Sultan's character strength...

deactivated1 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
... is awe-inspiring.

First, I'd like to point out that the writers behind his character are clever as well as immensely talented for weaving such a powerful persona. From his dialogue to his past, Sultan is a complex character with a radiant strength and it showed in last night's episode.

Not only was every dialogue meticilously stitched, Sultan delivered it with utter conviction, coated in both power and passion. I loved how he asked Madhu not to interfere with utmost respect, because this wasn't about her. It was about his mother. It was about asserting her place as Kundra's first wife; the one that he betrayed and abandoned. It was a son standing up for his mother, because she couldn't stand up for herself.

Sultan's expressions were a complicated web of emotions in every frame. I saw anger, hatred, pain, vulnerability, passion, and a plea for understanding. Even when RK refused to acknowledge the truth and locked heads with him -- even then, Sultan attempted to explain to his little brother and make RK understand in his own dignified way.

It wasn't about revenge. It was about right. It was about birthright.

Something that is most striking about Sultan's character is not just his strength and dignified nature and respect for women [which he clearly showcased in the way he lowered and softened his voice when he spoke to Madhu], it is how he can look so furious and at the same time display absolute vulnerability. When he shattered his father's portrait, there were tears in his eyes. They didn't spill, but it was enough to drive an arrow through my heart.

This man is internally broken over what his father did to his mother. This man is hurt.

The momentary eye-lock between Sultan and Madhu when he told her that he had found his biological mother -- that eye-lock said more than any words ever could have. I don't understand the bond or connection between the two of them yet, but I'm loving the chemistry and depth that their silent understanding seems to bring out.

Fantastic.

Furthermore, the relationship between Sultan and Meera breaks my heart. I'm dying for another mother-son moment. They're unique, deep, broken, and darn sweet.

I will also have to commend the actor for his flawless performance. For showing a complexity of emotions with only his expressions, his voice modulation, and his delivery of dialogues. His body language is both powerful and dignified.

Absolutely mind-blowing performance. I'm hooked. And I think that I'll start watching the show again. It's finally getting interesting for me.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lucky1123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Excellent understanding for  the character Sultan not every body gets him when you get know him you will really like him
.Mohabbatein. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
why does sultan eyes madhu? He knew that madhu loves RK still he kept on eyeing madhu? interfering in RishBala matters? A gangster who kills people make wives widow has respect for women how? isn't he the one for whom a wife loosed their husbands?

one day he remembers his wife the very next day he falls for madhu? even after knowing madhu loves RK ðŸ˜³ he tells madhu I'm ur friend then after visiting dargah he falls for her.!! wow ðŸ˜µ
deactivated1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: genger

Excellent understanding for  the character Sultan not every body gets him when you get know him you will really like him

I agree. His character has come a long way. He's different now than he was in the start when he was introduced. There's a strength about him now. Righteous anger and a dignified calmness at the same time -- there's also vulnerability and pain. It shows in his eyes, in his expressions, and even in his voice.

I'm starting to really enjoy watching him perform. There's so much to analyse, to interpret, to absorb. It's quite awesome.

His chemistry with people around him is pretty darn amazing too.
deactivated1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Rasmi24-

why does sultan eyes madhu? He knew that madhu loves RK still he kept on eyeing madhu? interfering in RishBala matters? A gangster who kills people make wives widow has respect for women how? isn't he the one for whom a wife loosed their husbands?

one day he remembers his wife the very next day he falls for madhu? even after knowing madhu loves RK ðŸ˜³ he tells madhu I'm ur friend then after visiting dargah he falls for her.!! wow ðŸ˜µ

Perhaps the writers were trying to figure out his character. But now his character is finally coming together, progressing.

Addition to the abovementioned: His life as a gangster might've had him blinded to the consequenes of his actions, but I do believe that a man with a conscience and remorse can redeem himself and a brilliant example is Dutta Sriram Patil in Laagi Tujhse Lagan -- maybe it is yet to come. I'm curious to see where the story will take him.

And as for eying Madhu -- I don't see it the way you do. There's a respect between them and an understanding.
Edited by Elysia - 10 years ago
Dolly-heart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thank you for a great awe-inspiring post.
Seeing Sultan the way you saw was very touching and absolutely correct.
Many do not like him and come up with many derogatory  comments on him.
As a new character in this show he has raised the level ten folds instead of just barking dialogues  Sultan delivers them with subtle nuances.
He is the reason even I came back to watching this show.
His emoting with his mother Meeraji is truly fantastic.
.Mohabbatein. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Elysia

Perhaps the writers were trying to figure out his character. But now his character is finally coming together, progressing.

And as for eying Madhu -- I don't see it the way you do. There's a respect between them and an understanding.

the writer themselves dunno what to do with sultan character ðŸ˜†

don't tell me he didn't eyed madhu.. we know that very well!! dreaming about her, ðŸ¥± 

then he  shouldn't have  cross the line & interfere in RishBala matters like he did earlier.. just b'coz paddy will tell him & he will go n try to stop wedding wow..!! if I tell u stop this person wedding will u go & stop dat person wedding just b'coz I don't like dat person..
deactivated1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Rasmi24-

the writer themselves dunno what to do with sultan character ðŸ˜†

don't tell me he didn't eyed madhu.. we know that very well!! dreaming about her, ðŸ¥± 

then he  shouldn't have  cross the line & interfere in RishBala matters like he did earlier.. just b'coz paddy will tell him & he will go n try to stop wedding wow..!! if I tell u stop this person wedding will u go & stop dat person wedding just b'coz I don't like dat person..

For any writer, it takes an amount of time to know his character and understand his purpose with it. That's part of the process of writing.

Dreams aren't forbidden. We're human, after all. If we have feelings for someone, it's difficult to deal with them when you realise that you can't act upon them. And Sultan has changed since he came to know Madhu. Perhaps because of Madhu.
deactivated1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jugliji

Thank you for a great awe-inspiring post.

Seeing Sultan the way you saw was very touching and absolutely correct.
Many do not like him and come up with many derogatory  comments on him.
As a new character in this show he has raised the level ten folds instead of just barking dialogues  Sultan delivers them with subtle nuances.
He is the reason even I came back to watching this show.
His emoting with his mother Meeraji is truly fantastic.

Indeed. I returned to the show when I saw the scene between Sultan and Meera in which she tells him that she can see pain in his eyes, and then sings to him. I believe the writers are doing a wonderful job with his character writing.
paljay thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Very good Post, You said it so nicely  that I have nothing more to include,
I am also watching the show for Sultan.

Do not get dishearten by bashing posts, they always do that, I liked your answer too. Very mature post.