Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Direct Link to the Prologue

Also read the the Edited 1st post!

Banner Credit : I me & myself 😉

Chapter 1

5th December, 2014

Raman Kumar Bhalla - CEO of the Year!

Doesn't that sound awesome Shagun? I have done it finally! I have achieved what you always dreamt of! I so wish you were here to be a part of the celebration Shagun, because all this happiness totally belongs to you!

Thank You Shagun for making me what I am today! I don't know what I would have done or where I would have been had you not been there to support me and encourage me. I was so lost and depressed at that point. You gave me strength to look ahead and achieve.

This day seems incomplete without you! I Miss You!

Raman

"Papa!" Ruhi called out from the door. Raman closed his diary and extended his hands towards his daughter "Come Ru!" He called out. Ruhi came in and cuddled next to Raman as he tucked her into the bed. "Papa, are you missing mumma?" she asked. Raman wiped a tear that escaped his eyes as he nodded. "Yes beta. I Miss your mumma a lot! Pata hai, papa got an award today. Mumma always wanted me to win this." He explained. "Yay papa! You came first!" Ruhi squealed in excitement. Raman chuckled and put her to sleep.

"Thank you Mr Kapoor" Raman said as he received the award for the CEO of the Year the next evening. "This award is because of a lot of people! First, everyone at Bhalla Group of Companies. This wouldn't have been possible without your support. Second, my daughter, Ruhi. She's been my lucky charm ever since she was born. This is for you Ruhi beta!" he said smiling at her. Ruhi jumped with excitement. "But most of all, this award belongs to my wife Shagun. This was her dream and I am here because of her alone. I miss you Shagun!" he continued his speech.

"Mr Bhalla, tell us your success story!" came up a question from the press. "It's not very great" Raman chuckled. "But if you so want to know, here it is. I had just returned to India as a fresher, an MBA from Harvard. I was starting my career as an employee at the Bhalla Group. Yeah the company belonged to my father but he was the man who believed in making a name for yourself. I was never allowed to use his name to get things done. No references. He always encouraged me to achieve things on my own. After about 6 moths of my return, dad had an attack. We lost him. My mother couldn't take the shock and I lost her too in a short span. That's when I was all broken and devastated. Shagun and I grew up together. We were best friends. She encouraged me to step into dad's place and take over the company. She believed I could do it. We were not married then. Slowly, I started taking charge and here I am now." Raman ended.

Later that night,

Raman had tucked Ruhi in and was sitting with his phone, a bit tensed. "Pick up the phone Ishu!" he sighed. He had been calling her all evening. She was supposed to be there at the award ceremony but she never arrived. She wasn't picking the calls either. He decided to go to her house and check. He kissed a sleeping Ruhi and asking Bansi kaka, his help, to take care of her, left the house.

"Ishu left for the award ceremony in the evening Raman. I thought she was with you." Amma said. "She never came amma!" Raman announced. "I've been calling her up since evening but she's not picking her calls either." Raman said. Amma and appa were now worried and so was Raman. "Amma, appa, I think maybe I know where she could be. I'll go and check. If I don't find her, I think we should get the cops involved." He announced as he picked up the car keys.

Raman searched along the Marines. Raman knew how much Ishita loved the place. They often spent time here with Ruhi. She would come here to feel the beauty of nature, to hear the sound of waves crashing on the rocks, to feel the peace. He knew she would be here if not anywhere else. He had almost given up when a silhouette at the farthest end caught his attention. He ran towards her, not pausing even for a second.

"Ishita!" he called out reaching near her. He was stunned to see the state she was in. Hair dishevelled, kajal smudged and tears flowing continuously. She had wrapped herself with the saree and was shivering badly. He couldn't understand what was wrong. She looked like she was dressed for the awards. "Ishu!" he said placing a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him and broke down completely. Raman walked her the car. She silently went along.

"Ishu" Amma exclaimed on opening the door. "what's wrong?" she asked Raman through her eyes. Ishita just went ahead and hugged her mother tight. Amma took her in and made her sit on the couch. Raman followed them in. Appa sat next to her and comforted his daughter. "Ishu, what happened? You were going for the awards right? Where were you so long?" Appa asked.

She just kept sobbing. "Amma, Subbu" she said between her sobs. "Subbu? What happened to him?" Amma asked concerned. "Amma, as I left for the party, I got a call from subbu. He wanted me to meet him at a club. He said he had made some purchase for the wedding and wanted to show it to me. He said I could go to the party after that. When I went to the club, I thought there was something fishy. It wasn't a very nice looking place. I called him up amma and he asked me to come in. I went in and then he.. he" she broke down again. "He was drunk and there were a few more friends of his. He forced himself on me appa. He took me to a room and forced himself on me. I cried and shouted for help but there was no one to hear my cry!" she said between her tears. Amma and appa were shocked. Subbu belonged to a good family. They had known him and his family for years. They didn't know how to react. Raman was stunned too. He thought maybe the family would want some privacy to think about what to do. Ishita was safe now and he decided to go back home.

"We always thought Subbu was a good kid. Never knew he would turn out this way" appa said. "I'll talk to Mrs Chandran now. Let's get them married as soon as we can" Amma announced. "Amma you still want me to marry that man? He has no respect for me amma. He used me today." Ishita gasped. "You are over reacting Ishu. He's your husband to be. It's your fault. If you didn't want it to happen, why didn't you resist? You were anyways going to be married. All this would have anyways happened after marriage. What will people say if you get pregnant? He has the right anyway. He was going to be your husband in a few months. If we don't get you married, what will the society say?" amma blabbered still in shock. Appa was speechless too. "It's a burden on us now. I hope Mrs Chandran doesn't think otherwise. I hope Subbu still wants to marry you" Amma said. She only stopped when she heard the door shut. Ishita couldn't take it anymore and walked out of the house.

Raman had reached home. He changed and went to the balcony after sitting by Ruhi for some time. His mind was still preoccupied with Ishita. The condition in which he saw her today, he prayed to God should not befall anybody. He just couldn't get that image out of his mind. How could Subbu? He cursed under his breath and banged his fist on the railing. That's when he saw Ishita walking towards his gate.

He ran to the door and opened it for her. He got her in and made her sit on the couch. He quickly got a glass of water for her and sat down next to her. "Ishu" he said placing his hand over her shoulder. Ishita flinched at his touch and moved away. "Don't! Don't touch me! I'll yell!" she threatened. Raman was surprised. "Why is she reacting like this?" he thought. "Ishu it's me, Raman. Relax" he said trying again. Ishita moved away further.

Here are some points to note:

1. Being a spouse or a fiancee doesn't give a person the right to force himself on his partner

2. God forbid, in case a loved one is assaulted, listen to them calmly, without judging them.

3. Do not imply or outwardly criticize them for not resisting the attack

4. Do not use words like "Dont over react" or "Its not rape, you are wrong" etc. Never argue the fact.

Direct Link to Chapter 2

Edited by RaYaKapoor - 9 years ago
Nichuss thumbnail
unres

Here are some points to note:

1. Being a spouse or a fiancee doesn't give a person the right to force himself on his partner

2. God forbid, in case a loved one is assaulted, listen to them calmly, without judging them.

3. Do not imply or outwardly criticize them for not resisting the attack

4. Do not use words like "Dont over react" or "Its not rape, you are wrong" etc. Never argue the fact.

--------------------------------

agreed to the points u noted ...esply the first one..

u r ryt even a spouse dont have a ryt unless his wife

allows or accept

amma... :( :( the typical indian woman shadow u portaryed there...

nicely done... raya...

waiting for next part

Edited by Nichuss - 9 years ago
desire_nikki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
res

unres

Oh...that was such a brilliant and mind-blowing update...Really good job...👏
Loved it...!! Ruhi and Raman's moments we awsum...Flashback was superb...Felt bad for Ishita...the state she was in...and her Amma and Appa...oh god...how can they even thought now to get her marry to the same person...That pathetic man...😡 These old school people...
I really liked the way you wrote the points at the end...👏  She was so disturbed that she even not remember Raman's touch...Poor her...I just hope that Subbu get his punishment...huh...😡
Please continue soon...!! I am eagerly waiting for next update...!!
Thanx for pm...do pm me for next updates as well..😳
Edited by desire_nikki - 9 years ago
Aru.Divan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Priya ... Such an emotional update. Raman loves Shagun a lot and I am wondering how you planning to take the story further !!
Felt really bad for Ishitha, I knew you will end Subbu's chapter but this came in as a surprise. Pls finish his chapter as soon as possible and get Ishitha and Raman together 😳😳..
Her reaction when raman touched her with concers, Heartbreaking. I agree with all the points mentioned. This story is just brilliant.
Continue soon.
Thanks for the PM
sahibasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hey its so good u decided to write something on this sensitive issue...
thru ishra if we can spread awareness then there is no harm...kudos to u...

coming to the story...
it was so nicely portrayed...
amma's reaction was wrong but sad reality is that it is the reaction of most of the people...
pity such people's thoghts...
cont soon!!!!!!!
Akshatha19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
brilliant update...
raman and ruhi... loved it...
ishu state was seriously bad...
bt amma has to support her bt...???

wow mixture of emotions... 
plz update soon 

Edited by Akshatha19 - 9 years ago
JniISHRA83 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Shagun ko achii character mein math dikhana please yaar...I dont like that concept...mere saap se Shagun ek cheater hain...bas...😊..Show mein ya Os/SS/FF mein...

and Idiot Subbu😡...Poor Ishu.😭...Beautifully written...Update soon yaar...😊..
BombayPonnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: desire_nikki

res

unres

Oh...that was such a brilliant and mind-blowing update...Really good job...👏
Loved it...!! Ruhi and Raman's moments we awsum...Flashback was superb...Felt bad for Ishita...the state she was in...and her Amma and Appa...oh god...how can they even thought now to get her marry to the same person...That pathetic man...😡 These old school people...
I really liked the way you wrote the points at the end...👏  She was so disturbed that she even not remember Raman's touch...Poor her...I just hope that Subbu get his punishment...huh...😡
Please continue soon...!! I am eagerly waiting for next update...!!
Thanx for pm...do pm me for next updates as well..😳

Hey Nikki!
Thanks a lot :) Well, old school yes.. But its a harsh reality today as well.. Maybe not in cities.. But in a lot of smaller towns, being engaged or married gives a man to behave how so ever he wants with his spouse.

These were the points i tried to highlight in this particualr update. There are a lot more to follow.

Really appreciate your effort! Thanks for the comment :)

BombayPonnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: arunabhi

Hey Priya ... Such an emotional update. Raman loves Shagun a lot and I am wondering how you planning to take the story further !!
Felt really bad for Ishitha, I knew you will end Subbu's chapter but this came in as a surprise. Pls finish his chapter as soon as possible and get Ishitha and Raman together 😳😳..
Her reaction when raman touched her with concers, Heartbreaking. I agree with all the points mentioned. This story is just brilliant.
Continue soon.
Thanks for the PM

Hey Aruna!

Thanks a lot :) Well.. Raman Shagun had a very good bond..

Lol yeah! Subbu ka track aint done yet! Lemme punish him for what he did atleast.
Really glad you liked the concept!

I'll update ASAP!
BombayPonnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: sahibasharma

hey its so good u decided to write something on this sensitive issue...

thru ishra if we can spread awareness then there is no harm...kudos to u...

coming to the story...
it was so nicely portrayed...
amma's reaction was wrong but sad reality is that it is the reaction of most of the people...
pity such people's thoghts...
cont soon!!!!!!!

Hey Sahiba!
Thanks for supporting the concept!

And thanks again for liking the story!
True that most of the people react this way.. But that's the mindset of the society in general.
Anyways, ill update ASAP!