Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: rsnarula67

Was just trolling about the forum this morning, and this was a surprise.

I guess this must have been in the works - they just put the news out after JDJ aired.  Oh well!
Sad that they put out that same old "tantrum" story. I mean the PH/channel needs to learn to respect their actors. Such stories do not do the rounds without input from them. 

I watch only two Hindi shows - DKDM and another crime based show on another channel. So I cannot really comment on the acting abilities of this actress - Suhasi Dhami.
But lookswise, she does not seem to suit the role. Don't get me wrong, the lady is pretty. What I mean is as Parvati/Adi Shakti.  Casting of an actor usually involves physicality + acting ability + the composite with the main lead.

Lets's see, how DKDM will work it. Many a time, the actor that seems not right for a role, actually goes on to do great.   In any case, she needs only to match/better Puja, who from all accounts was not very popular as Parvati - so should be a piece of cake.

DKDM has lost much of its following.  All of us who are still here, are here as fans of the show - so actors coming and going do not make much of a difference. Except of course, Mr.Raina - his portrayal of Mahadev is spot on. If he goes, everyone goes.

THE REAL REPLACEMENT that DKDM requires is in the writing department. I mean it takes "real talent" to mess up the already available beautiful stories of  Lord Shiva.   I wish they could get back the writer who they started with.

Or better still do a big favour to Mr.Raina, and wind up!

@ bold... TRUE STORY !!...  πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ˜³ 
personally, for me this is good news.. and it has nothing to do with the new actress or the old ones..but has everything to do with the fact that now the makers wont compromise with the presence of or footage of adi shakthi in the show..bcoz frankly any track that does not involve shakthi turns out to b a boring track as far as i m concerned.. i hope the new actress does a better job..

Originally posted by: rsnarula67

Was just trolling about the forum this morning, and this was a surprise.

I guess this must have been in the works - they just put the news out after JDJ aired.  Oh well!
Sad that they put out that same old "tantrum" story. I mean the PH/channel needs to learn to respect their actors. Such stories do not do the rounds without input from them. 

I watch only two Hindi shows - DKDM and another crime based show on another channel. So I cannot really comment on the acting abilities of this actress - Suhasi Dhami.
But lookswise, she does not seem to suit the role. Don't get me wrong, the lady is pretty. What I mean is as Parvati/Adi Shakti.  Casting of an actor usually involves physicality + acting ability + the composite with the main lead.

Lets's see, how DKDM will work it. Many a time, the actor that seems not right for a role, actually goes on to do great.   In any case, she needs only to match/better Puja, who from all accounts was not very popular as Parvati - so should be a piece of cake.

DKDM has lost much of its following.  All of us who are still here, are here as fans of the show - so actors coming and going do not make much of a difference. Except of course, Mr.Raina - his portrayal of Mahadev is spot on. If he goes, everyone goes.

THE REAL REPLACEMENT that DKDM requires is in the writing department. I mean it takes "real talent" to mess up the already available beautiful stories of  Lord Shiva.   I wish they could get back the writer who they started with.

Or better still do a big favour to Mr.Raina, and wind up!

@ bold... i had similar expectations when sati era was about to end...i was so so excited for Parvathi..i had similar expectations going by the portrayal of Adi Shakthi by beautiful & talented women like Hema Malini & Gayatri Shastri ... they fit in perfectly as Adi Shakthi ( even going as far as looking almost exactly like traditional Devi portraits & Devi Murtis)...so i was expecting DKDM to bring in someone who looks like Bipasha Basu or SriDevi to portray Adi Shakthi ... bcoz such women in my opinion have the required features to portray such a strong,powerful yet beutifully feminine role.. n then they brought in Sonarika!!..... and i was like 'what were they thinking?!"..πŸ˜”..Sonarika is a beautiful young woman but please as Parvathi?!!..🀒..over time somehow sonarika managed to ease the audience into accepting her in the role ( i still wonder how this was accomplished..bcoz sonarika as Parvathi is STILL an eye sore 4 me)... then at the height of Sonarika's popularity , she was replaced by Puja.. while i wasnt perticularly happy about Puja either, i still felt Puja was better at portraying Adi Shakthi when compared with Sonarika... Puja had big shoes to fill, so initially Puja made all efforts to look good n energetic...later even she gave up any efforts to look good onscreen.. n started appearing like a washed out version of her earlier self..this kind of approach is enough to make even the most loyal audience to loose intrest in the show.. and now whoever is replacing Puja wont have any problem fitting in the show as audience has already seen the actress changing b4 & eventually accepting it...the new actress wont face the problems that Sonarika & Puja had to endure... although i do hope that the new actress works hard on looking energetic & fresh onscreen unlike Puja..
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ok, now that the sheer comedy of the news has gone, I am feeling a bit sad and a lot irritated with these people. I mean, they have crossed all stories except Mahabharata and Adishakti related tracks, (which they anyway can't show now, too late), and the tracks taht are left are mostly Tamil stories, which I am sure they won't even LOOK at. So what's the point in continuing the show?
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Akasha, do you always have to present the history of actresses playing Parvati?πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
Anusha-B thumbnail
Well Surya some vent is needed for everyone to express their feelingπŸ˜†

I was imagining Bipasha Basu as Adishakti pardon me somehow I was getting her jism movie image with a mukut on the head 🀣

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Akasha, do you always have to present the history of actresses playing Parvati?πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

🀣 πŸ€£..looks like it!..🀣 πŸ€£

but i think it was very relevant to the topic now.. πŸ˜ƒ

i just hope Meenakshi feels the same way though..

Originally posted by: anubharad

Well Surya some vent is needed for everyone to express their feelingπŸ˜†

I was imagining Bipasha Basu as Adishakti pardon me somehow I was getting her jism movie image with a mukut on the head 🀣

@ bold... πŸ€£

i can c y people would say that..bipasha has a bold image..but honestly, frankly i do feel that she has all the required qualities to portray adi shakthi...i expected someone like her n not her anyways..😊..
can u imagine Hema Malini, SriDevi or Gayatri Shastri playing Parvathi at this age ?!..πŸ˜†
Anusha-B thumbnail
I can never conclude what is going on  in a show by just merely reading updates. I hear many people say that. If am not interested in a show I would not even bother reading updates of the same least of all talk about how two actresses look or act in a show just based on updates and than come to a solid conclusion about the same based on just reading updates.

As for actresses Like Sridevi and others I think if u can imagine them in your head than why not even Bipashu Basu could be game for the role πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Ok, now that the sheer comedy of the news has gone, I am feeling a bit sad and a lot irritated with these people. I mean, they have crossed all stories except Mahabharata and Adishakti related tracks, (which they anyway can't show now, too late), and the tracks taht are left are mostly Tamil stories, which I am sure they won't even LOOK at. So what's the point in continuing the show?

@ bold... sad, i wish they would...πŸ˜”