Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
what can I say abt this remarkable young man other than to say.

when he cries make u cry with him and when he smile or laugh he make u do both along with him.

he is what I have not see on TV in a freaking long time and I am so glad AR took this fantastic and outstanding Character up.

for me I no longer see love in his eyes for Madhu anymore and if people choose to see what is not there then that is their wish.

he did not come there to have an eyelock with Madhu but to let those in that house know the did of the man they r worshipping.

TM ur every words is super awesome and I agree with u...well done and very well said too.
bidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Angel

what can I say abt this remarkable young man other than to say.

when he cries make u cry with him and when he smile or laugh he make u do both along with him.

he is what I have not see on TV in a freaking long time and I am so glad AR took this fantastic and outstanding Character up.

for me I no longer see love in his eyes for Madhu anymore and if people choose to see what is not there then that is their wish.

he did not come there to have an eyelock with Madhu but to let those in that house know the did of the man they r worshipping.

TM ur every words is super awesome and I agree with u...well done and very well said too.

Angel,
Love doesn't go away suddenly. He probably still loves her. But he also understands that the love is unrequited. So he will not act upon it. 

Yes, he came here for his mom, not to romance Madhu for sure😊 uska koi scope nahin hai abhi😊
bidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
you wrote on IPK forum??? when?? How come I never even read even one post of yours??? you analyzed Arnav??? My fav character on television till date. 
anyways, I am glad I saw this. Sultan is my current favorite character on television
😊
deactivated1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mozart66

@Bold: BANG ON!!! That's exactly what I wanted to say!!! Sultan doesn't know too many emotions and certainly does not know how to express them openly to the people around him. But he would NEVER EVER abandon his own child, his duties and his sense of justice.

Definitely. And it's part of his journey. Learning to understand his emotions and, at some point, expressing them. He has already started to with his mother -- the tears that he shed in her present, they took a lot out of him, but at the same time they relieved him. It was as if he could finally shed a tiny part of his burden.

His emotions in relation to Madhu run deep, but he has contained them in such a beautiful and dignified manner. To him, as much as he loves her, there are other and more important relationships than unrequited love -- there is his mother and his son who both need him. And he won't abandon them.

@shreya.26biswas, nlm4, mehurocks, MelissaSofia: Thank you, sweets πŸ˜³

deactivated1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bidz

You're one talented writer. I love the way you write😊

and yes, they have developed Sultan's character beautifully. And yeah, the bond between Madhu and Sultan is what pulled me towards them. And I am glad that even after the wedding, the CVs have kept that bond intact. 

As for Sultan falling for madhu, well, I can only say "pyar kiya nahin jaata hai, ho jaata hai". He fell in love when he thought that RK didn't mean anything to her anymore, for she had herself told him that he now meant nothing to her...

Yes, if he had acted upon his feelings in spite of knowing about Madhu's feelings for RK, I would have regretted that. But once he understood his place in her life, he backed off. As he should. But the bond remains...That is what I love about the two of them...

Thank you πŸ˜³ 

Their bond is quite sweet and innocent and deep. I thouroughly enjoy it.

Yes, I used to write in the IPK forum for a while. Mainly, an analysis on Arnav and his sister as well. They were my favourite characters on the show.

@.Angel: Thank you πŸ˜³ And you're right. Sultan came for his mother. Not for Madhu. In fact, he didn't even speak to her until she spoke to him. I loved that.
deactivated1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anu-Reddy

What can I say about your post...awesome πŸ‘.
You had to remind me of Dutta . Sultan is so much like him and I guess his past is even more sad than Dutta's was. I loved and loved Dutta's character and same with Sultan. The more i watch him, the more I love him. He is just one amazing character and understanding him is not everyone's cup of tea. No wonder there are so many bashing him around, but I guess thats the uniqueness of his character , which needs deep understanding to see what he really is.

That tear took my heart away too. I was just bowled over by him yet again in that one scene. He was just par brilliant and an amazing actor. Thoroughly enjoyed his journey in this show and looking forward for more of him. I just cant get enough of his story.

The writers need a πŸ‘ for penning down such an intriguing character.

Thanks once again for such an indepth analysis of the man.

Anu, we'll most likely never forget Dutta πŸ˜³ I miss him even more when I see Sultan in his black kurta and a shattered look in his eyes. The writers are doing the most amazing job with his character and I hope they continue. The actor, needless to say, has breathed life into Sultan in a complete effortless manner.
deactivated1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mocking_bird

Loved your post. Yes,it is true that his is a complex character. But,the beauty lies in its complexity. The focus has finally shifted to him and we are getting to know him at a deeper level. Bringing in his mentally unstable mother also showed another facet to his character and a new relationship has developed and maintained in a beautiful way. He has excelled as a father,a son,a friend. Even though his patience has been tested in so many different ways by so many undeserving people,still his inherently good character remains intact. I still hope that his sense of judgement will stand by him and he will not flounder in judging Madhu after today's cheap tricks that are brewing in some one's mind.

You're so right. Sultan is one of the most patient male characters that I have ever seen. He carries himself with an almost profound elegance. Masculine, but at the same time extremely vulnerable. There's strength in him that balances the anger, soothes it. He never crosses the line. And his awareness of people around him is so damn awesome. His concern for people overshadows his personal emotions. That is a character who can never turn black. It's not in his nature to be utterly selfish.

For instance, he was the first one to react to the fact that the metal bar RK tossed could hit Madhu. And he caught it. That was a wonderful moment.
practicecalm thumbnail
Brilliant post love πŸ‘πŸΌ

You summed up Sultan's character absolutely perfect. I wonder if those against the character or AR or even the CV's have the gumption or knowledge to understand character delineation. It is all about their demigod and all others are scum for them, including CVs and the channel or VIACOM 18

Edited by practicecalm - 10 years ago
BreezillusionS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Ely ,

WOW!! What a read! I can't recall any post about sultan that nearly put me into a speechless through the last few pages , but this one really did.  i have always loved reading your post in DSDSB forum ,firstly! I'm glad to see you here as well.  And, I hope to see you around  here more often , welcome. πŸ˜³πŸ€—

You write so eloquently.. AR is absolutely terrific, he shows fury, passion, pride with such utter conviction that you crave to see more of him onscreen.  He's got a strong, tough, gritty voice that just says 'Sultan'. He easily conveys the tension and drama with his deep voice and his plus point, his mesmerized green/blue eyes! Not very sure of the color.πŸ˜† β˜ΊοΈ  

I read and watch crime thrillers and espionage all the time but this drama, from his character as a gangster, make known Sultan unfolds his story  slowly is in a class of its own. I don't understand some of reviewers comment that it was slow paced . I felt like the pace realistically reflected how the story would change as new twist became believable and intriguing.  I thought the writing was crisp with few extraneous details to bog the story down. Sultan is a character  I hope to see a lot more of. But more than that, the  current story was extremely well crafted and completely plausible. You didn't even see some of the details coming as it was all as subtle as real life. 

As  cliche as it might sound, Subala or Sultan, picture abhi baaki hai mere dost! πŸ˜‰

Edited by LuxXxiousArtz - 10 years ago
deactivated1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LuxXxiousArtz

@Ely ,

WOW!! What a read! I can't recall any post about sultan that nearly put me into a speechless through the last few pages , but this one really did.  i have always loved reading your post in DSDSB forum ,firstly! I'm glad to see you here as well.  And, I hope to see you around  here more often , welcome. πŸ˜³πŸ€—

You write so eloquently.. AR is absolutely terrific, he shows fury, passion, pride with such utter conviction that you crave to see more of him onscreen.  He's got a strong, tough, gritty voice that just says 'Sultan'. He easily conveys the tension and drama with his deep voice and his plus point, his mesmerized green/blue eyes! Not very sure of the color.πŸ˜† β˜ΊοΈ  

I read and watch crime thrillers and espionage all the time but this drama, from his character as a gangster, make known Sultan unfolds his story  slowly is in a class of its own. I don't understand some of reviewers comment that it was slow paced . I felt like the pace realistically reflected how the story would change as new twist became believable and intriguing.  I thought the writing was crisp with few extraneous details to bog the story down. Sultan is a character  I hope to see a lot more of. But more than that, the  current story was extremely well crafted and completely plausible. You didn't even see some of the details coming as it was all as subtle as real life. 

As  cliche as it might sound, Subala or Sultan, picture abhi baaki hai mere dost! πŸ˜‰

Thank you, Lux πŸ˜³

I must agree with you wholeheartedly. Sultan is an intriguing character. And I just finished watching tonight's episode. Dear God. Did you see those huge tears in his eyes as he put his head in his mother's lap? What a heartbreaking scene.

Especially the pain in his eyes as he said that they didn't believe him, that they'd accused him of lying. I wanted to hug him and tell him that I believe him. The utter vulnerability overpowered him in that instant, overpowered his anger. He gives himself entirely to his mother, seeking comfort and calm. Beautiful.

Something else I loved was how he trusted Madhu on the phone. You could see in his expression that he would do anything that she asked of him -- including speaking to RK, in spite of how he was humiliated by him.

That kind of trust is going to break him once he is deceived by RK. I feel so bad for him already. But it shows how he doesn't think in schemes and calculations. He trusts and believes in people, and he agrees to this one meeting because it's a request from Madhu and because it's about his mother.

Furthermore, I absolutely love how Madhu calls him and speaks to him with a kind of right, as if she feels that she owns some part of him and knows that he'll do whatever she asks of him. There's a comfort level there. Love it.