Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cineraria thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

hello cineraria, pilleejh to take the edits. i am thrilled you like. thank you thank you.

pixlr editor is the one i use, sometimes express. i am a very basic edit maker... that black and white with touch of colour is the kamal of duplicate layer, eraser and a bit of contrast play.

thanks so much for reading the ramble... soon i will have not much to go on about, as isstory will take a break for hamesha, maybe i'll just make loads of edits then. πŸ˜†.

the lines in purple, yeah, this asr character... stunning really. was telling my friend just now, who said breaking bad has led to her having she serious discussions with her son on moral and ethical issues i said asr has the same effect on me, as does the destruction of female characters. 

when we are done with turning our noses up at all things on a screen and considered that scary word "popular", we might actually chance upon the really meaningful stuff here...

and really, i think the actor of asr interpreted him with so much integrity... made him just reach out and touch a nerve or sinew or artery in me.

Ahaaa, pixlr and express. Thank you behen, now I get the edits and the softwares as well. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ Oh what you call as ramble is such a delight to read, I have bookmarked the mega index of BFTP, I'll catch up with all of it, islowly islowly. 

And say bhat, more edits, πŸ₯³ I am making a folder now, dedicated to the edits you guys make, all of you are fabulous. πŸ‘

But I am already pheeling bhery sad, we have already crossed the 300 mark,  and post the remarriage, no matter how much of our brains we invest, there was no sanity left in the plot, not even insanity, just some crap and some more. πŸ˜­

Honestly the only reason I still watched the show was to get glimpses of the ASR who had had me entranced to begin with. 

I agree, the character of ASR was an allegory, it represented an ideology, the same could have been with khushi as well, but her character was largely inconsistent and like you said, the realism in it was sacrificed to pander to a contrived notion of idealism. 

A character in a written medium is an author's vision and a reader's imagination but when that character comes alive on one's screen, the third dimension of the actor's personality has a huge impact on it. If ASR was played by someone else (very hard to even imagine), it wouldn't have been the one I know, I am not even sure if I would have ever paused on a desi sabun channel to know him if that were the case.
cineraria thumbnail

"pagalpan aur madness toh hai, jahan khushi ho wahan pagalpan aur madness toh hona hi hai..." there's insanity and madness, but where there's khushi ther has to be insanity and madness.

didn't quite like that. too too too pat. episodes back, that "pagal" after the success of the getting payal to admit her love for akash, or the pagal of holi, or the pagal hai par cute hai... they were all lovely. this one was asr with artificial sweeteners. not good in ad, not good in skd.

okay, he has hit upon an idea to get her back to her smile... that's it! purane moments.

Before replying to that fabulously put analysis of 300, I can't help but quote these last lines and say same pinch. 

So bang on with your ASR with artificial sweetness, it had made me cringe frankly. His earlier remarks of "pagal" and that adorable, semi conscious confession of how cute she is in her craziness... she drives me crazy, were done with such matter of fact-ness. Unlike this one which sounded like a Khushi advertisement. 
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cineraria

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000099">Ahaaa, pixlr and express. Thank <i>youbehen, now I get the edits and the softwares as well.πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒOh what you call as ramble is such a delight to read, I have bookmarked the mega index of BFTP, I'll catch up with all of it, islowly islowly.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000099">And say bhat, more edits,πŸ₯³I am making a folder now, dedicated to the edits you guys make, all of you are fabulous.πŸ‘</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000099">But I am already pheeling bhery sad, we have already crossed the 300 mark,and post the remarriage, no matter how much of our brains we invest, there was no sanity left in the plot, not even insanity, just some crap and some more.😭</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000099">Honestly the only reason I still watched the show was to get glimpses of the ASR who had had me entranced to begin with.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000099">I agree, the character of ASR was an allegory, it represented an ideology, the same could have been with khushi as well, but her character was largely inconsistent and like you said, the realism in it was sacrificed to pander to a contrived notion of idealism.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2" color="#000099">A character in a written medium is an author's vision and a reader's imagination but when that character comes alive on one's screen, the third dimension of the actor's personality has a huge impact on it. If ASR was played by someone else (very hard to even imagine), it wouldn't have been the one I know, I am not even sure if I would have ever paused on a desi sabun channel to know him if that were the case.</font>

Channeling the spirit of Anjali,"aap ithni si ho, lekin baath bahuth acchi karthey ho" (humraa hindi thodi kamjor hai, so forgiviya pleej!!!) You put it so beautifully. A huge part of the connect we feel with the characters is because of the way the actors brought them to life. If not for sanaya, I don't think I could've stood khushi, the way they've made her out to be now. Watching the reruns, I think I won't be watching most of it from now on. The other day after watching one of the remarriage episodes, I went and watched some of the old episodes, I felt sad for the two characters, for what became of them. Even ASR, maybe not to the extent of khushi was played with.
cineraria thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

Channeling the spirit of Anjali,"aap ithni si ho, lekin baath bahuth acchi karthey ho" (humraa hindi thodi kamjor hai, so forgiviya pleej!!!) You put it so beautifully. A huge part of the connect we feel with the characters is because of the way the actors brought them to life. If not for sanaya, I don't think I could've stood khushi, the way they've made her out to be now. Watching the reruns, I think I won't be watching most of it from now on. The other day after watching one of the remarriage episodes, I went and watched some of the old episodes, I felt sad for the two characters, for what became of them. Even ASR, maybe not to the extent of khushi was played with.

Thank you, thank you behen. I am so glad you liked. 

@bold: So true, so true. Hats off to Sanaya, despite all the over the topness in Khushi, despite the buffoonery, she carried it off, and carried it so well that her graceful self wasn't lost in the idiocy. It was in fact just so endearing. 
But still, the Khushi I had rooted for, cheered for, loved with my life was lost during Arnav Bitwa visits Gupta House track. She did bounce back to her original glory time and again, but later on, I couldn't even recognize the girl, I had once totally related with. 

Dear creatives had spared none. ASR was tampered with and ruined on almost the same scale. The ASR who had disembarked from that chopper from day one, inspiring awe and a genuine fear, the authority he practised, oh just where was he lost, behind those borderline goofy smiles at his wife's antics. 

I remember somersaulting over my bed in happiness much to my father's amusement when I saw him getting angry finally, in one of those Mrs. India episodes, when he sees Khushi on the stage in front of him as a contestant and she runs away with her sandals in hand. See, how starved I was to just get a glimpse of his infamous anger.  

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BHAVII

You damn right about the singers. By the time you know them they are gone in thin air just like the insensical songs and its lyrics

I liked his Khuda jaane and the song from Gangster too apart from Tadap Tadap.  His voice sure had the depth. 

@ Indu does it mean this thread is run by aunties apart from one or twoπŸ˜›

For your guileless abs Khushi query Bhavii ,😊

Aunty ho ya twenty

A madness unparalleled

We all have in plenty

What if we turned a few yrs

More than asr and khushi

We are all here to celebrate

The one and only tv show

That makes us all super senti...

Samjhi aap...😊

Here is to my bakwas poetry... πŸ˜†

on a serious note, I do think that's the supreme quality of IPK, the script, characters, enacting, music.. that the so called many jaded cynical middle aged working women (me one among them) who were never into desi soaps are vortexed into this love story from all corners of globe. To immensely like something one among the many you watch is one thing.. but to pull people into stuff that they thoroughly written off and never really cared is altogether another...

that's why IPK is a trendsetter.. a phenomenon...

oh well.. again you are talking to a... an IPK jaded..yes yes...

hormonal aunty...πŸ˜†

Ria, yes, that term was coined by hedge saab.. you didn't read his (in) famous letter?
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

</div>

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">For your guileless abs Khushi queryBhavii ,😊</font>

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font>

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><em></font>

<font size="2">Aunty ho ya twenty</font>

<font size="2">A madness unparalleled</font>

<font size="2">We all have in plenty</font>

<font size="2">What if we turned a few yrs</font>

<font size="2">More than asr and khushi</font>

<font size="2">We are all here to celebrate</font>

<font size="2">The one and only tv show</font>

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">That makes us all super senti...</font>

<font size="2">
<div>

Samjhi aap...😊</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font>

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here is to my bakwas poetry... πŸ˜†

on a serious note, I do think that's thesupreme quality of IPK, the script, characters, enacting, music.. that the so called many jaded cynical middle agedworkingwomen (me one among them) who were never into desi soaps are vortexed into this love story from all corners of globe. To immensely like something one among the many you watch is one thing.. but topull people into stuff that they thoroughly written off and never really cared is altogether another...

hormonal aunty...πŸ˜†

Ria, yes, that term was coined by hedge saab.. you didn't read his (in) famous letter?
</font>

Bakwas! Nahin, nahin! You spoke for all of us, Indu, the jaded lot! πŸ˜†
bhavis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

For your guileless abs Khushi query Bhavii ,😊

Aunty ho ya twenty

A madness unparalleled

We all have in plenty

What if we turned a few yrs

More than asr and khushi

We are all here to celebrate

The one and only tv show

That makes us all super senti...

Samjhi aap...😊

Here is to my bakwas poetry... πŸ˜†

on a serious note, I do think that's the supreme quality of IPK, the script, characters, enacting, music.. that the so called many jaded cynical middle aged working women (me one among them) who were never into desi soaps are vortexed into this love story from all corners of globe. To immensely like something one among the many you watch is one thing.. but to pull people into stuff that they thoroughly written off and never really cared is altogether another...

hormonal aunty...πŸ˜†

wah wah induπŸ‘ 
Itne acche se samjaonge to koi bhi aunty samaj jayegiπŸ‘πŸΌ 

Truly a trendsetter it is and for the red above - I too fall in the same category πŸ˜ƒ 

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cineraria

Behen πŸ€—  I can give you a list of at least 100 songs of his that are to die for. Many of them never got all that popular,   

I hear you, most of these songs are nonsensical, frankly I am not much fond of the kind of music being churned out of late. As far as Bollywood music is concerned, late 50s, 60s and 70s are my absolute favorite. That was the golden era, timeless melodies, soulful singers and lyrics. Those songs are still alive, still heard, still enjoyed unlike the chartbusters with shelf life less than that of a soap bubble. 🀒 

Heartening to hear that from a Youngistani ria... Surely the golden era.. I do like many songs lately. but none remains in the memory layers for long... easily replaceable.. there seem to be no depth in voice or lyrics at least for me.. Sonu is some one I absolutely love, but then again I don't feel he is versatile altho he sang all genres..

Made a vm with old songs for asr- Kh some time ago. have a look when you get a chance. not to market..:)  just thought you might like songs of that golden era on these two.

Bhavii, yes Gangster and sajde me are very nice. another sajde from Khatta mettha, hubby made me here the day it was released almost. very nice that one too..
Tadap tadap ke, the range of notes is quite wide, Not many can pull it off easily. It is used as a bench mark in many reality shows for the quality of a singer, rightly so.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
was reading the posts...

asr minus gussa, how will he think, how will he breathe. how will i breathe.

oh that khushi's ott... which brought me, in despair, ragged, breathing gone shallow to the forum, she who let asr fall on gobar and bathed him at the roadside tube well... who is she? she who watches kamlesh khabri and daily horoscope baba and decides to kill herself... did a chudail from some other serial take over her body/mind/soul?

she never did recover from that whole thing.

how could she. once you've said a girl can contemplate killing herself because she thinks, based on a tv show, that her husband is in love with someone else and his entire game is to kill her to take care of some problem in his horoscope and so she will do the job yourself because, er, i have no idea why... and before leaving she will write cutesiepie will to show how loving and sweet she is (hayee re gautam hagde, instead of bothering about hormonal aunties, you should have worried about your hormone delpleted writing), i mean, who shall have my old mojris and my plastic stars???... and then she make several calls while perched on a parapet ready to jump...

i mean really, can anyone resurrect a girl one can relate to post that?

and yet i watch. really because of that man and his flaring nostrils... and little glimpses of deadly pyaar.

thankfully soon there will be nothing to write. just make edits and stare at asr.

kizh72 thumbnail

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">was reading the posts...

asr minus gussa, how will he think, how will he breathe. how will i breathe.

oh that khushi's ott... which brought me, in despair, ragged, breathing gone shallow to the forum, she who let asr fall on gobar and bathed him at the roadside tube well... who is she? she who watches kamlesh khabri and daily horoscope baba and decides to kill herself... did a chudail from some other serial take over her body/mind/soul?

she never did recover from that whole thing.

how could she. once you've said a girl can contemplate killing herself because she thinks, based on a tv show, that her husband is in love with someone else and his entire game is to kill her to take care of some problem in his horoscope and so she will do the job yourself because, er, i have no idea why... and before leaving she will write cutesiepie will to show how loving and sweet she is (hayee re gautam hagde, instead of bothering about hormonal aunties, you should have worried about your hormone delpleted writing), i mean, who shall have my old mojris and my plastic stars???... and then she make several calls while perched on a parapet ready to jump...

i mean really, can anyone resurrect a girl one can relate to post that?

and yet i watch. really because of that man and his flaring nostrils... and little glimpses of deadly pyaar.

thankfully soon there will be nothing to write. just make edits and stare at asr.

</font>

Nandakissore, its good to see you! Gah, lets not even talk about it, I was looking at some of the edits that you did for epis 56, 57,58, that clear eyed khushi, why did they kill off that girl? Will remain one of those great mysteries I guess! Yeah, chudail attack! chudail attacked the writers is more like it!Edited by kizh72 - 9 years ago