I don't understand Jethalal's psychology

TMKOC_FAN thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

My name is Disha and I am a new member of IF.I love tmkoc.It's my favorite show.

I just want to share with you all my opinions regarding jethalal.

Jethalal is a very good husband.He loves and cares for daya a lot.We saw so many instances where he proved his love for daya.

But one thing I don't understand about him is why is he liking babita?I read in a book that if one is not happy in his marriage,then only he will look at other women and try to find happiness in them.But jethalal loves daya a lot.I know you all will say,"men will always be men and it's their nature to look at beautiful women and flirt with them" but jethalal has a strict father.Doesn't he realize that if his father comes to know about his flirting then what will be jethalal's condition?Bapuji who loves his bahu more than his beta will literally kill him.If daya comes to know about jethalal and babita then she will feel so hurt?And his prestige will be ruined in front of his employees and the gokuldham society members.

Why is he liking babita when he is so happy with daya? 

And another thing is I hate the way Jethalal looks at Iyyer.He looks at him with disgust and hatred.Why?Yes,he has married the beautiful Babita even though he is ugly and dark?But so what?Lot of men all over india are ugly and dark.Don't they get married to beautiful women?Even Jethalal himself is so ugly and not at all fair,so didn't daya,who is also beautiful,marry him?If jethalal got such a beautiful wife then why is he feeling jealous of iyyer?And he literally hates iyyer!All the time iyyer has to say sorry to him if he misbehaves with jethalal but jethalal never says sorry to him even though he sometimes insults him a lot.Iyyer has helped him so many times whenever he was in trouble but jethalal has never helped iyyer.Ulta he wants iyyer to be always in trouble.In the CID track jethalal helped him because babita was also trapped in the case but he wanted iyyer to remain in police custody even though he knew iyyer is also innocent.

So why does Jethalal hate Iyyer when he also got a beautiful wife like Daya? 

I am not hating Jethalal.But there are certain things about him which I don't like and therefore I made this topic.If I offended people then I am sorry.
Edited by TMKOC_FAN - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.mOSAIc. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Couldn't agree more with you. I had always seen Babita being the cause between Jetha-Iyer rift, but it's actually Jethalal's immature and irresponsible psyche. Sometimes, it feels as if he is cheating upon his wife. OK, attraction is fine but here it is more than that. He keeps on waiting for a look of hers while offering water to the Sun and then while going to his shop his heart is always wanting to see Babita. Moreover, he is so rude to Iyer only because he is the husband of a beauty whom he wanted to possess somewhere deep into his heart, mere jealousy and unnecessary possessiveness. Then, at times he is so disrespectful towards his wife but to Babita, he is always that innocent - sweet - well mannered guy who can never be harsh on anyone. It's OK till he is friends with her but him wanting to see more and more of her, makes me feel that if this continues, he will soon turn into a stalker.
My personal Views.  NOM. And please don't make your mind that I hate Jetha from this post. It's just an opinion on an issue raised.
Chitragandha thumbnail
There are so many rubbish tracks running in the show in the name of entertainment and humour. This is one of those nonsensical track.
Still, lets try to put some sense to it.
initially Daya was not what she gradually became. Sarvagunsampann naari. She was dumb as hell, irritating and an embarrassment to him. In comparison, Babita was this suave, educated, refined and ultra-glamorous woman. His heart must have wanted a wife like her.
He is inherently a supercilious jerk. He thinks no end of himself. Hence he has never bothered to think why babita has married Iyyer and not him. He never has any complex about his lack of education or manners. He thinks he is much much better than Iyyer and he deserved somebody like Babita and Babita on her part, deserved somebody like him. So he is insanely jealous of Iyyer. 
A point to ponder is, would Babita have put up with his MCP attitide? But as I said, Jetha is beyond introspection.
They started with this track and now they are carrying it further, bcz creatives think it is funny and popular. In meantime, Daya has evolved almost into a super human. So Jetha has to value her. So he is having best of both worlds.🤢

BTW, Iyyer is quite handsome. Many people can find dark skin attractive. Secondly, a person of his calibre, a scientist cannot be judged by his looks.
india2050 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Also Dya is otherwise known to read Jetha's mind-But somehow she has MENTAL CONSTIPATION as regards to her dear hubby's infatuation towards Baabitha-Or she is true bharatiya nari-suffering inspite of his flirtations-Also Babita gives him too much bhav more than Iyer to the extent of always supporting jetha vs iyer .She is also enjoying all the attention lavished on her by jetha-& mehta is supposed to be his friend-Cant he bring him back to his senses-Tappu will be married-still Jetha & his stupid crush on Babita will never end!!!Sick
Chitragandha thumbnail
Yes, this track is creepy. It disturbs you rather than entertaining you. I always squirm when this is going on.🤢 I hate Jetha and Babita. But the day when there is none of this crap, I find Jetha quite lovable. This is one reason, why I can't be his fan.
thesameguy4u thumbnail
Well to be frank I'm failing to understand your psychology.. u said "Lot of men all over india are ugly and dark.Don't they get married to beautiful women?Even Jethalal himself is so ugly and not at all fair,so didn't daya,who is also beautiful,marry him?" 
I think you have your own underlined biases, does dark mean ugly to you? And you saying even Jetha is ugly? I mean beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.. there will be many infact who would not find Babita that attractive but others will.. as humans though who are we to decide who is beautiful and who isn't? Absolutely negative approach you have.. 
and about his flirting, I mean all of us have seen the show for so long, I can understand that we do not like the gradual degrading in the comic content but this Jetha thing has been going on for long now.. earlier we used to like all this now we don't coz it is getting too much and too blatant.. but people saying they are turning to other shows or finding other shows more comic than TMKOC will eventually criticise those shows too for getting repetitive.. I mean it happens after 5 or so years, yes TMKOC team will have to work on refreshing the show but this bashing is not required..TMKOC has given us loads of hilarious moments and I hope will continue to do so in the near future..
TMKOC_FAN thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: thesameguy4u

Well to be frank I'm failing to understand your psychology.. u said "Lot of men all over india are ugly and dark.Don't they get married to beautiful women?Even Jethalal himself is so ugly and not at all fair,so didn't daya,who is also beautiful,marry him?"

I think you have your own underlined biases, does dark mean ugly to you? And you saying even Jetha is ugly? I mean beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.. there will be many infact who would not find Babita that attractive but others will.. as humans though who are we to decide who is beautiful and who isn't? Absolutely negative approach you have..
and about his flirting, I mean all of us have seen the show for so long, I can understand that we do not like the gradual degrading in the comic content but this Jetha thing has been going on for long now.. earlier we used to like all this now we don't coz it is getting too much and too blatant.. but people saying they are turning to other shows or finding other shows more comic than TMKOC will eventually criticise those shows too for getting repetitive.. I mean it happens after 5 or so years, yes TMKOC team will have to work on refreshing the show but this bashing is not required..TMKOC has given us loads of hilarious moments and I hope will continue to do so in the near future..

No,I don't have any bias towards anybody nor do I feel that dark complexioned people are ugly.I made this post from jethalal's point of view.He thinks iyyer is ugly because he's dark.He is of this opinion that beautiful women should always marry beautiful men that's why he always wonders why did babita marry iyyer.He's not able to understand that marriage is beyond looks and looks are not so important as he thinks.He has this superiority complex.He thinks he's the most handsome, most intelligent person in the world and that's why he looks down upon others.
I made the whole post from jethalal's point of view.Probably you didn't understand my post. He thinks iyyer is ugly,not me.
thesameguy4u thumbnail
Well I replied to what you wrote now you are back-tracking like typical politicians, lol.. anyway, I would take it whichever way you meant, it's your point of view.. coming on to the show, well I do believe even the writers and the minds behind TMKOC will have their prejudices and biases and they come up from time to time, I mean nothing can be perfect, TMKOC has been hilarious at times and it has been ridiculous too but so have we all been in our lives too.. infact whole humanity needs to change their mindsets.. and if we are looking for such perfections in comedy shows in India I do not think we will get them, ever.. well thats why smaller shows would be better in that sense, like in the good old doordarshan days, Flop Show (was extremely short), Dekh Bhai Dekh etc... but that is not how it is going on in the TV industry as of now, even those shows would have got their criticisms had they run so long, I remember Shekhar Suman being supremely funny but he did flirt here and there, so with Jethalal the same, sometimes flirting with Babita ji was may be funny like the swimming one I did find that comic and hilarious (I wouldn't say it was ok) but I agree it looks odd now that we have seen it over and over again... all in all I think you and many others are analysing it too much.. yes Jethiya ðŸ˜‰ has his problems with Iyer and those clearly have been shown to be sort of racist in nature but Iyer too has his share of problems with Jetha, I mean how he talks to him, how he always try to degrade him, how his being a scientist he too looks down upon Jetha more than anybody else.. in my belief even that is as bad as racism, I mean not everyone can be a scientist or a doctor and you cannot think that you are superior just because of your education!! Dunno, God bless anyway!
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Isiko hypocrisy kehte hai to be precise. 
Like Mehta gives long pravachans on gender equality but is embarassed to do houehold jobs

Like Hathi is a doctor but still suffers from obesity .

Like Champak chacha knows everything about everything but still wanted to get Tappu married. He also wont allow his son a single chance to do anything wrong but will himself fake identity to meet the stars of Bol Bacchan

Like the all educated people of GD society will religiously try Daya's stupid idea

And so on..

Initially Jetha was shown as a clever but uneducated businessman. SInce he is not educated himself he has no idea how important education is. Thus, Iyyer is judged on the basis of colour only. 

In one episode he said to Daya how he wanted to marry a stylish and educated woman but bapuji wont allow him to do so. Therefore Daya came into his life. He doesn't even care to know that he cannot have a wife of his dreams because he is not qualified himself.

Why he flirts with Babita ? He actually is mesmerized by her style, her attitude and beauty.

I think its so not correct thing to do but I have seen many man doing so. Being a female myself I have experienced unwanted attention from men. Its right or wrong lets not debate on that as of now but its not really an unknown feature, is it ?

Waise Iyyer also want to put Jetha in trouble and helps him only under Babita's pressure.

1. Ayurvedic Shampoo track

2. Kaun banega Murga track

3. Sheru track : A man can actually die of fear. Iyyer knowing how much Jetha is scared of dogs deliberately did that.

4. Babita's bday track: He not only insulted Jetha but also insulted his whole family.

Jetha is a helpful person otherwise. Be it Sodhi, Bhide or anyone outside the GD society, he has helped everyone. He even helped unknown people

P.S: I do not support a  married man trying to appease another married woman. This post has nothing to do with the righteousness of Jethalal's behaviour. Its just to understand why does this man behaves this way. Is he one of his kind or we have people like him in the real world ?

Edited by dey.bh - 9 years ago
india2050 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dey.bh

Isiko hypocrisy kehte hai to be precise. 

Like Mehta gives long pravachans on gender equality but is embarassed to do houehold jobs

Like Hathi is a doctor but still suffers from obesity .

Like Champak chacha knows everything about everything but still wanted to get Tappu married. He also wont allow his son a single chance to do anything wrong but will himself fake identity to meet the stars of Bol Bacchan

Like the all educated people of GD society will religiously try Daya's stupid idea

And so on..

Initially Jetha was shown as a clever but uneducated businessman. SInce he is not educated himself he has no idea how important education is. Thus, Iyyer is judged on the basis of colour only. 

In one episode he said to Daya how he wanted to marry a stylish and educated woman but bapuji wont allow him to do so. Therefore Daya came into his life. He doesn't even care to know that he cannot have a wife of his dreams because he is not qualified himself.

Why he flirts with Babita ? He actually is mesmerized by her style, her attitude and beauty.

I think its so not correct thing to do but I have seen many man doing so. Being a female myself I have experienced unwanted attention from men. Its right or wrong lets not debate on that as of now but its not really an unknown feature, is it ?

Waise Iyyer also want to put Jetha in trouble and helps him only under Babita's pressure.

1. Ayurvedic Shampoo track

2. Kaun banega Murga track

3. Sheru track : A man can actually die of fear. Iyyer knowing how much Jetha is scared of dogs deliberately did that.

4. Babita's bday track: He not only insulted Jetha but also insulted his whole family.

Jetha is a helpful person otherwise. Be it Sodhi, Bhide or anyone outside the GD society, he has helped everyone. He even helped unknown people

Flirting with a woman when she is alone is one thing-Outright flirting with her when she is with her husband-Which self respecting hubby will like???Will Jetha like if Daya's old school mate come s& flirts with her in front of jethalal ?????Iyer's outburst is justified-Who will tolerate someone tearing his pocket (jethalal tearing Iyer's pocket to show it was loose)🤢🤢.
And Iyer not wanting to call jetha lal was also to a certain extent justified-Iyer was planning to surprise her with a party in a hotel so he acted like he forgot,Wht jetha lal did-buying a bouquet & acting oversmart to show he remembers Babita's b;day more than Iyer-What nonsense!!!!🤢.Initially these looked OK but father of a teenage son prancing around & flirting day in day out with a married woman everytime is distasteful!