In intensity also, people liked Roshan better. That's why he was chosen to do Agneepath and not Abhishek.

Guru fitted him perfectly. He was always buddah jawaan in real life too.
I had heard Jr AB wanted to he a doctor, but his dad pressurized him to be an actor? ðŸ˜• Is that true? 
I don't get why parents want their kids to join the same careers as them! Jr AB could've been better without becoming an actor. 
Abhishek has a 2nd most highest grossing film in his kitty.
koi aam banda nahi hai woh