Dare 2 Dance

Semi-Final: Review

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Long episode. πŸ˜† This is also the last episode I'm going to review. The finale is going to be crazy to try and review. I'll just make some comments on who won and who I felt should have won.

Akshay's entry - Bond is here! πŸ˜‰ And I love that he showed off his dance moves on the ice as well. He's one of the coolest hosts I've seen. He gets involved. He's just not standing back. The other hosts like that are Salman Khan (Bigg Boss) and Amitabh Bachchan (KBC).

The expert performance - I loved the performance by the 8 or so dancers. They were stellar! Respect for them.

The finale - Only 4 people will go to the finale. At the moment, based on cards, that would be Amar, Sanam, and Emilie for sure. And one from Scarlett and Sayantani and Mayuri. Now it remains to be seen who will actually go home. Also there won't be any red cards. They'll just get 1 green, 2 greens, or no green. Akshay will give his cards at the end, which may be a finale card as well. The red cards don't seem to count. That's a good move. We won't know and they won't know who goes on yet.

Alisha's performance - I'll be honest I felt that the performance concentrated more on the partner's skills than Alisha's. She was there, but I was watching her partner more than her. I don't think that's good. But it seems that Sanjay didn't agree and therefore she gets 1 green, bringing her total to 5 greens, waiting on Akshay's decision.

Rithvik's performance - His performance was a lot better, but once again I felt the partner was doing more than he was. He does need 4 greens to stay and I don't feel know if it'll get the 4 greens that he needs to go to the finale. The performance was nothing stellar, but his skating and expressions really stood out. And it turns out I'm wrong as he gets 2 greens, bringing his total to 4 greens, waiting on Akshay's decision.

AmRit - And then some fun with AmRit dancing together. Please cast them in Dostana together. This will be hilarious. Rithvik as Shashi Kapoor, Amar as Sharmila Tagore and they dance. Oh god it was too much fun. I need a full 3 hours of Dostana fun from them. πŸ€£

Emilie's performance - The first performance where I was watching both the same amount. Emilie and her partner were both so good that I didn't realize that one was a professional and the other was doing it for the first time. They were that good, but she only got 1 green. I don't understand this Sanjay. Anyways 7 greens, pending Akshay's decision.

Prince's performance - Wow! Akshay comes out onto the ice to watch Prince. He's basically done it once with every contestant. And I hate you Prince. I royally hate you. That performance was so good that I just hate you. πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜† Not really. He's just so good that I feel like hating him for it. And he gets 2 greens bringing his total to 6 greens, pending Akshay's decision.

Sayantani's performance - She did almost no movement in certain parts and at other parts it was so obvious that she was scared that it took away from the dance. I don't think she deserves even one green, but I think she'll get them both. After all she's the glam quotient. Then they both prove me wrong but she doesn't get even 1 green, bringing her total to 5 greens, pending Akshay's decision.

Sanam's performance - He's on his way to win the show. The article wasn't wrong and I think that it's right. But let's see. His performance was good. This was the first performance where it concentrated more on Sanam and less on the partner's dance abilities. Up to now each performance had concentrated on the partner more or equally. And as expected he gets 2 greens bringing his total to 8 greens, pending Akshay's decision. The show was wrong when it said 10 greens. He got 2 reds last week. So he had 6 greens last week and then 2 more today makes it 8. And of course he gets his final card like I expected. So now there are only 3 spots left.

Amar's performance - I wish the camera hadn't done that weird thing at the beginning, but on to the performance. His performance was so sweet and lovely. His and his partner's expressions just added to the beauty of the performance. Another performance that I absolutely loved, especially how he stood up and continued as if nothing happened when he fell. I hope that doesn't go against him, but I think it will. My expectation is that Sanjay won't give him a green, but let's see. It turns out I'm wrong and Sanjay gives him a green and Francois doesn't. He has a total of 7 greens, pending Akshay's decision.

Mayuri's performance - The fact that she used to skate could be used against her if she makes even one mistake. She chose a song that requires a lot of energy and she really lived up to it. And I especially loved how for a bit she was dancing alone without a partner. It gave you a chance to concentrate on her fully without a professional partner blocking your view. Another performance I absolutely loved. She totally deserves 2 greens, which brings her total to 7 greens, waiting on Akshay's decision.

Scarlett's performance - Her performance was good, but once again I felt the concentration was on the partner more. He was doing the lifts. She was just being carried around. And then the deadly fall. Darn both fell on top of that. Not just Scarlett. I do feel that she milked it after that by doing the emotional thing of being hurt. I'm a skater as well and the way she fell, I've fallen multiple times and never hurt myself. Yeah I'm sore afterwards and my muscles cry if I move them, but I've never been taken out on a stretcher. And even though I usually wear a helmet, I fell once without a helmet. But I'm sure that if she was taken away then it must be something serious. We won't find out what she got until later so she's currently at 5 greens.

Akshay's decision - Sayantani doesn't get any greens leaving her total at 5 greens. Mayuri gets 2 greens bringing her total to 9 greens and she gets into the finale as well. Rithvik gets 2 greens bringing his total to 6 greens. Scarlett didn't finish her performance so she is disqualified and only ends at 5 greens. Amar gets 2 greens bringing his total to 9 greens and he gets a finale card as well. Yes! At least 2 people I wanted are in the finale. Amar and Mayuri. Emilie has 7 greens and Akshay gives her a green card and a finale card. All 4 positions are now taken.

Finalists - I'm happy with 3 finalists: Amar, Mayuri, and Emilie. I felt that Sanam didn't deserve it as much as Alisha, Prince, or Rithvik. But still I guess that's how it will be given that he might just win.

Akshay's decision continues - He decides to send one more person to the finale. Alisha gets 2 greens bringing her total to 7 greens. Rithvik, Scarlett, and Sayantani are out. They're not going through. This is now between Alisha and Prince. Akshay gives Prince 1 green, bringing his total to 7 greens as well. Now there's a tie between Alisha and Prince and they will face-off for the last position.

Face-off - Both were ready to do or die it seems based on the way they were dancing. Thankfully this wasn't a performance on skates, but on shoes, even though they were on the ice. Both were great, but I think Alisha deserved it more. The 4 finalists join the judges and Akshay on the stage and the 5th finalist is Prince. Yep he deserved it as well. So I'm glad.

Finalists - Amar, Sanam, Prince, Mayuri, and Emilie will face off for one last time tomorrow in the finale. Good luck to all 5!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prtn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Just to say I ve read all ur reviews and like them

And about today...I agree about alisha..will sanam win?? Agree with u on that too..my bet s on amar

Not only bcoz he dances but who else can carry off a yr long contract with life ok...

But thanks for this..been wanting to say
Rush_25 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nice review. Will watch the epi once it airs here. I know Sanam might just win  like the article mentioned.  I so want Kunwar Amar to win! I don't care what judges think. I just want him to win... Period.
-Cara- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
When did Sanam get two red cards? There was no episode last week and a week prior to that he was the performer of the day. Am i missing something here? 
Btw i agree with your review except that i feel Sanam deserves to be in the finale.  
Edited by -Cara- - 9 years ago
Minionite thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Cara-

When did Sanam get two red cards? There was no episode last week and a week prior to that he was the performer of the day. Am i missing something here? 

Btw i agree with your review except that i feel Sanam deserves to be in the finale.  

If I remember correctly last to last weekend he received one red card from one of the judges and one red card from Akshay. Sorry I skipped last weekend so I accidentally said last weekend.
Wings-of-Fire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I can't believe Akshay gave Prince only one green! He and Sanam were the best performers, in fact if Prince and Sanam are to be taken as standard, none other even danced (except Mayuri).
So_Naley thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: KhotaSikaShreya

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">If I remember correctly last to last weekend he received one red card from one of the judges and one red card from Akshay. Sorry I skipped last weekend so I accidentally said last weekend.</font>

But he also has 2 extra greens from the gold card he recieved.Hence, 10 greens!Edited by So_Naley - 9 years ago
So_Naley thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing review.

I think Prince was outstanding today!Miles better than Alisha.

I guess they just wanted to bring in some drama with the face-off that is why one green for Prince.Coz Akshay genuinely seemed awestruck after Prince's performance.Thereis no way he would have given only.one green in that moment.Phew, so much planning these ppl do!

As per the face-off, Alisha was better.She showed versitality and her movements were so utterly graceful.Prince was good, but he slipped a couple of times and played very safe.

I think Emily deserves to win!That chick has been head and shoulders above the rest in term of performances for the entire competition.

I absolutely love Amar but considering he is currently doing D3 means that there is no way he is bound by a Life OK contract.He won a lot of hearts in the competition and that is all that matters to me.

Sanam is pretty good.But the channel is just overdoing it by praising him every opportunity they get.That seriously puts me off!

Mayuri has just given 3 performances and reached the finale.She is great but its not fair if she wins coz.she has not worked nearly as hard as the others.Its hard luck for her that she was a wildcard.

I am so looking forward to Ritvik's tribute to Akshay.Something tell me that performance is gonna be bangin!
nature-beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i love ur reviews shreya
it almost matches with my opinion. 
well 99% of the content i must say

here is my review

Alisha - as u rightly said it made to look at her partner more than her.
i felt she didnt do much steps on her part.

rithvik - he totally was outstanding in his performance. So beautiful it was.
the best performance of the episode.

Emilie - it was good but  i felt something was lacking. I didnt see that Emilie as i have seen in her previous performances. 

Prince - yes it was good. Clean, nice but one thing im disappointed is he never showed any variation in his performances except today that he tried Paso Doble.

Sayantani - likhne keliye kuch hona chahiye yaar 

Sanam - yeah it was good not bad but i loved rithvik's more than sanam performance

Amar - it was totally beautiful. the most loving part during his performance was his smile it always steals my heart hayeee. u r definitely daring coz even though u slipped u stood up and completed ur performance. U r making me proud day by day

mayuri - she was outstanding. being a trained ice skater she did it very very well.

Scarlett - well it was very nice. If that injury woudnt have happened she would have definitely be in finale.

so for me the finalists should be Amar, Emilie,Alisha and Sanam.
that would be my order.

but seriously yaar im gonna miss our job of giving reviews for every episode. This is going to be my fav reality show till date for completing it without any fights and giving our honest reviews for everyone's performance

it was really nice talking to u Shreya😊
Edited by nature-beauty - 9 years ago
nature-beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i think sanam is not the winner coz he performed for ZEE TV
i might be wrong also coz acc. to articles he is the winner