AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: atominis

You didn't cheat?

You must be superhuman then.πŸ˜†

Which fairytale world you live in?πŸ˜‰

Yeah, sometimes I wonder why I didnt b4 marriage? πŸ˜‰

But after marriage, its as clear as blue sky in the morning. It is fairytale. and I m superhuman. coz I just know hoe relationship works.. thanx to my wife. πŸ˜Š

I still flirt thou, kutte ki doom, tedhi ki tedhi. πŸ˜•
atominis thumbnail
LOL @ self denial!πŸ˜†
First of all, many things were discussed here. Not just colour. 

Second, in context of Freida's statement, it is justified to say, colour is not the reason to get rejected. 

But anyway, good luck pleasing the target audience in this forum.πŸ˜‰
melody442 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Reason why she didnt make it big in Bollywood is because she is very ordinary looking. And no it doesnt have do with her colour it has to do with her features. She doesnt have a single distinguishing feature. I love women with dark complexion and sharp features ( read Dipannita Sharma, Namrata Shirodkar, Shweta Salve, Kritika Kamra and the list goes on) , but have never found anything striking about her.
tootyfrooty- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Hadia-

No offense but she is right here ...Indian people pays more attention to fair people then the one with dark skin tone

does in pakistaan too they dont feel proud being a lighter skin pp?, there also dusky ,wheatish ppl consider not so beautiful an ugly and they face difficulties in getting marriage bcs majority of ppl are lighter  there, i saw many time them bragging about that how lighter their country ppl 

Edited by lolabc - 9 years ago
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Bazigar

Endless debate of self denial , It is not necessary to drag all these desh prem as no one fighting a battle at border , when the issue is altogether a different on issue of skin colour . Bash as much u like as to Ms. pinto and show ur desh premi . Regarding outlook all south Asian  are same. Eg. lets count how many fans we have for say nandita/ smita/sabna/konkan etc. in this forum ( tag as dream girl not on acting )

1. Out of many criteria in marriage ( no one saying its ONLY criteria ) , girl should be fair complexion. Tide dhulai safedi nahi toh rice type , rice nahi toh wheat type , even red rose chalega ,say no to dark rose  If u r still self denial then search some matrimonial advertisement .

2. Out of many criteria for a commercial heroine ( no one saying its ONLY criteria ) , she should be fair .  For evey Elli , lily, silly there are many example of kat, kareena, etc. etc. ( Its futile to expect a 100% success rate ) Or else resort to put a wall paint and Photoshop like deepika , sonam etc. No one caring how they look in their real life.

3. It is easy to drag the example of hero to justify criteria for heroine but a hero need not be having white look . In fact if he looks pure white we audience ourselves will reject him. There are many reason on this like we want to relate with the star. he should look like us only ( may be a little different πŸ˜†)  and he should be handsome for girls  . Another example just like in south movies a pot belly cheeranjivi chalega but the heroine should be white even nagama can fit, a Dhanush can be superhero but the heroine should be shruti hassan.

When a star try to emulate six pack ab it is not because he have to prove anything its more because they try to relate with youth with a healthy and muscle body with a botax face. Or else imagine how we will look, after we touch 50 years. There is a reason why AK , SRK, AK,  SK who show off their 6 pack where as earlier they show off their cockroach body even in fight scenes  .

4. I found its amusing through this forum that more than we droll over fair face , girl themselves droll over them . They droll more on Ash, kat, jack, elli , lilly silly etc. or painted face of deepika , sonam etc. When girls themselves degrade their own species on the basis of colour then why expect from us.

Imagine a pair of Salman and Nandita das instead of ash in HDDCS where Salman wooing her like a dream girl singing chand chupa badal main  . I am sure the awaz of fan will be why salman why , u can take us as heroine. πŸ˜†

5. There is nothing issue when we stereotype dream girl aka heroine as fair or forget heroine even the back ground dancer. But the issue is majority of women and girl were dark or wheatish complexion  and through this they look down upon their own species. Baring northern part like delhi  etc. in all other places there is very less population look like tide dhulai more look like chawal , gehu , dal , and dark bengan colour. Only thing is this is only fueling more colour complexion.

As we progress Instead decreasing this perception and outlook, it is growing more and more . i think this grew proportionately with growth of cosmetic industry and show business. Who in fact use all these faces to promote more fairness product the end result we want dream girl like kat or ash and girl want to be look like kat or ash. Infact bollywood inspire and influence fashion , look etc. I doubt a Kajol look alike can succeed even now. My childhood crush was kajol so also i found many on that time but now same dusky bengan became white rice.πŸ˜†

No self denial, if it is for oneself, I am whiter than my wife, shez more beautiful than me. Its personal choice. There is lot more to a person than just a skin color, when u come to judge a whole society, U have to see the bigger picture. Sadly enough, the bigger picture has so many underlying issues. Coz we humans like to make simple things complex. \\

Why just name few actresses? Kajol tasted success way more than Karishma... and Kajol wasnt  just darker but also chubby. There u go another issue abt women being expected to look sexy with their body. 36-24-36... can go to size zero..depends whats in demand in the market. The sansakari tv serials on star plus now going... not showing low cut blouses or cleavages... but they r going way up in skirt sizes, Therez one serial where one Mumbai teenge girl goes to live in Banaras... all she is showing is her thighs all around. There r many others too.. it seems cleavage is not allowed but mini skirts r just fine. Time changes. Btw, many serials r tackling the issues of dark skin Vs white skin... and guess what? Dark skinned r sati savitris and white skinned r bitches... thats the msg. 

1.Out of many criteria in marriage, a guy must have a good job and earning money to provide for his family. Now, pause. What happens to the guy who is vella, so what he cant or wont find a job? He is human just like us. There so many criterias in marriage, that society can decide, it can bring out so many serious issues than just a skin colour. 

2. For showbiz, ppl like to see good faces, good locations, good story, good talents etc.. Its their money they r spending. Its nothing diff. from India to rest of the world. How can ppl drool over HW or any wood stars even in magazines? if they r not picture perfect. But they can n  DO to spend more money for Kajol's movies than Karisham's ... Ajay D than Neil Nitin Mukesh.. skin color has something do abt it.. but not everything.πŸ˜‰

3. Nope, heros never looked like US. We tried to look them at someperiod of our lives.  They always had to make their mannerisms work for the public, find a right role n movie and take the movie on their shoulders.. its abt take it all or lose it all. How can u explain a awkward looking Amitabh in Aanand again Rajesh? He was dark, too tall, too thin with a big voice and with chameli ka tel on his head, typical bhaiajee. The same superstar did fall in love at first sight with Smita patil... in 2 BBs. Talents... or rather substance. 

4. Drooling.. unfortunately, we dont even know them in real life... there r some candid photos and there r huge amounts of photoshoped photos... even on screen, they have all going for them to look sexy or outright dumb and ugly (acc. to the roles). PC will be remembered for her Barfi role than her sexy bikini whitewashed pics.. Same goes for Kareena in JWM Vs Tashan's zero size body bikini. Most ppl i know liked Hr's tanned looks in 2nd half than gora chitta in the first half. Rekha was loved for her made up ugliest look in KBM than her made up gamourised look in 2nd half. 

Thats how ppl become fans. "white" skin color has very lil to do with it. 

5. Back to India, I dont think south Indian girls will migrate to North and marry fair looking guys, neither the guys in South will shave their moustache to look like Salman. Since when big screen ever represented the whole society? I wanna see a movie where some of the most stupidest stunts I cant imagine... look real on screen. When I wanna visit an exotic country but the 15 dollars can take me there for visual pleasure. I even wanna see aleins and Dine-a-sours.. πŸ˜†

Its just so immature to imagine India as just BW. Amitabh doesnt like the word.. for him its "Hindi Film Industry".. I agree with him. But we always forget India is way freaking bigger than BW. Why do a certain person dont get a certain job? We cant make a meal out of that. Why do teenage girls in fashion world starving themselves to anorexia..? Why do male superstars go for dangerous stunts and hurt themselves? U cant just attach any of that to that country.. most of the times its their choice. 

And then we connect Popcorn to the big screen. Popcorn.. we can eat...big screen, we can leave it for next lot of viewers.

Imagine a pair of Aditya pancholi wooing n
Nandita das in a serious movie. Does skin colour matter there.. I bet ya.. in a diff way. 

Everything matters.. but not everything is a huge issue and a reason for personal failure. First of all we have look inside ourselves to find the beauty, coz mirror or screen can lie. An Indian girl wanna look fairer.. good. A Kiwi woman wanna look darker, good. I dont wanna have six pack, good says my wife. I dont wanna get her to rid of stretch marks on tummy, good I say.

The point is... its not self denial, its accepting the very FACT that we human beings always want something that we dont have. And thats why r progressive and we can wipe the whole world out 6 times with the nukes we got. We need to chose whats good for ourselves and not good. Dont blame a whole society or a country for our failures. And no, patriotism doesnt just pop up at war time, its always there in heart. 

... losers will cry, winners will smile. Skin? its has very lil to do with it. Lets talk abt something serious like... i dont know.. πŸ˜†

Edited by AllBlacks1 - 9 years ago

Originally posted by: atominis

LOL @ self denial!πŸ˜†

First of all, many things were discussed here. Not just colour. 

Second, in context of Freida's statement, it is justified to say, colour is not the reason to get rejected. 

But anyway, good luck pleasing the target audience in this forum.πŸ˜‰

Make that a big fat LOL

Selective reading + Idealistic speech + blinders + living in a cocoon of 1950s + tagging anything you don't agree with as patriotism = Thoko Taali de dhana dhan...πŸ˜† 

P.S: The on going crying pleases moi. Tables have finally turned. Been waiting for this for ages after seeing the lop sided dynamics. 

SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: seemarao2

why some of u keep bringing pakistan into discussion? Are u trying to say that india is as worst as certain countries which support terrorist ( in this case Hindu Terrorist Groups like VHP) and blame girls for rape??

Why u keep posting things which are not related to BW. πŸ˜›
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: seemarao2

why some of u keep bringing pakistan into discussion? Are u trying to say that india is as worst as certain countries which support terrorist ( in this case Hindu Terrorist Groups like VHP) and blame girls for rape??

u have lost it rao πŸ˜† , now bringing terrorism in BW forum, please stay on course πŸ˜†
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mahatma123

u have lost it raoπŸ˜†, now bringing terrorism in BW forum, please stay on courseπŸ˜†

When ppl have nothing to say their keep bringing thingw which are not related to anything. πŸ˜†
atominis thumbnail
This person knows zilch about anything. Forget even India. 
Looks like a troll.πŸ˜†