seemarao2 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Freida Pinto opens up about racism and how girls are treated in India

On Bollywood

I was rejected by Bollywood for all kinds of things: I wasn't fair enough, I didn't look Indian enough or I was too thin (in a certain zone). In fact, someone wanted me to get some kind of a job-a plastic surgery-done.  

There were very silly auditions that I had to go for. Every day I would be on the shortlist for auditions. And I would have a bad day, I would be very moody and on the edge.  I remember one such audition where a girl walks into college and nobody pays any attention to her because she is not using a particular cream, a fairness cream-which I am completely against. Then she puts on the cream and all the boys in college turn to her. And I would be thinking: "Arrgh, this is so cheesy."

At the same time, I thought, "What would happen if I made it to the final list? Maybe that would be my ticket?" But deep down in my heart I always had doubts. And when you have doubts, you just say, 'No'.

On Conservative Indians

The views expressed by the rapists' lawyers in the film(India's Daughter) are shockingly harsh. "If you leave a diamond in the street, surely the dogs will take it," essentially meaning it's the victim's fault she was raped. How much have you encountered that view in India yourself?

I have encountered this actually. When I was shooting for my filmTrishna, I spent about two weeks prior to that in Rajasthan and saw this backward attitude amongst poor families as well as rich educated families. Some of them were even against their daughters riding a scooter because it was not ladylike and insisted that they get married off by the age of 18. These sort of people from the privileged class are impeding the real progress of women in India.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
No offense but she is right here ...Indian people pays more attention to fair people then the one with dark skin tone
BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Not all but some of them and its true
hasini009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Hadia-

No offense but she is right here ...Indian people pays more attention to fair people then the one with dark skin tone

bipasha disgree & Nandita das Agrees with you😆
Another loudmouth twit. She doesn't have any movies. So spits her bullshit.   ðŸ¤¢
BhataktiJawani thumbnail

Originally posted by: hasini009

bipasha disgree & Nandita das Agrees with you😆

I said not all only few 😆
Bazigar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: seemarao2

There were very silly auditions that I had to go for. Every day I would be on the shortlist for auditions. And I would have a bad day, I would be very moody and on the edge.  I remember one such audition where a girl walks into college and nobody pays any attention to her because she is not using a particular cream, a fairness cream-which I am completely against. Then she puts on the cream and all the boys in college turn to her. And I would be thinking: "Arrgh, this is so cheesy."

At the same time, I thought, "What would happen if I made it to the final list? Maybe that would be my ticket?" But deep down in my heart I always had doubts. And when you have doubts, you just say, 'No'.

All those L'Oreal ads are looks like skin whitening cream ad only 😆
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Two of the most successful actresses during their prime are dark and chubby: Kajol and Rani.

Shahrukh without all that excessive makeup is very dark.

But yet ALL of them are/were successful in the industry.
Bazigar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

Two of the most successful actresses during their prime are dark and chubby: Kajol and Rani.

Shahrukh without all that excessive makeup is very dark.

But yet ALL of them are/were successful in the industry.

Rani pankha dragging rani here also 😆. Kajol agree but rani no way look dark.

This dark rule is not applicable to actors , it only applicable to actress.
SarunArshiIpk thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I wud b fine with bipasha saying this. Bt this girl has gotten so irritating with all the India bashing things she does.  All the time. Portraying india as down trodden. girl stop whining. India has problems n it will deal with it in due course of time. Such huge amount of population so probs won't be solved easily  bt u just stfu.