SS: Zindagi.. Kaisi Hai Paheli!! Chapter 5 Page 28

BombayPonnu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Hello People!
Here's another story from me.. This aint a very happy happy one. A little dark.. a little sad.. But the truth.. the evil face of life..
I thought of writing on this topic beacuse safety of women is a big question today. Every second day a new rape case is lodged. We never know how many go unnoticed. God forbid, something happens to someone you love, a right approach and a right frame of mind is very necessary to help them get over it. Through this ss, im gonna try and highlight a few.
Hope no one has an issue.

Banner Credit : I me & myself 😉

Here's the direct link to the parts

Okay! This one is for you Mrina! Beacuse you believe i can justify this story🤗🤗

Was supposed to type and post this after Sunday, but i couldnt resist!
The updates here might not be very frequent since i have my exams coming
up.. I'll try and post as soon as i can though!

For Those who want PM's, kindly buddy me on IshRaBhalla.
For more stories from me, checkout The Bookworm's meal: My YHM stories

Edited by BeingIyeristic - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BombayPonnu thumbnail

Banner Credit : I me & myself 😉

PROLOGUE

"Excuse me, I had called to take an appointment for my daughter, Ruhi Bhalla, with the dentist. Could you check?" Raman asked at the reception of Batra clinic holding on to little Ruhi in his arms. The child was crying in pain. "Ruhi, it's okay baccha. Just some more time  and we'll be done." He said caressing her cheeks.

"Yes sir, Dr. Iyer will attend your daughter in a few minutes. Please have a seat till then. You will be let in as soon as the previous patient comes out." The nurse replied. Raman sat in the waiting area with Ruhi on his lap. "Okay Ruhi, listen to me." He said trying to distract his daughter "Mihir chachu was saying you have a new friend in school. Who is it? Papa ko nahi bataogi?"

Ruhi got distracted momentarily as she started telling her father about her new best friend and all the fun they had in school. She was animatedly telling him about a story her friend had told her while he just adored his little princess and smiled. "Mr.Bhalla, you can go in. Second room to the right." The nurse instructed.

Raman knocked at the door and entered with Ruhi behind him, holding on to her fathers coat. Ishita was standing near desk, her back towards the door. She turned back to greet the patient at the door when she was surprised to see him there. Wait.. am I dreaming? Or is it Raman actually?' she thought to herself.

Raman, on the other side looked equally stunned. Ishu? Seriously?' He grinned to himself. "Ishita Iyer?" he asked. "Raman Bhalla?" she smiled back broadly. "Oh My god! It's been ages! Where have you been Ishu?" he came forward to hug her. She hugged him back "Long story!" she sighed "What brings you here Raavan Kumar?" She asked.

"My daughter, Ruhi. She had a pain in her tooth." Raman said bringing her ahead. Ishita sat down on her knees to come at par with Ruhi's height. "Hi Ruhi!" Ishita said extending her hand. "I'm Ishita. Aap mujhse dosti karoge?" she asked. Ruhi looked at her father as if for approval, still holding her cheek. Raman smiled and nodded. She placed her little hand over Ishita's and smiled. "Okay! So let's see what is bugging this beautiful girl here!" she said carrying Ruhi to the examination table.

"Nothing to worry, Raman. She's okay. Just some food stuck in." she said while taking off the gloves. She then carried Ruhi back to the desk and made her sit on the table. "So Ruhi, pain gone?" Ishita asked. "Yes aunty" Ruhi replied. "Okay! So Ruhi deserves a treat, doesn't she papa?" she asked winking at Raman. "Of course she does" Raman replied. Ishita asked for a pastry to be brought for Ruhi as the kid clapped her hands in joy. "Thanks aunty" she said kissing Ishita on the cheek.

"Ruhi looks so like Shagun, na Raman? How's she?" Ishita asked. Raman's stance changed. He was about to reply when the nurse called to say that her next patient had arrived. "Duty calls! It was great to meet you again, Raman. We should catch up!" she said getting up. Raman got up too and picked Ruhi in his arms. "Yeah we should!" Raman said. She gave him her card and asked him to call her directly in case Ruhi needed her. Raman smiled and walked out of the cabin carrying Ruhi in his arms.

Ishita sat back on her chair that afternoon after a series of appointments. She closed her eyes and rested her head back, remembering the happy times that she had spent with Raman and Shagun. They were childhood friends who lived in the same neighbourhood and studied in the same school. Inseparable' is what everyone called them. They would practically be together all day. Go to school together, come back together, study together and play together. After they finished their schooling, Ishita's father decided to move back to their hometown, Chennai. The three still managed to be in touch through phone and emails for a few years. As time went by, each got busy with their own life and career and Ishita lost touch with her best friends. The last she heard of them was that they were getting married. An invite had reached their old home and she found it covered under layers of dust when the family returned. She tried calling the number mentioned on the card but it seemed to be a wrong number.

A beep on her phone got her back from her reverie. Hey Ishu, coffee today at 7? CCD Powai? - Raman' his message flashed. Sure done! Get Shagun along na. Been ages since I even saw her! ' she hit the send button and smiled to herself. She was beyond excited to be meeting her best friends again.

Raman found himself sitting at the coffee shop at 6.45 itself. He re-read Ishita's message from earlier that day. I wish I could, Ishu. I wish I could get to see her again' he thought to himself. A lone tear escaped his eye. "Oh My God! I didn't know Raavan Kumar can cry too" he heard. Ishita was standing there with a shocked face. He chuckled and got up to hug her. "Woh, some dust got into my eyes" he said. Ishita settled herself on the sat opposite to his.

"So where have you been? I sent you the wedding invite, tried calling the landline but no response." He said sounding cross. "Actually, amma fell ill. She needed a surgery. The hospitals in Chennai weren't well equipped and Dr.Karnik, her doctor advised us to move to Delhi for a few years. She could have got the best treatment there and the best surgeon available in India as at Fortis Delhi. We moved to Delhi for about 3 years, went back to Chennai for another 2-3 years and shifted back to Mumbai about six months back." She explained.

"Why didn't you contact me if you were in town?" Raman asked. "I didn't have your number, Raman. I went back to our old society but I saw some demolition work going on. I  didn't know how to contact you but I knew we'd meet." She said. "And I'm engaged" she said showing off her ring. "That's great Ishu. Who is it? Love or arranged?" He asked "Umm.. arranged. Subramanian Chandran, software Engineer, works in Mumbai." She said. "Congratulation Ishu! That's awesome news." He said

"Okay, enough with me. Tell me where is Shagun? I want to tell her too" Ishita asked. "Umm.. She's no more Ishita. We lost her in an accident two years back." Raman said. "I needed you so bad then but I didn't know where to find you" he sighed. To say Ishita was shocked would be an understatement. She didn't know what to do or how to react. Tears started flowing through her eyes.

After a lot of crying and pacifying, Raman took her home. "Ishu? Come in" her amma said. She was surprised to see Ishita all disheartened and a guy with her. "What happened Ishita? And who is he?" appa asked. "Amma, Appa, don't you remember me?" Raman asked. Amma squinted her eyes and tried to remember who it was. His face looked oddly familiar. "Raman!" she greeted him. Raman told them what had happened. Amma appa were sad to after hearing about Shagun. After all, she was like a daughter to them too.

Raman and Ishita would meet frequently after that. She would regularly go and meet Ruhi and Raman would come to meet amma appa too. They would meet after work and tell each other what they were upto for so many years and how much they missed each other. Life just got better for both of them with the presence of the other.

Heya! If you appreciate the work, do hit like and leave a comment! I Love Reading them!!

Direct link to
Chapter 1

Edited by RaYaKapoor - 9 years ago
vampire12345678 thumbnail
Really very nice 
I think u typed peehu by mistake and it had to be ruhi 
U might wanna edit but amazing concept loved it 
sahibasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
oh congrats for the new story dear...
loved the prologue...
shagun is no more...childhood best friends...amazing..>!!!!!
cont soon!!!!!
waiting eagerly!!!
BombayPonnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: vampire12345678

Really very nice 

I think u typed peehu by mistake and it had to be ruhi 
U might wanna edit but amazing concept loved it 

Thanks!!
I dont know how that happens each time.. lol.. thanks for pointng out!!
BombayPonnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: sahibasharma

oh congrats for the new story dear...

loved the prologue...
shagun is no more...childhood best friends...amazing..>!!!!!
cont soon!!!!!
waiting eagerly!!!

Thanks Sahiba!
The updates wont be very frequent like the previous one! Busy with studies!
Akshatha19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wow...beautiful start to the story... 
 chudy buddy stories excited...

eagerly waiting...
Aru.Divan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hi Priya, Glad to have you back with another story ..
Lovely start and interesting Subbu track and Puttar is back
Start your magic !!
Waiting for your next update already
Thanks for the Pm
sulochana90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
amazing plz update soon 
BombayPonnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Akshatha19

wow...beautiful start to the story... 

chudy buddy stories excited...

eagerly waiting...

Hey Akshatha!
Not exactly a Chuddy Buddy story.. But a story abou friendship, trust, care and love!