Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aamir18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi renee.bee! 
Thank you so much for leaving this absolutely amazing comment on my FF. It's such a great experience to read different perspectives and understand different mindsets. 

Here's my answer about Khushi: 

I'm molding her off me πŸ˜†

So, I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but before IPK started I was in a really debilitating relationship (and I've gotten the concept for Serendipity from the same). When the guy dumped me, it was almost like shattering to begin all over again. And when I had to pick up the broken pieces, I realized that there were parts of me that I wanted to retain and parts I didn't mind sacrificing. 

I used to think sex before marriage was a huge crime. I don't think that anymore. 
I used to think women who wore short clothes were "s**ts". I don't think that anymore. 
I used to avoid pork like the plague. I tried a little bit of bacon and I loved it. 
I used to think alcohol was for men and low class women. I think beer is fantastic! 

So the way I'm changing Khushi is actually molded off the way I've matured as well. 

And I wouldn't overthink the meat part too much. When you move to the United States, surviving as a vegetarian becomes exceptionally difficult. I guess (like me) Khushi decides to be religious without following a doctrine. 

Khushi's opened up her palate, but the essential morals that are the same. She's kind. She's giving. She's loving and spiritual. Don't give up on Khushi just yet! πŸ˜Š And please, don't think Tarang has something to do with the change! πŸ˜† He's letting her conduct her own train, and just joining in for the ride πŸ˜³

Originally posted by: renee.bee

This story is so  fabulous.

Its stortline makes it interesting.
However why is Arnav stooping low.
I m sorry bt its seems in an effort to potray Tarang as a great loving husband Arnav is looking like some side kick n no different frm snake going after a married woman.

Honestly if Tarang thinks khushi changed coz of Arnav n his brutality. Khushi changed coz thts wht she always wanted to be.
He meant khushi wanted to drink alcohol n eat meat which was so against hers beliefs then he has managed to show khushi has a hypocrite and fake.

Seriously the khushi who preached la n had beliefs in god dint eat non veg or drink wanted to do all tht was which wasnt khushi then Tarang proved khushi as a liar who lied abt being religious n strong beliefs which got changed coz Arnav treated her like shit.

Tho it termed Arnav as a lunatic as much as Arnav behaved with khushi or called her names he dint try to change her or her beliefs.
So I agree with Arnav people dont change just like tht. 
Yes if khushi wanted to be modern its ok why did she hve to eat non veg which doesn't hve any connection to religion bt beliefs she changed tht for Arnav seems ridiculous.

Honestly why is Arnav even wanting khushi she's no longer the girl she was bt a polished fake version of tht girl who has changed herself when an opportunity presented itself. She pretended to be an innocent n cultured girl all the time till she came to US or rather to Tarang is whatTarangs contention is. He means khushi cudnt be herself wear modern clothes drink eat non veg n be bold which she always wanted n she got the freedom to be tht only after he came in her life 

Tarang can have her. The more I read this I feel there is no Arshi here. Where is this heading. Arnav n Khushi are not the same they both are beyond recognition.  ASR has an ego he wudnt bend before anyone leave alone go shamelessly uninvited where he's nt needed. If he was ASR he wud fight Tarang or Khushi not manipulate kids. Please dont butcher his character so much  n make him look like snake.

Sorry i feel i m bashing khushi bt she changed her look n become smart bt changing the core beliefs like eating non veg may seem ok bt it doesnt sit well tht person wud change everything bt no do something so against their beliefs n faith. ( I m a veg n I wudnt eat non veg just to fit in or coz life had been harsh on me even if i do get upset for whts hppnd n I m not even so rooted in traditions n beliefs like khushis character was yet it seems blasphemous for me to even think abt it so how n wht made khushi change tht is what I cant get ) 

Isnt that Arnav on d show had said when she agreed to drink wine to please him n he said he wudnt wanted her to do anything against her beliefs.  

So if khushi has changed its coz she was trying to please Tarang n tht shows she has lost her individuality n Tarang dint even know how strong her beliefs were n he dint stop her.
If she dint do it for Tarang bt prove herself to be so modern thn she was hypocrite. Why dint Tarang respect her for who she was n made her change so much tht she's lost her real self if she was real at all.

The old khushi wudnt give in and succumb to pressure even infront of ASR no matter how tough it was. Tht quality of khushi of being self confident n her individuality has lost n if Arnav is too be blamed for then it also means khushi thinks by doing things she wudnt do she's proving herself strong then she's so wrong.

I Guess she doesn't believe in DM if she did she wudnt defy all her beliefs on path of so called self discovery. 

If I hurt you I m sorry bt we all feel so strongly bt arshi n here tho I m liking khushi rebuilding her life being independent bt she's losing her essence n Arnav being shown so negative of late is not giving any hope of Arshi reunion n  if this is going to continue where Arnav goes frm bad to worse it makes it even more difficult to see Arnav in such bad light.

Finally the last line was really funny n Arnav cringed if she's his daughter he better know how to behave like a father.

When will Arnav redeem himself or  even if khushi accepts him which is impossible what happens to the 2 cutie pies. I read a comment tht they are Arnav bt how it dont say so its had me wondering how on earth the 2nd one is Arnav's. 

Omg too long a comment I got carried away. I dont like women changing themselves to please others. 

Edited by aamir18 - 9 years ago
ifsaal044 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: renee.bee

This story is so  fabulous.

Its stortline makes it interesting.
However why is Arnav stooping low.
I m sorry bt its seems in an effort to potray Tarang as a great loving husband Arnav is looking like some side kick n no different frm snake going after a married woman.

Honestly if Tarang thinks khushi changed coz of Arnav n his brutality. Khushi changed coz thts wht she always wanted to be.
He meant khushi wanted to drink alcohol n eat meat which was so against hers beliefs then he has managed to show khushi has a hypocrite and fake.

Seriously the khushi who preached la n had beliefs in god dint eat non veg or drink wanted to do all tht was which wasnt khushi then Tarang proved khushi as a liar who lied abt being religious n strong beliefs which got changed coz Arnav treated her like shit.

Tho it termed Arnav as a lunatic as much as Arnav behaved with khushi or called her names he dint try to change her or her beliefs.
So I agree with Arnav people dont change just like tht. 
Yes if khushi wanted to be modern its ok why did she hve to eat non veg which doesn't hve any connection to religion bt beliefs she changed tht for Arnav seems ridiculous.

Honestly why is Arnav even wanting khushi she's no longer the girl she was bt a polished fake version of tht girl who has changed herself when an opportunity presented itself. She pretended to be an innocent n cultured girl all the time till she came to US or rather to Tarang is whatTarangs contention is. He means khushi cudnt be herself wear modern clothes drink eat non veg n be bold which she always wanted n she got the freedom to be tht only after he came in her life 

Tarang can have her. The more I read this I feel there is no Arshi here. Where is this heading. Arnav n Khushi are not the same they both are beyond recognition.  ASR has an ego he wudnt bend before anyone leave alone go shamelessly uninvited where he's nt needed. If he was ASR he wud fight Tarang or Khushi not manipulate kids. Please dont butcher his character so much  n make him look like snake.

Sorry i feel i m bashing khushi bt she changed her look n become smart bt changing the core beliefs like eating non veg may seem ok bt it doesnt sit well tht person wud change everything bt no do something so against their beliefs n faith. ( I m a veg n I wudnt eat non veg just to fit in or coz life had been harsh on me even if i do get upset for whts hppnd n I m not even so rooted in traditions n beliefs like khushis character was yet it seems blasphemous for me to even think abt it so how n wht made khushi change tht is what I cant get ) 

Isnt that Arnav on d show had said when she agreed to drink wine to please him n he said he wudnt wanted her to do anything against her beliefs.  

So if khushi has changed its coz she was trying to please Tarang n tht shows she has lost her individuality n Tarang dint even know how strong her beliefs were n he dint stop her.
If she dint do it for Tarang bt prove herself to be so modern thn she was hypocrite. Why dint Tarang respect her for who she was n made her change so much tht she's lost her real self if she was real at all.

The old khushi wudnt give in and succumb to pressure even infront of ASR no matter how tough it was. Tht quality of khushi of being self confident n her individuality has lost n if Arnav is too be blamed for then it also means khushi thinks by doing things she wudnt do she's proving herself strong then she's so wrong.

I Guess she doesn't believe in DM if she did she wudnt defy all her beliefs on path of so called self discovery. 

If I hurt you I m sorry bt we all feel so strongly bt arshi n here tho I m liking khushi rebuilding her life being independent bt she's losing her essence n Arnav being shown so negative of late is not giving any hope of Arshi reunion n  if this is going to continue where Arnav goes frm bad to worse it makes it even more difficult to see Arnav in such bad light.

Finally the last line was really funny n Arnav cringed if she's his daughter he better know how to behave like a father.

When will Arnav redeem himself or  even if khushi accepts him which is impossible what happens to the 2 cutie pies. I read a comment tht they are Arnav bt how it dont say so its had me wondering how on earth the 2nd one is Arnav's. 

Omg too long a comment I got carried away. I dont like women changing themselves to please others. 

I was thinking along these lines too. But then, I thought maybe it was Khushi's adoptive parents that imposed these ideals on her. She maybe was always the person she is now. No doubt the company you keep will always transform you as their acceptance of your values and ideals formulates your stance on right or wrong.

You are questioning her non-veg?  What of her swimming in bikinis? Wasn't she the one saying she would never wear short dresses? And here she is swimming in front of numerous men that are staring at her getting their eyes fill. Where did that modesty go?

But then if you look back? She was pinning for Arnav even when he was with Lavanya. She questioned why he was going to kiss her on diwali and not considered the possibility it was because he thought it was wrong as he was with Lavanya. She had gotten her hopes up and then gotten her heart broke knowing Arnav was with Lavanya. For all intents and purposes she was the third wheel in that relationship while Lavanya was there. You almost can't blame Arnav for thinking the same triangle again between Shyam, Anjali and Khushi.

Yes, people mature and Khushi certainly learned not to be taken advantage of again. And certainly not after walking away from an emotional and physically abusive relationship. When people come out of such oppressive relationships, often the pendulum swings very hard the other way. It takes a while to not let what happened to no longer effect who you become while realizing your own self worth.

I think Arnav would have walked away from Khushi seeing her happy had he not seen his daughter.

addicted25 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Really Z, I dont know how you do it, studying and writing. Im loving this story so pleas dont give up on it, whenever you can please update and finish.

Ok I feel sorry for Tarung here, dammit why did she have to send, Shagun out with her order, now it looks like Arnav is right[;(], and Tarung doesnt know his wife at all. Why xant Arnav leave her alone, she is happy WITH her current life. I so want him to walk away after what he did to her. This is one Arhi FF thatmI'm not rooting for Arnav ...as yet. What is wrong with Tarung?
Oh God I can't see arnav like this...pagal ho gaya hai yeh aadmi pura.I think I will resume reading once he starts acting less delusional πŸ˜† ...nah kidding!
Won't be able to stop myself every time you update.Great chapter!
I am glad your views changed...about pre-marital sex, non veg, alcohol etc etc.Don't support or condemn any of these things, just don't think people who have pre marital sex or non veg or alcohol should be judged or their characters questioned.
I don't know what people want from your khushi..a more loving attitude towards the man who demeaned her so much?
snoopy84 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
great update the kids are real cute
addicted25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ifsaal044

I was thinking along these lines too. But then, I thought maybe it was Khushi's adoptive parents that imposed these ideals on her. She maybe was always the person she is now. No doubt the company you keep will always transform you as their acceptance of your values and ideals formulates your stance on right or wrong.

You are questioning her non-veg? What of her swimming in bikinis? Wasn't she the one saying she would never wear short dresses? And here she is swimming in front of numerous men that are staring at her getting their eyes fill. Where did that modesty go?

But then if you look back? She was pinning for Arnav even when he was with Lavanya. She questioned why he was going to kiss her on diwali and not considered the possibility it was because he thought it was wrong as he was with Lavanya. She had gotten her hopes up and then gotten her heart broke knowing Arnav was with Lavanya. For all intents and purposes she was the third wheel in that relationship while Lavanya was there. You almost can't blame Arnav for thinking the same triangle again between Shyam, Anjali and Khushi.

Yes, people mature and Khushi certainly learned not to be taken advantage of again. And certainly not after walking away from an emotional and physically abusive relationship. When people come out of such oppressive relationships, often the pendulum swings very hard the other way. It takes a while to not let what happened to no longer effect who you become while realizing your own self worth.

I think Arnav would have walked away from Khushi seeing her happy had he not seen his daughter.

πŸ˜²

Ladies, in this story... Khushi has been so ill treated by this Arnav, she may have given upon her beliefs, after all what did they get her? A relationship which almost killed her, her beliefs and her happiness. She may have changed through time.She has had two kids, and I hate to say the western doctors dont think a vegetarian diet is suitable for pregnant women. I know my doc in the uk doesnt. So maybe Tarung convinced her its ok. I know lots of uk NRIs who eat meat, although they were brought up a vegetarian.. As to her wearing a bikini, once you have had kids and have no choice in showing all your bits in front of the nurses and male docs, you tend to loose your inhibitions. I think we will have to wait and see what happens. As for comparing the show characters with this story, I never felt Arnav had a bad bone in him, he would never want to see her unhappy but this Arnav treated her so badly that even her love for him was lost. So why should she go back to him?
ifsaal044 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Just in case I didn't word my comment adequately, I am enjoying this story immensely. I just have no clue how Arshi would ever reunite under these circumstances. Arnav didn't seem to be in love with Khushi while they were married. And any love Khushi had was long gone when she started feeling for Tarang. Which is okay as people do fall out of love with each other all the time.
Greyasr thumbnail
Lovely,. But keep them coming on faster
Downhill thumbnail
simply amazing
loved it
Aryancha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wonderful start to their conversation..Children talking about their friend and entry of ASR.. Now m wondering has Khushi really changed or did she do all these only to suppress her feelings for Arnav and become an entirely different person? She sent Kinara to say her order..Did she listen to them fighting? Waiting for an early and a long update!!πŸ˜›πŸ˜Š