Firstpost Trailer Review: DIL DHADAKNE DO, Boring as hell promo

Thrasher thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

The trailer of Zoya Akhtar's new film Dil Dhadakne Do, screams it's a Zoya Akhtar film from every frame. The people populating her story are extremely rich, extremely well dressed and extremely good looking. They are the kinds who smile back at you from the Page 3 of Bombay Times and make you feel a little sorry for yourself as you tuck in your dinner at home. They are exactly the same kind of people who greeted you from her previous film, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.

Ranveer Singh in Dil Dhadakne Do.

The trailer opens with the sound of a ship's horn and a ship, cutting through the beautiful blue waters in sunset lighting. Just as you start feeling a little nostalgic about Titanic, the trailer cuts to Ranveer Singh, laughing defiantly as Anil Kapoor asks him what he has decided about a girl named Noorie.

Through the course of the conversation, you figure out that Singh is the son of Anil Kapoor and Shefali Shah who are playing the super-rich Mehras. They want Singh to marry a girl called Noorie because her father is going to gift him a plane. We also know that Singh is a pilot, albeit one without a job.

Then we see Priyanka Chopra, who looks bored as hell as Rahul Bose snogs her. Later she tells Zarina Wahab that she doesn't have any feeling for her husband, played by Bose. Enter Imraan from Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, only as Sunny. He seems like the same happy-go-lucky buffoon, the rebel and the 'creative type' - established by the fact that he carries a polaroid camera. He is also the ex-boyfriend of Chopra's character.

Now, all these people are on the same cruise, which explains why the intimidating horn opened the trailer. Obviously, like they do in Zoya Akhtar films, the characters will do some soul searching while drinking expensive wine, staring out at the sea from the deck of the ship and looking lovely.

The trailer also gives out the main crisis in the film: Will Ranveer Singh marry Noorie for a plane? And will Priyanka Chopra make a run for a more rewarding sex life?

In between you spot Anushka Sharma, who we suspect is a dancer in the cruise. Singh, predictably, falls for her. And since Umrao Jaan or Mughal-e-Azam are not cool anymore, Sharma is shown to be a latino dancer, who obviously will not let the evil father have his way.

We suspect we know how the film will end and we are praying that Akhtar proves us wrong.

P.S: There's more chemistry between Anushka Sharma and the bottle of anti-dandruff shampoo in the Head and Shoulders ad, than there is between her and Ranveer Singh. All good things, indeed, do come to an end.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Why is Firstpost always so negative abt everything
KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
well doesn't sound like so...
2 million views in 2 days and likes outnumber dislikes by a huge margin...
as an unbiased fan, i can say that trailer clicked although it was not anything special..
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Deathstroke

Why is Firstpost always so negative abt everything

Always playing Devil's Advocate to get traffic.
I liked the trailer though, not outstanding but good, well made trailer.
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Thrasher

P.S: There's more chemistry between Anushka Sharma and the bottle of anti-dandruff shampoo in the Head and Shoulders ad, than there is between her and Ranveer Singh. All good things, indeed, do come to an end.

I agree whole heatedly!  No matter how much of cracking chemistry was witnessed in BBB between the couple, it's just not there anymore!  😆  

The trailer is quite average... but they're just being too negative! 
HarveySpecter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I was excited for this film, and then I saw the trailer. Expecting a bore-fest of a film. Will be glad if I am proved wrong, but trailer suggests otherwise.
dhartiamber thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Firstpost writers are frustrated people always complaining about stars and big films they should stop reviewing start doing worshipping Phantom filmmakers and small films. Not every film needs to be realistic. Majority of film watchers are fond of big films that entertain. 
briahna thumbnail
i am glad they agreed with me.
👍🏼
WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
😆

For sure Zoya Akhtar is super repetitive.

It's funny in a way. One would think with all the accolades that she gets, that her films would be more varied in content...when they are truly just films about super rich people on exotic locations doing some "soul searching".