Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kg1404 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Letting go...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Part 90</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">In the meanwhile...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">On the work front it was almost like Ranjan had asked R&B to back off, he was either gone because of that or the French kept him busy</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She wondered what he did in France, his web searches were not resulting in anything... Appa still thought he was worthless... she took pride in her three degrees post Bachelors,her CPA concurrently with Bcom, and MBA from IIM and the MS in IS from GT...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">she had overheard his sister say "he is a man with no roots" "He loves flings"</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"His FRENCH GIRLFRIEND IS IN INDIA"...😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">WHAT COULD APPA LIKE? WHAT COULD HE? Ranjan was caught with his pants down in a hotel room...😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">They had enough money that if u laid every ...Rs.1000 note side by side it could go to Mars and back... he was caring and protective, he had a great reading habit, he backpacked across Europe frequently</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">His Mom wanted him to be polite to the help... he only wore cargos... and always smelled citrusy and woodsy...😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She did not open his wallet, did not peek inside... only smelled it a million times before dropping it in the bag</font>

</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">The Pongal show was two weeks after Pongal, she hadnt practised much so she decided to take a day off and practise, just get her thoughts together...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She didnt cry, her life wasnt tragic, or mired in despair... she had fallen head over heels😭</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">for a man who was completely totally different from her.😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He had kissed her to recover a Rs 5 debt... and then she had disagreed with him on everything about work, while she fought his intense attraction, she discovered...they had NOTHING in common on the professional front or personal or wealth or education..., and then discovered he had a girlfriend and was not the "marrying kind"😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He had rescued her from the greatest catastrophe of her life like he did that routinely👏... he didnt call to check on her, didnt try to comfort her or didnt sympathize with her</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">They had FOUGHT... like he somehow expected her to "know better and do better", like they knew each other so well they could fight over such things😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">And then they had chatted the last two hours of the train ride like they knew each other too well..😳</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">HE WOULD NEVER BE APPA'S CHOICE FOR A GROOM😭</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">R&B WOULD NEVER MARRY.. HE WOULD NEVER BE A GROOM😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">At that thought she broke down and cried... a time would come when she would no longer see him, if she didnt marry Sree she would continue being in KMPG</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She would be assigned a new project, she would see Mr Ranjan in the elevator</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She would want to know how HE was doing... he would be on GF # 19? or 29 or with Marleise...</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">In bed reading after sex, while #29 would curl up by his side and sleep complain there was too much light... he would instead of turning his light off, would hit the one by her side as well😭</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Was he mischievous with all of them? Is that something ONLY him and her had?😭</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Was her persuasive and ravenous with them all or only with her?😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Why did he act like she was the only one?</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Do rich guys take some community college where they learn "How to treat every girlfriend like shes the one?"🤣</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Was nothing about their "meetings" private or intimate? He was the only one that knew how many upper body molesshe had, even Subbu didnt bother to count and pay a glorious homage to each, he knew how many kritis she knew by heart... 114☺️</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">How many women know of his mole behind his ear? All 19 or 27 of them?😭 She wanted to be the only one that knew that fact...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">IT WAS HERS... EVERY INCH OF THAT 6'3" was hers...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">But he was like sand... slipping through her fingers</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">It hurt her like hell, like that night at Kamal Mahal... he was unassuming and low key, but yet so many women knew about him and his physical needs</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">WHY CANT I BE THE ONE?</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">THE ONE AND ONLY</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She cried... she feared saving his name in her Contacts list... cause when she would delete it it would be like someone reached and pulled her heart out..He was an "unknown caller" the night they broke up, yet it hurt like someone aimed and shot through her heart point blank...😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I dont have any selfies with him I dont have any pictures of him... I dont have any pictures of us</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I only have "US" in my mind...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">she bled for a week... she felt fragile around him she felt fragile when she thought about "US",😭</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">for HIM? there was no US😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She took a Thursday off, sombre, she practised two songs at home after the shower, and then got dressed and went to the Sringeri Temple in Vasant Vihar</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">It was unusually quiet, day or night, unless there was a wedding ceremony schedules in the adjacent hall</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">The hall was quiet and cool, she would sit there and sing, she took the lyrics for the songs she was singing at the event, her shruti box... and phone and took off</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Amma wondered if she was sad because Sree had left😳</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She had met Sree the night before he was leaving, he said he would return in two weeks depending on when he could get away next</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She told him sombrely " I like you a lot, I am in a very stressful project that seems to be draining me... I spend hours at work for one problem...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I cannot make any promises, can we be friends?"she said honestly</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He agreed, he said he would text call and email her, until she knew what she wanted, and hoped to see her again when he returned...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"I know u will tell me soon" he said as if he knew her more than she did..."I am told girls love to be pursued" he said smiling😃</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Well this one wasnt and she already lost everything she had to a man that didnt pursue her...😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She felt if she talked at home she would burst out crying, she left home at 11 ish... and reached the temple at 11:30, she let Amma take her car...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She sat down and sang three... got up to get water and bumped into a tall bare feet man</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He held her by her arm...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"YOU?" she said startled😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Her eyes were big and moist... she looked at her feet and his... the toes almost touched...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">she wore a sky blue chikan kurta and chudidaar gauzy but with lots of fine embroidery...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She composed herself</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"U took the day off?" he asked😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She was mad at him for showing up... for being there in her private retreat, spoiling her grief</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Did u?" she asked</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">His half smile came...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Atleast u wore jeans" she said..👏</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"And two tees" amused..😆</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She saw careless layers... a white peeking from underneath a grey... curling at the edges... and soft, worn...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">They stood inches from each other... she looked behind his shoulder, he looked at her face</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"II"</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"I came to get water"😭</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He handed her a bottle.. she drank and returned it</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Turning to go sit down and sing</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He sat by the wall, cross legged on the floor she sat facing the shrine... the morning poojas were over the gates were closed, some elderly women wereeither sitting in meditating positions or just paying a quick visit and leaving...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She tuned her shruti box..</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Why are u here?" he asked again</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He sat arms across his chest... didnt respond..</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Are u going to listen?" she asked</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Only if u begin singing" he said dryly🤣</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">RAKSHASAN... HE HAD ALL THE ANSWERS...😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She sang three it took over 28 minutes...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She flipped pages, he saw... and just hummed some, tapped the beats on her knee like she did at home, counted on her fingers</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She made little notes on the pages in red...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She wouldnt talk with him, he knew she was upset... like that train ride was alil stretch of lush green field in the middle of a thorny desert..</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She stood up and so did her, she walked over to the shrine and stood and prayed hands folded... eyes closed her lips trembling holding back tears...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She fell down and let her forehead tap the cold marble... when she got up her braid was in front😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He stood quietly hands folded in prayer and she had walked to where her things were... she packed up her stuff ready to go...😳😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Eat?" he asked when he was done making his wishes</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"now?' she asked...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I WANT TO HAVE THE WORST OPINION OF YOU I WANT TO THINK THE WORST OF YOU I DONT WANT TO DEFEND YOU WHEN I AM WITH APPA</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I WANT U TO BE THE GUY THAT HANDED ME A HUGE BETRAYAL I WANT U YOU TO BE THE GUY THAT CHEATED ON ME... AFTER SWEARING UNDYING LOVE😭</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I DONT WANT TO BE PROTECTED BY YOU, EAT WITH YOU, RIDE A CAR WITH YOU AT MIDNIGHT SLEEPING.. NOT WORRYING ABOUT MY SAFETY.. I DONT WANT TO BRING YOUR PHONE HOME</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Rakshasan</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">What have you done to me😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Later?' he asked</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He checked that paper thin piece of steel on his wrist... "Its 1:22" he said</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Haan shaayad...nahi... mera matlab... haan lunch ka time hai" she said😕</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Phew!" he agreed mocking her😆</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Go away" she hissed angry😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He bent down to pick her shruti box up, she picked up her books.. and purse, he handed her the water, she drank some... and they walked out</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Do u have a place in mind?" he asked</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Home" she said wistfully</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He DROVE TO HIS HOUSE...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Your house?" she asked as he pulled over into the gate, 9 minutes later</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">STARTLED...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"The house I am in when I am in India" he answered amused😃</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She fumbled, confused... turning red... "I know this is your house, I didnt think I wanted to come here" she said staring at her LOONG song book with a worn Lakshmi image on the cover</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">The gold coins flowing out of her hand colored and re colored and doodled over... Hundreds of "II"s floated all over the clouds around the Goddess's head😆</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Where do u want to eat?' he asked again... patiently😳</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She looked at him perturbed, uneasy... nervous</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">NOT QUITE THE SPUNKY FIESTY GIRL THAT GOT OFF HIS CAR PROPRIETORIALLY WHEN SHE CAME THE FIRST NIGHT TO GET HER PURSE😳</font>

</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Only if u promise not to charge me" she said😳</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He didnt respond, her stomach lurched</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">MARLIESE IS PROBABLY HOME... WHAT A STUPID THING TO SAY ISHITA... SEMA GENIUS MA NEE, U FLIRTED WITH HIM LIKE BEFORE?</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">HE IS BEING POLITE, EAT AND LEAVE... U FOOL</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">MANNY IS PROBABLY HOME TOO</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">But neither were, RANJAN WAS</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He was totally surprised to see her👏</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">To say she was ashamed would be an understatement</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"I took the day off to practice at the Sringeri Temple for a Pongal show at the Tamil Sangam, he was there and he offered to give me a ride home she said"😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"My wife loved to go there" Ranjan said😲😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">If it was a ride "home" Ishita IT WOULD BE TO SECTOR 12 NOT TO MALCHA MARG...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">AYYO... WHAT IS THIS ELDERLY MAN GOING TO THINK? THE NEXT TIME HE SEES APPA HE IS GOING TO TALK</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">The night she faked the Minion cap he saw her... and then NOW</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">R&B walked over to a huge chest of drawer along the wall and looked for something NOT WORRYING WHAT SHE WOULD DO</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">WHERE IS THAT GIRLFRIEND? WHERE IS THE SISTER?</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">WHAT AM I DOING HERE?</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">THIS MAN WAVES THOSE INTOXICATING SLENDER FINGERS UNDER YOUR BLOODY NOSE AND YOU CLOSE UR EYES AND GO WITH HIM</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"U are here just in time for lunch" Ranjan invited warmly</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">A helped signalled lunch was ready...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">NOBODY TALKED IN THIS HOUSE</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">NOBODY</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">ONLY MANNY... ONLY MANNY</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">The spread was HUGE and was ALL VEGETARIAN</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Koftas and curries and karhis and kheers...👏</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"If this is how you eat every day Mr Bhalla I might have to take more days off and go practice" she giggled😃</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">The help offered 6 kinds of juice</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">There was rasmalai and rabri and what not...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She ate like a pig...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Complimented generously...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Ranjan:He makes the best chiken tikka and lamb biryani (gushing)😳 (pointing to a help)</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">R&B: ms Iyer is a vegetarian😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Ranjan:I guessed that... but these days everyone eats everything u know (sheepish)</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">II: I was raised very conservatively Mr Bhalla.. I havent changed (embarrassed)😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Ranjan:No, dont be sorry... u should be proud of being so strong...such good values..👏</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She lowered her gaze from his son...</font>

</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He didnt eat pooris with a fork like she suspected he would, he tore them with those slender fingers🤣</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">They both reached for the karhi at the same time, and the paneer at the same time😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She withdrew only to have him serve her.. GOBS</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">His eyes had that familiar twinkle</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She had enough curry for 15 pooris</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Good grief...😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Ranjan talked about Baldev and Ashwini and Amritsar... asked about Ankur</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">The father son only exchanged the bare minimum polite conversations</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">About some cars, getting air conditioners for forst floor before summer</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Ranjan tried to make everything appear normal</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">R&B was quiet...</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"I have too much subzi" she complained😲</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Madam poori le len aap" the help offered huge disks, steaming discs, crisp on top spongy on the bottom discs"</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"I only eat 4, I ate six" she begged..</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">The help placed one more on hers.. she recklessly picked it up AND ONE SHE HAD ALREADY and dropped the two on his plate☺️</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">And dusted her hand... devilishly... with a sense of accomplishment</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Ranjan watched it startled😲</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">But looked away asking the help for some lemon water</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"I ate 6" main nahi kha paaoongi" she pleaded</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He gave her a look and ate...😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Then desserts... she could only have a spoonful of each</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">The help served a extra two soaked pieces of rasmalai heaven in her bowl... and two gulab jamuns</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Kitna khaaoongi main... I have to practise at Bala Mami's house in the evening" she sobbed</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She transfered it all to his bowls as he stared wordlessly☺️</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Smiled at her spoon and ate the crumbs...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Ranjan took a call by the French doors... the afternoon was becoming cloudy and rainy...</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She was directed to a plush bathroom with glass bowl sinks and copper fittings... motion sensor water sprays... and scented lotions and soaps</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She stepped out and wandered to the French windows... "I have to go home" she said</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Thanks for lunch, do u really eat like this every day?' she asked shocked</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">" No my Mom died 4 years ago today" he said hands in pockets😭😭😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">They didnt talk for the next 20 or so minutes... after she said "Sorry"😭</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She stood by the curtain... sipping her water, as her lump formed in her throat, and eyes welled up</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She turned and looked inside... as she felt an overwhelming surge of emotion for his Mom😭</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">It was unimagineable to her, a life without Amma... he lived it everyday...😭</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Asking him how he felt would be prying?</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">A sudden tragic death of one parent, and the other parent mired in scandal...😭</font>

</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Let me show u something" he said, holding her hand😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He took her upstairs, not letting it go..</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She wondered where Mr Ranjan was...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He took her to his floor to the giant living room, he tuned the flat screen TV on... it froze on some French soccer</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He cancelled out and played a bunch of pictures... backpacking across Europe</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">she had asked him how many picture she had on the train</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"13 Tera bytes" he had said</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She leaned on the couch he sat down with his feet up.. he leaned back and pulled her hand</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Come sit"😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Only 10" she said, and walked around with her hand held... she sat between the arm rest and him... TRAPPED..😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">There were pictures of kids of people of things😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Like "Humans of Europe"😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">There were only a handful or less where he was in it too only by accident..</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">In a few he saw his shoes, in a few she saw his fingers... in some videos... when he switched between "Self" mode..</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">His wind beaten hair... his longer stubble</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">His pink nose tip..😳</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He flipped through albums and albums showing her select pictures...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">some videos were funny, when she laughed he went to YT to some French channel and played more...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">10 minutes got redefined to a hour and a half... the help brought tea and coffee at 5 ish...☺️</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She jumped out of the couch, scaring the poor guy</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"I have to go" she said as if a sudden realization struck her...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I NOW know what 5 PM in Malcha Marg looks like, on a rainy cold evening...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">the house is warm... they have hard wood floors all over, I am bare feet and I am not cold.. and they have central heating</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">The dense green forest of the Ridge is visible from the balconies😳</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He poured tea out for himself in his mug and took it to the balcony</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She chased him with hers... and for the first time saw WHAT HE SEES EVERY NIGHT..😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">One foot up on the ledge... he sipped and scrolled his Billboard list or through his texts</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">R&B? he never offered her anything...He was WHOLLY unpredictable and whimsical, HE could never beher constant... even Marliese was not his constant..😭</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Amma and Appa would never want a transitory, impermanent life for her...😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She sipped hers by the heavy blue curtains... many layers, blue, white and gauzy...</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He turned and approached her, she held his tee on the waist... and went on her toes, in his shoes he was taller...</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">she let her lips linger on his...😳</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"This is" she began..( for your Mom)... she wanted to say</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Thanks for helping me that other night" she said instead😳😭</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">And went back on her feet and tippy toed again and kissed him "For the hoodie" she said😭</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He wrapped his arm around her setting his mug on a table</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"This is for the first poori" he kissed her fully,☺️</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">The 1000 foot roller coaster drop kind of kiss... every pore sensitized ... the face and neck bruised... like the two? three week? break never happened</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">He heard every moan, and grunted with satisfaction...</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"I gave u 6 things" she said breathlessly, on his chest</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"I'll take a raincheck" he said holding her in his arms... as her phone rang</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Probably for the very last time ever... she looked at him fully... before letting go..</font>

kg1404 thumbnail
Hey Nisha,
Touched a cord in me. Keep up the great work. For me , you are no chetan Bhagat , neither Arundhati Roy, just Nisha and you are bl**dy good . Period 👏
I do not post often but your story and the posts of your loyal motivators are thoroughly a guaranteed good read, all the time.

Read it as ...chord...Edited by kg1404 - 9 years ago
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
oh NISHA be forewarned this is going to be a gush ridden comment :-)

I LOVED the last part. i know i say this after each update but normally the update is better than the previous or has me wanting for more and keep me going how did that happen i loved the previous one and this one i love more.
In this one I actually loved the next SENTENCE more than the previous.
Just when i was gushing over her drinking water, you had him sitting cris cross and listening to her singing, then they pray and then he walks with her shruti box by this time i was a jelly with OMG so perfect.
Then they eat lunch and he eats her left overs and now what i can i say i loooved it, they dont even realize Ranjan there.. now i am a goner, next they watch videos and the comfort
level 👏👏👏👏
and of course the icing was the kiss ..every sentence in this update was great..

I have never thanked Columbia for this effort I THANK HER now.. This reading obsessively every day for a written piece is a very new experience for me.. i have never done that so THANKS .Now my family also knows 😆 between the pats game i was actually checking for your updates.
Thanks di and whenever you decide to get them married it would be nice to have R&B ask her hand to Amma/Appa , Bala and Vandu and then tell her.. more like Darcy in Pride and prejudice asking Elizabeths dad..No compulsion
you go girl !!!!!!!

deepali.rock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
nish I don't have words.. it was heart touching in a unique way!!
as for letting go..I think they have reached this weird emotional connect that their destinies will entwine them forever..the more they let go the more they'll stumble back to each other and waiting exactly for that
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepali.rock

nish I don't have words.. it was heart touching in a unique way!!
as for letting go..I think they have reached this weird emotional connect that their destinies will entwine them forever..the more they let go the more they'll stumble back to each other and waiting exactly for that

YES
She picked that temple because it usually quiet
He was there because his Mom liked it too, not sure if he knows WHY she liked a South Indian temple so much

She went to sing
He went to pay homage

Like his mother wants this to happen😳
Columbia wanted a part where he spends the day of his Moms passing with her

I wondered HOW I could do that without making it appear cliched
Then while watching Paddington last nite with my 7 year old it all came to me

So anyway this was for Columbia/Kalyani

I found a lump in my throat when I wrote about him sipping his chai staring out, but TODAY she was behind him😃
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ranu1234

oh NISHA be forewarned this is going to be a gush ridden comment :-)

I LOVED the last part. i know i say this after each update but normally the update is better than the previous or has me wanting for more and keep me going how did that happen i loved the previous one and this one i love more.
In this one I actually loved the next SENTENCE more than the previous.
Just when i was gushing over her drinking water, you had him sitting cris cross and listening to her singing, then they pray and then he walks with her shruti box by this time i was a jelly with OMG so perfect.
Then they eat lunch and he eats her left overs and now what i can i say i loooved it, they dont even realize Ranjan there.. now i am a goner, next they watch videos and the comfort
level 👏
and of course the icing was the kiss ..every sentence in this update was great..

I have never thanked Columbia for this effort I THANK HER now.. This reading obsessively every day for a written piece is a very new experience for me.. i have never done that so THANKS .Now my family also knows 😆 between the pats game i was actually checking for your updates.
Thanks di and whenever you decide to get them married it would be nice to have R&B ask her hand to Amma/Appa , Bala and Vandu and then tell her.. more like Darcy in Pride and prejudice asking Elizabeths dad..No compulsion
you go girl !!!!!!!

She went there to run away from him
He went there to meet his Mom
Its almost like she can never run away from him... but she seems to have, by letting go😭
Lets see how they come together😭

YES I have a scene in mind thats close to P&P, unknowingly its too similar to P&P
Might use that😃

Ive deliberately kept her unafraid and bold, she doesnt blush and stutter and stumble and stop singing or forget her lines etc
Too filmy
She SINGS like its nobody's business, good Iyer singers would even sing at a bus stop
NO I am not kidding
NO I ve never sung at one

But there is a confident clear quality to young singers... she is that way too, BUT she also has doodles on her Lakshmi book😛
deepali.rock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
nish I was just so tired after stressful day at college. got home read it and wrote whatever came straight from heart. didn't have the Energy to think through or form a stream of my thoughts.

and your reply feels so good after that 😃
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kg1404

Hey Nisha,
Touched a cord in me. Keep up the great work. For me , you are no chetan Bhagat , neither Arundhati Roy, just Nisha and you are bl**dy good . Period 👏
I do not post often but your story and the posts of your loyal motivators are thoroughly a guaranteed good read, all the time.

Read it as ...chord...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE HEARING THAT I AM B----Y GOOD😃

As a writer if I can belong to my own league thats a fantastic compliment

I BET my groupies LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU AS WELL

I have the finest, smartest and the funniest

All thanks to Columbia, R&B-II

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR READING, AND COMMENTING
I take it as a HUGE compliment that you  comment on my story and not much otherwise😃
Abhinaiscool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Loved it nisha...you handled his pain so well... instead of making it a cliche...

In a way he lost both of his parents in one shot. I have seen that men are more sensitive to such situations. ... we gurls talk it out or cry with our friends. ..but men need that one someone with whom they dont need to talk to but just be with...

And I m glad he found his other half... now he should hold to her...

I loved all the chapters but this one chapter is very close to my heart... 🥺
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue5sky

Beautiful Nisha. 

We now get to see the heart behind those steely eyes and silence. And our II wishing to be his! 😳. 

6.3" RnB takes a rain check on the poori kiss.. And Our proud II love the girl too. 👏

She was PHYSICALLY sick for a week when she realized she was "betrayed". She got over that, and came out stronger... she hated him for doing that to her, so they traded more insults at work... and then he turned around and PROTECTED CARED FOR HER AND HELPED HER on the train

HOW can she hate him now?

So NOW she consoles herself saying "I may no longer detest the guy, but Appa will never agree"😭
AS IF there was a proposal being talked about🤣
She KNOWS he is not the marrying kind😭
She is just NOT seeing that she was brought home on such a significant day, and she spent 6 hours with him
She is not thinking about it