...Karna-Duryodhana~ A Bond of Friendship ~...

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago
(This Post dedicated to my friend panchali😊)

There are some relations in life that we chose ourselves..
These relations sometime surpass our blood relations..
We call them Friends..

Karna -

" He held my hand in
darkest corner of my life..
When people were all ruthlessly
disgracing my very presence..

He came and stood tall before those ..
Claiming me as his own..

When society abandoned...He gave refuge...

When they ridiculed...insulted...
He gave respect..."

Duryodhana-

"When surrounded with outcomes of my own deeds,
I looked around and found the one..
who stood behind selflessly..
 only for me...
He became my armour..
when the ones around me
showered blessings to my enemies 
to get me killed.. "

One is seen as the Anti Hero and other as Villain.. One who got into wrong path with wrong company just in urge of respect that society never gave him...the Other who got into doing wrong for fulfilling ambitions that were never his ..Misguided they were yet bonded through their fate in a sacred bond called friendship.. 

Karna was fighting battle with his own brothers and was fighting already knowing that he will loose and die in the end just for a friend whom he could not leave at any cost..He battled himself and came on field..as an armour to protect and keep a promise to a friend..

The other one Duryodhana- a man who perhaps never considered any relations in his life as sacred as his friendship ..for whom his ambitions overpowered ..his hatred ..overpowered even his sensibilities ,his reasoning of right and wrong... Isnt it strange that  tears did came out of a heartless man for a friend..a friend who seemed more closer than anyone.. who gave him hope ..who gave him a shoulder ... He did one Dharma in his life.. and that earned him a true faithful friend in karna..

Just a small tribute to a friendship often not regarded that much..

Edited by riti4u - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Spring-Dew thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome👏 very well written the feelings of them⭐️Edited by santhiyaa_J - 9 years ago
panchaali thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderful post Riti👏
Thankz for dedicating the post to me, I am blushing already😳

Your post brought tears in my eyes...
The poetry is simply awesome
I always admire their friendship..its epic nothing can be as beautiful as that, but it was destroyed by star bharat..so I quit the show..but now they are showing..thank god

They are regarded as Villains in the epic..
But Karna was never regarded Villain I guess..

a man who perhaps never considered any relations in his life as sacred 

Duryadhan was considered a great King, son, husband, friend and also enemy..the Gods from heaven showered flower on his dead body coz he played all these roles successfully... 

Thankz a lot for PM😃

And please don't get me wrong that I quoted two lines of from your post and said something..actually I admire Durydhan for some his great qualities...which the great people of the epic lacked during some situations..

Duryadhan is described as Mahdev's Varputra he cannot be a complete Villain... if one thinks with open mind he/she would realize..a person was considered a particular God's son beacuse some his traits matches with that God..Look at Karna his purity, power, forgiving, donation without think mathces the trait of Sun..
It's the pure energy
The most powerful star for the earth
For sunlight we are safe, we are here
it gives light selflessly 

you would find various unique qualities of Duryadhan also, Mahdev's varputra was the clue that he at the end of the day was not completely evil

I think he was atheist and open minded that's why considered Adharmi. I am not supporting the Vastrharan part at all..

But every character in the epic is flawed...  

Edited by panchaali - 9 years ago
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: panchaali

Wonderful post Riti👏

Thankz for dedicating the post to me, I am blushing already😳

Your post brought tears in my eyes...
The poetry is simply awesome
I always admire their friendship..its epic nothing can be as beautiful as that, but it was destroyed by star bharat..so I quit the show..but now they are showing..thank god

They are regarded as Villains in the epic..
But Karna was never regarded Villain I guess..

a man who perhaps never considered any relations in his life as sacred 

Duryadhan was considered a great King, son, husband, friend and also enemy..the Gods from heaven showered flower on his dead body coz he played all these roles successfully... 

Thankz a lot for PM😃

And please don't get me wrong that I quoted two lines of from your post and said something..actually I admire Dury also for some his great qualities...which the great people of the epic lacked during some situations..

🤗 its okay panchu... I didnt know many of aspects of Dury that you mentioned... 😊..thus wrote whatever came in my mind at that time... thanks for sharing it dear..

As far as calling Karna Villain... Oh that I said how people regard him... Some do though..

You have prompted me to edit few things now... Embarrassed.. will do that .. in a bit..

changed two lines for now...Embarrassed😛 which you pointed out..

Edited by riti4u - 9 years ago
panchaali thumbnail
Riti I too edited my post

plz read it again its bigger now 😊
...Diala... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Riti.. thanks a lot for the post and congo Panchu 😊

About Karna being considered villain, I agree with Riti.. does not matter though 
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Riti I don't believe Karna was villain of MB n Duryadhana was at the losing side .. the leader of the losing side .. hence he became the villain of the story 

One who got into wrong path with wrong company just in urge of respect that society never gave him.

when its the question of RESPECT .. JUST don't fit it in anyway .. RESPECT HONOR is the biggest thing for what humankind has battled forever .. If it was a matter of "JUST" then neither there was any Freedom revolution of India nor Black revolution in US, slave revolution in Rome .. n the list never ends  

As per Chanakya 

"adhamaa dhnamishshhanti dhana.n maana.n cha madhyamaaH 
uttamaa maanamichchhanti mane hi mahataa.n dhanam" 

Evil people wish for only wealth, whereas average people wish for wealth and fame. noble people wish for fame as only fame is their wealth. 

Karna fought for achieving the HONOR he DESERVES ... I believe Duryadhana's battle was for the same .. he wanted what he believed was his .. [well he was not totally wrong] .. moreover his father was wronged n unjustly kept away from the Right of Throne .. so from the childhood Duryadhana knew the truth .. if your right is not given to you naturally .. snatch it

Both of these was struggling to get their position they "DESERVE" in society .. I agree they did go wrong several times .. well every human goes .. even popularly believed heroes did the same 

these two stood by each other .. the bonding has its source from same goal .. two struggling people can really be good friends .. Karna-Duryadhana became Best friends in a way that people will remember for ages 

Thankfully finally Star realized the friendship of karna-Duryadhana was real .. n thanks Riti for making a post on it ..

Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 9 years ago
-TomNJerry- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
what a lovely post to describe the essence of friendship 
beautifully choice of words 👏 ... delighted to have read this!! 🤗 thanks

a person without friendship is like a garden without flower!

i just happen to read this as well ... so thot i'd share:

How much Duryodhan trusted Karna can be illustrated here by citing an incident in the Mahabharat?

Once Karna and Duryodhan's wife Bhanumati, both good friends were playing a game of dice in Bhanumati's chamber. The royal lady was on the defeating end while Karna was on the winning side. Just then Duryodhan enters the chamber. In order to greet her husband, Bhanumati gets up. Karna whose back is towards the entry door doesn't  know why Bhanumati is standing and so he thinks she wants to escape the embarrassment of defeat. Immediately, he grabs her drape, however, being a muscular man with strong arms his pull actually snaps the pearl and all the pearls starts rolling on the floor. Bhanumati who knows her husband is in front of her is shocked thinking what will her husband now think of her. Karna too is shocked and when he sees Duryodhan he doesn't know what to do as he is deeply distressed beyond words on his action. Dumbfolded and transfixed, Karna immediately stands in front of Duryodhan for punishment. But Duryodhana only says, "Should I just gather the pearl beads or string them as well".

Aha,yes, neither Duryodhan sensed anything wrong about his wife as he had immense faith on her nor he pointed a finger on Karna as he trusted him more than anybody else. He wasn't angry neither suspected Bhanumati or Karna, such was his faith in his love and his friendship.
panchaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: riti4u

🤗 its okay panchu... I didnt know many of aspects of Dury that you mentioned... 😊..thus wrote whatever came in my mind at that time... thanks for sharing it dear..

welcome..its pleasure. after Karna, Dury's character I find interesting 

As far as calling Karna Villain... Oh that I said how people regard him... Some do though..

Lord Sri Krishna considered him a true Hero, noble soul, brave heart ..and I too do, I don't care what other's thinks used to think about him..😊

panchaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: -TomNJerry-

How much Duryodhan trusted Karna can be illustrated here by citing an incident in the Mahabharat?

Once Karna and Duryodhan's wife Bhanumati, both good friends were playing a game of dice in Bhanumati's chamber. The royal lady was on the defeating end while Karna was on the winning side. Just then Duryodhan enters the chamber. In order to greet her husband, Bhanumati gets up. Karna whose back is towards the entry door doesn't  know why Bhanumati is standing and so he thinks she wants to escape the embarrassment of defeat. Immediately, he grabs her drape, however, being a muscular man with strong arms his pull actually snaps the pearl and all the pearls starts rolling on the floor. Bhanumati who knows her husband is in front of her is shocked thinking what will her husband now think of her. Karna too is shocked and when he sees Duryodhan he doesn't know what to do as he is deeply distressed beyond words on his action. Dumbfolded and transfixed, Karna immediately stands in front of Duryodhan for punishment. But Duryodhana only says, "Should I just gather the pearl beads or string them as well".

Aha,yes, neither Duryodhan sensed anything wrong about his wife as he had immense faith on her nor he pointed a finger on Karna as he trusted him more than anybody else. He wasn't angry neither suspected Bhanumati or Karna, such was his faith in his love and his friendship.

Thankz for sharing this incident😊

I knew about it earlier

After that incident Bhanumati was bit jealous as she thought that her husband loves Karna more than her😆