Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: tennant

Is she talking about lead role or flowerpot role in Bollywood?

She does flowerpot roles in Hollywood. 

Not even that, a commercial director rejected her. 😆
Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
She's just making excuses for not being able to make it big in bollywood. 

However, it's funny to see all the patriots getting defensive about India's obsession with skin colour. I am worshipped when I go back to India, because I have extremely light skin. And the amount of girl cousins I have back in India who don't get married because they are too "kaali" and are outright considered UGLY, it's disgusting. 🤢
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sharpener

She's just making excuses for not being able to make it big in bollywood. 

However, it's funny to see all the patriots getting defensive about India's obsession with skin colour. I am worshipped when I go back to India, because I have extremely light skin. And the amount of girl cousins I have back in India who don't get married because they are too "kaali" and are outright considered UGLY, it's disgusting. 🤢

Good for u. Thanx for reading the whole thread. 

U r worshipped? wow... now how that be nothing but the truth when it comes from Mataji. 

Girls not getting married coz kaali and ugly? Last I checked Guys in India r not getting married coz girls have better choices... and demand/suppy ratio has gone up. 

Yes, patriots can also be very attacking when they r actually being worshipped. 😆 Coz of a skin color. 
Edited by AllBlacks1 - 9 years ago
Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

Good for u. Thanx for reading the whole thread. 

U r worshipped? wow... now how that be nothing but the truth when it comes from Mataji. 

Girls not getting married coz kaali and ugly? Last I checked Guys in India r not getting married coz girls have better choices... and demand/suppy ratio has gone up. 

Yes, patriots can also be very attacking when they r actually being worshipped. 😆 Coz of a skin color. 

Please don't pretend like you didnt know what I was talking about. I'm not even half as pretty as my cousins back home but their dark skin apparently makes them look ugly and my light skin makes me pretty, simple as that. It's just not my family, this discriminatory attitude is pretty much prevalent in all my Indian friends' families back in India. 

Like yeah even here in Canada, tanned skin is considered pretty but like I have never heard of a girl not get married just because she isn't as tanned as another girl. 
atominis thumbnail
Advertising, pop culture led to a certain obsession.

Another thing is associating look with caste and class. (ThoughI have seen fair as well as dark people from both upper and lower castes)

Hence comments like kaamwali bai or rickshaw wallah.

That said only complexion ALONE is NO reason for rejection in job, marriage.

Marriages are mostly a financial deal, a power alliance. If a person is rich or well connected, then he or she will get anyone even if she or he is mentally or physically challenged. Forget skin colour.

Marriage alliances are more complex than you think.

Reducing them to colour is a joke.

It is not patriotism here. But countering sheer nonsense spewed by some. Women don't work, don't drive, or get rejected in BW just due to skin. Ha!
briahna thumbnail
bechaari. then please stay in hollywood.
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

And yes, I never cheaten on any of my 5 gfs b4 marriage and never cheated on wife in 8 years of marriage. Its not that hard if a grey brain cell working asks a question "10 minutes fun or life time happiness?" 

You didn't cheat?

You must be superhuman then.😆

Which fairytale world you live in?😉
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Then I must be too white for hollywood :/
Bazigar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Endless debate of self denial , It is not necessary to drag all these desh prem as no one fighting a battle at border , when the issue is altogether a different on issue of skin colour . Bash as much u like as to Ms. pinto and show ur desh premi . Regarding outlook all south Asian  are same. Eg. lets count how many fans we have for say nandita/ smita/sabna/konkan etc. in this forum ( tag as dream girl not on acting )

1. Out of many criteria in marriage ( no one saying its ONLY criteria ) , girl should be fair complexion. Tide dhulai safedi nahi toh rice type , rice nahi toh wheat type , even red rose chalega ,say no to dark rose  If u r still self denial then search some matrimonial advertisement .

2. Out of many criteria for a commercial heroine ( no one saying its ONLY criteria ) , she should be fair .  For evey Elli , lily, silly there are many example of kat, kareena, etc. etc. ( Its futile to expect a 100% success rate ) Or else resort to put a wall paint and Photoshop like deepika , sonam etc. No one caring how they look in their real life.

3. It is easy to drag the example of hero to justify criteria for heroine but a hero need not be having white look . In fact if he looks pure white we audience ourselves will reject him. There are many reason on this like we want to relate with the star. he should look like us only ( may be a little different 😆)  and he should be handsome for girls  . Another example just like in south movies a pot belly cheeranjivi chalega but the heroine should be white even nagama can fit, a Dhanush can be superhero but the heroine should be shruti hassan.

When a star try to emulate six pack ab it is not because he have to prove anything its more because they try to relate with youth with a healthy and muscle body with a botax face. Or else imagine how we will look, after we touch 50 years. There is a reason why AK , SRK, AK,  SK who show off their 6 pack where as earlier they show off their cockroach body even in fight scenes  .

4. I found its amusing through this forum that more than we droll over fair face , girl themselves droll over them . They droll more on Ash, kat, jack, elli , lilly silly etc. or painted face of deepika , sonam etc. When girls themselves degrade their own species on the basis of colour then why expect from us.

Imagine a pair of Salman and Nandita das instead of ash in HDDCS where Salman wooing her like a dream girl singing chand chupa badal main  . I am sure the awaz of fan will be why salman why , u can take us as heroine. 😆

5. There is nothing issue when we stereotype dream girl aka heroine as fair or forget heroine even the back ground dancer. But the issue is majority of women and girl were dark or wheatish complexion  and through this they look down upon their own species. Baring northern part like delhi  etc. in all other places there is very less population look like tide dhulai more look like chawal , gehu , dal , and dark bengan colour. Only thing is this is only fueling more colour complexion.

As we progress Instead decreasing this perception and outlook, it is growing more and more . i think this grew proportionately with growth of cosmetic industry and show business. Who in fact use all these faces to promote more fairness product the end result we want dream girl like kat or ash and girl want to be look like kat or ash. Infact bollywood inspire and influence fashion , look etc. I doubt a Kajol look alike can succeed even now. My childhood crush was kajol so also i found many on that time but now same dusky bengan became white rice.😆

Edited by Bazigar - 9 years ago
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Bazigar

Endless debate of self denial , It is not necessary to drag all these desh prem as no one fighting a battle at border , when the issue is altogether a different on issue of skin colour . Bash as much u like as to Ms. pinto and show ur desh premi . Regarding outlook all south Asian  are same. Eg. lets count how many fans we have for say nandita/ smita/sabna/konkan etc. in this forum ( tag as dream girl not on acting )

1. Out of many criteria in marriage ( no one saying its ONLY criteria ) , girl should be fair complexion. Tide dhulai safedi nahi toh rice type , rice nahi toh wheat type , even red rose chalega ,say no to dark rose  If u r still self denial then search some matrimonial advertisement .

2. Out of many criteria for a commercial heroine ( no one saying its ONLY criteria ) , she should be fair .  For evey Elli , lily, silly there are many example of kat, kareena, etc. etc. ( Its futile to expect a 100% success rate ) Or else resort to put a wall paint and Photoshop like deepika , sonam etc. No one caring how they look in their real life.

3. It is easy to drag the example of hero to justify criteria for heroine but a hero need not be having white look . In fact if he looks pure white we audience ourselves will reject him. There are many reason on this like we want to relate with the star. he should look like us only ( may be a little different 😆)  and he should be handsome for girls  . Another example just like in south movies a pot belly cheeranjivi chalega but the heroine should be white even nagama can fit, a Dhanush can be superhero but the heroine should be shruti hassan.

When a star try to emulate six pack ab it is not because he have to prove anything its more because they try to relate with youth with a healthy and muscle body with a botax face. Or else imagine how we will look, after we touch 50 years. There is a reason why AK , SRK, AK,  SK who show off their 6 pack where as earlier they show off their cockroach body even in fight scenes  .

4. I found its amusing through this forum that more than we droll over fair face , girl themselves droll over them . They droll more on Ash, kat, jack, elli , lilly silly etc. or painted face of deepika , sonam etc. When girls themselves degrade their own species on the basis of colour then why expect from us.

Imagine a pair of Salman and Nandita das instead of ash in HDDCS where Salman wooing her like a dream girl singing chand chupa badal main  . I am sure the awaz of fan will be why salman why , u can take us as heroine. 😆

5. There is nothing issue when we stereotype dream girl aka heroine as fair or forget heroine even the back ground dancer. But the issue is majority of women and girl were dark or wheatish complexion  and through this they look down upon their own species. Baring northern part like delhi  etc. in all other places there is very less population look like tide dhulai more look like chawal , gehu , dal , and dark bengan colour. Only thing is this is only fueling more colour complexion.

As we progress Instead decreasing this perception and outlook, it is growing more and more . i think this grew proportionately with growth of cosmetic industry and show business. Who in fact use all these faces to promote more fairness product the end result we want dream girl like kat or ash and girl want to be look like kat or ash. Infact bollywood inspire and influence fashion , look etc. I doubt a Kajol look alike can succeed even now. My childhood crush was kajol so also i found many on that time but now same dusky bengan became white rice.😆

good luck not getting torn down to shreds over here 😆

but 👏👏