Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 - Page 106

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

*All pictures credited to uploader and google images

Episode 229

All Night Long

She has waited all night long for him to come home so she can feed him dinner and then she too will eat.  Even Naniji has called him and told him Khushi is waiting for him before she eats.  Frustratingly he says that he has lots of work and Khushi should eat without him.  Naniji  tells him that it is out of affection that Khushi is waiting for him and he again tells her that he will be late with work and Khushi should eat.  Nani hangs up the phone aggravated at her grandson's attitude and tells Khushi it is okay for her to eat. But Khushi refuses she will wait for her husband.  The discussion at the dinner table ihad been about the new and improved "husband" Arnav.  The family members told Anjali that she had missed Arnav wearing Khushi's red shirt.  

He is a changed man.  

Hmmm, is he?

Khushi's idea has backfired.  He is not falling for any of it.  She says it is her stomach that cares and not him.  She pines for the flavor of the food, lifting the covers and smelling the wonderful aroma of the delicious food.  Maybe if she has just a little...

Yum...yum...yum.

By the time he comes home she has eaten all the food. What the? yeah, exactly what fddhdjdh@%! the.

He comes in and he is tired, hungry and wants nothing to do with her drama. my poor arnie. He looks all the food has been eaten. She says, as she burps guiltily, that she will make him fresh HOT food and she goes off to the kitchen. He says for her to wait he will order the food.  Aww, perhaps he is thinking no need to put her through all this trouble? And then he realizes no one will deliver at this hour. 

He is sitting waiting, feels a little funny, gets up and goes to change.  When he comes back to the table all freshened up and in his night wear his head starts to spin and he becomes foggy.  I am sure he is diaphoretic too.  Pouring himself a glass of water he calls for Khushi.

She brings out the fresh, hot food and says wait she must taste if it's perfect for him.  She wants to aggravate this man!

By the time she is ready to serve him he is out cold.

Hypoglycemia has taken over!

Khushi freaks out rubbing his hands and calling his name loud enough that the entire Raizada family comes to the rescue.

Mami goes into her drama Khushi is trying to kill Arnav.  Nani shushes her.

They sprinkle water on his face, he asks for his medicine.  Medicine?  Sometimes I dislike when the nurse comes out in me...give the man some sugar fast!!!  😆 😆 Thank the heavens Khushi remembered!  You take the medicine before the meal, when you are awake, and put something in your stomach.

They bring him to bed; it looks like his sister has fed him by hand.  Everyone leaves husband and wife; Khushi will take care of him, her guilt meter is way too high and she will stay up and watch him all night long!  Anjali tries to pacify her letting her know it wasn't her fault but Khushi's guilt has taken over.  She feels terrible.  She closes their door.

Arnav tries to get out of bed and Khushi runs to him.  She will get anything he wants.  She places her hand on his shoulder and the stubborn man slides it off.  

How much pain should this girl bear for you, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada?

They banter back and forth how he will sleep on the sofa; she refuses to let him by blackmailing him with telling Di.

Ahhh, the power of the almighty Di!  His heart is not dead.  She has got him there.  He obeys.

He leans back in the bed and tries to not let her help him but she insists the lioness is protecting her mate! He has to give in.  Oh, how I would love just a peek inside his mind right now.

So very vulnerable. 

So very tired.

So very tired of playing the game. 👏 👏 👏

But he will never let her know...he will never be defeated!!!

All night long she paces back and forth.

All night long she watches over him.

All night long she does not give in to sleep making sure her husband is okay.

All night long her heartstrings have been plucked and pulled.

All night long she has wrung her hands with worry. 

She pulls over the sofa right next to his bedside and sits like his guardian angel, getting up if he moves, fixing his head position and his covers. 

He may need her at any moment.  So she sits on that sofa waiting with worry...sitting, sitting, watching, watching, until finally she nods off.

They both wake at the very same moment.  That happens to John and me.  He opens his eyes and I know.  It is a strong connection between husband and wife, soul mates.  

We just feel their essence.

👏 super agree, and yes, there is a sensing of the other one. strong sensing.

He tries to move and she jumps up.  Just a minute she says.  She will get the water he wants.  He tells her a bit nastily he will get it, he doesn't need her help.  Deep down, Arnav you long for it!  She tells him not to drink lying down and sure enough he chokes.  Didn't she tell him to be careful?  She asks him to look up and places her hand under his chin and he looks up into the face of his angel and is lost for the longest Rabba Vey moment.

She finally realizes and abruptly lets go of his face while still in the moment and then gets off from leaning on the bed.  They are both in an uncomfortable, restless moment then and she asks if he would like some more water.  This seems to break the spell. She helps him to lay back down with some resistance from him but he finally gives in allowing his wife to take care of him.  

She covers him with his blanket and places his hands on his chest.

He goes back to sleep as she worries for him again all night long.

Morning has broken and his eyes open up to hazel eyes boring into him questioning if he is okay?  He startles and sits up like a rocket.  thud... that's me falling down like an idiot at that description.

She fires a zillion questions about his health at him and if she can do anything for him.  He jumps out of bed maybe to get away from this pagal wife of his or is it that all this caring scares the living day lights out of him? As he gets up he slips on some oil on the floor and falls flat on his back. 

Khushi is aghast.

All night long she was worried and had taken great care of him 

but now...

all night long.

👏

wish supriya could make her collage of episode.

diaphoretic. no idea what it means, nbut soemhow makes him feel even more sexy 🤣 btw did i ever tell you or anyone that i like that diabetic thing? it makes me all protective and awww. bad ad, me very bad.

cynthia, such a lovely one. i have so missed these breezy takes with the most apt words and observations. my thoughts here and there in orange. look forward to more.

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 230

truth was a mirror in the hands of god. it fell and broke into pieces. everybody took a piece of it, and they looked at it and they thought they had the truth.
~~~ rumi ~~~

it started with a fall. a big painful fall as arnav singh raizada slipped on something and lost his balance. it was chameli ka tel which khushi kumari gupta singh raizada had massaged into his hair the night before to make him feel better.

she looked on horrified, he raved at her. are you crazy? he asked the question not too politely. but she had put it on his head only to take care of him, showing that sneh nani ji had spoken of.

i wondered what was with that c oil thing. why out of the blue...
to make him fall and to make him madder on KKG.😆

then came the beautiful reveal of a side of asr's personality... the way he loves. how he would never let anyone he loved feel guilty, he couldn't, he'd take the rap himself. it was totally (pronounced todally he he) engrossing and my jaw dropped at the kind of nuances shading this character. felt real... and sometimes, the karta type, especially those who have faced severe difficulties at a young age can be assiduous in their effort to make everything okay for those they love... to an extent that you feel like telling them to stop. to accept, everyone can grow up and face their own mistakes... but they do it out of gigantic love... you can't hate that. especially in asr, who is completely non interfering otherwise.

the episode puzzled me still. so we were being shown a lovely side of the gussa boy, but why, just to tell us how wonderful he is? felt empty.
i already told you my POV.

as he stood before the mirror, and killed me with his looks, the word "pehchaan" to know someone, went through my head.

and i recalled the huskily delivered dialogue:
"kitna bhi jaan lo, kabhi kabhi kissi ko pehchanna bahut mushkil ho jata hai..."

no matter how much you know some people, sometimes to really know them is very difficult.

when his di turned him toward his own reflection, told him a little bit about himself, said she realised his action showed how much he loved khushi, i thought oh, okay... so that dialogue is really meant for him... he knows himself forever. yet he doesn't... not really.

and then i realised nor does khushi.
if lakshmi ji had turned around and articulated through her mehhh a simple question: why did you stay up the whole night, khushi, just because you're feeling guily? would you have stayed up if you didn't think you were responsible for his condition in some way, would you have massaged that foul smelling oil into his long dark locks still? i am sure khushi would have said, "no", even though her heart would've answered something else. only the forlorn look on her face would have indicated things and we'd know how little she knew herself... or was willing to.

neither does he know his own self, his reason for doing things, nor she. both believe they dislike the other, and yet their actions say other things. she with down market chameli tel and he with elaborately set up lie by the pool, show and express the same thing...

love.

a love they don't "know" of, yet their heart knows and expresses, even without their knowledge. in his case, his sister pointed him in the right direction... wish lakshmi ji were as useful.

oil and freeing her of guilt were details, they could have been anything..

as long as they were tell tale signs of an emotion, of feelings they had, and didn't know how valid and absolute those feelings were. how they were driven by these feelings, acting on their compulsions.

someting seemed to indicate a track change, not the physical one of shantivan to gh, but the internal one. now on, they will again and again let slip expressions of care, of need, of desire, of love without really knowing why they were doing it.

because both are fighting hard not to love the other. they have even before shown signs of those feelings, gotten lost in each other, confessed during holi and on a stage before all, but somehow you get the feeling, it's all getting deeper, more compelling and now it feels like a certain turn at road is being taken.

maybe i've interpreted it all wrong... but i like the thought, so am going to stay with it.

especially those three women in the colours of a traffic signal, a tongue in cheek hint at crossroads and a change?

fall. stop start go. natak, sab kuch natak tha. kabhi kabhi issi ko pehchaanna bahut mushkil ho jata hai. the episode was somewhere about all that.

paas mat aana mere...
how he whipped it out. why? why didn't he want her to come close to him? was it getting too hard to handle? he wanted to do things he had sworn not to?

she sleeps standing up and snores. hai re nand kissore, since when did khoosie bitiya need such funny ha ha writing. with her penchant for comedy, sanaya can make almost anything light frothy zany... but even writing ishtyle has changed track.
indeed she is. she is such a powerful actress, that make any nonsense scene sensible. I feel sorry for her, that the cvs exploited her. Poor girl, didn't get proper outfits to wear.

adrakwali chai shuruwat. why am i thinking this is interesting. and please... no wonder the man drinks coffee. give him some fine darjeeling in a bone china or porcelain teapot... tea leaves steeped not boiled.
Don't you know they are the poorest tycoon. Look at their life style, very ordinary, their home deco, their costumes. they don't have a separate breakfast nook also. how can you expect such classy stuff from them. poor stingy, PH!

three women in the colours of traffic light in the kitchen..😆. khushi is stop... anjali start, payal go... hmmm, there's a change being signalled i felt even as i watched. a happiness... junction maybe? or am i imagining this because i know what's coming.

something nice about the kitchen at rm, i always get a good feeling around here. and there have been just too many nirvana bringing scenes here for me not to forget, this is sacred ground.

in akash's room an abnormal emotion... a little girl feels an infatuation with amuch older cousin. might have been terribly interesting if they understood this emotion well and portrayed it. as it was, it was un.bear.able.

and someone tells me, pilleejh... what was that love and cute stuff... luv kush? suddenly, in front of a kid and ma in law, the love birds are in full trill... seemed strange. and what's thsi love is a four letter word thing. then of course not to be outdone, along comes mami and teaches a nine year old to call her bhabi, sorry "bhabs" kbt. not the best place for a child to grow up i am thinking. 
i expressed my frustration in my take also. Why don't you teach some good stuff to your mano, Indi?😆

because no one bothered to work on the payal akash story or characters, somehow this sudden injection of love dovey felt awkward. the undercurrents made me uncomfortable. and if so much in love, why can't he tell his mom not to call his wife kbt? some day nand kissore no doubt will explain all this to me.

chhotey walks with news paper, a very tired and unwell air... was barun beginning to flag around this time?

"di main theek hoon" di, i am fine he says, exasperated curt.

"theek toh hogay hi na jab tumhare biwi ne raat bhar jaag ke tumhara khayal rakkha hai..." di is sugary sweetness and happy, of course you'll be fine, your wife stayed up the whole night and took care of you.

a long look, a certain unhappiness in chocolate eyes, an anger most beautiful in its quiet smoulder...👏

"ab yeh mat kehna ki tumhe pata nahin hai," now, don't say you didn't know, continues the smiling elder sister.

"pata hai di..." he knows and he is not happy.

but di is delighted because she was a bit perturbed by stories of swami, wondering why her sis in law was using her advice about how chhotey needed to be shown love his way so strangely.

and she tells her brother how pleased she is that he has chosen such a perfect girl for himself... and again it looks like her words will have the reverse effect.

he recalls khushi covering him... her look of concern, a song rises in his heart. he remembers... "humne kaha na dhyan se" oh i recall him saying it to her just the day before... yelling.

a set of memories. a beautiful sequence, perfectly put together by creatives, i can feel tears gather even while i pause and make caps and go back for an interrupted viewing.

he looks away and back again as if thinking, a bit in pain even... something dark gathering to him...

okay, the first time round i had no idea what that faking was all about.

"chai?"

the best things in life start with a tea, so did this sequence. he sat reading and frowning, she was all contrite and careful with a cup of adrakwali chai made with all her concern for her arnav ji.

he looked up and di's words about his jeevan saathi came back...

he slowly folded the paper, a dense, thick with emotions look on his face and a tiredness... arnav singh raizada was getting ready for something.

after a pause, decision made, he slapped the paper on the table and got up swiftly all set. direcetion and acting laudable here. to understand a moment and to interpret with thsi intensity with minimum words and action and paraphernalia, wondrous.

"aap ki dawai," she is gentle. as he took it from her, his expression started to change, a little smile there, a turn of head...

"swami nahin kahogi?" won't you call me swami?  a slightly mocking, maddening air was here, in the look, the voice...

she noticed the change instantly.

"kya?"

"not bad, after all mera idea kaam kar hi gaya..." not bad, after all, my idea did the job...

and the man revealed a ridiculous plot to get back at her. really? i thought that first time, is that really how asr is? he would do all that just to teach her a lesson? maybe he isn't the man i thought he was... maybe the writer was having a particularly bad day and frayed nerves had led to fickle writing.

"ji?" khushi is lost.

with a major look at me i am cool stance and husky, leisurely, i am on top of this game voice he drawled," i think, ab toh tumhe bata hi sakta hoon..."

think i should tell you now...

"pehle yeh batao ki poori raat pareshan rehkar kaisa lagta hai?" first tell me, how does it feel to be worried the whole night?

i thought well, he had had restless nights because of her, so had he really put on an act? no no can't be.

"kaisa laga bina galti kiye guilty feel karna..." how does it feel to feel guilty without having done anything wrong?

"chalo woh sab chhoro..." oh let those be... the playing continued.

pull out to a long shot, slightly from below, a lovely zany angle by the poolside, a return to asr...

baiting his quarry...

"yeh batao ki mujhe kitte dinon se jaanti ho?" tell me, how long have you known me?

tea cup is set on the table. an audible sound like a punctuation mark.

he turns back to her.

"well, dino se kya farak padta hai..." well, what difference does time make... voice growing huskier, more combative, he completes, "kitna bhi jaan lo, kabhi kabhi kissi ko pehchanna bahut mushkil ho jata hai... right?"

and he reveals... "kal raat mujhe kuch nahin hua tha... main bilkul theek tha..." nothing happened to him, he was fine.

a shocked khushi looks at hi,. while an equally shocked di looks out through slats along the corridor upstairs...

he grabs her hands before she drops everything, "surprised, haan?" that instinct to protect, to save, never stays down.

uff that little got you smile, asr is so back. i want to smack his face yet let him come even closer to me than ever before...

what was this game being set up i wondered.

he circled her... i had my meds i wasn't hungry and to top it all (up?!) i hadn't fainted.

he took a step closer threateningly... "sab kuch ek natak.. natak tha..." everything was a charade. voice low and intimate and jeering.

a nod and, "understand?"

apparently he did all this to do settle a score with her.

as always he looked away while lying. i was perplexed, but i didn't read that sign. i was equally taken in.

capable of downright meanness this man, i thought.

"aap natak kar rahe the? aur hum itne pareshan jo hue.." you were acting and i was so worried... khushi is confounded, shocked.

"oh..." pause, "tum pareshaan ho rahi thi?" oh you were worried?

and a palat... a classic asr look back with a mocking smile...

aap kitne chaalak ho... you are so clever.

chalak nahin... shatir. after all, i am arnav sigh raizada... not clever, intelligent/brainy, after all...

this time while watching, all i could think was: how tender is this man.

he walks away on asr tune. so desperate is he to assert himself over those wayward feelings of his, to take the equation back to distant, cool, apart. he possibly can't deal with it otherwise.

"di!"

his sister hauls him to her room and tells him she knows why he did what he did.

a beautiful sensitive interaction between an elder sister and a younger brother, two people who suddenly found one terrifying night, when their lives were shattered, everything scattering like those pearls in the first episode, that the two of them had each other and really nothing much else left. they had walked away with a picture from their home, never to look back again...

hansel and gretl came to mind... their father led them to a dark scary forest and left, the trail leading back home erased... nowhere to go but wherever the path leads. only each other to trust, love, and care desperately for

"khushi? khushi ko kya?" why does his voice touch another plane whenever he mentions her... like a string ties her to his heart?

and she takes him to the mirror... a beautiful sister.. i wish i had it in me to show my brother who he really was and what ails him...
there is no brother like Arnav in this world. And one can see such myriad love only in fiction, not in real for sure.

mirror mirror on the wall, who is the the most spectacularly loving of us all...

she clearly told him that his action simply said he loved khushi a lot, and how much even he perhaps can't fathom. "aur kitna... yeh toh shayad tum bhi nahin jaantey, chhotey."

yes, he didn't know, didn't know that no matter what, even if she was with another, a cheat, a liar, anything, he could not not care for her... he couldn't bear her suffering, that is all he knew... har baar he would step in any way he can to make her world secure.

he whose world had tumbled and there was no safety net, nothing to save him, he would not let his loved ones ever suffer, he will do whatever it takes... a primary urge.

a primal urge.

what he would do to protect his sis, he would do for khushi. he had no idea how important she was to him already, as important as di, in fact.

perplexed, he stared after his sis, and turned back to the mirror... what did he see there? his sister's voice floated, even you don't know how much you care for her, again he remebered khushi's concern.

into the mirror he looked, to see his heart maybe? what was happening to him? he remembered his feelings watching her so close and caring, he remembered his lie.

"unhone jhoot bola," he lied top me. she paced. back in form, just as he had wanted, he hated seeing her down, guilty, contrite... no, khushi always as khushi is.

she reads thsi whoel thng as a nasty mean ploy and decided to give him more of what he can't stand. chashni sweetness, mega show of love, swami...

it is possible to know someone forever and still not know them really.

Fabulous!
loved your detailed take. i could feel your frustration. but I enjoy everything what Arnav-Khushi did in IPK. whatever the cvs gave us, I gulped it ravenously. May be the magic of Barun and Sanaya encompasses me so deeply. 
all the blue lines grabbed my attention.
 i have some comments in purple.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Thanks Jav for reading my 230.
Loved your detailed comments. Your perception amuses me. 
"Dil humko jagakar kyu sone laga hai."👏
what a perfect line you quoted. 
Anjali is shayani indeed, but i don't think she knew her brother so well. I will never wish Arnav and Khushi's married life become perfect like hers. 😆
Who doesn't want to be loved and cared. Arnav is not an exception though. when the MU was over Arnav loved to be cared by Khushi. Remember that cute breakfast in bed. Anjali was very much busy to babysit his swindler hubby. So she couldn't feel his brother's urge or wish. But in today's episode she was really great. 
Loved your thought here, can't agree more.

Arnav has taken the responsibility of his family well being by every means. He wants to see their happy growing faces but when other wish and do something to cheer him and showing their utmost concern he shooed them away. Arnav never wants and expects others to return the favor he does on them especially when it is related to show their utmost care for him. He knows Khushi wouldn't listened to him and that's why he planned to stage an act of making fun of her fake care she showed previous night. He just want Khushi to stop everything, the swami act, care for him and most important the guilt. Isn't this the same that no matter how much he wants to punish her but he just can't. In the end he will bow down

Arnav Singh Raizada ke saath reh kar Khushi Kumari Gupta apni taqdeer likna seekh rahi hai. The charades are on again. If Arnav plans for a change then Khushi is their to make his plan wasted. Sh won't leave Arnav that easily.
oh yeah Khushi is valiant. she retaliated Arnav all the times and won also. 
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
@Soni~
thanks buddy for reading. 
plz don't say sorry that you couldn't read. We all are busy in our personal life. So I also don't expect everyone to read my takes all the time. That's why I stopped sending PM also, just trying to update my index regularly. 
So many of your emotions made me emotional. thank you that you liked my take so much.
The holi track is my most favorite, so I tried to pour my heart in to write these episodes.
Not you only, but nobody won't be able to watch this VM, cause it's very sad that Zoha closed her channel. I don't know why. I was thinking to send her a message. It really broke my heart that the best Arshi vm maker closed her channel.😭
indi52 thumbnail
sohara,

😳

thanks for reading my endless 230.

loved your comments. especially about the tycoon who doesn't have the money for anything... 😆😆 really, beloved wife wears tents. the furniture is chipping... the servants are disappearing, but one great thing... the swimming pool flies around going wherever it is needed... next to di's room, above the drawing room, below the drawing room, how merrily it moves. 😳😳

the only reason i stayed on beyond holi was because of asr and khushi, barun and sanaya.. in the 4 odd months i'd seen them (i started watching regularly around diwali time), they felt embedded in me somehow. i was not able to leave when everything became strange, and am here even now. so, i do understand what you say. but my frustration remains and tends to show...

i am far less perturbed by the lack of production values and wardrobe.

they threw the story.

that is my real sadness. they became completely uncaring about the tale. and gradually, the characters built so assiduously by actors/directors/writer went.

from time to time they'd work out a fabulous asr khushi sequence... and those were always beautiful... but when you take the story away and just use a couple of actors with extraordinary chemistry to get something called trp, when you stop caring about what you want to say, when you stop fighting for your creative product, something in the core of it all suffers.

that is what happened.

as i watch now, i cannot blame a single actor or creative for wanting to leave. because unlike most other serials, ipk had a spectacular first 9 months... there was so much beauty and integrity there. and everyone worked to make it so.

anyway... water under the bridge.

i am just happy now that we got upto 398, even if sometimes i felt a real sadness.

and my mano darling, what to say, she feels so real and so difficult to love, i would not have her any other way. 😆

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 230

From the night of soaring high in love, like Arnav, we literally slip down into reality. Panicky loud Khushi looks on while Arnav is still riled up. Did he think she played another trick which caused him to fall? Well devi maiyya has already played her master move and made him fall in love. It doesn't matter if khushi's extra oil makes him fall on the floor. An almost uncharacteristic outburst from Arnav which lasted but a second... A grimace and calming down once he realizes Khushi was in fact trying to take care of him.

Looks like someone randomly decided we need a lighter tone in today's narration and the resulting snore was simply awkward. But why belittle such an awe inspiring display of love? If Anjali needed to witness Khushiji's concern there were multitude of ways much more subtle to show it than have her fall asleep this abruptly. I notice Payal also always asked Khushi "tum thik toh ho nah?". Of course it neither has Arnav's radiant charm or Barun's impeccable style 😉 ..  though it does have a lot of elder sisterly concern...

Not too far away another elder sister catches up with a worn out looking brother..His hair still greasy ..Anjali reminds chote of Khushiji staying up the whole night to look after him.. "pata hai di".. The faint stress on hai. He does not like it.. an uncharacteristic show of vulnerability.How much all this affects him! Befitting choice of word by Anjali.."Jeevansathi".. her eyes already have seen that this bond of marriage will survive a lifetime. Khushi will remain by Arnav's side to have and to hold , for better for worse, in sickness and in health . One word encompassing all that a wife and husband are to each other.. companions in the journey of life..

The child actor is not too bad.. But why was mami instigating Babli? Payash's saccharine smiles leave me with a feeling of diabetes. Although I quite like Akash and Payal but can we have less sugar piliij..

Near the poolside in their small little world .. an almost demure wife walks up behind Mr Raizada.. tender halting "Chai?" and you can almost feel something ticking in Arnav's brains.. In a deep voice masking hundreds of emotions causing hundreds of emotions "Swami nai kahogi?"  ..calculated expression.."kaisa laga bina galati kiye guilty feel karna?" Unknowingly Arnav gives us a glimpse of what is in his heart. His belief that Khushi deserved all the sadness yet his inability to remain unaffected by it. The guilt eating him up from inside of causing pain. The har baar of how her tears discompose him. And in the foreground the fluid graceful movements of taking a glass of water and having his medicine. Maybe his subconscious self already realizing now he has all the more reason to take care of himself for the sake of one other.

Their hands have to touch because of all the searing untold unexplained chemistry. We hear a familiar strumming of the title song and look upon a flustered wife unsure of where all this is leading. "oh tum pareshan ho ri thi"? The last time he said this in the exact same place it was followed by some of the most breathtaking moments the show gave us. A name on someone's crimson mehendi adorned hand..and a lagi shart which spread a blazing crimson hue on a cheek and kept us all sleepless with dhak dhaks for nights to come.. Khushi can't seem to decide between hurt or anger as she points out how chalaak the man is. "chalaak" nai "shatir" .. after all I am Arnav Singh Raizada ..the pretense of nonchalance.. The hint of a smirk is the only clear sign of the pride he wears in the name he bears and all that he has made it stand for. Am trying to remember if I was convinced that he was lying the first time I watched this. I think I was as clueless as Khushi. Though unlike her I had a strong unshakable belief that even if he was tricking her he must have endured torture each second of the endless night. 

When for the first time I saw Anjali peering from far was wondering what all would she end up overhearing.  Would something else slip from the lips of this estranged couple ? Would the heavily guarded almost forgotten secret of the contract marriage come out in the open? Then for quite some time I thought Anjali herself would be hurt or enraged on behalf of Khushi that Arnav tricked them all. So what happened next was quite a surprise and a really heart touching one at that.. 

I guess whenever Anjali wears this yellow saree she is extra wise like the time she tried to explain to Khushi how her brother did not like display of love but needed it just the same. They are wrong when they say the photograph, a memory of yesteryear, is the only thing they brought with them from Sheesh Mahal. They brought something far more precious.. They brought each other.. And the love that helped both to survive. In one case a love that ensured a person would be able to keep her innocent idealistic beliefs.. And in the other case a love that ensured a person would leave no room for luck..no room for failure.. the certainty to excel.. "matlab?".. rueful and abashed chote stood in front off the all knowing gentle condescending di.. A heavy weight settling in.. constricting breath as he utters an urgent "Khushi?".. An irrefutable irrepressible eagerness to know whatever di has to say about her..  Am surprisingly touched by this beautiful depiction of what some might consider an almost mundane relationship. His sister understands him. "Ab bhi humein humare chote ki jhalak in aakhon mein nazar aati hai".. 

A fourteen year orphaned adolescent could be this thoughtful and dependable. No surprises that the man we see today is this perceptive and selfless. A man who carries all burdens single handedly with such a high sense of morality in his unique way that he was in deep remorse when he did something unjust. Who forces himself to learn to say sorry and mean it. Not just with Khushi but he also apologized to Payal for breaking her wedding and to buaji and amma for unintentionally hurting them. A man capable of facing the truth head on. Be it the decision to tell di about Shyam's treachery or come clean with Lavanya once he realized how unfair he had been about their relationship. A man feared for his anger in office but also revered for his ability. Loyal to a mami whom everyone takes for granted. Kindhearted to a little stranger who wanted pigeons to fly to be reassured that her world would be all right. A man who had confidence to engage in astonishing gentle yet drop dead teasing courting, but also a boy too new and scared to bare his soul to the one he loved still brave enough to take the leap of faith. Ok am definitely digressing now..

We get treated to a soothing shot of a brother and his sister looking into the mirror.. do they see their past? or can they visualize their future? .. A chagrined self conscious feeling of exposure seems to catch Arnav offgaurd ..  On my first watch my mouth formed a Khushi style "haw he was lying?" followed by "yeaaa he said all this to make her feel better".. The sometimes bewildered, often clumsy, spirited when needed and bewitching always was the Khushi who gave him sukoon. Arnav was willing to lie so that his feisty fully of life Khushi came back. Incoherent to his own self and too scared to admit again all that is within his heart he is still ready to damn himself to spare her the guilt. And what cannot hide in the mystic recesses of those eyes or in his slightly awestruck look has been caught by his di. The complicated introvert stands enthralled by the discovery of all that he sees in Arnav's reflection and I gaze on captivated by Barun Sobti's performance.. 

For some crazy reason I get reminded of these lines from a comic book turned movie, Dark Knight .. "Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.".. Aranav Singh Raizada does not need acceptance or gratitude. He will silently bear everything and go to any lengths to protect the ones he loves.  And somewhere while watching the last scene a realization has hit me that being good , as the term seems to imply, is highly overrated. You don't require to mouth promises, follow customs, like kids, be kind to everyone around you, agree to conventions or even embrace religion to be a good person or an exemplary icon of love .. it sounds like an understatement but all you need is a good decent heart.. and on this rewatch I am learning this invaluable lesson of life from a 27 year old fictional character Arnav Singh Raizada. At this point actually hurts to call him or for that matter any of them a figment of someone's imagination. In only 20 mins they manage to become more real than a lot of the real people that take up the rest of the 1420 minutes of my day..

Finally Shyam's face in the foreground and sinister music in the background leaves us with an unsettling feeling.. except that we know none of all this that Shyam did was ever significant enough to matter or actually ever made any sense at all..

Aarwen,

I am spell bound... amazed.. speechless.. floored...

Those underlined are some of the BEST lines I have read for this man... and I read many.. some exclusive ASR writers who wouldn't pen anything but for this man...

I am completely blown away by the simplicity yet the profundity of your writing.. without being flowery you hit the chord to such a perfection that I am still reeling... Sorry for this profuse flattery.. May be I am just glad to have come across you.. your writings.. another one who perceives this man the way writers intended him to be...

I have nothing more to say about the episode.. Even I was super confused when I watched.. of his intentions... but on that pool side, my heart thoroughly went to Khushi, who just wouldn't understand.. has no clue.. this man is indeed complex.. she perhaps can not fathom neither the depths... nor his uncanny ways to mask his love.

It was indeed pleasing to see Anjali.. some anchor when these two are perhaps wandering in hurt and pain..

Loved it AArwen.. thanks and keep writing..
Edited by Horizon - 10 years ago
shesherkobita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 230

it is possible to know someone forever and still not know them really.

INDIII ! Smooch smooch slobber slobber... How I love your writing... The depths and valleys ... Everything I need to understand , I get from you... I'm a very superficial thinker.. And I swear I wouldn't get the nuances of this show if it wasn't for you and your team of fabulous writers. 
My initial feeling was that ASR didn't want khushi to get credit ( similar to the Kara/ medicine that brought his voice back after the Bali honeymoon) for him getting better. Also he wanted to get back at her for the swami trick she had played. That's why he said " aren't you gonna call me swami?" But didi showed him that his apparent meanness ( towards khushi) had a subconscious backdrop/reasoning. His subconscious will never let khushi feel guilty, same way it didn't let didi feel guilty. He doesn't recognize how his subconscious ( or his heart) rules his brain ... Sigh ... Do you think I even think about any of these in depth when I rewatch these episodes? ... No way... All I think about is that ..THAT mirror image is how Barun Sobti sees himself. Cause what you see in the mirror is how you see yourself ( I mean just the image) ... All others see a different image ( a reverse one) ... Do u get my drift Indiji? I am stuck on the revelation that that's what Barun sees in the morning and I get butterflies at that thought... I'm telling you I've lost it completely! His absence is making things harder for my senile insane brain! 

That little girl to me is GUL (with inadequate understanding of children) She experiments with kids of different psychs ... Whether it's this weird kid (with Freudian pencil chewing sexual theories) or Arav ( the strange lil man) ...Cause she actually doesn't know pregnancy & kids and the whole nine yards. That's why Anjali's pregnancy was so bizarre ( no showing, eternal length etc etc) ... Gul is a genius ... but she is beaten by life's experience ... She followed the marketing theory that people will buy anything if there  is a kid or a dog ( a pet ) in it. Laxmi worked but the kids didnt...

Gotta run but will be back to read more of my fav writer , Indrani robbins! 

Sabi
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

*All pictures credited to uploader and google images

Episode 229

All Night Long

Celine dion's song came to my head..."I drove all night to come to you it's that alright..

Nothing erases the feeling in between me and you

She is waiting for him and he is for her and both want to be in each other embrace, if she can't resist touching and caressing his hair and getting to the point in frustration where she is crossing all limits and he is crossing all barriers today even his own health to just show her and make her feel the "chot" the hurt he's been suffering from and the very next moment he is giving in all the guards and rests in her palm , in her embrace which she is snatching and easing it for him at the same time."LET ME DO IT"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wnJNguOmAM[/YOUTUBE]

She has waited all night long for him to come home so she can feed him dinner and then she too will eat.  Even Naniji has called him and told him Khushi is waiting for him before she eats.  Frustratingly he says that he has lots of work and Khushi should eat without him.  Naniji  tells him that it is out of affection that Khushi is waiting for him and he again tells her that he will be late with work and Khushi should eat.  Nani hangs up the phone aggravated at her grandson's attitude and tells Khushi it is okay for her to eat. But Khushi refuses she will wait for her husband.  The discussion at the dinner table ihad been about the new and improved "husband" Arnav.  The family members told Anjali that she had missed Arnav wearing Khushi's red shirt.  

He is a changed man.  

Hmmm, is he?

Khushi's idea has backfired.  He is not falling for any of it.  She says it is her stomach that cares and not him.  She pines for the flavor of the food, lifting the covers and smelling the wonderful aroma of the delicious food.  Maybe if she has just a little...

Yum...yum...yum.

By the time he comes home she has eaten all the food. What the?  

He comes in and he is tired, hungry and wants nothing to do with her drama.  He looks all the food has been eaten. She says, as she burps guiltily, that she will make him fresh HOT food and she goes off to the kitchen. He says for her to wait he will order the food.  Aww, perhaps he is thinking no need to put her through all this trouble? And then he realizes no one will deliver at this hour. 

He is sitting waiting, feels a little funny, gets up and goes to change.  When he comes back to the table all freshened up and in his night wear his head starts to spin and he becomes foggy.  I am sure he is diaphoretic too.  Pouring himself a glass of water he calls for Khushi.

She brings out the fresh, hot food and says wait she must taste if it's perfect for him.  She wants to aggravate this man!

By the time she is ready to serve him he is out cold.

Hypoglycemia has taken over!

Khushi freaks out rubbing his hands and calling his name loud enough that the entire Raizada family comes to the rescue.

Mami goes into her drama Khushi is trying to kill Arnav.  Nani shushes her.

They sprinkle water on his face, he asks for his medicine.  Medicine?  Sometimes I dislike when the nurse comes out in me...give the man some sugar fast!!!  Thank the heavens Khushi remembered!  You take the medicine before the meal, when you are awake, and put something in your stomach.

They bring him to bed; it looks like his sister has fed him by hand.  Everyone leaves husband and wife; Khushi will take care of him, her guilt meter is way too high and she will stay up and watch him all night long! Anjali tries to pacify her letting her know it wasn't her fault but Khushi's guilt has taken over.  She feels terrible.  She closes their door.

Arnav tries to get out of bed and Khushi runs to him.  She will get anything he wants.  She places her hand on his shoulder and the stubborn man slides it off.  

How much pain should this girl bear for you, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada?

They banter back and forth how he will sleep on the sofa; she refuses to let him by blackmailing him with telling Di.

Ahhh, the power of the almighty Di!  His heart is not dead.  She has got him there.  He obeys.

He leans back in the bed and tries to not let her help him but she insists the lioness is protecting her mate! He has to give in.  Oh, how I would love just a peek inside his mind right now.

So very vulnerable. 

So very tired.

So very tired of playing the game. 

But he will never let her know...he will never be defeated!!!

All night long she paces back and forth.

She is back and forth in his life, restless, confused, out of office, back to home, came near to him so close that  couldn't resist losing her heart and he trashed her feelings, she wanted to move on but again he brought her back and made a bond with her in Mandir , his sister brought her back to RM and on and on and on, She never had a peace.

All night long she watches over him.

All this time she is watching him over and over , he is her prince in one minute and the very second he is Rakshus but she still keeping her faith in him

All night long she does not give in to sleep making sure her husband is okay.

She is giving every second of her life to get to his heart,to wake him up to make love to him the way any girl wants from her prince , her partner, HIS LOVE.

All night long her heartstrings have been plucked and pulled.

All this time her heart is aching and beating only for HIM , a person who can string her heart like no one , even Devi Maiya showed her that.Her heat is attached with him and only him in love and sorrow.

All night long she has wrung her hands with worry.

She is frustrated as "wrung hands " not cupping or rubbing...She has no idea and had no clue and here for his health 

Cynthia, Love this whole scenario and that's how I see it.

She pulls over the sofa right next to his bedside and sits like his guardian angel, getting up if he moves, fixing his head position and his covers. 

He may need her at any moment.  So she sits on that sofa waiting with worry...sitting, sitting, watching, watching, until finally she nods off.

They both wake at the very same moment.  That happens to John and me.  He opens his eyes and I know.  It is a strong connection between husband and wife, soul mates.  

We just feel their essence.

It's not only hubby and wifey , it is also among your loved ones , I have this with my kids.

He tries to move and she jumps up.  Just a minute she says.  She will get the water he wants.  He tells her a bit nastily he will get it, he doesn't need her help.  Deep down, Arnav you long for it!  She tells him not to drink lying down and sure enough he chokes.  Didn't she tell him to be careful?  She asks him to look up and places her hand under his chin and he looks up into the face of his angel and is lost for the longest Rabba Vey moment.

She finally realizes and abruptly lets go of his face while still in the moment and then gets off from leaning on the bed.  They are both in an uncomfortable, restless moment then and she asks if he would like some more water.  This seems to break the spell. She helps him to lay back down with some resistance from him but he finally gives in allowing his wife to take care of him.  

She covers him with his blanket and places his hands on his chest.

He goes back to sleep as she worries for him again all night long.

Morning has broken and his eyes open up to hazel eyes boring into him questioning if he is okay?  He startles and sits up like a rocket.  

She fires a zillion questions about his health at him and if she can do anything for him.  He jumps out of bed maybe to get away from this pagal wife of his or is it that all this caring scares the living day lights out of him? As he gets up he slips on some oil on the floor and falls flat on his back. 

Khushi is aghast.

All night long she was worried and had taken great care of him 

but now...

Cynthia I loved your take , 👏

just love , love it.Thnx My comments are in between.❤️

Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

hey sabi,

good to see you... and i am relieved that you continue to lose your mind over asr, as i need company for the rest of my life.

and dear deep thinker, you may be absolutely right, he meant to get at her and do some score settling but di it was, the wise and watchful, who took him to the mirror and told him what he had actually achieved with that game of his.

tell you how i saw it... since asr was a man of few words and many impossible to forget expressions, we read his face teehee. when she comes with the tea and stands behind him, and there's that little pause as his eyes register her presence, then he thinks something with a fairly serious air, no anger, no little lopsided smile, a hint of dard in it... and puts the paper down, gets up suddenly and swings into this swagger and natak, there was this air of purpose about him. however, there was no sense of out to win, more like out to fix.

so when i finally figured out that this was all indeed a natak, i thought ok, he did this to make her feel better, because not only was he perturbed by her state through the night, di had informed him how awful his wife was feeling and she was now making adrak ki chai. oh boy. then came voice most forlorn from behind him and he said, what the, must do something about this. especially since he had recalled exactly how caring his wife had been.

but he had no idea why he did it, almost instinctively that too... he just couldn't bear to see her like that and did what he felt he had to. it was di who made him see why exactly.

that mirror shot, lovely explanation. i love the asymmetrical lips showing up so brazenly on the flat surface. unmasks him, seems to me. in fact that difference between how we see him and how he looks in the mirror, fascinating, another work of kismet in ipk perhaps.

pehchaan was obviously the thing in this episode. who knows or doesn't know whom. hello subconscious, meet me super conscious 😆.

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Here is the link for 230😊
Metamorphosis