Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
yet to read the comments thought will pen it down while Nisha is writing her next ..

Lost in Paris
The first half was very breezy lazy and i kept thinking what next.. of course he wont show up at 3 and she will leave :-)

All of us have our lost cell phone story mine is 9 years back in Boston instead of taking I95 south i took north meant landed in downtown boston ... u dont want to do that without gps :-).
This was after an Italian class .. we were planning a trip to Italy then and i was switching jobs and about to start graduate school.
I didnt carry my cell phone and it was 10 pm no sign of me cause i am driving in circles .. my husband all panicky about to call cops but in downtown i stopped my car after seeing an indian restaurant and then called home.
Finally reached home after my husband spoke to the owner and made sure i had the directions and that guy fed me .
Reached home ,nothing happened we watched david letterman on NBC i slept he didnt and then starting next day every single day to this he charges my phone and puts it inside my bag πŸ˜†πŸ˜† when he travels my son does it πŸ˜† i DONT like cell phones -- i used it max on this skiing trip thanks to Sosy πŸ˜†
I am sure Nisha has something up the sleeve..
Folks have had bad experiences with people in Paris i had quite the opposite i found them laid back and cool.. felt paris was like this melting point of so many people asians,africans,middleeasterners ..
so many srilankans actually and every train ride folks would tell us what we can do..
So maybe II will find a good person and be safe ..patha nahi kya hoga

Cant wait for the next update..ok now tell me when am i not πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I remember my mom got separated from inside the Vatican. It was crowded and we were each walking at our own pace, reading about the popes. We panicked and went round and round the place looking for her. She does not get out of the house much so we were worried. Finally, there she was standing at the exit gate next to the security guard, having smartly thought that we anyway have to come out of that gate! πŸ˜† 
arshi21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I can only imagine how worried and angry raman will get! waiting to read that..
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: EnVee

I remember my mom got separated from inside the Vatican. It was crowded and we were each walking at our own pace, reading about the popes. We panicked and went round and round the place looking for her. She does not get out of the house much so we were worried. Finally, there she was standing at the exit gate next to the security guard, having smartly thought that we anyway have to come out of that gate! πŸ˜† 

Dude, my mom does that only whenever we get lost πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
RomComFan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Nisha, what a lovely Parisan adventure... your description of the city is so vivid and romantic- certainly makes me want to go back.  It seems we are visiting more II's Paris with all the classic romantic notions and less R&B's. I love the childishness and innocence that this whole experience is bringing about in her, and especially the way he is reacting to and handling it.

She may be enjoying Paris, but he is definitely enjoying her enjoying Paris.. and I have a feeling that would remain true whether or not Paris was 'home' for him. One this is clear though... as much as she is in awe of him, he is in awe of her- and the way you bring those aspects out  is just beautiful.

Loved Appah's email- and R&B's thought in reference ...  he  really knows his FIL.  And finally, now... being lost in Paris- the notion is somewhat romantic but the reality is terrifying and I can't wait  for the confrontation.   I'm sure they are both spoiling for a good fight anyway... πŸ˜›
Wings-of-Fire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I'm behind but catching up.

He's balcony resembles Aishwarya's Cannes hotel balconies and he makes pasta? Hmm.. I like him a little more now.

P.S. The distance between him and II can't be 5 or 6 feet when they are holding hands. According to height- wingspan ratio, his hands should be 28-29 inches and II's even less. So not possible to cover 60 inches between them while 10 of those inches are gone trying to hold hands!
Edited by Wings-of-Fire - 9 years ago
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashu25

Asma!!!! How do u use such brilliant expressions?!?!?!?

Hey Ashu! You are so sweet ...
Ashu RnB, II ( matlab Nisha) aur app Saab ka pyaar likhvata hai..
Can't wait for the next updt .. 😳
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wings-of-Fire

I'm behind but catching up.

He's balcony resembles Aishwarya's Cannes hotel balconies and he makes pasta? Hmm.. I like him a little more now.

P.S. The distance between him and II can't be 5 or 6 feet when they are holding hands. According to height- wingspan ration, his hands should be 28-29 inches and II's even less. So not possible to cover 60 inches between them while 10 of those inches are gone trying to hold hands!

😳 πŸ‘
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Fear & Misery

In her confusion of having arrived at a wrong station yet again she had walked out of the
station and rapidly walked letting her mind figure out what she should be doing next. She had a two week pass to Metro and RER, the ticket counters were closed
Chatelet was the nearest hub, she had no idea when the last train service was. And THOSE were the thoughts of her rational logical mature
28 year old brain that had travelled overseas to study 4 trips? in 2.5 years for M.S?

She was alone in what seemed like a town with a Castle of some sort and not much humanity, since (Vincennes tours must end at 5 or 6?)..
she didnt know what time it was, what town or what castle it was either...
She could go back and take the next train from the exact spot... or did she have to walk the cross bridge? and take the one from the other direction? She did that didnt she? at Chatelet?
And yet ended up taking the one going AWAY from Champ Elysses...
she walked on Ave Daumesnil... it was not empty or scary but there were no buildings on either side, only lush green

She tried turning on her phone, no luck... she still had 500 EUR tho...
she didnt know what his Paris number was, she tried to recall his India number, and couldnt recall it fully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thats when the first tears came... she stopped a passerby to ask what time it was,
the guy checked his watch and spoke in French, she had no idea if he said 7 or 8 or 9. She sat in a quiet corner of a side walk and cried holding her face in her palms

She was reminded of D II of Selvi's evening dish washing visit, or the press waala returning ironed clothes and being quizzed by her

Amma shouting at her "Why do u have to interview him ever week?" "Paavam leave him alone"
Shravu would come unexpectedly if Akka tried out a new recipe, Athim would bring it, they would play a game of Mario together on her cozy bed
Amma would serve Akka's culinary creation ON THE BED

She was reminded of Rakshasan next... "i was only trying to be independent and go shopping I SWEAR I WAS... I SWEAR"
"I talked to Akka and listened to Sooryan FM all afternoon didnt know when my battery died"
"Kochukkaade da" (dont be mad please kanna) He was FURIOUS when she ran away to Suman's bro's in laws'
"I am suddenly empathetic towards emporors that used offbeat tactics to subdue captives" he had hissed in her ear
crushing her on the bed as she had writhed in cold and torment induced agony
His face came into vision... how they made love last night...  when he had gently lifted her and placed her on her side getting off the bed

"Pohaade da" she had begged..."shhh" "shhh" he had soothed her, patting her head "I promise ASAP" he had begged, kissing her neck with the now familiar bristle
He had taken his things and gone off to the other bathroom
The thought of never seeing him again, caused a stinging pain at the pit of her stomach so physical she held her lower belly, it snaked up to her chest... to her already racing heart
and it began to pound more like a window left open in a storm
She felt like throwing up in fear...
BAD IDEA II... HOW COULD YOU LEAVE HOME WITH YOUR INDIA CELL PHONE?
HOW WILL YOU HAVE CALLED HIM?
DID U EVEN ASK HIM? OR TELL HIM U WERE GOING?
HE COULD HAVE TOLD YOU WHICH DIRECTION THE METRO SHOULD BE
YOU DO NOT KNOW WHICH STATION COMES BEFORE WHICH ONE COMES AFTER
NOW YOU ARE IN A REMOTE CASTLE TOWN HAVING NO CLUE HOW TO GET HOME

HOME...

She began to hyper ventilate when she realized she didnt remember the name of the station closest to home... if she wanted to get a cab how will she tell him WHERE she needs to go
She didnt see any cabs any where on the street... IDIOT!! In India there are autos on the street not cabs, people know of a number to call to hire one
She turned began to walk purposefully thinking she was retracing her steps to the Metro station, crying along the way... not realizing she had reached the end point of the Metro system and
would have to take an RER train to get back into town if she walked any farther from this point on

~~~~~~~

He got as fast as he could fighting the rush hour traffic debating if he should take a cab, or Metro... pacing the street for a couple minutes
"Maybe she took the phone with her and put it in her purse? she is busy shopping or listening to music she didnt hear it? Maybe she didnt even leave home, its ringing in the bathroom and she is asleep?
He called the land line... it rang 11 times and went to his voice mail
SO... she was not home, she had her phone but was not answering? or didnt carry it left home without it? Why? It was right there by her Disney princess battery operated tooth brush
(Shravu's gift for her Bday... prank? real? who knows, she had said "MYOB" when he had smirked looking at it at Malcha Marg)
She drove him INSANE... in every way... not one not many but EVERY GODDAMN WAY
In bed, and outside of it.

Unless she didnt brush? is she still in bed? WHY would she still be in bed

There was a clogged artery right outside work so he ditched the idea of the cab and sprinted to the Metro station... in a terrible 45-50 minutes he was home, he got off the elevator and
"II" he called once... twice... the living room looked neat, organized... he had left it a mess this morning
She had cut some flowers and placed in water in a flat square 4 in bowl... they floated like multicolored discs...
there were flowers in every room some in tall glasses... there was a wine bottle with two stalks of the orange flower from the bedroom balcony... AN INCH FROM THE CELL PHONE😑

She was not home!!!

He paced the kitchen, he saw a plate covered with a plate and a 6*8 Post It

"Tumhare frig mein kuch nahi hai... the only things outside were aloo, onions, and powdered bread crumbs WHICH GUY BUYS POWDERED BREAD CRUMBS? I HAVE NO USE FOR IT
EXCEPT... drum roll please... in making aloo tikki... BTW I tried to cut it out in the shape of a BOOK.. (DONT LAUGH DA!!) anyway one is shaped like a open book the others are plain triangles
(u can imagine whatever u want for those, seriya? (alright?)) Chutney kaise banati no pudina, no imli... so eat with ketchup (*giggle*)"
II

He lifted the lid and found a nice crispy toasted tikki like a torn book, his half smile came on... and then 4 triangles...
He bit into one triangle it tasted great...

A wrecking ball like thing struck his lower belly...  he set the 1/4th of uneaten tikki back on the plate...
wiped his hand off on a kitchen paper towel went out to the balcony and dialed her India number.
The phone was switched off
He walked back inside the house went to the bedroom... opened the chest of drawers and scanned, her cross body sling purse was missing, her phone was missing
Her clothes were intact... and so was her suitcases... PHEW!!!!
πŸ€—she hadnt left him😭

He poured himself some Bourbon and paced the bedroom yanked his orange tie...

He scanned his phone... he cant call Amma or Appa... Bally? Sam? Vandita? Was she talking to anyone this morning?
He left at 7... when did she wake up?
He brought his ipad out and went to skype... the last conversation was with Akka yesterday when she was making crepes.

He called her anyway... "Hi! Vandita"

"Arey R&B TUM? HAMARI YAAD KAISE AA GAYI?" she shrieked
"Good to talk to you also" he smiled weakly
"So are u ready to ship her home?" (has she driven u up the wall?)🀣 "Please yaar dont over night her... I want to enjoy my peace for another 3 or 5 days... please choose option 3-5 Standard OK?"

"Will do" he said... unable to respond to her sister's what seemed presently to him as tasteless humor.

"She is a handful. I am just praying my next is not like her. While I pray I also send a prayer YOUR FIRST is not like her"
Vandita laughed hysterically...

"I WANT every one of mine to be like her" he thought😭

"Kya chal raha hai?" she asked

"Umm... just saying hi!"

"She called me about aloo tikki this afternoon, why do you have bread crumbs but nothing much else?" Vandita was amused

"I toss chicken in it and deep fry" he said NOT wanting to talk about recipes right now

"Please be kind if u hate it huh? she is like a devil... if she is quiet she destroys something... I am guessing in honeymoon it will be your belly"

"Noted" he said

"Also... ask her not to shop too much, otherwise Amma will kill her"  Vandu said cheerfully

"Hmm" he said

"I forgot its the dude that doesnt speak" she giggled

"Take care Vandita" he said

"U too sweetie" she said
"Where is Shravu?" he asked

"Neeche gali cricket, uski chithi is trying to make him Federer  he wants to be Sachin" laughing hanging up

He Googled "report missing person in Paris"

He was told to dial 17...
He went to the living room balcony and scanned the street below hoping frantically she would appear like magic

~~~~~~

Wings-of-Fire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Sorry for the geek rant! 😳
Edited by Wings-of-Fire - 9 years ago