Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hsp.canada thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Ranu1234

never heard of catholic fat tuesday ! wow i just googled we dont do all this in our office its only christmas potluck.. i make kootu too not the cucumber one will try it.
pretty neat u get to celebrate .. here we do the basic ones , my colleagues get me sevaiya and a jewish cookie for hanukkah...
I have a goal of loosing 10 pounds before spring very difficult so am going to try salads for 2 lunches will see how long it lasts πŸ˜†

Good for you to pig out, I have been doing it since i started reading SoSy πŸ˜› I keep drinking tea nd then i binge on eating cookies, God! I need to lose 5 lbs now. Today I finally hit the tread mill and just walked for 1.5 miles while reading comments. I have a house warming party at my place in April first week, I need to look for that πŸ˜‰. Last year for lent, I gave up sweets, it was tough but was able to do, giving my friend company as she is Catholic. I just do Navratri fast. Maybe I will give up cookies for lent, but phir meri chai ka kya hoga!!!πŸ˜•
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Anu
There are no Jews or Muslims or Asians at work
Fat Tuesday is the only thing I do besides Holiday party
and some random  event titled
"Its been too long since we did a potluck"

Anu try skipping dinner 
I have been for two weeks now dropped 3.5 lbs
I eat whatver until 5 Pm go home have chai and then done
After workout i eat a cup of subzi or carrots or two oranges and go to bed
The first week I was murderous Now i am OK

But with my morning filter coffee I stuff one entire pack of Parle Gluco like rickshaw walas at bus stops
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

Good for you to pig out, I have been doing it since i started reading SoSy πŸ˜› I keep drinking tea nd then i binge on eating cookies, God! I need to lose 5 lbs now. Today I finally hit the tread mill and just walked for 1.5 miles while reading comments. I have a house warming party at my place in April first week, I need to look for that πŸ˜‰. Last year for lent, I gave up sweets, it was tough but was able to do, giving my friend company as she is Catholic. I just do Navratri fast. Maybe I will give up cookies for lent, but phir meri chai ka kya hoga!!!πŸ˜•

there is this super cool app called myfitnesspal which can monitor our eating i know thoda too much but helps.. congrats on your new house...wow giving up sweet is wowπŸ‘ i love parle g with my chai
TanjoreGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Anu

There are no Jews or Muslims or Asians at work
Fat Tuesday is the only thing I do besides Holiday party
and some random  event titled
"Its been too long since we did a potluck"

Anu try skipping dinner 
I have been for two weeks now dropped 3.5 lbs
I eat whatver until 5 Pm go home have chai and then done
After workout i eat a cup of subzi or carrots or two oranges and go to bed
The first week I was murderous Now i am OK

But with my morning filter coffee I stuff one entire pack of Parle Gluco like rickshaw walas at bus stops

looks like our posts crossed ah ok i have tons here
"Its been too long since we did a potluck"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
skipping dinner is very hard -- i do 2 rotis + sabji but before 7.. see my problem is i dont workout every day.
I lost 15 pounds once when i did no rice , roti diet for weekday and playing 1 hour badminton5 days in the morning , then my partner got tennis elbow so now only weekends :-( once the weather improves i plan to start running. I think i am ok with food its the I hate the treadmill problem ..gosh now the parle connection πŸ˜ƒ
Hsp.canada thumbnail
I love eating parle-g, I am big cookie monster πŸ˜† but no chocolate chip for me, unless i make it.
As a kid i always said that I will marry a baker but I married a banker. (Goes to my show my spellings always sucked πŸ˜†πŸ˜†) Will download the app. I have lost all the weight but i need to tone my body now.Thanks for the house, moved to the boonies from the city. It all white town, just saw one Indian mom in the school so far.  Big change but getting settled.

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Anu  I was 170 plus two years ago
Weve had a Y membership for 16 years... have no clue whats upstairs no i am not kidding
Two years ago the day after Pongal I went up after dropping my 5 yr old off at swim lesson and asked how to turn on a treadmill

THAT day on Ive been going EVERYDAY EVERYDAY
Rain or snow or shine for an hour same machine same setting same views of the pool downstairs

Elevation at 15 speed 3.1mile its a Matrix
its the only one i know how to use
kills 678 in an hr

I hate it just as much as i did that first day
Its the slowest hour of my life
Until i startdd writing SW Symph
Hsp.canada thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ranu1234

looks like our posts crossed ah ok i have tons here
"Its been too long since we did a potluck"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
skipping dinner is very hard -- i do 2 rotis + sabji but before 7.. see my problem is i dont workout every day.
I lost 15 pounds once when i did no rice , roti diet for weekday and playing 1 hour badminton5 days in the morning , then my partner got tennis elbow so now only weekends :-( once the weather improves i plan to start running. I think i am ok with food its the I hate the treadmill problem ..gosh now the parle connection πŸ˜ƒ

I lost weight as I was one of the soccer aides to the coach i(n my sons class). Chasing the 5 years old on feild helped the most. I would love to play badminton. Havent done since I left school. Now we have parle-g connection too...πŸ˜†
cool_arpana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Great going Nisha...
6 topics of this wonderful taleπŸ‘
TanjoreGirl thumbnail

Weve had a Y membership for 16 years... have no clue whats upstairs no i am not kidding
Two years ago the day after Pongal I went up after dropping my 5 yr old off at swim lesson and asked how to turn on a treadmill

Rain or snow or shine for an hour same machine same setting same views of the pool downstairs

kills 678 in an hr

ok i am u 2 years back regarding the treadmill just cant do it..may be will get inspired one of these days.. i can do zumba,badminton,walking but not the dreadmill but i know running on that will help me loose.
I have reached a point where my middle school son finds me cute 😭!!! and on snow days feels i am his walking talking teddy bear πŸ˜­πŸ˜† meanie head , i am not fat but right now my bmi may be tilting from normal for sure doesnt help that i LOVE sweets !!!
Hsp.canada thumbnail

kills 678 in an hr

Wow! 678 Cal/hr ... my goal is to walk/run  2.5 miles everyday. I dont care about the Cal count so much as I eat healthy most of the time, only chai & cookies and mithai during PMS πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I am back to my pre-wedding weight, happy about that, But i need to tone up. My friend keeps saying Hot-yoga but its a commitment issue. You are inspring me to workout now,😊