Sofia Hayat Releases Tell-All Video About Armaan Kohli & Bigg Boss

uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Sofia Hayat Releases Tell-All Video About Armaan Kohli & Bigg Boss

Sofia Hayat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jsx0n_Lo94c

Once she was out of the Bigg Boss houseSofia Hayat filed an FIRagainst Armaan Kohli for physical abuse. We all know what happened then - he was arrested from the Bigg Boss house but then later released on bail (only to return to the competition). As a result, Sofia boycotted the finale of the show, after which she sat down and recorded a YouTube video to set the record straight on a number of things. Watch her new "tell-all" video to hear her side of the story.

SOME HIGHLIGHTS:

1. On the sexual assault charges:

"My Hindi is good enough to understand most things, but I don't understand dirty, disgusting swear words. The police obviously saw those and levied sexual abuse charges on top, which I thank the police for."

2. On Gauahar's victory:

"I'm very happy Gauahar won Bigg Boss; she's a very much deserving winner. I love the girl, she's honest, and thank you all so much that you voted for her and made her the winner. She's a strong woman whom I deeply respect."

Sofia Hayat

3. On Salman Khan being partial:

"It's a fact that Bigg Boss themselves did not help me at that time when Armaan hit me. When Andy was pushed by Kushal, they threw Kushal out of the house. When a woman was hit by a 6 foot man, nothing happened. I was told that there are connections between Armaan's family, Tanishaa's family and Salman's family, which is absolutely fine. I don't have a problem with that. But I don't understand why Salman shouted at Kushal so many times but didn't shout at Armaan. A few people have also said to me, Sofia, you should drop the complaint because maybe it will hamper some of your work.' I don't know what the bond is between Amaan and Salman, and whether Salman will be upset about this complaint. I'm hoping that Salman is big enough, but I don't think he is."

4. On abuse:

"My father hit my mother when I was younger. I've been in abusive relationships. I have friends who have been in terribly abusive relationships. If I had kept my mouth shut, it would've been like saying it's okay. But it's not okay."

Sofia Hayat

5. On the Delhi gangrape victim:

"A lot of the fans have compared me to Nirbhaya, which is a huge compliment. But what I've gone through is nothing compared to what happened. However, on December 16th 2012 she died as a result of a man committing an act of violence on a woman. In 2012 December 16th, Armaan Kohli was arrested for hitting a woman. I don't see that as any sort of coincidence. Maybe the universe is trying to tell us all something. That violence can happen in poor communities and amongst celebrities."

There are so many things wrong with that statement on so many levels that I can't even wrap my head around it. How could anyone consider being compared to the Delhi gangrape victim a compliment? Come on lady, what were you even thinking by saying that?

Sofia Hayat

6. On skipping the finale:

"I was upset that they invited Armaan. They did invite me, but I didn't go because I didn't want to be in the same place as him. I didn't feel safe being around him."

7. On boycotting Armaan's films:

"If you're a woman who does believe that we have a voice, if you're a woman who saw Bigg Boss and thought what happened to me was wrong, if you're a man who has a mother or a sister or a daughter that you respect - then I need your help. I need you all to make a stand for violence against women in India. You can all do something so simple. So simple but it will make a huge amount of difference. I am appealing to you all to never, ever buy a cinema ticket and watch Armaan Kohli's movie. If we don't buy tickets to his movies, then he will be off the screens. He will be shamed in his own career. Nobody will hire him.

Edited by uknaik99 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mehak_kapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
I dont want to exaggerrate, but one thing I really do not understand here. In this forum most of the members are girls and yet some of them diss Sofiya for lodging a complaint against Arman. Their reason is that it will ruin Sofia's career.

Are we living in the 21st century or we are back to 18th?? Some people on this forum actually support crime against women if done by powerful people. This is the reason for increasing rate of crime.

PS- I am not playing a woman card here. Just a simple observation.
rainfire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mehak_kapoor

I dont want to exaggerrate, but one thing I really do not understand here. In this forum most of the members are girls and yet some of them diss Sofiya for lodging a complaint against Arman. Their reason is that it will ruin Sofia's career.

Are we living in the 21st century or we are back to 18th?? Some people on this forum actually support crime against women if done by powerful people. This is the reason for increasing rate of crime.

wow.  seriously?

you are calling accidently get hit by a broom as violence against women equivalent to gang rape?  I think Armaan should apologize for it (and I think he did) but to take him to court for that and compare herself to a women who went to a horrible horrible nightmare, no woman should ever have to endure, is INSULTING TO HER and women everywhere.

That's pure BS and you and Sofia knows it.  A strong woman, any strong woman would not make such a hue and cry about what happened on a reality show.  She knew very well that most of what happened was staged for gain viewership.  Its as big a BS as Gau crying about Andy showing her personal stuff on tv (considering she did the same thing just a few days before that)

The fact that they are making such a big deal out of this and not about hundreds of cases in India where women are dealing with serious eve teasing, violence and abuse is A MUCH BIGGER INSULT TO WOMEN EVERYWHERE.

Its the women like this who make other women look weak by making a huge drama out of nothing to gain publicity while the real issues go unnoticed. 

She wants to pull a Shilpa Shetty and she thinks by creating a huge drama.  If she was really standing up of violence she would have come forward and told the police to give all the other cases and the more severe once more attention that her case.

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mehak_kapoor

I know and d worse part is that those who r with Sofia in particular nd violence against women in general r put on d defensive, which is quite ironical. 
shmuupie thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Are you serious??
That man needs help he needs to be psychologically evaluated and sent to a correction facility to set his head right!
Just because u come from a rich family background does not gives you the liberty to treat any women in a derogatory manner whether it was Sophia or Tanisha!

I would want to ask the poster do u have a mother or sister if someone like arman had hurtled abuses and hit them "by mistake"  what would you have done? Waited for an apology from Arman??

You are what is wrong with the thinking of some of Indians!

Originally posted by: rainfire

wow.  seriously?

you are calling accidently get hit by a broom as violence against women equivalent to gang rape?  I think Armaan should apologize for it (and I think he did) but to take him to court for that and compare herself to a women who went to a horrible horrible nightmare, no woman should ever have to endure, is INSULTING TO HER and women everywhere.

That's pure BS and you and Sofia knows it.  A strong woman, any strong woman would not make such a hue and cry about what happened on a reality show.  She knew very well that most of what happened was staged for gain viewership.  Its as big a BS as Gau crying about Andy showing her personal stuff on tv (considering she did the same thing just a few days before that)

The fact that they are making such a big deal out of this and not about hundreds of cases in India where women are dealing with serious eve teasing, violence and abuse is A MUCH BIGGER INSULT TO WOMEN EVERYWHERE.

Its the women like this who make other women look weak by making a huge drama out of nothing to gain publicity while the real issues go unnoticed. 

She wants to pull a Shilpa Shetty and she thinks by creating a huge drama.  If she was really standing up of violence she would have come forward and told the police to give all the other cases and the more severe once more attention that her case.

shmuupie thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Also your comment abt. Gauhar making a hue and cry when Andy showed her "stuff" on national tv, she did not show it on national tv as you are suggesting, she just told Andy how the living of a model is and what all she wore and how she has struggled as a model and actress (shown on live feed) what Andy did was disposable! 

Tell me which "brother" in any country would show their sisters undergarments on national tv and say it was for fun!

Hats off to Gauhar for putting some sense in Andy and telling him what he did was wrong! She is a strong women and she showed it the very first week to arman, no wonder he never dared to take any panga with her!! Looser

wow.  seriously?

rainfire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shmuupie

Are you serious??
That man needs help he needs to be psychologically evaluated and sent to a correction facility to set his head right!
Just because u come from a rich family background does not gives you the liberty to treat any women in a derogatory manner whether it was Sophia or Tanisha!

I would want to ask the poster do u have a mother or sister if someone like arman had hurtled abuses and hit them "by mistake"  what would you have done? Waited for an apology from Arman??

You are what is wrong with the thinking of some of Indians!

I don't live in India and I didn't grow up there either.  Where I live, if a man behaves with me the way Armaan did in real life I would slap him.  If he hit me on purpose I would send his ass to jail. 

But I am not on a reality show getting off on publicity.  I don't like Armaan..personally I think he is an a** but that doesn't make Sofia some abla nari who got abused on national television.  The whole thing is total BS and it wouldn't bother me what she does except the people here who are standing up for Sofia and the whole violence against women thing are going on twitter and bullying Tanisha.

Now there excuse is that Tanisha was a doormat and she deserves it.  They need to really look at themselves because they are just as big a bully as Armaan is. 

Oh and while the whole BS about a reality show is such a big thing for some people, the real problems women are facing in India are going unnoticed.  Btw did you see any big articles about real gang rape and abuse that happened in India recently.

This is Real.  This is what women are facing in India. 
Edited by rainfire - 10 years ago
Samundar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I don't live in India and I didn't grow up there either.  Where I live, if a man behaves with me the way Armaan did in real life I would slap him.  If he hit me on purpose I would send his ass to jail. 

But I am not on a reality show getting off on publicity.  I don't like Armaan..personally I think he is an a** but that doesn't make Sofia some abla nari who got abused on national television.  The whole thing is total BS and it wouldn't bother me what she does except the people here who are standing up for Sofia and the whole violence against women thing are going on twitter and bullying Tanisha.

Now there excuse is that Tanisha was a doormat and she deserves it.  They need to really look at themselves because they are just as big a bully as Armaan is. 

Oh and while the whole BS about a reality show is such a big thing for some people, the real problems women are facing in India are going unnoticed.  Btw did you see any big articles about real gang rape and abuse that happened in India recently.

This is Real.  This is what women are facing in India. 

The points being overlooked in this whole moral stance against Armaan are:
- There was plenty of provoking on Sofia's part. She needlessly chucked Armaan's team's bag across the compound wall. She kept making her snide comments, sticking out her tongue at him and all. 
I think it is pretty reasonable that he yelled at her for that. At that point, if you recollect, Sofia pushed him away. Is that violence? If not, how is it violence if Armaan pushed her away using the mop? Maybe the handle accidentally hit her face too, we do not know exactly what transpired there, since it wasn't shown to us.

- Armaan was yelling at everyone in the house, men and women. So why is he being made out to be specifically a woman abuser?

- Women in the show, like Kamya and Gauhar have repeatedly said that they want to be treated the same as men. When they are treated the same, it is an opportunity to file a sexual harassment lawsuit?
mehak_kapoor thumbnail

<font size="2" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">wow. seriously?</font>

<font size="2" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">you are calling accidently get hit by a broom as violence against women equivalent to gang rape? I think Armaan should apologize for it (and I think he did) but to take him to court for that and compare herself to a women who went to a horrible horrible nightmare, no woman should ever have to endure, is INSULTING TO HER and women everywhere.</font>

<font size="2" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">That's pure BS and you and Sofia knows it. A strong woman, any strong woman would not make such a hue and cry about what happened on a reality show. She knew very well that most of what happened was staged for gain viewership. Its as big a BS as Gau crying about Andy showing her personal stuff on tv (considering she did the same thing just a few days before that)</font>

<font size="2" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">The fact that they are making such a big deal out of this and not about hundreds of cases in India where women are dealing with serious eve teasing, violence and abuse is A MUCH BIGGER INSULT TO WOMEN EVERYWHERE.</font>

<font size="2" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Its the women like this who make other women look weak by making a huge drama out of nothing to gain publicity while the real issues go unnoticed. </font>

<font size="2" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">She wants to pull a Shilpa Shetty and she thinks by creating a huge drama. If she was really standing up of violence she would have come forward and told the police to give all the other cases and the more severe once more attention that her case.</font>

I will NOT dignify your lowest level of this comment with my logical answer.

There is only one word for you and your comment

PATHETIC.

Armaan and Salmaan do fearlessly whatever they want because of people like you.
mehak_kapoor thumbnail
People think only rape is to considered as a serious crime against women.

When will they grow up and understand even a forceful push or abusive language is equally a violent act.

And I cant believe people are defending Armaan. I mean seriously they believe that a woman should wait for a rape to happen and then raise a voice?? Pathetic isnt it??

Sheeesh !!! What has the mentality come to. Feel sorry for such people