Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Linsie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
"We'll just take the direct approach..." Rehan said.
 "You two." 🤣 He said pointing 😆 to Asad and Arnav.🤣 "Find her some medication, 🤣 and if this
craziness continues 🤣 find a mental hospital.
 🤣 I am taking this one, 😆 if I don't return
 in two hours call the police." 👍🏼
astonm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
HOLA AMIGOS! I am back with an update. Although this update is coming after only five days, please don't get used to this. My course load this year at university is on the crazy side, I spend most of my time learning the weird ass latin names for every small bone and body part. And studying for the MCAT. Sigh. I just don't have it in me to make the time to write a lot right now. I'll try my best to update on a weekly basis, but it may not happen. 
I love the comments you leave me so much! I never expected such a huge positive response when I started writing this but you guys have been so amazing! So this one is for all of you wonderful people!

Another thing, if I don't reply to your PMs it is not because I don't want to talk to you or anything, I am just really inactive right now, I will go through them and reply when I get the time :) 

Chapter 29

"So, you and Asad." Rehan said teasingly pulling out of Zoya's apartment building in his Audi R8. He had never seen his best friend so happy.

"Yes." Zoya laughed.

"He is the one from that Gala two years ago isn't he?" Rehan asked remembering how Zoya had fawned over him that night. It took him a while to place him because he was now sporting a bit of a beard unlike before.

"I can't believe you remembered." Zoya said genuinely shocked, Rehan usually didn't remember little things like that.

"Of course I remember, you don't fawn over guys, he's the only one I remember you being smitten with." Rehan laughed. "It's a small world."

"You can't even imagine how I felt when I saw him. I never thought I would see him again." Zoya shared, the words sinking in as she spoke them. What were the odds of running into him? Maybe this was what destiny is all about.

"Some things are just meant to be." Rehan smiled. "You two look perfect together."

"Really?" Zoya asked happily.

"Yeah, it weird to watch you two. You know when one of you move in the slightest, the other moves too. Even from across a room."

"AWWW! Rehan, why are you being so sweet?" Zoya gushed.

"You totally just ruined the moment." He laughed.

"Meh." Zoya said shrugging. "I found my man, when are you finding yours?"

"I am not particularly happy with the idea of finding a man." Rehan laughed.

"You know what I meant!" Zoya rolled her eyes. "We must find you a girl!"

"DON'T! The last time you and Khushi hooked me up with someone she turned out to be an obsessive stalker." He cringed.

"She didn't seem like the type, I honestly don't know what happened there." Zoya speculated. "But seriously, what kind of girl do you want? Wait wait, someone exactly like me!"

"Zoya, if I wanted someone exactly like you I would have settled for you." He laughed.

"True. Then tell me!"

"I don't know...someone simple. A normal girl, not overly headstrong like you and Khushi or devious. A girl with a good heart and a brain."

"Awww. That's so cute RiRi!"

"Don't call me that."

"I love how it still pisses you off, Princess RiRi."

"Dress up as a princess one time." He muttered underneath his breath. "Well since you love the name so much you can name your kid RiRi."

"Oh no, Asad and I decided on Armaan for a boy and Zara for a girl." Zoya said thinking about their conversation from this morning while standing in line.

X-X-X

"Is the line always so long?" Asad asked looking at the amount of people lined up to go up to the observation deck.

"It depends on the weather I guess. It's shorter at night." Zoya said.

"New York would look amazing at night from up there."

"It does. We'll come back with Arnav and Khushi! And-" Zoya started to say but noticed that Asad was looking down at his legs where a little boy stood tugging his pant leg, he couldn't be more than three with his chubby red cheeks and red hair to match.

"Hi." Asad smiled sitting down on one knee so he was at face level.

"Hi." The kid replied.

"What are you doing here?" Asad asked looking around noticing that his parents didn't seem to be around.

"I lost." The kid said sadly, his eyes watering.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't cry. We'll find your mommy." Asad said picking him up in his arms causing Zoya to mentally turn into a puddle of goo. He looked so...perfect...holding a baby, like he was meant for it. The crying kid calmed down a little and sniffled.

"What's your name?" Zoya asked wiping tears off his face.

"Tony."

"Hi Tony. He is Asad and I am Zoya." She smiled.

"Awad?" He said hitting Asad's cheek and then turned back to Zoya. "Pwetty Oya wike mommy." He smiled.

"What's your mommy's name?" Zoya asked.

"Mommy." The kid answered causing Zoya's eyes to go wide and Asad to laugh in the what did you expect' tone.

"Does your mommy have hair like yours?" Asad asked while compiling stats in his head, the frequency of redheaded individuals was severely low, if the kid was here, the mother should be too.

"Yeah. It wed." Tony replied nodding.

"We can go to security so they can make an announcement." Zoya said to Asad.

"Lets go find your mommy Tony." Asad smiled walking behind Zoya as Tony snuggled up to him.

"Awww." Zoya gushed looking at the two of them while stopping at the front desk. "Hi. We found him wandering around, he is looking for his mom. His name is Tony." Zoya said to the lady.

"And his mommy's name is Mommy." Asad whispered so only Zoya could hear causing Zoya to elbow him.

"Well then, let me just make an announcement and alert security." The lady said looking at the boy. "What's your mom's name hun?"

"Mommy!" Tony replied again causing Asad to snicker and the lady to glare at him.

"Of course." She said as she picked up the phone.

It was only minutes later that a petite lady with red hair bounded down the hallway, in tears. "TONY!" She yelled as the little boy reached over to her. "Baby, how many times have I told you to not run away." She said as she kissed his forehead and then turned to Asad and Zoya.

"Thank you so so much." She said.

"It's no problem." Zoya smiled.

"Bye Awad, Bye Oya!" Tony waved as he left with his mother.

"He is so adorable!" Zoya gushed.

"Yeah."

"You are good with kids." She said.

"With the amount of younger siblings I have and Anjali Di's kids, it is a given." Asad smiled as they walked back to the line.

"I guess."

"You seem good with children...considering you are an only child."

"I've always loved kids." Zoya exclaimed.

"How many do you want?"

"Two. One boy and one girl. What about you?"

"Let's see. Someone to play center, right wing, left wing, center midfield, left midfield, stopper, right defense, left defense, sweeper and goalie. So about 11." Asad said causing Zoya's eyes to go wide.

"What the hell?"

"A football team...soccer as you Americans call it." Asad said sounding very serious.

"You are kidding me." Zoya said. "I am not squeezing out 11 kids."

Asad fell into a fit of laughter at that causing everyone in line to look at them weirdly. "Your face..." he laughed. "I am just kidding. Two is more than enough, maybe three."

"You scared me for a minute." Zoya said slapping his arm.

"Two little kids. A girl exactly like you, maybe not as stubborn."

"And a boy like you, but not emotionally challenged." Zoya teased back.

"Exactly.

"What are we going to name them?"

"Asad and Zoya Junior?" Asad laughed.

"Seriously." Zoya said slapping him again.

"I've always like the name Armaan for a boy." He said.

"Armaan Ahmed Khan. Sounds good. How about Zara for a girl?"

"Perfect." Asad smiled pulling Zoya closer to him.

X-X-X

"Acha, you've already planned all that out, you aren't preggo or anything right?" Rehan teased.

"No." Zoya blushed realizing she'd said a bit too much.

"I never thought I'd see the Zoya Farooqui blush." Rehan teased. "You are turning into a total girl."

"Shut up RiRi."

"Rihanna isn't here." Rehan said sassily.

"How long did it take you to think of that retort?" Zoya laughed.

"Shut up." Rehan defended pulling up in front of the Farooqui mansion.

"Lets do this Clyde."

"Oh lord, can we not do the whole Bonnie and Clyde thing?" He groaned getting out of the car.

"You are so boring."

"I don't know how Asad puts up with you." He replied as Zoya punched in the code to open the door.

"Happily." Zoya retorted.

"I hope so."

"AAPI!" Zoya said walking into the living room with Rehan behind her and stopped dead in her track causing Rehan to walk right into her.

"What the -" Rehan started but stopped dead in his track when he noticed the people in the room. There were about 15 women sitting in the room along with Zeenat and Mrs Malik. They all looked up and smiled when they saw Zoya and Rehan.

"Oh look the happy couple is here." Mrs Malik said walking to a wide-eyed Zoya and Rehan. "Speak of the devils." She said kissing both their cheeks.

"Uh...Aapi, Khala...we need to talk to you. NOW." Zoya said snapping out of shock.

"Abhi nahi bacha, we were here discussing your engagement date. Come sit." Aapi said smiling.

"That's what we need to talk to you about-" Zoya said.

"Oh ho, inko toh sagai karne ki jaldi hogi!" A random aunty teased causing Aapi to laugh.

"Hum toh agle hafte karne ki soch rahe thai, bus Anwar apne business trip sai laut aaye." Aapi said completely ignoring Zoya who was poking her.

"Aapi we really need to talk to you." She whispered.

"Later." She said.

And on continued the conversation while Zoya and Rehan sat there, completely shocked, and giving each other the 'what the f**k' look.

Their engagement seemed to be the topic of the century. The ladies and aapi just wouldn't stop. Every time Rehan or Zoya tried to interrupt they'd be shushed or ignored. It was about an hour later when the ladies left leaving Rehan's mom and Aapi behind.

"Mom, can I talk to you?" Rehan said leading Mrs Malik away towards the kitchen after nodding at Zoya.

"We are not getting married." Zoya said as soon as Zeenat closed the door behind the last of the women.

"Of course you are-" She said standing by the couch.

"AAPI. Did you even bother to ask us what we wanted?" Zoya asked moving to stand in front of her.

"What was there to ask? It's so obvious -"

"IT ISN'T. We don't see each other in that way. We can't get married." Zoya said.

"Ya Allah. What's wrong with you? You two at perfect for each other, we all knew this would happen one day."

"No Aapi. You wished it would but it is not like that. It won't ever be."

"You are just acting out Zoya, this is what's good for you."

"I can decide what's good for me Aapi, I am not a little kid, I don't need you to make my decisions for me."

"Of course, hum hotai hi kaun hai tumhare liye faisle laina ke liye? Hum tumhare abbu-ammi joh nahi hai."

"Aapi, you know I didn't mean-"

"Nahi nahi. Mein tumhari maa nahi hoon isiliye...but I just want what's best for you and this is..."

"Aapi, I can't. I lo-"

"Zoya, I've never asked you for anything, but I am asking you to listen to me this time...this is what is right for you. You'll see it one day."

"But Aapi. I don't love Rehan."

"You do."

"As a friend, nothing more than that. I love Asad Aapi." Zoya said.

"Y-you can't." Zeenat said falling back onto the couch.

"I do. I love him Aapi. A lot."

"He's not right for you."

"He is."

"I don't want you to live that life, not knowing if he is coming back home alive everyday...disappearing for months."

"He quit."

"He can always go back, your jiju quit once too, but he went back. They can't help it." She said.

"Aapi, he quit for me. To be with me. He wouldn't be allowed to keep in touch with me if he didn't." Zoya explained sitting beside her.

"And what if he starts resenting you for it? What are you going to do then?"

"H-he won't."

"You don't know that." She pointed out hitting a nerve, Zoya had spent a whole week thinking about that back in India.

"He loves me Aapi." She said affirmatively, she told him to trust her, and trust was a two way street.

"He might. But life needs more than love Zoya. You won't work out in the long run."

"We will. I believe in us."

"Zoya, Rehan will keep you much happier than Asad will."

"He can't. I love Asad Aapi. And I won't marry anyone but him."

"And if I don't agree?"

"I won't get married."

"You'll leave him?"

"I never said that. I just said I won't get married if I don't have your blessing." Zoya shrugged.

"And if I force you to marry Rehan?"

"I won't ruin three lives because you are stubborn."

"I don't like this. We've already told so many people." Zeenat said holding her head between her hands.

"You should have asked us before you said anything."

"You wouldn't even pick up my phone."

"For good reason, you lied to me."

"We had our reasons."

"You promised not to hide anything from me."

"I-I am sorry. Anwar...he told me to tell you but I didn't want you to live in that fear."

"I am not a little girl Aapi, I can handle things like that."

"I still see the little four year old Zoya who clung to me crying."

"I've grown up Aapi, I can think for myself now."

"It's hard for me to grasp that, you'll always be my little girl." She said.

"The sooner you grasp that the better."

"I guess...Ya Allah, I've told so many people." Aapi groaned. "What are they going to say?"

"Doesn't matter to me, and it shouldn't matter to you. They don't dictate my life."

"And you are sure about Asad?"

"Yes."

"But Rehan..."

"Aapi. Stop. We don't like each other, he is like a brother to me."

"Theek hai."

"So you are fine with Asad and me?" Zoya asked happily.

"Maine yeh kab kaha?"

"But Aapi, he's a nice guy."

"I'll be the judge of that. Bring him over for dinner Sunday night, your jiju will be back by then."

"Okay."

"Now, there is biryani in the kitchen..."

"REALLY?!" Zoya said bolting towards the kitchen before Aapi could even move, she was greeted by a sullen Mrs Malik and a smiling Rehan, who gave her a thumbs up as he ate. "REHAN! YOU PIG! You ate all the biryani!" Zoya screamed looking at the bowl.

"I did it for you, so you don't get fatter, Fatty!" He retorted.

"I am going to kill you!" Zoya said charging towards him, Rehan sprang up and ran out the back door into the back yard with Zoya following close behind.

"Maybe they are right...yeh dono saath reh hi nahi sakte." Zeenat said to Mrs Malik who nodded, albeit sadly.

X-X-X

"Okay, so what do you think?" Khushi said looking at Arnav as they went over the designs.

"I think we could do that. It is a great idea actually, totally unique. A bridal collection for the bride and the bridal party." Arnav said nodding.

"Great. So I was thinking we could have two separate collections though, so the bridal stuff is together. I have another idea."

"Keep them coming." Arnav said.

"Since Indian weddings have so many functions, why don't we put together the lines with the rituals in mind. Start with an engagement outfits and do everything in between to the wedding and then the reception. I've noticed that women have the hardest time coordinating their outfits. So we put together like 5-6 different options, we could name each option according to the bride, put the risqu ones together and the traditional ones together and then give the option to mix and match?" Khushi trailed off nervously as Arnav looked at her wide eyed.

"You are a genius. You know that right?" He asked causing her to blush.

"You really think so?"

"I know so." Arnav smiled pecking her lips.

"Another thing. Are we still keeping...uh, this..." She said pointing between the two of them. "a secret?"

"If you want to."

"I just don't people to think that I only got this opportunity because of you..."

"Trust me, no one is going to think that when they see the line."

"Still..." Khushi said.

"Okay." Arnav nodded, albeit a bit hurt. For reasons unknown to him, he shouldn't be, he understood that this would help. But he wanted to stand on the rooftops and yell that she was his...but he couldn't.

"Do you like this one? I was thinking it could be an engagement dress in a beige with red trimmings?"

"It should definitely be in the line."

"Okay."

"What about this one? It is flawless." He said pointing to another drawing with intricate  embroidery shown in the drawing itself, it was the perfect anarkali type bridal dress.

"No." Khushi said.

"Why?"

"It is Zoya's wedding dress." She smiled causing Arnav to smile.

"Do you have yours designed?"

"Why?" Khushi asked.

"I just feel like we'd be the first to get married looking at how slow Asad is." He laughed.

"I don't."

"Why?"

"I've drawn some, but after looking at them a few times I think they just aren't right for me. There is one I really like though..."

"Can I see it?"

"NO! It's bad omen."

"You believe in that crap?"

"Of course. You obviously don't."

"Nope."

"Oh, Bua's going to love you even more when she finds out you are an atheist." Khushi murmured sarcastically.

"What?" Arnav asked.

"Nothing! Now think of a name for the line!"

"Khushi by Khushi?" Arnav suggested.

"You are so cute." Khushi laughed.

"You can't say that when we are in front of my employees. I have an image to protect."

"Anjali Di told me you scare them into oblivion by staring at them rudely." Khushi laughed.

"Efficiency has gone up by 200% since I started scaring them. I am rather mean in that setting."

"And egoistic." Khushi pointed out.

"Always. I am the Arnav Singh Raizada."

"You can be a bit more modest." Khushi laughed as the elevator doors dinged and Zoya walked in.

"HELLLO!" Zoya said walking into the house.

"How'd it go?" Asad asked running into the hallways as soon as he heard the ding.

"I am getting married to Rehan." Zoya said sadly.

"WHAT? NO! TAKE ME TO YOUR AAPI'S HOUSE RIGHT NOW!" Asad said walking towards the door.

"WOAH! Hold your horses, I was kidding. Of course we are not getting married. You are coming to dinner with me to see them on Sunday." Zoya said hugging him. "Now calm down."

"That was cruel."

"I know. I am sorry."

"You better be Miss Farooqui." He said pecking her lips softly.

"Mhmmm." Zoya smiled pulling him back to her and kissing him.

"Hey guys! We're still here..." Khushi laughed causing them to move apart blushing.

"What are you up to?" Zoya asked.

"Work. We're trying to think of a name for the line." Arnav said.

"Yes and so far the great Arnav Singh Raizada has come up with Khushi by Khushi." Khushi said rolling her eyes.

"Original." Asad said plopping on the couch with Zoya beside him.

"Show me the finalized designs." Zoya said as Khushi passed her the binder.

"We were thinking of doing two lines, the bridal one and one for the bridal party."

"Describe the line to me in three words. Both of you." Zoya said looking to Khushi and Arnav.

"Sexy, Modern and Edgy." Khushi said.

"Uh...Bridal, Red and Hot?" Arnav said.

"You should just resign right now Raizada." Zoya rolled her eyes.

"You think of a name then." Arnav said.

"How about "Nympha"? It means bride in Latin and nymphs are the symbol of un-resistible sexy women." Zoya said.

"Nympha." Khushi said.

"That actually really good." Arnav said nodding.

"Yeah, and then you can add "Nympha - The Modern Bride" for the bridal collection and just "Nympha" for the overall." Zoya said.

"Holy shit." Khushi said jumping across the room and hugging Zoya. "No wonder you are considered to be one of the smartest women of the 21st century!" She said kissing Zoya on the cheek.

"I'll call Aman." Arnav said picking up his phone.

Chapter 30: Page 42

Edited by astonm - 10 years ago
daydream. thumbnail

OH YEAH, FARI'S FIRST! WOOHOO! 🥳 PARTY TIME! 

Anyways, that was a great update! 👍🏼
Aapi kinda made me want to bang my head against the wall. 😆
I hope AsYa can get married and everything.
I LOVED the name for Khushi's fashion line! 😳 Zoya the genius FOREVER! 😆
That was awesome, continue really really soon, okay? ❤️

-Fari 😳 ❤️

PS. My most fave part was that part with Tony, the little kid! 😳 SO CUTE!
Edited by -LiveLoveLaugh- - 10 years ago
-RM- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Loved it as always ❤️

Continue soon :-)Edited by Asya-Rm - 10 years ago
AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
love the name of kushis new line
fab update
drunkiiebabe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome update
loved it
loved the name 
-Pyaar- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
YAYAYAYYAYAAY!! An early update!! Im mrga super duper mega shmega happy!! Thanks!!
lover1998 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Aww that was soo cute, OMG love the name Zoya came up with for Khushi's collection. 

"REHAN! YOU PIG! You ate all the biryani!" Zoya screamed looking at the bowl. - loll that was halarious

"I am getting married to Rehan." Zoya said sadly.

"WHAT? NO! TAKE ME TO YOUR AAPI'S HOUSE RIGHT NOW!" Asad said walking towards the door. 

- OMG I DIED A LITTLE RIGHT HERE, Asad is so sweet adn cuteee

"Uh...Bridal, Red and Hot?" Arnav said.

"You should just resign right now Raizada." Zoya rolled her eyes. - OMG LOLL i love how Zoya and Arnav are so cloosee 

Anyway, Great update.

Edited by lover1998 - 10 years ago
rutu83 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
aww i love the friendship bw zoya and rehaan- it's a wonderful version of bromance..😆
Gudduluvs thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wow..awrsim ipdate...luvd it...thnks...