MERI JAAN: MERA NOKIA 6600/18/148/21jun/new thread

smj1977.shruti thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
MERI JAAN: MERA NOKIA 6600
short story
part 1

4th May 2006

She was feeling lost.

But is being lost, a solution? No, it was not.

And my good for nothing friend is just being useless at present.

"Are you listening?"

I turned to look in her direction; I have not heard a single word.

"I knew it, what am I? An idiot or something like that"

I could not understand why she was nagging, it is me who has lost my mobile and she is behaving as if I have intentionally thrown her mobile phone.

"Now, just get up and we are going to the police station to lodge an FIR"

I did not feel like going anywhere, I just wanted to sit and meditate as to how and when I dropped my jaan, my cell phone.

"You have that IMEI number, they will want it"

Yes may be then my jaan could be tracked back to me.

"Now a day's it's easy to find the phones if you have the IMEI number, they even track back the phone however far off it may be taken"

But will I get it back as I have lost it, before I get it how many people would have used t, how many people would have touched its screen, how many people would have looked in to my video library and documents file.

"Fast you lazy ass, come"

I followed her silently; after all I needed to have the FIR copy, if I wanted the same sim number.

The following events happened mechanically, the police did not ask much, they everyday got hundreds of such cases, the cop gave us the form and we filled and signed it, she asked for my email ID and told me not to come again, if they will find the mobile set, they will inform us.

So it was done.

Then we went to the service providers office, gave the FIR copy, he asked us to come back the next day and he assured I will get the same number.

Soon my mother gifted me a new cell phone a better one of course, but I did not feel any enthusiasm.

My lost set was my jaan, I had hundreds of photographs, many videos and quite many songs. My Nokia 6600 was my jaan. It was like a pet. It was my first mobile, and was with me since last 2 years. I feel empty without it.

4th May 2012

Years have passed since that day; today was the sixth lost anniversary of my jaan. The police could not track it back.

Since then I have changed many mobiles, but I felt no attachment with any of the sets. I now know that they are just usable items, not pets. I very frequently change my sets now.

When I got admission in the architecture college my brother gifted that set to me. At that time very few students had mobiles. I boosted my set and took a lot of pictures and videos with it. I never wrote contact numbers on the diary but directly fed them on my cell.

And with my mobile lost I have also lost those numbers. And among those numbers was the number of my first crush. The man I fell for, he was a final year student then, and I was like stupefied when I first met him and it was his aura that made me like architecture more.

2005-06

I still remember him, he had come to stay with our neighbors' as a paying guest, he was there for a 6 months training. I liked him and he too showed interest in me. I used to go to his place and ask him some stupid doubts and sometimes graphics and sometimes structures. He smiled at me and patiently solved them.

2nd May 2006

Once I went to his place, he was all alone, I sat there again blabbering

"chup bilkul chup"

I was shocked to hear his voice and what followed next almost paralyzed me.

He kept his index finger on my lips, and God it was heaven.

I stared blankly at him.

He slowly withdrew his finger

"I know why you come here so often"

I was embarrassed; I looked everywhere but at him

"You think you have fallen for me"

I did not know what to say

"I too think I have fallen for you"

If I was shocked earlier, I was dead now.

"But you see this is not the right time to think on these lines"

I could not utter a single word

"I don't believe in all this stuff, all I know is I like you and someday I may want to marry you"

Was he proposing me? Or was he confessing his feelings?

"Now is not the time, I am going back in two days, I know your house and someday I will come to ask your hand"

I just nodded, my cheeks were burning and I were feeling very shy

"Here take my number and my address and if you all ever change your house just inform me, I still don't have a mail ID I will tell you as soon as I get one"

I hurriedly fed the information in jaan.

"Now please go, before I do something unpardonable"

I nodded and moved to the door as I was about to close it, I turned back, his eyes were full of desire, I don't know what happened I ran to him and he hugged me. We were soon lost in the bliss of our very first kiss.

girls I have lost my mobile, so this idea popped in my mind... my life without my Nokia is lost...

can you guess the characters in the story๐Ÿ˜†?

SHRUTI๐Ÿ˜‰

part1 above

part 2 scroll down

part 3 page 7

part 4 page 8

PART 5

PART 6

PART 7

PART 8 PAGE 31

PART 9 PAGE 33

PART 10

part 11 

PART 12

PART 13

PART 14 Page 78

part 15

PART 16

PART 17

PART 18

Edited by smj1977.shruti - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smj1977.shruti thumbnail
Edited by smj1977.shruti - 11 years ago
Madhuri53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Congo shruti for new story
smj1977.shruti thumbnail

part 2

4th May 2012

My reverie was broken by the continuous ringing of my mobile phone, I looked at my Nokia E6 blankly, and then I realized that I was lost in my past, lost in that last meeting with him.

I did not pick up the phone, the display screen told me it was again my friend, and she would just go on and on, as too how stupid I was to mourn on my lost phone, she always told me I was mad paying tributes to the phone I would have otherwise discarded, but she did not know it was my jaan.

After he left, my father got transferred and I got admission in the girl's hostel. I never got a chance to re visit the quarter where we lived as it was too far from my hostel.  I once went to the police station to give them my new address so that they can inform me if they found my jaan. I also before leaving the city gave them my father's mobile number, in case they found my jaan.

My phone again rang and this time it was my brother, I picked up the phone.

"Hello Chutki, how are you?"

"Am OK bro" I said

"Liar, you are sad as today is the 6th anniversary"

"Bro, you know it was my jaan"

"I have some good news for you"

"What news Bro? Now don't tell me Maa has found one more prospective groom for me. Bro I am not interested in marriage"

"Relax my sweet little sis, relax. It's not about Maa"

"Then, this time it must be Papa"

"No, it's something else"

"You are again in a family way"

"CHUTKI!"

"OK, tell me"

"I got a phone call from the inspector"

"why?"

"They tracked your 6600"

"BRO! you are kidding?"

"No, little one, will I ever make joke of such a serious issue"

"I don't think you will"

"Then, and I went there and they gave me that mobile"

I was shocked, after 6 years they have finally found it

"Bro, I am coming, where are you at present?"

"On my way, I will be there in few minutes"

"I am waiting Bro, drive safely"

I was restless, after all these years I will finally have his number and address.

Will he recognize me?

What if his address and number are changed?

What if he had not searched for her?

What if he had married someone else?

I had so many questions in my mind while I waited for my Bro to come.

priya111111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
wow new story very nice please will u add me in ur list
Madhuri53 thumbnail
So again new story popped in your mind...and this time The Nokia Phone is the hero of the story...lol...

So geet lost her beloved jaan phone which her bro have gifted her and it had her crush's phone no & address which she now totally lost...now its six years and they dont have any contacts ...but he knows her house... he could have come to her house...

Let see what happens next

Cont soon
Madhuri53 thumbnail
Part 2 - so she changed her place, thats why he could not have contacted her...but he have her phone number, then...

Glad that she got her phone back and his no too

Will he recognise her..?
Is his address & no is same or changed..?
Has he not searched for her..?
Finally, is he still unmarried..?
Cont soon
๐Ÿ˜ƒ
DevilClan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
U know My phone is also my Darling cause due to it I can access to IF and read all sweet Maaneet stories. Its Nokia 5130 c and I had Bought it from my savings and my mom's contribution. i can't imagine what I will do if my Darling is lost. It had my precious Maaneet wallpapers and videos and bookmarks of some yet to be read stories. 
And about story, I can understand how the heroine would have felt when she lost her mobile and that too which contains Hero's No. and address. Its an awesome one.๐Ÿ˜Š

Mituag thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
I didnt read story but your title take me into the my old schools days hahhahahha nokia 6600 is the part of those days
priya111111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
so she got her phone back hope he remembers her till now first when i read meri jaan ok its another new concept but immediately after seeing nokia6600 literally i was laughing the title is so cute and geet  is sad as its jaan 6th anniversary