Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: ladyhobbes

IKR, What is up with that? Her ex-fiance did not do even 10 % of what Jalaal has been doing for her and she was throwing coy glances at him! But with Jalaal, she can only show nakhre! Poor Jalaal!

I swear..Suryaban wasn't half as charming as Jalal..I understand she had preconceived notions cos of how he forced her into the marriage but she needs to let go of the past and live in the present..Jalal has more than made up for his actions..She needs to see that this guy who can have any woman in the world if he wants to is actually going out of his way to please her and cant even look beyond herπŸ˜† Don be so blind Jodha begum..He treats you like a Princess and everyone apart from you can see thatπŸ˜†
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
nice post.

you know what, yesterday I first read your post and then,watched the epi at 11 pm and enjoyed it more.

MoronsKiMallika thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Vicki,

I have often loved your posts when I did not agree with even half of them, but this the first time I am on the same page as you all the way.  This calls for Bollinger or Moet Chandon, for It is surely one for the record books!πŸ˜†πŸ€—

Thank you, Dee. πŸ˜†...its good to be on the same side once in a while. We have completely opposite perspectives , but i enjoy the difference that we have.😳

Also for the record, I had felt that it would have been rather nice if Pratap had helped Jalal with tips on how to control a rampaging elephant, and they had developed a solid respect for each other, though it did seem unlikely to me even as I wrote that. Jalal would sure know his pal inside out and would need no back up for dealing with him. 

AGREED. I also wanted that to happen because both Pratap and Jalaal were men of valour and it would be petty and low if Pratap could have helped but he didn't. I mean, cool that Jalaal controlled Hawaai but I would have preferred Pratap do something to handle the situation instead of giving a running commentary. πŸ₯±πŸ˜†

Of course I was ready with a slipper for Jodha,  but after seeing that promo, one could not be blamed for being led astray. Mansi had even cooked up an ingenious theory to fit in with the promo and yet keep Jodha free of blame .

My own feeling that a misleading promo, made so  by clever editing and transposition of shots, and only half the spoken lines being shown,  is one thing. Showing a radically different take  on the scene, as was done this time is quite another. It is a lie direct, and such dishonesty makes the CVs lose credibility. I do not think this one would have gained them much by way of TRPs either. 

I agree. The promo could have been simply Jodha asking Jalaal to help as Hawaai is on a killing spree, but that " veerta siddh karke dikhaaiye " was not needed. But its a common marketing tool, Dee. Its the channel's brain. 

Coming to the episode, I found the sudden spike in the creepiness quotient in  Sharifuddin eyeing  Jodha to be highly unrealistic. Why on earth would he, naturally a cautious man, run such a risk and to what purpose? Bizarre. And Bakshi Bano, with her doormat attitude and her eternally weepy eyes gets on my nerves.

Dee, i have missed a certain chunk of JA in the beginning , so, am not too sure about what has been Badnaam-u-din's take on Jodha. Did he ever call Jodha 'Amer ka aslee khazana'? I mean, if he has ever harboured carnal desire for her and its ignited again. If not, then, its suicide. Jodha is a chief queen and Jalaal's wife in today's date. Unless of course, he feels that Jalaal  can be killed and he can pounce on Jodha. Bakshi is always shown a doormat. Even in the film, it was the same. 

Finally, coming to the precap, it was the single most hopeful thing re: the Jalal-Jodha relationship that I have seen so far. I am not at all a Mills and Boon aficionada, and as I wrote some time back, my idea of the Jalal-Jodha romance would be :

Intelligent  sparring between them, as between two fiercely competitive individuals, but now devoid of the harsh edges that marred their interactions till the Ajmer pilgrimage.  Mutual caring and affection developing,  slowly but surely.

Of an  edgy friendship morphing, insensibly, into love, with all its yearnings, its restlessness in the absence of the loved one, the misunderstandings, the jealousies, the protectiveness and the possessiveness, and beneath it all, the undercurrent of a hidden sensuality.

Of a Jodha whose pride in her magnificent husband would make her say, as Cleopatra once said to Julius Caesar : "But for you, the world is full of little men".

Well, that is how a relationship of equals should be between two individualistic powerful people, but am sure that Ekta will keep visiting M&B now and then to cater to the chiffon and champagne world of romance. 

There has been none of that, even hinted at as a remote possibility so far, with childish bickerings and tana maarna being irritating staples, especially from her side. Interspersed with RK Films logo type stunts, and assorted jejune instances of physical contact. But as for  any meeting of the minds, no way.

In this precap, Jalal is , with brutal candour about the risks he runs, making Jodha face up to the kashmakash of being an emperor. More, he is  treating her as an equal  whose advice he seeks. She is now at the foot of the wall, and there will be no easy refuge in ghrina  or  deliberately  misunderstanding him. She will have to stand and deliver. Let us see what she does.

Same here. I want to see how Jodha reacts to this question from Jalaal. If she can look beyond her 'aap humein taane maar rahhe hain' syndrome and her genuine worry about his life, she will know that the answer is in Jalaal's question. 

This could be a real turning point in their relationship. At least, so I hope.

Shyamala

@Notagain, Riyya, Dilip. Thank you.😳
@All. Thank you for reading, liking and commenting.πŸ€—

The following 61 member(s) liked the above post:

*Shruti*,  bumbushi,  amivp,  baas-tv,  ngayou,  Pretty1978,  mkap,  divyadollar,  suppss77,  khim,  indigodeviafsanaanjum,  pervinn,  aranu,  Jarp,  shivalkar,  livelyrose90,  Nowsheen,  fragrance18,  simi28,  noopursonam21,  dilipc302,  ahuta,  baubles,  sunshine_sun,  notagain,  Sharee12,  KDR81,  XDPagalKuriXDArieltabi,  Sofia13,  melissa05,  ankitaankita,  AbHer_neha,  ashpat,  shiveni,  naneta,  -Deepzz-,  -Khush-,  sonia_1,  Mallika-E-Bhais,  Star_girl,  Yukthi.,  tnusredey,  ameilia,  tamy267,  Autumn_Rosesashashyam,  sonilausarun,  prejudiced,  asena,  sona_naksh,  111192,  Aashu75,  sun29,  swan20Parijatrocks,  rogerrocks,  riyya6,  ...Poojie...