Posted: 10 years ago
Thank you Katelyn!  πŸ˜Š 
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 238

"ek kha loonga."

his eyes were on her, in them the spark of a need, an elemental need. an insurmountable need. for her. for her as she is... giggling, chirping, sloshing golgappa water, rushing about in her joy feeding people, full of life, energy, vibrant... sunshine girl with a twist of sanka.

how badly he needed her.

he couldn't keep on resisting her.

even if she were a home wrecker.

he so needed to taste her, all of her, crunchy, sweet, sour, hot, spicy... he wants to be driven crazy by her. β€οΈ

now. right now.

ek kha loonga.

i'll eat one.

what a no frills, straight from the gut submission. to his need. call it love call it lust call it attraction, call it what you will, a part of the shatir man knows, he needs her... to live.

this one line did it for me in this episode. it was the episode really for me. these first few paragraphs have done it for me for your review.. 

there were tense moments as bua ji urged khushi to "khabao" one golgappa to damad ji. with alacrity both khushi and asr reacted. both entered their inner recesses almost leaving the table and all that was around.

thoughts went racing through the man... a yearning he has kept away for weeks, more than a month. from all those days ago, when full of hope and a new sensation he had flirted, "baat karni hai," he had said. 

he had slowly savoured the moments since he had felt that heartbeat race and said "khushi!" at last understanding things... his golgappa moments almost, a little sweet, a little sour, a little hot... walking up to her, confusing her, reveling in that confusion, being told everything was his fault, being a waiter with her, choosing asaree for her from adistance playing a game of telephone, giving her a handkerchief and telling her to meet him so he could talk to her, arousing with a bindi, walking slowly up to her feeling his heart race knowing hers does too... I can't keep highlighting everything you write Indi di.. πŸ˜›

what was all that if not soem of teh crunchiest, most delicious moments of this lonely aloof man's life.

and then suddenly it was all over.

but baat karni hai he had said... that baat that stayed in his heart, despite the treachery in the dark.

he looked at bua ji, at khushi... and even as she said... "rrrahna di jiye na, bua ji..." let it be, bua ji, out came a line of untrammeled desire and need and pretty much struck me dead. the way he said it.. like he had no control.. it had to come out.. he was powerless to stop himself from admitting he wanted it.

"ek kha loonga..."

he doesn't eat golgappa, too hot, and he really can't open his mouth so wide, he said in the most natural way to his ma in law who wanted to make him a one... such a small thing... but it seemed to unnerve the tycoon. he even admitted carrying digestive pills his mami had given him, amusing all present. he resisted with all his might while his wife opened her mouth very very wide and had one, two, three, oh who can keep count quantities of the stuff. ma in law was quite sweet when she said I will make you one.

and then bua ji said the magic words, feed him one, girl.

from her hand, he would like to eat, to feel her touch in his mouth, his lips, his tongue... fed like a child, like a lover... she is stunned. hey hey.

both know somewhere what this is really about...bua ji looks at asr keenly, she can sense something. and though hesitant, confused, in a dhakdhak herself, khushi gets up. 

he follows her with his eyes. tell me this man is just acting, he is not in love with this woman, he is not a wealthy businessman who is willing to adjust to anything because he adores his wife. tell me his heart is not thudding, his limbs are not aching for her. and when he looks at her, isn't there a question and desperate need in his eyes? he wants to be caressed by her, held by her... fed by her.

on her hands his mother's bangles, she holds that little golgappa, the story of their lives... a tenderness on her face as she feeds him, and he does open his mouth pretty wide... the ladies nudge and giggle, they can feel the romance. and maybe they are a little relieved too that the kids have stopped fighting. I noticed the bangles on her too.

and she leans forward, in the most intimate of gestures, she wipes his mouth with the edge of her palm... like  a trusting little boy he looks up at her... so lost they are in a feeling... he swallows and he does choke on the teekha...but he holds on.

"kaisan laga, babua!" how did you like it, asks the aunt. his eyes smarting, voice messed he replied, "achha hai..."

oh, he did enjoy himself so so much... and she could feel it, it even touched her, shook her deep inside, completely lost in each other for a wonderful moment where there is no one but them... hey hey heyheyhey.

other thoughts:
~ oh the smile as he watches her go bananas with her golgappa spree.

beautiful edit!

~ okay he did not stop at one. and when he fell upon the digestive pills, he did screw up his face and looked really really ugh... i had to agree with khushi. his shakal was sadi hui. rotten. got to fall for the actor again, so cute, he actually did all he could to look ugly... not concerned about hsi "image" and fans, etc. in little scenes like this i kept on seeing barun the serious actor. haha true he looked amazingly undignified and sadi

~ very natural and clever the way they started fighting again... a lovely man woman thing... you did it all for me, because you are regretting what you've done, you are accepting you are wrong. what! what nonsense... i have said sorry to bua ji and aunty, but you... huh. stop thinking you knwo how to read me... and stop dreaming. oh is that right, mister, wait, i'll show you. and so opens the door to let preeto's wedding into gh.

~ after days i saw him taking care of plants. would have been nice to have  abit of continuity, that little plant she brought along somewhere in the shot. made me feel for him. How his wife brings all the heady turmoil good, bad, better in his life and then to quieten himself... maybe get a grip on reality he goes back to a familiar soothing task.

~ sanaya is too cute as khushi at times, all the expressions and childlike enthusiasm when preeto's mother comes nad talk of wedding starts... and she and bua ji, what great chemistry.

~ "abhi abhi aapne apne do do beti ki shadi jo ki hai" you have just got two of your daughters married, both he and she are slightly churned by this. nice touch by director. must say, so many many things were thought through and detailed while portraying an emotion, maybe that's why the flaws in continuity and other things felt more glaring.

~ "mujhe bahut kaam hai... main andar jaa raha hoon... bua ji, i'm fine..." so cute, he can't take the madness.

~ "good morrning, bua ji," uff the morning voice, the crisp male smile at bua ji. okay next barun show, me auditioning for aunt. khushi is so natural and weird all wrapped up. a little leg pulling. "bua ji, ek aur kambal de dete toh mooh bhi dhak leti," if you'd given another blanket she could have covered her face, he jests. hahaha whats with all the aunties in the show wanting to shower love on Khushi's pati!

he jests?

i am surprised. this is cold hard, i don't like noise, i have no time for silly things asr. oh such a lovely little break... the man is thawing somewhere amid all the madness. bua ji, in her unique loud way, avers, you can't tell looking at him he can crack a joke. did anyone notice how terribly spot on barun's reaction was at that moment?

~ why is this man so male, despite being so thin and slight, kills me. me too. In some frames you can almost see the young 28 year old boy because of this leanness. Works very well for the character I feel.   

~ i like how everything fits in nicely, his laptop, her dm, on the same desk, both their essential objects.

~ he turns to look at his swaddled wife. walks up... predatory... ready to flirt and floor the opposition. khushi the red nosed wife gives rudolph some hot competition. asr is delighted to unnerve her. πŸ˜† I love this scene as every other where he gets her all flustered.

~ but soon enough of course he will be completely flabbergasted and chasing his wife asking what the. while she dances brandishing a ladle and he tries desperately to figure out who is preeto, what wedding and why  bua ji had said he is an understanding man.

khushi, khushi!! yeh sab kya ho raha hai?

Loved it Indi di πŸ‘. Specially the first few lines. All your other thoughts are excellent too! There is love everywhere in what you write. Makes me eagerly wait for everything you write.

That "Main kha lunga" was heavenly. He has lost all inhibitions, she has broken through all defenses. He does not plan it but he can no longer fight it. Lets himself go with the flow. He is so happy to see her chirpy and fundamentally Khushi again that he can't hold himself back. Be aloof or even pretend to be aloof. He must have been wondering what it is, this taste that has Khushi in this state. He wants to be part of it too. He wants to be close to her and touch taste everything that she is herself and is enjoying. And Barun's and Sanaya's expressions add to everything.

Some more thoughts and favourites above in green and pink above.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

to the crookedest smirk of them all.
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 238

Titliya rushes to share the happiness with everyone around. One golgappa for amma, one for buaji and finally even babuji. Surely this snack tastes much better thanks to the person who brought it. Does that trigger this excitement in her? i asked myself this question too... she certainly was affected by the bringer of this ambrosia. πŸ˜†  He hides behind his cup. The smirk firmly in place. Looking away won't work we can see how delighted he is. Bitiya is too busy to notice but caring buaji and amma are desperate to feed the man. "Main golgappe nai khata.." cute cute and a little more cute.. "Hum ek banake dete hai". Loving ma and beta conversation. "bahut teekha hota hai aur mera muh bhi utna nai khulta".. Ooh bechare chote! Right then a shot of Khushi gobbling the teekha khana. No problem there with opening her mouth wide.. Digestion ki medicine not pachak churan.. Never do they let go of how ASR would talk in the way the dialogues are written. lovely observation, so true, imagine asr saying pachak churan. If golgappas were the aphrodisiac buaji is the cupid now. teehee, imagine buaji as cherub. 😳

Halfhearted attempt "inhe nahi khana hai toh.." He looks up with a dreamy piercing gaze. "ek kha lunga." Music decides to start going crazy we join right in. Khushi swallows and gets up. If he can't resist the temptation she has no thought at all of resistance. Gets up and starts walking to him. His lowered gaze follows her as she reaches him as if in a daze. He opens his mouth wide and she feeds him. But chote has some pani dribbling  down. She reaches to brush it way. Extremely gentle careful loving, as just Khushi can be with her Arnavji. He swallows and takes a moment to just stare at her. And she stares right back.

It is lovely how they themselves aren't completely aware of what goes on in their hearts. Why they react the way they do. No one in my family has ever asked me to do such a sweet thing as feed my husband a golgappa in front of everyone. I am wishing they did. It is remarkable how much space the Gupta household gave these two newlyweds. The rooms are smaller and more people cramped up in this space and yet Khushi and Arnav seem to have more interaction with each other.  the jews use a lovely word for this kind of thing, heimisch. homey... it's about this comfort that exists in simpler, not ostentatious environments, where there's very little space for formality and an open welcoming air... no matter what the physical size of a place, it can fit the whole world right in. at gh, plenty heimisch... just what you need i guess to give the intmacy a tight little space to grow. ,Amma  and buaji smile, nudge and are extremely happy for their daughter while bitya and bitwa are shy.  Amazing expression by Barun as he acknowledges, "achcha hai". totally agree. He is feeling the fire of the chillies and the sweetness of the biwi. Happiness, is this what it feels like?

Nighttime again. Only 2 days and so much has already happened. Why are you making this sarhi face looking at me exclaims she. Ate too many golgappas mumbles he. Why did you demands she? Actually I know why you did this and I forgive you. Very happy is she.  Busy folding clothes, arranging them in the cupboard, while talking to her husband who brings teekha chaptpata snacks to make up with her.  "aapko aapke kiye par pachtava hai..tabhi toh.." Ya right? Since you have no guilt about dragging him in a towel outside and then unintentionally irritating him till he missed his mother so much that he broke down, defintiely he would have guilt for yelling at you and dragging your family in. he he you have not not not forgiven the chiefe bath giver yet i see. "tumne mujhe provoke kiya". i loved that provoke kiya, so cute. I couldn't have phrased it better. "Although maine buaji aur aunty ko sorry bol diya hai".. Shatir Arnav. I think he brings it up because he does want her to know he is a good boy .. "uhh?" This once he left her speechless. "Aur ye kapre mere hai." takes away his clothes from her. How grown up he behaves around her! "uska apna matlab nikalna band karo Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada. Zyada sapne mat dekha karo". Can't give her the satisfaction of knowing he did this all for her. That ASR ego which comes out to play with KKGSR often. Both haughty is their own way, unwillingly to give the upper hand to their better half for now. Surprisingly these are almost identical words to what he said while breaking her heart the Diwali night. Today it does not bring a storm of tears because they have been through so much since then. Fighting, hurting,  Shyam, misunderstandings, everything can try as hard as they might but love refuses to shut up and get out.

He stands with a red mug watering the plants. My heart is melting. Something regimental in his lifestyle. so you loved the gardener and his engrossed lok too... i like that word, reginental... yes, he needs routine, order, structure. unlike sponteneity queen  lady sanka. All the chaotic feelings the khatta, teekha , meetha and finally to sooth himself this. This strange loud Lakshmi Nagar has become his home for now.  His  body language, slightly unkempt hair, rolled sleeves everything speaks of a sort of relaxation. He turns at the introduction. Polite nod of head and back to task at hand. The shadows from the street light playing interestingly on his features as his face is bent down intent on the task.  Slight turn of head at the mention of daughter's weddings. Does he remember how he must have gotten di married or is he thinking about Khushi and Payal? How my imagination flies thanks to the actor. this is the whole thing. i watched ipk with such devotion/addiction because of this one actor... made you think and feel sso many things. Well more concrete for now is  another glimpse into regular problems. "Ameer hai toh kya humlog bhi kisi se kam nai".. Sanaya's voice is a tad unnaturally shrill or is that also my imagination? you are right abs. He walks away. The stubborn mosquitoes rush to the attack seeing his usual bodyguard Khushi not around. They could have joined hands with Sanaka devi on irritating Arnavji since they manage to do a great job of it. Enough to make him hunt around for the racket. It is his room he can pull open drawers and look around everywhere. Already at home here.

nice edit.

Again it is the thoughtful nurturing amma who thinks of damaadji and his comfort. A bit like her favourite parmeswari is her buaji. Both with their extra large loving hearts and own brand of craziness. So buaji in eagerness to help the troubled mother forgot about damaadji as well. In the background a bit muddled poor babua asks Khushi for the racket. Curt "nai hai". Still angry that all his effort wasn't for her. Typical girl wanting a show of extra care from her boy. Bitwa stands deep in thought about his AC. But rushes to assure buaji "I'll be fine.."   Khushi jumps in. It is her lucky day all over again as she gets to irritate that awful rude laal governer who didn't say sorry to her. Handles everything expertly. "Par aunty sochne ki koi baat hi nai hai".. Thumbs up to buaji before going back inside. Once the AC is on he thinks back. A hint of something fishy, but shrugs and lets go.

Nandini seems to be a nice decent actor. Very next door neighbourly earnest mother about to wed her daughter feel she has. "Arre bitiya kitni pyari ho tum!" Where else except your materinity home do you get to be this carefree and young again..

I don't have much to say about Babli and buaji except .. "Bhutwa ke hello hi and manorma ke bye bye !" πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† i too refrained from babli talk. now on its next weird lap.

Anyone else notice the slight sway dance buaji does with the tea tray while in a sing song voice she greets babua? yes yes, bua ji is in lub with babua. He is smiling. Buaji is more comfortable around him. "Bhigi billiya ki tarah kahe chatur rahi ho?" If someday I have a writer's block and an unable to add one word of my own, I could simply transcribe every dialogue of the episode for that week. Maybe add in a bit of Barun accent and post it here. Lagi shart on how many likes that post would get?  Sanya looks adorable in that flowery printed sheet, rolling her eyes and trembling while sipping tea. "buaji ek aur kambal de dete toh muh bhi dhak leti" in a very Barun accent. Arnav Singh Raizada joking freely with khushi's buaji? I should be pinching myself to wake up now. Over zealous buaji almost scares babua for a minute there as she compliments him on his humor.. Err I think it is a compliment when someone says "Bahut mazakiya ho babua.. Dekhne se nai lagte" πŸ˜†

Buaji leaves the couple alone. Khushi super cutely sips the hot tea. He turns and she gives him a glare before going back to her beverage. The music as always knows before the man and woman do. Why does he have that tender bewitched expression? Why does his overwhelming unfaltering gaze not leave her? What was she expecting to happen? Why does her hands quiver this way? Why is her face this expectant? She does not move away, he comes closer, now she does move back, he still continues to come closer, her eyes look down, slowly hesitantly move back to his face. Telltale heaving breaths of anticipation. Takes his time savouring the moment he raises his finger to touch her. She jerks away. Unfazed he continues. For a fleeting second his finer brushes against the tip of her nose. "tumhari .. Ohh that pause to die for in breathless expectancy.. naakh laal ho gayi hai".. "thand mein ho jati hai.." and she scurries away fidgeting with her dupatta. We didn't get to see another taewondo night but it sure made laad governor find it harder to not sweep his wife off her feet.

My dharkanein is still rapid fast... He turns with that lopsided grin firmly in place. Payash's wedding memories floating inside me. Aman's call distracts him and he starts talking about all that ASR talks on his bluetooth with Aman. First interruption.. Opens the door and gets banged into by a kid. "Jeejaji kaha rakhna hai?". "What?", with wide astonished eyes. How does he make these scences unbelievable funny? "Didi Jijaji bhi swaal puch re hai.. What?" Hahaha.. Khushi plays interpretor again. Gadde mixes with sales figures as slowly the intelligent babua figures out something strange is going on. His famous let me call you back as he goes out to investigate. lovely.

Nice shot of frenzy activity in a house preparing for an Indian wedding. Things have an unnerving tendency to get lost. Children run around helterskelter not really sure why. Elders juggling multiple tasks getting very little done. In my wedding our two drivers managed to bang our two cars into each other in broad daylight on an empty street in front of the wedding venue! No one has still figured out a good enough answer as to why that happened. Weddings.. Something crazy exciting chaotic about it.. Khushi loves them and so do I! Jijaji opens the door and steps right into a big aluminium vessel. I believe ASR never imagined himself being called jijaji though he did call one slimy other by that name.  "Parathe kaun khayega??".. Am not a big fan of this over excited khushi, comes across a bit crass, but then that it my completely personal preference. Anyway today she must be feeling happy, what a delightful start to a day. Sharing jokes and dhak dhaks with the husband you love and then a day full of crazy marriage preparations to look forward to. Confused husband looks for an explanation from his wife too busy dancing and ignoring him. "Pritika kaun hai?" Completely fazed this man who knows just what needs to be done with complex sales figures is at a total loss at this kind of over excitement stuff. He stands looking at tired buaji and camera zooms out with ASR music playing.. what the!

beautiful take, rhea... my comments all over the place. that ek kha loonga did me in as you know.
the man was just too gorgeous in this one, such fabulous acting.

aarwen thumbnail
Thank you Indi di! This man gets better and better. I am so dreading the days soon to come without him. Will be all lost and will need lots of write ups from you to cheer me up in that sad lonely phase till Khushi finds him. And since I only got to see the golgappa and not share it with these two, it took me slightly longer to forgive our dearest jhalli. But that look with the rudolf nose and covered in the printed bed sheet had me saying.. whatever you do I will forgive and love you lots and lots.   
Edited by aarwen - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

ha ha that is exactly what happened to the laad governor too... and in a couple of years' time jhalli will know exactly what makes him melt and use it to the hilt to get him to forgive all sorts of things... i hope. i like the idea of laad gov being a bit of a mess when it comes to one person.

thanks for reading 238... i so agree that thin lean look somehow worked for the character... something terribly sexy about a really young, as yet almost a kid, and horrendously successful guy... and all that pursed lips and glowering, now what to say. this is one major departure from the stereotypical mills and boon hero... he was usually 10-15 years older than her, often in his late thirties or early forties.

i liked this change... the message is a bit different and its awfully exciting.

you always say you love reading my rambles, i am grateful.. it's just what comes to me, nothing to really back it up or validate it. way back when i was doing eng lit, i couldn't for teh life of me understand what was the need to critically analyse all these dour heavy poems and plays and novels (hardy oh my g) and why must i write about characterization of some shakespearean blank verse spewing man or vent about a sundry soliloquy... at last the loop closes. this is why. bas.

and i repeat, abs love reading your takes... in green... straight after "telecast". like your style, language, thought, barun state, and caps... enjoying the new editing ishtylewa too.

kidnap is one of the best times for me after wedding... let's see what comes up. both jhalli and tycoon spectacular. so wish shyam had some real story, something that made sense... that kidnap set up with so much drama turned out to be so pointless in terms of plot, no proper thread running through it... reminded me of hitchcock, we were taught that he always had a mcguffin, a red herring in his story, while you were chasing that, actually another story got told... here too that kidnap felt like  a mcguffin... actually it was where asr and khushi finally met their feelings and acknowledged them... owned up and gave in completely to them. but still, a little sense in kidnap would have been nice.

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 238

Titliya rushes to share the happiness with everyone around. One golgappa for amma, one for buaji and finally even babuji. Surely this snack tastes much better thanks to the person who brought it. Does that trigger this excitement in her? He hides behind his cup. The smirk firmly in place. Looking away won't work we can see how delighted he is. Bitiya is too busy to notice but caring buaji and amma are desperate to feed the man. "Main golgappe nai khata.." cute cute and a little more cute.. "Hum ek banake dete hai". Loving ma and beta conversation. "bahut teekha hota hai aur mera muh bhi utna nai khulta".. Ooh bechare chote! Right then a shot of Khushi gobbling the teekha khana. No problem there with opening her mouth wide.. Digestion ki medicine not pachak churan.. Never do they let go of how ASR would talk in the way the dialogues are written. If golgappas were the aphrodisiac buaji is the cupid now..

Halfhearted attempt "inhe nahi khana hai toh.." He looks up with a dreamy piercing gaze. "ek kha lunga." Music decides to start going crazy we join right in. Khushi swallows and gets up. If he can't resist the temptation she has no thought at all of resistance. Gets up and starts walking to him. His lowered gaze follows her as she reaches him as if in a daze. He opens his mouth wide and she feeds him. But chote has some pani dribbling  down. She reaches to brush it way. Extremely gentle careful loving, as just Khushi can be with her Arnavji. He swallows and takes a moment to just stare at her. And she stares right back.

It is lovely how they themselves aren't completely aware of what goes on in their hearts. Why they react the way they do. No one in my family has ever asked me to do such a sweet thing as feed my husband a golgappa in front of everyone. I am wishing they did. It is remarkable how much space the Gupta household gave these two newlyweds. The rooms are smaller and more people cramped up in this space and yet Khushi and Arnav seem to have more interaction with each other.  Amma  and buaji smile, nudge and are extremely happy for their daughter while bitya and bitwa are shy.  Amazing expression by Barun as he acknowledges, "achcha hai". He is feeling the fire of the chillies and the sweetness of the biwi. Happiness, is this what it feels like?

Nighttime again. Only 2 days and so much has already happened. Why are you making this sarhi face looking at me exclaims she. Ate too many golgappas mumbles he. Why did you demands she? Actually I know why you did this and I forgive you. Very happy is she.  Busy folding clothes, arranging them in the cupboard, while talking to her husband who brings teekha chaptpata snacks to make up with her.  "aapko aapke kiye par pachtava hai..tabhi toh.." Ya right? Since you have no guilt about dragging him in a towel outside and then unintentionally irritating him till he missed his mother so much that he broke down, defintiely he would have guilt for yelling at you and dragging your family in. "tumne mujhe provoke kiya". I couldn't have phrased it better. "Although maine buaji aur aunty ko sorry bol diya hai".. Shatir Arnav. I think he brings it up because he does want her to know he is a good boy .. "uhh?" This once he left her speechless. "Aur ye kapre mere hai." takes away his clothes from her. How grown up he behaves around her! "uska apna matlab nikalna band karo Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada. Zyada sapne mat dekha karo". Can't give her the satisfaction of knowing he did this all for her. That ASR ego which comes out to play with KKGSR often. Both haughty is their own way, unwillingly to give the upper hand to their better half for now. Surprisingly these are almost identical words to what he said while breaking her heart the Diwali night. Today it does not bring a storm of tears because they have been through so much since then. Fighting, hurting,  Shyam, misunderstandings, everything can try as hard as they might but love refuses to shut up and get out.

He stands with a red mug watering the plants. My heart is melting. Something regimental in his lifestyle. All the chaotic feelings the khatta, teekha , meetha and finally to sooth himself this. This strange loud Lakshmi Nagar has become his home for now.  His  body language, slightly unkempt hair, rolled sleeves everything speaks of a sort of relaxation. He turns at the introduction. Polite nod of head and back to task at hand. The shadows from the street light playing interestingly on his features as his face is bent down intent on the task.  Slight turn of head at the mention of daughter's weddings. Does he remember how he must have gotten di married or is he thinking about Khushi and Payal? How my imagination flies thanks to the actor. Well more concrete for now is  another glimpse into regular problems. "Ameer hai toh kya humlog bhi kisi se kam nai".. Sanaya's voice is a tad unnaturally shrill or is that also my imagination? He walks away. The stubborn mosquitoes rush to the attack seeing his usual bodyguard Khushi not around. They could have joined hands with Sanaka devi on irritating Arnavji since they manage to do a great job of it. Enough to make him hunt around for the racket. It is his room he can pull open drawers and look around everywhere. Already at home here.

Again it is the thoughtful nurturing amma who thinks of damaadji and his comfort. A bit like her favourite parmeswari is her buaji. Both with their extra large loving hearts and own brand of craziness. So buaji in eagerness to help the troubled mother forgot about damaadji as well. In the background a bit muddled poor babua asks Khushi for the racket. Curt "nai hai". Still angry that all his effort wasn't for her. Typical girl wanting a show of extra care from her boy. Bitwa stands deep in thought about his AC. But rushes to assure buaji "I'll be fine.."   Khushi jumps in. It is her lucky day all over again as she gets to irritate that awful rude laal governer who didn't say sorry to her. Handles everything expertly. "Par aunty sochne ki koi baat hi nai hai".. Thumbs up to buaji before going back inside. Once the AC is on he thinks back. A hint of something fishy, but shrugs and lets go.

Nandini seems to be a nice decent actor. Very next door neighbourly earnest mother about to wed her daughter feel she has. "Arre bitiya kitni pyari ho tum!" Where else except your materinity home do you get to be this carefree and young again..

I don't have much to say about Babli and buaji except .. "Bhutwa ke hello hi and manorma ke bye bye !"

Anyone else notice the slight sway dance buaji does with the tea tray while in a sing song voice she greets babua? He is smiling. Buaji is more comfortable around him. "Bhigi billiya ki tarah kahe chatur rahi ho?" If someday I have a writer's block and an unable to add one word of my own, I could simply transcribe every dialogue of the episode for that week. Maybe add in a bit of Barun accent and post it here. Lagi shart on how many likes that post would get?  Sanya looks adorable in that flowery printed sheet, rolling her eyes and trembling while sipping tea. "buaji ek aur kambal de dete toh muh bhi dhak leti" in a very Barun accent. Arnav Singh Raizada joking freely with khushi's buaji? I should be pinching myself to wake up now. Over zealous buaji almost scares babua for a minute there as she compliments him on his humor.. Err I think it is a compliment when someone says "Bahut mazakiya ho babua.. Dekhne se nai lagte"

Buaji leaves the couple alone. Khushi super cutely sips the hot tea. He turns and she gives him a glare before going back to her beverage. The music as always knows before the man and woman do. Why does he have that tender bewitched expression? Why does his overwhelming unfaltering gaze not leave her? What was she expecting to happen? Why does her hands quiver this way? Why is her face this expectant? She does not move away, he comes closer, now she does move back, he still continues to come closer, her eyes look down, slowly hesitantly move back to his face. Telltale heaving breaths of anticipation. Takes his time savouring the moment he raises his finger to touch her. She jerks away. Unfazed he continues. For a fleeting second his finer brushes against the tip of her nose. "tumhari .. Ohh that pause to die for in breathless expectancy.. naakh laal ho gayi hai".. "thand mein ho jati hai.." and she scurries away fidgeting with her dupatta. We didn't get to see another taewondo night but it sure made laad governor find it harder to not sweep his wife off her feet.

My dharkanein is still rapid fast... He turns with that lopsided grin firmly in place. Payash's wedding memories floating inside me. Aman's call distracts him and he starts talking about all that ASR talks on his bluetooth with Aman. First interruption.. Opens the door and gets banged into by a kid. "Jeejaji kaha rakhna hai?". "What?", with wide astonished eyes. How does he make these scences unbelievable funny? "Didi Jijaji bhi swaal puch re hai.. What?" Hahaha.. Khushi plays interpretor again. Gadde mixes with sales figures as slowly the intelligent babua figures out something strange is going on. His famous let me call you back as he goes out to investigate.

Nice shot of frenzy activity in a house preparing for an Indian wedding. Things have an unnerving tendency to get lost. Children run around helterskelter not really sure why. Elders juggling multiple tasks getting very little done. In my wedding our two drivers managed to bang our two cars into each other in broad daylight on an empty street in front of the wedding venue! No one has still figured out a good enough answer as to why that happened. Weddings.. Something crazy exciting chaotic about it.. Khushi loves them and so do I! Jijaji opens the door and steps right into a big aluminium vessel. I believe ASR never imagined himself being called jijaji though he did call one slimy other by that name.  "Parathe kaun khayega??".. Am not a big fan of this over excited khushi, comes across a bit crass, but then that it my completely personal preference. Anyway today she must be feeling happy, what a delightful start to a day. Sharing jokes and dhak dhaks with the husband you love and then a day full of crazy marriage preparations to look forward to. Confused husband looks for an explanation from his wife too busy dancing and ignoring him. "Pritika kaun hai?" Completely fazed this man who knows just what needs to be done with complex sales figures is at a total loss at this kind of over excitement stuff. He stands looking at tired buaji and camera zooms out with ASR music playing.. what the!

Engaging take aarwen. Sorry took quite a while to come to this. He entire GH track weaves and showed such nice bonding between the Gupta women and ASR. He didn't have motherly figures at home.. Although he is reluctant to address Garima as one just yet.. But his special respect and affection to this generation of ladies evident. 

Yes that moment of he watering the plant is the most sublime.. The moment Khushi most thoughtfully brought his plant even in the midst of all her busy craziness comes flashing infront.. 
Loved your connection to the Diwali words.. Where he said similar things..the few days of  Farq padtha hai, as heart breaking as they are, seemed to have reflected his heart quite openly to Khushi. She read his despair, his frustration, his anger with himself and with her..as she said that time she knew its her he is mad at.. And she knew those words reflected his own insecurities than his anger towards her.. 
Oh he most certainly hated being called jijaji, or uncle during Dasehra, :) he only loved laad governor.. Her exclusive rights on him.. 
Naam laal.. It almost entered the  Webster dictionary as a metaphor.. Like Rabba veying as a full fledged verb..he perhaps always noticed it with her in his proximity and her breath racing.. First time letting it out.. As much as he loved her for himself he equally loved to be taken in by how she is effected by him.

Thank you aarwen.. Thoroughly enjoyable..

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MehreenB

😊Indi beautiful thoughts about beautiful people.πŸ‘

"hum iss se bhi kadvi batein sune keh liye tayar rehte hain" 
Khushi told him then but now she is immune to it , it doesn't bother her anymore , soon she will be smiling at his scolding" kite din howe aap ki daant sun kek" 

But she would never accept the insult for her family, " aap humare amma bauji keh barey mein iss tarah ..." She is lioness of her loved ones.SHe will do the same with SHyam when he will cross the limit for her Arnavji. Today Arnav did cross a line and she will take care of it. SHe knows she has hurt him but he has hurt her parents for whom she can go up to any extent.

Meri koi maa nahin hai...and look at his expression , a CHILD, whose pain and wound has just been salted again.No wonder why a small child living in him was ready to follow Buaji later to make sure she is talking to him wether he has to eat trunk load of puris for that.

This track brings the most beautiful things on surface regardless of some irritations.They both completely find each other in each other and their pain and sorrows take a new shape and HEALING solace in each other.SHe has hurt him and he has hurt her family and her  and to remove her hurt and to restore the respect of the family , his way of Khata meetha sorry is adorable.

Thank you for this nice write up.

thanks, mehreen.. loved your thoughts and glad you enjoyed my take. what you say there in pink is so true... and because of this, the realisations during kidnap work perfectly, seamlessly. his sorry and being damad ji is really adorable.
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Episode 237

For a Moment

(Arnav and Khushi only)

I just love this episode. 

This is the episode where I see Arnav softening to Khushi and her family for a moment.  He knows he has hurt them.  Of course the car's condition was not due to her and he has been an added expense to the family.  Their honor is at stake here.  He sees how they are struggling to pay the grocery bill and now takes it upon himself to show them he IS their son-in-law, an integral part of their family and he CAN help them if he wants. 

Garima will try to mortgage some bangles and just as she is walking out the door the grocer comes with an abundance of supplies.  Arnav Singh Raizada doesn't know how to do small; he is quite extravagant.  They are all shocked but this is where he proves himself, in my opinion, he shows us he has a heart again and he wants normal food please!!!

This moment is then ruined by an insistent Khushi, who wants to hear him call her Amma, Ma.

I don't know maybe to feel like her marriage is real? It seems she is yearning for normalcy in her marriage.  I truly don't feel it is an intentional taunt.  Do you?

He just can't do it, he can't call anyone Ma...

His mother is dead. 

The hurt so great he has carried into his adulthood and yes the hurt of your mother dying, in anyway and especially a suicide, pierces your heart.

After his outburst towards her, he goes into the bedroom very upset, frustrated, angry...hurt.  Nothing is sacred at this point and he angrily pulls down the mosquito netting from the bed.  He tries to avoid his thoughts by attempting to work on his computer.

She follows him inside and asks for his forgiveness it was not intentional.  He stops her right there, BAS and as she tries to continue he gives her the hand- the sign to STOP... NO...MORE..

She doesn't know how he feels and then he hurts her by telling her he is staying here in this awful house.  It all comes out.

Now she is hurt but she tells him that it's true this is how the poor people live sometimes no electric, sometimes no water and even sometimes no money for food, but they manage.  She knows he is angry with her but she is angry too but never took it out on his family and never could but he...

With tears flowing she leaves with him calling her name.  He feels bad (in my humble POV) about his treatment of Khushi and so his response is golgappe! 

Feed her and make her happy! 

Show her you care.

Garima and Buaji have made what looks like pakoras to me and he brings in a bag filled of those delicious balls that Khushi can fill some with something spicy, something sweet, something sour!  He apologizes to them for what happened and they are all forgiving.  Arnav is so vulnerable right now and this Gupta family embraces this hurt man blaming pagal Khushi.

Our relation doesn't change by the name you call me.  Just beautiful.

She comes in and is so excited to see the bag of golgappe. Tears it open with her teeth and just about to eat it when she finds out Arnav bought it she drops it.  She can't eat it if he is the one who brought it... never!  She won't give in to him.

I love this next part, in fact this is one of my faves as far as episodes watching Barun play Arnav's vunerabilty was awesome.  My heart melted!

As he is watching her pleasure in eating golgappe, his eyes soft and full of gentle pleasure as his wife gobbles them down.  She has given in and he has compromised too. They have met half way for the moment.  They have become a family for the moment.

Lovely take Cynthia. All of Khushi's pain and frustration seems to have come it in her deliberate annoying as she felt much more at ease in her own house. 

Loved that last line.. Family for a moment.. And that pic at the end of the man of that family is irresistible.. 
Thanks

aarwen thumbnail
 Thank you so much for the compliment Indi di 😳 . You are very kind. This 25 yr old software engineer , who though loves reading but has never really written much of anything, is very thankful getting encouragement from the Eglish lit student 😊. I do enjoy writing about these two. Am also extremely uncreative but Arnav and Khushi force me to think of colors, shots, collages, edits! You like the new style.. Hehe Secret behind it I got some good quality videos.. As you rightly said it makes quite a difference..