Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hsp.canada thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Wow! I stepped out to do some real life work and I come back to a big leap from page 61-69. 
God you girls are amazing & goofy. some of the comments are super fuuny!
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ashu9

Dude.. I had to re.. Paavam Nisha.. I could trouble her so much.. M named Nachu kumari already.. Really??? Ok.. Why is everyone older than me here 😆 😆
Excuse my typos yaar.. I meant" I Told you all"
Awww... Thanks so much for those appreciative words!! Really feels nice 😃

i dont think everyone is older than you here and to read Sosy age doesnt matter,   i thought i already told you loud and clear yesterday that i am older and <25 is a bacha for me 😆 and by US standard I am  very very young
and the reason i asked what tofl means is because my 11 year son uses these random abbreviations i have no clue so i honestly thought it was some short form of some IM lingo ,like I dont understand what LI means :-)

SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: deernav

She didnt want to go home tonight... for the first time in 27 years she wanted to stay, the only place outside of Madurai and Akka's...

Oh my god..
That was so so real..that yearning to be wit the person u love or the one you are engaged to..its so real
You wanna stay there see how he eats sleeps..wat kind of clothes he wears to bed..does he turn too often or lays still while sleeping..the feeling of him being under d same roof as you during a night..all this gives goosebumps to u when during courtship n its the best feeling under the sun..i m scared all this will disappear once they are married..its so difficult to keep the flames burning high and bright..i so wish they jus stay lik this dating..no marriage..no live-in..just this way..

Sorry for my rantings Nisha

Oh I don't think so deernav... the equation does change post marriage... but the excitement factor is completely at the hands of the couple ... I mean do they  want to simply go through the motions or do they want to really live it out .. it's in their hands... don't know if I'm  making sense to you...but  if romance ended with the wedding wows we wouldn't have so many of us much married , 15+ yrs & more,   holding on to this tale 😊

while we see R&B II courtship as an awww phase now.. .  their married life will be nothing short of a thriller   - that  Nisha will pull through with great panache

this tale is not ending soon... 

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mid Morning naps & Muhurta Naal (also referred to as Auspicious Day in Tamil😳)

Amma made coffee for all surprised II was up, she sat in Periappa's room cross legged and sang after the nurse left, for an hour, she didnt sing in the prayer/shrine area  during "those" days of the month, respecting Iyer traditions and rituals, she usually sang in the study or the BIL's room

in utter concentration... helped him up, fed him coffee, sorted through his clothes closet.. he had things from the times 
when he was younger and a little OK cognitively, there was a pair of glasses, watch a wallet... and some old Tamil books he would attempt to read...😭

she asked Amma if she should help with lunch, Amma asked her to chop veggies, she did, 
Appa went off to do pooja... she didn't call Akka, today from the swing, went to read the newspaper 
on her bed and napped, until 1 , when Akka called Amma told her she was up from 5 -9 and then went for a nap, Akka thought it was strange too

"Paavam Ma she is struggling" Vandu said😳
"What can I do? Appa is not agreeing"😭
"Chee paavam ma adu, she probably wants to see him every day and be with him every day she is not telling us"😳
"HE seems to be OK" an upset Amma complained😡
"Ayyo Ma, if he shows up at the door asking to take her out, Appa anuppuvala? 😡
He is being respectful, he came and asked Appa, then Sam invited you guys, weve matched the horoscopes at both ends, he made himself available one entire day for Appa's sake to answer questions, 
invited him for lunch, namba ipdi pidivadam pidicha (if we act stubborn like kids) adugal rendum china vayasu yet they are so mature, they are so young" Vandu said😡

"Hmmm"😕

"Avan ange he must be thinking of her, idu paavam inge toonga mudiyama kashta pattindu irukku, she is struggling to get a good night's sleep" Vandu said😳

"Samyukta wants to know if she can come over" Amma said😲
"WHY DIDNT U TELL ME?' Vandu yelled😡

"Appa told me this morning only" Amma said guiltily

"SO? is she coming? I want to be there" Firmly😡

"Appa sat down for pooja without responding to her text"😭

"HOW RUDE MA"😡

"what do u want me to do? I am caught between YOU and Appa" Amma was damn irritated😡😭

"U asked me not to tell her because she will become hopeful I didn't even tell her Appa went to have lunch with him on Thursday"😭

"What to do?" Amma ranted

"Now Appa acts like Samyukta doesn't exist?" Vandu asked blistering😡

Amma was quiet

"Avan kalyanam pannindu avala anuppave maatan I can guarantee you. Appa is just blowing whatever little respect that man has for him. If he continues to delay it, avan oru half hour kooda anuppa maatan, he will not send her to D II" vandu said

"How can he control her?' Amma argued childishly

"She wont leave him and come, nee paathukko, just watch"

"You guys just delay it, one day he will just take her from the office and go get married to her, Ishita is patient and bayanda swabhavam, fearful she is, avan seriyana rakshasan, seriya vecha per aval..." Vandu threatened "Enna koopta na po poren, neeyum appavum Madurai Tanjore nu kavala patindu irungo" ( I PLAN TO GO TO THEIR WEDDING U and Appa worry about what distant relatives will say in Madurai and tanjore)😡

"Thursday she went to see him, came home at 11:00 I didn't say anything"😡 "She looked happy and content when she returned, she didn't look scared or worried about Appa" Amma said accusingly

"I spoke to her at  the office on Thursday. Paavam tired and irritated aa irunda, she sounded worn out, avanoda 4 hours irunduttu vandadula she must be happy, she spent 4 hours with him" Vandu defended her sister. "Knowing her avan kitta solirkave maata, she must not have told him"😳

"How can she? she is not even married" Amma said self righteously in an old fashioned way "Only a husband should know" she said😳

"WHAT DO U WANT FROM HER MA?" Two weeks la he wanted marriage, one week is over, Appa is exactly where he started... avala himsai pannuvaan avan, he must be tormenting her" Vandu giggled😆

"Moradana iruppaano" (Must be a brute?) Amma asked😡

"None of your and my biz Amma. But the fact that aval toongama Saturday morning 5 manikki balcony la wander panra naka avalukku adu daan venum. If she is wandering the balcony at 5 on a Saturday morning, then she misses it" Vandu said bluntly☺️

Amma squirmed

"If u cannot talk with Appa when he gets off the Pooja I will, I will send Bala, he can talk, we both will be there this evening. If I don't hear from you ma by 1 PM I am inviting her for Sunday evening tiffin (Iyers call snacks tiffin) and coming over, Rama store lendu I will bring mixture, Bala Mami can order/arrange some sweets for me to pick up. Nee vadaikki maatram oora vei (soak dal for vada)" Vandu ordered😆

"Next week paakalame?" "Lets think about it some more Vandu?"

"Why? WHAT NEW earth shattering discovery is Appa going to make in 7 more days?"🤣

"Ille if Appa is delaying there must be some reason ille?"

"May be find another Subbu for her?" Vandu slipped to being mean

"Appa did not find him, that's unfair... avlaa pathinda, she chose him."

"Seri OK I take that back... OK sorry... Ashwin madiri, like Ashwin?"

"Are we rushing Vandita?"😕

"NO WE ARE DELAYING... anda kozhanda moonjiya paar epdi vaadi irukkum nu, uski shaqal dekho aap jaakar kitna murjha gaya hoga" Vandu said firmly😡

"Kanda samayathula toongardu I don't like it, I don't like her sleeping at odd hours" Amma argued😃

"Get her married, avanoda bed la toongattum, let her sleep there" "Avan ada full day toonga viduvaan, he will let her sleep the whole day" chuckling😆

"Ya he stays up the whole night sonniye" Amma was dismissive😡

"What is wrong in expecting her to to stay up ma? avan veshamathukku adu daan correct time, for his naughtiness that's the right time" giggling😆

"I have to go, u are talking like they are already married"😡

"Text me before 1 illena I am texting her for 6 PM Sunday"

"Innikki Saturday" Amma dragged her feet

"Ya tomorrow is Sunday"

"U know lets look for a muhurtha naal/good day?"

"Amma I know you too well, I am going to give you one more day tell her Periappa has a Doc apptt if u want for today
... 1 PM if I don't see your text saying Appa has agreed to meet her...I am calling her"

The text would not arrive at 1 PM
Vandu would call Sam at 1:45 and let her know they can meet at D II at 6 PM on Sunday

She would call Appa and blast him again and tell him "I bought you one more day with Samyukta, a man that wont talk with his Dad for 4 years is NOT going to cheat on your daughter
He has had his fun already, if he says he wants to marry her he MEANS IT"
"I am coming there with Bala and Shravu tomorrow. If you are not planning to be home, tell me right now, I will have every event starting tomm's at my house"

Appa would grunt and hang up, eat and go off to take a nap

Amma would rewrite chapter 7 for her text book and delete it and rewrite... all weekend long, 
Appa would secretly attempt to word an email announcing II's wedding, to his thankless sisters and that one brother on his laptop, write rewrite erase

II is basically out of the loop she would go to work for a few hours return eat... and wander the balcony and go to bed
Sunday she would do the same, wake up early... help Amma... cook lunch, clean her own closets... take a nap at 10

II would wake at 1 PM eat her lunch go to her tailor and watch a Tamil movie starring Vijay on Kalaignar... until 5 ISH, unaware all this deal making has begun...
Akka would arrive after lunch on Sunday, throw up as usual take a nap and watch the movie with II, Shravu would come at 5 with Athim

She would secretly scroll through her unknown number texts... re read Shravu and his conversation... 
get the French note out of the ruby earrings box and re read it and put it back...☺️
 Akka would ask her to "change" at 5:30 ish... opening II's Godrej sifting through her saree collection...
"Why?" she would bristle, rolling her left hand into a fist.. feeling her ring... "Samyukta vara" ☺️
she would say and would see her RELAX INSTANTANEOUSLY, her face would light up like a flood light

And at 6:30 PM Samyukta, Tanmay Nandan and Lasya Batra would be accompanied by Ranjan Bhalla  AND... 
R&B (II DOES NOT KNOW HE'S COMING, NO IYER DOES) for a authentic IYER STYLE "penn paarkum padalam" 
"LADKI DEKHO BINNESS" "To SEE the girl" as us Indians would say

Warning: Any or those of you Gloria Steinems in disguise/ feminists out there who are offended by this 
very idea, please abandon reading coz we officially begin to have fun starting... NOW...
At this tachi mammu (curd rice) weds chicken tikka masala wedding
Yep, MY II is as innocent as tachi mammu (ofcourse some add spicy green chillies to it, we wont tell Bhallas NOW)
 and my R&B is as luscious and spicy as chicken tikka.

On KG's brilliant suggestion II is now "molaga bajji" "hari mirchi ka pakora" an Iyer speciality😉👏

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: bhartirochani

Again only reminder
DEFECTS AND DIABETES on 42
KURTI THIEF on 44
COURAGE AND CONFESSION on 53
BETWEEN 11TH TO 17TH on 53

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR KEEPING THE INDEX PAGE ACCURATE
I do a terrible job😭
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

Res

Nisha the last two parts were just amazing!
Will add more later this evening.

*Edit*
Two chapters, both touched my heart. 

For Ranjan:
He is such a loving father-in-law. He's already accepted II as his bahu and as a part of the house.
"Aap aao ghar par fatafat to raunaq laute betaji" This was just ❤️.
More than ever before I want him to be innocent in that entire scandal. I just can't imagine this man betraying his wife and having an affair (even during a momentary lapse of judgement, I can't imagine it).

For Appa:
"A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he [wants to] turn her back again." - Enid Bagnold
He just can't (more like doesn't want to) wrap his head or heart around the fact that his little girl is completely, madly, head-over-heels in love with a boy (a Punjabi one with multiple colorful experiences at that). He loves his daughter and is so proud of her for growing up into the successful woman that she is, but on the other hand, he hates that she is drifting away from him. Appa wants II to get married and settled as the woman she is, but simultaneously he wants her to remain that girl who would discuss the morning newspaper with him. A tug of war that must occur in the heart of every daughter's father. Beautifully written Nisha. 👏

OMG!! Such a fabulous quote😭 Feels like it was written for Mr Iyer nahi?😭
SO APT!!

Thanks so so much Nivi for attributing this beautiful string of words to this story. My story is as precious as each one of your thoughts...

Mr Iyer wants her to be happy, he sees it will happen only with R&B...😳 everyone is eager for his opinion
Ranjan too sees that... though nobody ever asks him for his opinion😭

Two men such different positions in life
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awesome! Just one more this morning ...please Nisha just one more!
kg1404 thumbnail
II is thatchi mammu? Is this the SoSy pages I am reading?? Seriously , no kidding, N
She is molaga bajji( Mirchi bajjiya, mirch pakora ) 😳Edited by kg1404 - 9 years ago
SunshineBliss thumbnail

yippee!!  so the stage is set!!!  Another Friday trailer to a weekend blockbuster... (okay my friday here)

Feminists ...  little do they know our desi ways!  Bring it on Nisha

So R&B with family et all to  "see"  the girl! 🤣🤣

PS: know what, your updates run my mood at work... I have a grin pasted on my face as I'm typing this out... and my bally' equivalent here asks " kya baat hai? itna khushi khushi you are logging defects 😆"       ya ya i'm reviewing  a super buggy s/w we've rolled out 

SunshineBliss thumbnail
Originally posted by: kg1404

II is thatchi mammu? Is this the SoSy pages I am reading?? Seriously , no kidding, N
She is molaga bajji( Mirchi bajjiya, mirch pakora ) 😳

🤣