Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
sohara and Anita

If I knew ,I would be sending him messages as a crazy person...if some one knows the solution of this problem... PLZ do share as I am getting tired...It takes more than expected time to down load a post..😑

Arshi
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
For all Blasters esp Durgey

Twilight at Jomtein beach, Pattaya 

Me with BarunπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

..Anita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sohara

Yup Arshi, really annoying.
But right now I'm so busy that even can't find time to complain.
 By the way to whom I suppose to complain? 

I am thinking vijay. But not sure
..Anita.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

sohara and Anita

If I knew ,I would be sending him messages as a crazy person...if some one knows the solution of this problem... PLZ do share as I am getting tired...It takes more than expected time to down load a post..😑

Arshi

I am to assume vijay...most people talk to him for stuff...but I am not entirely sure
..Anita.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: wiwy

Me with BarunπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Well I am getting a little jealousπŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

arshi, for that in pink, taaliyan, πŸ‘...

there is no culture on the face of this beleaguered planet that has not done crazy things to women. or so i think. why? some reasons seem clear, the others i have no idea of.

about women being women's worst enemy... up to a point. it is men who put us in our corrals, and then clutches of women, having seen the results of protesting perhaps, decide to give in and become "guards" of this way. simplistic, my picture is... but i know you'll add in the complex, deeper tones. 

No I have a same tone yet experience screams different...For me THIS IS ALL A GAME FOR POWER...and it just satisfies em so be it but women also are contributing in it...it's undeniable..

generations go by and everyone stops questioning.

in fact where i come from, this is even portrayed as wonderful for us girls. till one day something terrible happens, or you read of roop kanwar (beyond terrible that) an 18 year old in rajasthan, or something... or you see your beautiful grandmother giving away all her sarees with a dash of colour in them and wearing a pure white than (saree) because she's just lost her husband, all jewellery gone from her body, never to eat fish which she loves again... at some point you start asking, why.

and where it leads you is not a good place. Read it and yet it's not pleasant at all..you are forgetting the worse...shaving hair and joining the league of women of same traits ...Ashram

i don't wish to blame gender a or b beyond a point. what has happened has happened. but this is my world too. i am here. what i choose to do matters. or so i would like to believe. a bit of empirical, initial thinking regarding humans, men and women, needs to be done again i feel at times... i try to in my own way... will it make a huge diff? no, certainly not... but at least i did what i thought i should... guess i'll just leave it at that.
It's not a blame game ,it's analyzing facts and raising a question WHY? Why on earth is is being pictured through our media and gripping roots in our culture...very deep

the conditioning is so deep, sometimes i too will repeat meaningless things without realising... but try i will. maybe because of nothing else, just the most fantastic set of parents, who never ever thought a girl was less...

i do believe if mass media continues to show women the way they do, especially on indian tv (which has a humongous impact as it is watched widely and constantly across india and the subcontinent even)... it will only harm girls more. not only in terms of rape and other heinous things... but even in the everyday, the day to day doing of life... that is where this discrimination, this making use of a whole gender, this shutting her up with talk of tradition and "achhi" hurts all the time. 

That is the point...what is the definition of ACHI...a person [forget gender] who can dance on other's tunes since from her childhood without having her own individuality as a human...

in the west, if i am not way off the mark, the film makers of the fifties or was it the forties, went into the whole achhi buri fiasco re women and there were complex women characters portrayed who fit neither category, they were real, though sometimes not so "good" and the viewer felt empathy.

in our films too we've had more progressive stories and portrayals of women... khamoshi comes to mind instantly. but the main issue here i suppose is most movies are really about the male character... he is the protagonist... she a mere support. once this idea is fixed... her character and its nuances autiomatically mean less and have less impact. when i look at khushi this is the sadness i feel. she strated out with so much possibility... and trust me, she could have gone all the way to being a tycoon, if she so desired, but what they did to her... barun himself has once said in barun sort of words that it happens in most stories... the man in the main guy.. not fair, but that's how it is.

i was just looking up "the three faces of eve" a movie my mother used to speak of and like (i think there is movie with nargis in the lead which is the hindi remake, i am pretty sure actually, the name escapes me). wiki tells me,

"
The Three Faces of Eve also became the first film to win the Best Actress award without getting nominated in another category, and the last for nearly 31 years until Jodie Foster won the award for The Accused the film's sole nomination."

seems the west equally denies a place to the girl in a narrative. but my heart doesn't yearn to be given a higher status than men, just an understanding of us as people... with all the desires, proclivities, drawbacks, everything that makes us human.  

I don't know why it comes to the table that we want to show the superiority over men...My point is just listen and considerate us as a human being ...see and feel our presence...we are not toys...

i thank the west though for the whole women's lib movement, however controversial some things in it. somewhere i do believe i am here today because they were there at some point.

sorry i go on. but really, someone should write about the two from that marriage onward... we might find a real khushi who is as beautiful, flawed, strong, undeniable, human as asr.

sorry achhi bahu, me no wanna be you. there is a reason many of us identify with your laad gov, it's not because we want to be a man, it's because he feels real. he is both man, alpha male, and utterly human beyond just gender specifics. i hope some day you too can be seen as a person and not just a girl in a world made by men.
me and achi bahu or wife...πŸ˜†...YES I am a achi mother and that I care 
and have to add, when i read sohara, anita, soni's thoughts, i feel a sense of we are going to get there surely some day. i feel proud... yes, ladies, keep them brackets and the my sexy boys and the visuals and defiance and big heart and feelings coming.

I love them and REALLY WISH THE BEST FOR THEM...😊

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: wiwy

Me with BarunπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

NICE WIWY...SO SO JEALOUS OF YOU...
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
BLASTERS 

GOOD NIGHT,IT'S 1a:m   AND I NEED some sleep...Alarm will be up at 4:30...

Milte hain ek break ke baad...Until 2morrow

^ Sweet dreams, Arshi!

wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sohara

The top pic reminded me the valley of Switzerland. I went there with my parents when i was a little kid.
Never been in Goa. after seeing this pics feeling a urge to visit there.
Enjoy your moment

Its a charming place! A mix of cultures! It touches you so!
Issk, I remember seeing the Tulsi plant in the front porch of every little house we passed through, along with the Christian cross! Did you notice that!
 Goa has lovely memories. I celebrated my son's third birthday there.