|| Happy Birthday Mahesh Babu || Era of the Superstar ||

supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y P R I N C E H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y P R I N C E

"Nee Style Chagas, Nee Smile Khalas

Nee Nadake Classu Massu Dance
😎"

August 9th marks a very special day for fans of Telugu Cinema, especially the fans of one hero ⭐️.  For it celebrates the 39th birthday of this hero. The first two lines would've have probably gave away who we are talking about for those who are familiar.

But if you don't know, no worries. We're going to tell you anyways ⭐️

Back in 1975, a Superstar was born to a Superstar. Except, no one really thought he would become a Superstar. The expectations were high and there might've even been questions about whether he would actually live up to them.

So did he?

Well, the fact that we are calling him a Superstar today clearly shows that he has exceeded those expectations 😎

When this Superstar made his debut, he took the Telugu Film Industry by a storm. He broke records, set trends and was crowned as the Prince of Tollywood ⭐️

His fan following is tremendous and it continues to grow. This fandom consists of people from all ages - from children to adults and elders.

With his looks he stole hearts and became a heartthrob.

With his action, he became the darling of the masses

With his acting, he won the audience over

And with his mere presence alone, he set a new legacy

So who are we talking about?

It's none other than

the one and only

" Prince "
M A H E S H  B A B U

And as a way to celebrate Mahesh's birthday, the producers of his upcoming movie have released a teaser

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lTwOJj0TfQ&list=UU8mbSexPity9eEIHr547pUQ[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by supercool3 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Most of us are inquisitive about the real person behind the screens, and so the inquisitiveness is more when the actor who firmly believes in keeping private life as private and expects the privacy of life. However, here a few info which can be read as personal which is not so personal information.

For, Mahesh Babu Ghattamaneni, cinema runs in the family. He is born to the Super star of Telugu Cinema Ghattamaneni Krishna garu and Smt.Indira Devi, on the 9th of August, 1975, in Chennai. He has 4 siblings, of which Ramesh Babu, his elder brother is an actor turned producer, Padmavathi and actor turned producer Manjula are his elder sisters and Priyadarshini, the younger sister.

Mahesh spent most of his childhood in Chennai, at his maternal grandmother's place. Being born into the family of a Super star, Mahesh faced the camera, as a kid at the age of 4. 

Mahesh, studied in St. Bede's School in Chenna and later obtained Honors Degree in Commerce from Loyola College, Chennai.

Mahesh, married Former Miss India and Bollywood actor, Namrata Shirodkar on 10th February 2005, in Mumbai. The couple now have two kids, Gautham (8) and Sitara (2). Gautham debuted as a child actor in the movie "1 Nenokkadine" as the young Mahesh.

Few glimpses of personal life

Young Mahesh with his dad 

Mahesh with his dad Super Star Krishna

Mahesh with wife Namratha and kidsGautham and Sithaara

supercool3 thumbnail

Entering as a Child Artist
Mahesh Babu started as a child artist in the year 1979. He was only 4. His role was in the 1979 movie, Needa, which also marked the debut of his older brother Ramesh Babu. Again in 1983, he was casted as the younger sibling of his father's character in the movie Poratam. By this time itself, many realized that there was something about him and even predicted that he'll achieve great success.

The remaining of the 80s followed with more roles as a child artist in various movies like Sankharavam (1987), Bazaar Rowdy (1988), Mugguru Kodukulu (1988), Kiduku Diddina Kapuram (1989) etc. His last movie as a child artist was in the 1990 flick Anna Tammudu, after which he took a break to focus on his studies. He may have been a successful child artist, but there was a greater journey awaiting him.

The Arrival of the Hero
About 9 years later, Mahesh Babu (now 23/24) returned to the big screen again as a full-fledged hero. His debut movie as an adult was Raja Kumarudu opposite Preity Zinta, which also won him the Nandi Award for Best Male Debut. This movie also earned him his title as "Prince". This was followed by movies like Yuvaraju and Vamsi.

In 2001, the successful family drama Murari released with Mahesh playing the title character. He was cast opposite Sonali Bendre. In 2002, his movie Takkari Donga released. He played the role of a cowboy and this movie was a tribute to his father, Krishna, who is known as the cowboy of Telugu Cinema. He also had the movie Bobby, opposite Aarthi Agarwal, which released the same year.

Major Turning Point
In 2003, he was seen in the movie Okkadu, opposite Bhoomika Chawla. This was a huge turning point in Mahesh's career as it became on of the top grossers of it's time. He even won the Best Actor Award for it. This movie was subsequently remade in many different languages. This was followed by an amazing performance in the movie Nijam. The year 2004 started on an average note with Mahesh starring in SJ Suryah's Naani opposite Amisha Patel. Later on the year, the movie Arjun released which became a box office success.

The year 2005 was another game changer for Mahesh as his movie, Athadu released. He was paired with Trisha Krishnan. He won rave revious for his performance and the movie was another blockbuster. In 2006, the following year, Mahesh's Pokiri released. Pokiri became the highest-grossing Telugu film of that time and it broke all previous records. His pairing with Ileana D'Cruz also became sensational. In fact, many of Mahesh's dialogues are still remembered today as they have become iconic. The year also saw the release of Sainikudu.

The year 2007 saw the collaboration of Mahesh Babu with UTV for the movie Athidi, which made him the first corporate hero in TFI. This movie was an average grosser. After the release of Athidi, Mahesh took a 3 year break from acting. In between, he also lent his voice for the Pawan Kalyan starrer, Jalsa.

The Return of the Superstar
With Mahesh gone for three years, his fans were wondering when he'll be back. And just like that, he came back with a bang in 2010 with the movie Khaleja, directed by Trivikram Srinivas. He was paired opposite Anushka Shetty. The movie released to mixed reviews but became one of the highest grossing Telugu movies overseas.

In 2011, Mahesh's only release was Dookudu, in which he was paired with Samantha Ruth Prabhu. This movie became the hit of the year and it became the second highest grossing Telugu film after Magadheera. If the average run of Khaleja may have made the fans unhappy, Dookudu made up for it by becoming one of the biggest hits in Mahesh Babu's career. From the songs, to the dialogues, to the action, everything was appreciated by the audience.

In 2012, his movie, Businessman released. This saw the coming together of Mahesh and Puri Jagannadh (Pokiri director) after 6 long years. The movie opened to mixed reviews but was a box office success. At the end of this, Mahesh emerged as the highest paid actor in South India after Rakinikanth.

In 2013, the family drama Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu released. This movie was a multistarrer as it saw Mahesh teaming up with fellow actor Venkatesh. The movie also starred Anjali and Samantha. This movie became a blockbuster worldwide with Mahesh being praised for his acting.

In 2014, the movie 1: Nenokkadine released, under the direction of Sukumar. He was paired with Kriti Sanon, whom debuted in Telugu with this movie. This movie saw Mahesh playing the role of a rockstar who had no previous recollection of his identity. Though the movie got mixed reviews, Mahesh's acting was once again praised.

Up next, Mahesh is working on the movie Aagadu. This is directed by Srinu Vaitla, director of Dookudu, and he'll be paired with Tamannaah Bhatia.

munnihyderabad thumbnail

Mahesh Babu has a unique and exemplary style of dialogue delivery, with his flawless and subtle expressions on his face, the calm and restrained tone, pitch and  an amazing voice modulation, the effect of the dialogues is more powerful. He has this exemplifying ability to utter the dialogues in all dialects of Telugu language in a most easing and flawless manner . Most of the dialogues, in each of his film,  are iconic ranging from his  funny one liners or serious yet calm lines for the bad guys. Ask any Maheesh fan, they use few of these lines in a day to day basis at school, work or even at home. So on his birthday, we have picked few of his very famous iconic punch dialogues !! When he says those lines it's not just the words in a language, but the attitude, the persona, the charisma which makes these words as punch dialogues 

Movie : Pokiri (2006)
Translation : Once I've committed, I won't even listen to myself.

Movie : Athadu (2005)
Translation: Not telling the truth is a lie, but to make a lie the truth is a betrayal

Movie : Aagadu(yet to release)
Translation: Whether movies have an influence on people or not, there is a strong influence of punch dialogues

Movie : Dookudu (2011)
Translation: The one who has eyes only looks forward, but the one who has a mind can see the entire world.

Movie : Pokiri (2006)
Translation : One whose punch blocks your mind and spins your head is Pandu

Movie : Dookudu (2011)
Translation: My blood doesn't even know the meaning of fear 

Movie : Athadu (2005)
Translation: There's nothing wrong if you wish to see a gun; but if you wish to see the bullet you will be dead !!

Movie : Okkadu (2003)
Translation: Everyone dressed in white is not a factionist. This is not Kurnool, but old city (Hyderabad) !!

Movie : Pokiri(2006)
Translation: The time of entry is not important. What's important is if the bullet pierced through or not .

Edited by munnihyderabad - 9 years ago
supercool3 thumbnail

He Came, He Saw, He Conquered 😎

It's hard to think of a better title when one takes a look at the the 15 years of Mahesh's career in
the Telugu Film Industry.

Despite being the son of Superstar Krishna, Mahesh swept the audience off their feet with his performances. Today, people speak of Krishna as the father of Superstar Mahesh Babu 😎

And his accomplishments and awards are testimony to this great success that he has achieved.⭐️
⭐️⭐️

Here is Mahesh's list of awards/nominations:

1999 -
Nandi Award for Best Male Debut (Raja Kumarudu)

2001 -
Nandi Special Jury Award (Murari)

2002 -
Nandi Special Jury Award (Takkari Donga)

2003 -
Filmfare Award for Best Telugu Actor (Okkadu)
CineMaa Award for Best Actor (Okkadu)
Santosham Best Young Performers Award (Okkadu)
AP Cinegoer's Best Actor (Okkadu)
Nandi Award for Best Actor (Nijam)

2004 -
Nandi Special Jury Award (Arjun)

2005 -
Nandi Award for Best Actor (Athadu)
Vamsee Film Awards: Best Actor - NTR Swarna Kankanam (Athadu)

2006 -
Filmfare Award for Best Telugu Actor (Pokiri)
CineMAA Award for Best Male Actor (Pokiri)
Santosham Best Actor Award (Pokiri)
Vamsee Film Awards: Best Actor - NTR Swarna Kankanam (Pokiri)

2007 -
CineMaa Awards for Best Male Actor (Athidi)
Santosham Best Actor Award (Athidi)

2008 -
Vamsee Film Awards: Best Actor - NTW Swarna Kankanam (Athidi)

2011 -
Nandi Award for Best Actor (Dookudu)
Filmfare Telugu Award for Best Actor (Dookudu)
CineMAA Award for Best Male Actor (Dookudu)
South Indian International Movie Awards Best Actor (Dookudu)

2012 -
Filmfare Telugu Award for Best Actor (Businessman)(Nominated)
Santosham Film Awards (Businessman)
South Indian International Movie Awards Best Actor (Businessman)(Nominated)

2013 -
Filmfare Telugu Award for Best Actor - (Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu)
South Indian International Movie Awards Best Actor (Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu)(Nominated)

This list is only a summary of the glorious 15 years that Mahesh Babu has been acting in movies for. The real deal is completely unexplainable.

munnihyderabad thumbnail

There are so many special moments from Mahesh's movies or off-screen that gets the fans going crazy. Be it his iconic movie scenes, dialogues, ads, or even appearances at events, it really gets everyone excited.

So we thought of getting some of the best moments of Mahesh's 15 year career and compile it here.

Ever since 2010, Mahesh Babu is active on Twitter

https://twitter.com/urstrulyMahesh

He topped the Times of India's Most Desirable List for 2013

Mahesh Babu is 2013's most desirable man

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vicWXNsLD94[/YOUTUBE]

Winning the Best Male Actor once again at the recent Filmfare Awards for Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKlcXToTA14[/YOUTUBE]

Univercell Commercial

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSU0FkGavE[/YOUTUBE]

Mahesh Babu's return to movies after a 3-year hiatus (2007-2010)
No long break for me - Mahesh

Mahesh Babu's Pokiri will always remain the most iconic movie for his fans when it comes to dialogues.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=582BubLBIYY[/YOUTUBE]

Mahesh Babu's marriage to Namrata Shirodkar

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ZoZTi-Uos[/YOUTUBE]

Such is the craze of Mahesh Babu, that there was even a Telugu movie made, Ashta Chamma, which featured the lead actress as a Mahesh Babu fan. Once she finds out that Mahesh got married, she's heartbroken. So she vows to only marry someone who is named Mahesh 😆

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1aYuPozZjw[/YOUTUBE]

Since we can't list all, here are two popular songs of Mahesh Babu!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KONmDwxU6uE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyRwm7OCRPM[/YOUTUBE]

And just a few days earlier, he completed his 15 years in the film industry ever since he debuted as a hero back in 1999

Mahesh Babu completes 15 years in TFI!

Aahaana thumbnail
Happy Birthday, Mahesh...the superstar😎

PS!Lovely thread Jillu and Munni
supercool3 thumbnail
Happy Birthday Superstar Mahesh ⭐️

I'm a proud fan and I have no hesitations in admitting it ⭐️

munnihyderabad thumbnail
Happy Birthday Mahesh 🥳 
Aagadu teaser is amazing ⭐️
..GurmiT.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wish u a very very happy b'ady Mahesh Babu !