Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: nidhi.b23

serioulsy yaar junk food is a bane...n in my case eating at odd times...see its 1:30am in india and im still awake...had dinner at 11 coz came from office at 10:30..ho gayi mujse diet toh...

upar se aapke SS ne pagal bana diya hain...even if i sleep at 2 i wake up at 6-7 am just to read the update..

but yes u have inspired me to multitask..can't write so bfully like you but yeah weight loss abhiyan toh chalana padega...

chalo nidhi you and me shall start our quest !!!! hmnn u are leading the life of II working hard !
nidhi.b23 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
writing comments after so many days is just like completing your long due homework..so much in mind but nothing on paper..
aur abhi to bakio ke comments bhi padne hain.. i think someone mentioned their love stories...poora reverse jana padega...
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nidhi there is no easy way unfortunately. No I don't want to sound vain like Bollywood leading ladies when I say that. There is no quick fix. I can easily eat 6 gulabmuns or a pound of gajar halwa without batting an eyelid. I make 5 sweets and 5 namkeens for Diwali I singlehandedly eat all the sweets (whatever remains after exchanging with 10 families)

When I go to Desi parties I START at dessert and work my way backwards, I don care one bit for namkeen or real food. I eat the biggest slice of cake at the office Bdays.
IT ALL ADDS UP. It really does. Those that say they love something are usually faking it like I said, cause if you love it you will eat it
I would eat my kids' Halloween candy half the bin you know... over three or so weeks

You cannot eat one or two aloo paranthas with butter at breakfast, 3 phulkas at lunch and a full dinner and stay 80 lbs have a samosa and chai and jalebis after work
, whoever is telling you that is probably going to the restroom and gagging it all out without your knowledge like a bulimic

I seriously gave up sweets to lose weight.
You have to burn more than you eat, in order to burn more than 500 you have to work out an hour. I am no authority, I have no clue how to do it right. I am a strict vegetarian, so have no diet choices for you. I do it crudely and unfashionably. I skip dinner and work out an hour, the last 10 or so lbs have been bothering me so I am going to try that

You HAVE TO SKIP a meal AND snacking in order to lose weight, those that say they don't are probably lying through their teeth don't believe them

I carefully observe vain narcissistic women in my town at Desi parties, they will refuse appetizers of any sorts, coz they are all usually fried...have a mountain of lettuce on their plate, a spoon of chholey NO NAAN, NO RICE, one piece of paneer, and stand there with it slowly eating their lettuce for two hours... refuse to eat the baby shower/birthday/housewarming cake, will never go near the dessert table at all
They will TALK about how they "ate all day" before coming to the party, and how hungry their kids make them...
Sab natakbaaz hain saali (to quote Mumbai underworld)
They will without fail compliment ALL the fat women... So that they can hear "U must be lying YOU look SO GORGEOUS"
And then they show their lettuce filled plate and go "See how I am pigging out"
I am like REALLY?

I just chalk it down to them being so insecure that they HAVE TO have something lacking in their lives in order to be that way
Id rather be a fat Mom of two that gets men to look at her because of her intelligence and sense of humor than being a bag of bones (You have to make your choice Nidhi and stick with it)
P.S. NO offence to millions of size zero angels out there I am only talking about my town, in middle of nowhere Amreeka

P.S. 2 Before some mean spirited person reports us for turning this into a Weight Watchers thread I will say
II is a size 10 or 12.. depending on how much Rakshasan torments her

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Nidhi there is no easy way unfortunately. No I don't want to sound vain like Bollywood leading ladies when I say that. There is no quick fix. I can easily eat 6 gulabmuns or a pound of gajar halwa without batting an eyelid. I make 5 sweets and 5 namkeens for Diwali I singlehandedly eat all the sweets (whatever remains after exchanging with 10 families)

When I go to Desi parties I START at dessert and work my way backwards, I don care one bit for namkeen or real food. I eat the biggest slice of cake at the office Bdays.
IT ALL ADDS UP. It really does. Those that say they love something are usually faking it like I said, cause if you love it you will eat it
I would eat my kids' Halloween candy half the bin you know... over three or so weeks

You cannot eat one or two aloo paranthas with butter at breakfast, 3 phulkas at lunch and a full dinner and stay 80 lbs have a samosa and chai and jalebis after work
, whoever is telling you that is probably going to the restroom and gagging it all out without your knowledge like a bulimic

You have to burn more than you eat, in order to burn more than 500 you have to work out an hour. I am no authority, I have no clue how to do it right. I am a strict vegetarian, so have no diet choices for you. I do it crudely and unfashionably. I skip dinner and work out an hour, the last 10 or so lbs have been bothering me so I am going to try that

You HAVE TO SKIP a meal AND snacking in order to lose weight, those that say they don't are probably lying through their teeth don't believe them

I carefully observe vain narcissistic women in my town at Desi parties, they will refuse appetizers of any sorts, coz they are all usually fried...have a mountain of lettuce on their plate, a spoon of chholey NO NAAN, NO RICE, one piece of paneer, and stand there with it slowly eating their lettuce for two hours... refuse to eat the baby shower/birthday/housewarming cake, will never go near the dessert table at all
They will TALK about how they "ate all day" before coming to the party, and how hungry their kids make them...
They will without fail compliment ALL the fat women... So that they can hear "U must be lying YOU look SO GORGEOUS"
I am like REALLY?

I just chalk it down to them being so insecure that they HAVE TO have something lacking in their lives in order to be that way
Id rather be a fat Mom of two that gets men to look at her because of her intelligence and sense of humor than being a bag of bones (You have to make your choice Nidhi and stick with it)
P.S. NO offence to millions of size zero angels out there I am only talking about my town, in middle of nowhere Amreeka

P.S. 2 Before some mean spirited person reports us for turning this into a Weight Watchers thread I will say

👏👏 perfect i am going to give up desserts i have managed to give up rice ..
and i thought II was this super thin lady no ?
 when i got married i was 88 pounds and i didnt know the word diet in my life..
nidhi.b23 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ranu1234

chalo nidhi you and me shall start our quest !!!! hmnn u are leading the life of II working hard !

except that II eat like a person returning from drought area and still manage to look ultra sexy..

yes lets start the quest..exercise and healthy eating...tough target...hopefully will achieve it..
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anu
For me giving up desserts was like someone telling me I cant see my kids every evening. Its a terrible awful punishment. But that's my greatest weakness so I have to give it up in order to make any real progress. I will never be 100 lbs or a size zero. Not one of my priorities in life. I want to stay alive to see my kids grow up
I was 118 lbs @ 5'5" when I got married...

being a size zero was never my goal in fact until 5 or so years ago I didn't even know what a size zero was. I avoid the "health nuts" at every party like they will give me plague.
Id rather have my epitaph read
"She LIVED, laughed and made people laugh"

Rather than

"She was bitter and cranky (because of constantly being hungry) and vain, BUT A SIZE ZERO"
nidhi.b23 thumbnail

I am like REALLY?

Bravo nisha...aptly written..i also hate these kind of people...they eat like small birds and then behave as if they eaten 10 logo ka khana...

i managed to loose weight some time back with good control on food and exercise but change in job and city led to square one...and now after putting 12 hrs in office i really dont want to do anything...

but yes have to start  planning my day..exercise and diet...i don't like sweet that much so that's a good thing (but love gazar ka halwa)...

chalo u have motivated me today.i will surely do something about it..and sleep on right time too...

ciao nisha..good night...will wake up to a hot and awesome update...
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Nidhi,
One last thought, I find more dishonest Desis than dishonest goras when it comes to weight/fitness. In my almost 20 years in this country

The totally fit healthy eating goras will tell me on MY FACE "Oh no! I will pass the dessert,
Oh! No I wont eat any chips,
Oh! No, I ate too much at Thanksgiving I have to skip dinner for a month.
If I didn't run 15 miles a week I would be 200 lbs.
If I didn't burn 1000 calories a day I would be extremely obese.
I eat greens like a cow, I hate it but do it nevertheless because I WANT to appear fit..
I only eat 500 calories a day. I only live on protein shakes.
I haven't eaten a real meal in a year"
Full points to them for honesty

Its the Desis that I find to be complete phonies, they will starve themselves to death, constantly fish for compliments by asking people if they look "fat", are extremely insecure, and pathological liars.
Again,
I STRICTLY base my opinions on my sample set alone.
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
thanks nisha for the pep talk on how to go about it.. i am going to try..
so can we expect our bday update at 5 IST or 7.30 EST?
TanjoreGirl thumbnail

Nidhi,
One last thought, I find more dishonest Desis than dishonest goras when it comes to weight/fitness. In my almost 20 years in this country

The totally fit healthy eating goras will tell me on MY FACE "Oh no! I will pass the dessert,
Oh! No I wont eat any chips,
Oh! No, I ate too much at Thanksgiving I have to skip dinner for a month.
If I didn't run 15 miles a week I would be 200 lbs.
If I didn't burn 1000 calories a day I would be extremely obese.
I eat greens like a cow, I hate it but do it nevertheless because I WANT to appear fit..
I only eat 500 calories a day. I only live on protein shakes.
I haven't eaten a real meal in a year"
Full points to them for honesty

Its the Desis that I find to be complete phonies, they will starve themselves to death, constantly fish for compliments by asking people if they look "fat", are extremely insecure, and pathological liars.
Again,
I STRICTLY base my opinions on my sample set alone.

yes yes and yes i know a desi who ran a half marathon and didnt tell me, i honestly dont  care at all and then when i found out she says her friend signed her up for it and she just ran without prep .. like seriously 😆🤣 and the funny part was she was complaining and i am suggesting zumba,badminton 😆😆
Edited by Ranu1234 - 9 years ago