Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Arshidiehardfan

How beautifully you have described one of the best episodes of IPK... Reading everyone's descriptions gives so much pleasure... The diwali episode turned out to be so painful. It is the most hear-breaking episode.

Ok I would like to share my take on Arnav's reaction to the almost kiss & his complex nature.

Arnav never committed to La. He just planned a live-in relationship with her, just GF-BF. He has clarified her that she can never become his wife. He has openly told her that he doesn't care for her. He never gave her any false promises. He was falling in love with Khushi. He knows this but doesn't know himself how much he loves her.

Remember Arnav told Shyam (when nani was looking for a bride for ASR) that he would never give someone so much importance/love in his life that living without that person becomes impossible (sorry I don't remember the exact lines. But he said something like that). That's what he said to Anjali also that if such a person comes then he would keep her away.

So this almost kiss was a warning to his uncontrolled emotions. He feared that he is becoming weak that he may not be able to live without Khushi. He feared to love her to that extent, but already he has. So he thought to marry la to stop his growing feelings for Khushi.

He was angry & jealous that khushi got engaged & he decided to get engaged to la. He didn't say no to la as he realized he cant live without khushi. At one point, he realized he was acting selfish & using la to make khushi jealous. He wanted to redeem his selfish acts & hence he broke up with la.  He realized he cant live without khushi only after the ambulance incident.

This is my view upon Arnav's complex personality. Once again wonderful description dr' Keep up the good work' 

thanks so much, arshidiehardfan,

the diwali episodes were really something else. this time i realised that mire than ever before.

enjoyed reading your take. absolutely as you say. in pink bold... uncontrollable. that's they key word i felt in understanding asr's violent reaction. that loss of control hit him really hard. he couldn't take it. one thing to maybe start feeling things you hadn't bargained on feeling, another to not be master of your response. looking at her, standing there, beautiful, radiant, alluring, he just stopped thinking and went for a piece of heaven without volition. freaked him out that did.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: viv04

I am sort of words to comment, but just to let you know that I enjoyed reading indi, BarunDiwani and Arshihamesha's beautiful analysis of epi 112-113.
I am just thinking of the red saree dominant in every frame. By the end of the evening, it's speaking a different language, of a bleeding heart, of a budding rose crushed, and of an underlying fire of hope never to cease. How these episodes have covered the entire spectrum of positive and negative emotions associated with the color red. What a night and the lady in red!

hi viv,

thanks for reading and liking. and ooo i like that what you say in red. that red saree... never thought of it, yes yes that must have been the significance of it somewhere somewhere. how happy she was when she saw it, and where it took her.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Msserialfan123

What an awesome write up, Indi! I've been reading your posts regularly but you've excelled yourself at the Diwali episodes and after. Those were momentuous times, full of roiling emotions, lot of spoken and unspoken conversations, parallel conversations, hidden conversations, the gamut of expressions scaling ecstacy and total abject misery..! Oh heady days for IPK indeed!
You've found words for each of those expressions, hats of to you! Loved reading all your posts, now that you've updated your index, Thanks again!

hi msserialfan,

thank you so so much, your words mean a lot. i do see your likes on my posts often... thanks always for reading. the diwali episodes were just terrific, and so dense with stuff, guess the writing had to try and capture that. that thing you say about the layers of conversations... lovely.  the hidden ones were really beautiful, weren't they. see you soon. hope the reading remains enjoyable.

indi52 thumbnail
just wonderful.
 you made me spell bound again.
these two episode are so important and so intense as well. Arnav's hasty decision to marry La not only khushi but affected so many lives.your cognitive analysis said it all.
Khushi's pain was too much. first she got rejection from Arnav then buaji's tirade, forced her to marry a guy whom she doesn't love.
this diwali is too painful for her.An orphan girl who forgot her sorrow and tried to find happiness every small thing, has completely mortified today.I wish if Arnav would witnessed the scene in GH, how Buaji forced her to marry Shyam!
All the bold lines are awesome.
You will see my comments everywhere.

sohara, hi

thanks so much. loved your comments. your sexy boy made quite a mess alas. if only he hadn't felt that loss of control, but then we wouldn't have had these spectacular episodes and their love couldn't have gone more and more exciting, undeniable. he could try and turn away this time, but after this...

khushi had perhaops her darkest night this diwali. poor girl. only 18. first love, first attraction and then this.

funny thing is, though i say i think he's not done the right thing, yet i feel for him so much. so so much. i can see that 14 year old, hearing gunshots. screaming "maaa" standing before her as she lies lifeless, wanting to fall on her and shake her back to life, but he can't do that, she will not come back.

to face the inevitable at 14. not easy. takes something from you forever.

he has to be strong. there's di. he's the brother. his father has betrayed his mother, them, everyone. both are dead. his uncle is throwing him out of the house. but he is not going to take it all lying down, he will fight back. and for that, all his emotions must shut down. and no woman ever is allowed to matter. a woman had brought ruin to them... and that cursed word called love.
he will not let it enter his life.

yet, can anyone not really want love?

sad isn't it? we keep thinking, he's strong, arrogant, mean. he is. but there's also a part of him hurting terribly and no one can reach or assuage that. a part that is gentle sweet caring loving, waiting to be loved and love in return ever since he was 14.

this girl will be the first to break in and touch that part of him. he's struggling so much because he just wants her so very much. contrary, us humans.

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

@cynthia 111-113;

I loved /liked your style of highlighting with this question from the song
you have given all the major points

Please let me know my dear God
tu hi bata mere maula, tu hi bata mere rabba

all these episodes had the highs and lows of the kiss miss and after effects were both depressing sad and very heart touching and for Arnav who says doesnt mean a thing why is he so concerned that Khushi reaches home safe.shows the depth of love how he hides it even from himself and how depressed Khushi is and she also hides it.these episodes which went to highs and lows are the best

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
@ Samin
Loving your style of writing posting with the lovely movie songs premonition of both Arnav and Khushi very good
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: samin6

Episode 110 - 111 first part:
 Arnav's own piece of heaven and Khushi's secret recluse.  To me the highlight of the episodes were the first time that Khushi sees that Arnav knows Khushi can feel him. The second highlight is when Khushi sees that Arnav can also feel her presence and Arnav knowing that Khushi saw him feeling her presence. There are a song which always remind me of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4QQMj6-mg
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4QQMj6-mg[/YOUTUBE]

To understand an intense chemistry this song is unparalleled. I have always liked this couple which were timeless. The pain of what to do, to choose between duty and love, to make a  choice when duty because of own choice and the pain of lost love and broken heart becomes apparent.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVD_jIUZcBo[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVD_jIUZcBo

In this episode each time I felt that Arnav and Khushi must both be in a dilemma, they both had the feeling that in imminent time they were going to sacrifice their love for each other, they both seem to be very keen in wanting to keep the moment they have togather. They both were very close, but they were again far apart. They wanted to give up all inhibitions and cry at each other's arms and at the same time could not. They wanted the other one to understand and did understand what the other one was going to make as a decision. However even when they knew that separation was going to happen still wanted each other's company. It seemed as if they both two like Aarti and JK wanted every obstacle and outside to by miracle disappear.
 Arnav seeing Khushi's premonition of him:    Arnav saw for the first time that Khushi can feel his presence when he went searching for her after dropping her off at the middle of the road after Janmashtami.  The second time was the day Arnav thought Khushi has broken his laptop. He saw her sensing him and looking at him. However in neither case did he even give the slightest hint to Khushi that he was aware of her premonition his presence.  During Diwali however when he saw that she has evidenced her premonition of his presence, it seemed as a boon to both of them. Khushi was under a lot of pressure from home to marry Shyam, it was her first diwali outside Lucknow and she had to face the fact that she loved a person who was unreachable. Therefore she was confused when he was stepping towards her with amusement knowing about her premonition. At that moment she surrounded by lamps in red- his favorite color, was entranced thinking how to tell him more clearly her feelings, and it seemed she did not need anymore when he has seen it firsthand. The thought in those moment were probably those she had said in Heer Ranjha " Jise jee jaan se chahte hain, jab use akhon ke samne paate hain to akhen bolti hain Zuban Nehi. " This was a moment which she wanted to recall through each heartbreak- because it was the first time she saw he had accepted her feelings for him without any reproach. Arnav had kept a straight face  when Khushi told him that she was getting nervous and her heart was beating fast when she went to give him an explanation after he became unconscious. He kept a straight face when Khushi told him that she thought he had cast an spell on her so it was evident that he did not want her to guess  that he was aware of her premonition of his presence. I think watching her in his favorite colour saree was his breaking point and her premonition of him was probably something which after years awoke his dormant heart, which had turned to stone after his parent's death. 
 Khushi seeing Arnav's premonition of her :  We know that Arnav could feel Khushi's presence from when she came back to take her DM from the office. The Shreya Ghosal version of the song starts after Khushi for the first time understands that Arnav can also feel her presence. When he saw that she has evidenced his premonition of her presence, it seemed as a dying man's last wish to him and to her .
As it said - Iss paal hain apna- to iss pal ko Jile, Sholo ke tarha zara jal ke jile, -After he learnt about the source of Khushi's payal he knew he had to give that back to her and to make things worse his grandmother was pushing him to marry Lavanya.  So it seemed he just wanted to grab those moments and not let them go. They both seem to think- they needed to live each and every second of those moments to the fullest. That was probably why Arnav went to give Khushi her Payal.
Pal Jhapak ke kho na jana :
He wanted to feel each second. He simply wanted everyone around him to vanish and he was oblivious to anything except the fact that Khushi was having the same feelings and abstract connection with him as he had for her.  They  both seem to be in a daze and grab the moment, make it comeback and hold it so that the plapable moment does not leave them.

After effects of evidencing each other's premonition  on Arnav: Arnav went to Khushi her Payal. With it came the unspoken guilt, pain of losing something valuable, and asking something that was less tangible, probably her heart, her calling him to her. He went when he felt she wanted him to look back at her, moved towards her to kiss her. His eyes seem to say- "Tujhko bhula ke aab jawu kaha ( I have no place to go leaving you." He requests her," Lo tham lo yeh lamho ke dhage, hum chal pare hain sapno ke aage. (Please hold this moment with me and move with me in in our dreamland" And with that came the promise of ASR which he kept  " Rasta hain yeh kathin par- iss safar mein Kabhi  na hongi aap duriya ( I will never stay apart from you)." I doubt even if I tried I could emphasize a better way of describing ASR's feeling for that moment.

After effects of evidencing each other's premonition  on Khushi:  Khushi seemed always to move back from him with full confidence that he would move towards her. When he was leaving after putting her payal, rejected that she was refusing him more, she called him back with her eyes, however the moment he looked back she caste down her eyes.  After all this was the first time she had been confronted by ASR and ASR was asking her something she was confused about giving- her heart and feelings to him without hesitation.  Her feminine hesitation she was however willing to give up- provided  he told her why he kept her Payal with him. . She needed him to vocalize what he felt, because as she said, "Kyunki baat aapki hain faraq padta hain, kisi aur ki hoti to nehi padta na, aur agar abh bhi aise chale jayenge to hum saas bhi nehi le payenge". However even without knowing- she always had always complied to Arnav's unsaid words, messages he conveyed with his eyes. Remembered what she said " Ham bhi kitni Koshish ki aap se pyaar na karne ke liye- lekin hamare dil bhi hamare baat nehi mani." I think this was an instance when her heart refused to listen to her head not to love him without hesitation.

beautiful, samin.

pinks are my oooh points. you know, msserialfan spoke of the many kinds of conversation that were on through diwali... among them, hidden conversations. yours feel like those. you have to be really sensitive to them to hear these.

i looked for the points you asked for... when does khushi realise that he senses her. i thought it was toward the end of the shreya ghoshal bit, when the turn away from each other, walk away. then sudden;y he stops, thinks a moment, and turns, his eyes search, locate her, and he moves toward her with purpose. but you felt it was that first looking at each other at the party. lovely.

tahnks for this post. the andhi song and exploration of a feling between a man a nd awoman one of my favourites.

PutijaChalhov thumbnail

Indi

she stood there watching her father in agony, breaking up, then she let a dream go. this man meant more to her than anyone, and when the only other man that had mattered said she meant nothing to him, what was left to think about, dream about.
I also think so

the decision was taken in haste... jaldbaazi. clever use of same words in both scenes. the writer is not taking sides. both his protagonists are feeling equally wretched. in their own way.

so true two hasty decisions will regret in  leisure

maybe a comment on the importance of both dil and dimaag in life. asr has both. so does khushi. just that each thinks the other has one part missing. or maybe a comment on the inevitable... fate, destiny, call it what you like.

this Dil and dimaag tussle give us many good scenes between the two

and look at poor khushi's state. the only man she had ever loved as a woman loves a man, felt dhakdhak for, in just one evening, he'd taken her to bliss then thrown her into the abyss of the door slammed shut, the this means nothing, and now in a situation where she must consider others before herself, she is getting engaged to that man's beloved sister's husband.

then there's asr. mute, unable to explain his fears his pain, hurting everyone, khushi, la, nani, di with that utterly wrong spur of the moment decision.

Good comparision of all characters

the payal has done its work. now it's key's turn

all Arnav and Khushi things with each other bring them closer man proposes God disposes πŸ˜‰   lovely pictures post and edits

Edited by chalhov - 11 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shesherkobita

episodes 112/113

originally by indi52

Hola peeps,
Indi, I wrote a reply and then lost it cos IF had logged me out while posting'Karma' 😭 but I came back, since 112/113 are my fav epis. I read everyone's analysis but cannot always reply as I don't write well and also don't have access to a laptop when my husband teaches online. I am not iPad savvy; still I am always here (have been here since thread 3). 

Indi,  every word you wrote read like Pearls from Khushi's doree, precious, such meaningful words. Loved every bit of it'πŸ‘ just going to touch on a few points (as most others were discussed already)

"how long does it take to reach heartbreak, bataiye hume?"
"just two episodes, especially if you take the suv. shut up and sit in the car."

and the other thing is that sense of youth, they both feel as young as they are supposed to be, their age seems to inform everything... like that buoyancy in the characters. one minute in the heart of hell, the next day again fighting back, repaired, almost whole. i find that an essential sign of youth, the energy within too high to clam up and descend into permanent grey. there's bright light, there's deep dark, there are streaks of red and blue and green and all the colours of the spectrum, but rarely a dull shade, a shade that feels effete or tired.

*** agreed , such tumultuous emotions'signs of youth indeed.

just as he is. but he will hide that behind his habitual taciturn brusqueness.

because you are khushi and have been brought up a certain way, believe in certain things, will have to stop, remember this girl is your friend, not her fault what happened, in fact it was your job to teach her stuff that would make her the ideal wife for him; and you will smile and congratulate her. and let that smile mask your pain. in fact you'll smile and rejoice so much that only the one that gives you this intense suffering will know, you really are going crazy underneath.

*** what great psychoanalysis by the CVs, khushi and Arnav shares similar past, losing parents at a tender age' and yet their reaction to it is sooo different. Khushi grew up at mercy of others, learned to mask her true feelings. We see how she shrugs off all insults by Monarma mami, Buaji, La's friends (Only with Arnav she has to give her 2 cents ) ASR's dad left his fortune to them, he was able to study in Harvard, rebuild his father's empire, in the process he also built a twisted, sardonic ego! His reactions are destructive ( the way he chops the flowers he so lovingly tends to)!

so contrary, so male. first you get completely attracted, then you lose control, you are scared stiff, then you do something colossally silly to  convince yourself you can handle it, then you are completely mad because she says she is happy for you. kitni koshish he is doing to push her away, but his heart refuses to let him.

*** Loved your writing here, such clarity in your understanding of ASR.

he is at the door. her eyes widen. he has come back with her purse. why, i want to know, why can't he just leave her alone, why this inability? he hands her the purse, eyes still, yet a lick of a flame within. "tumne gadi mein cvhhor diya tha... " a tiredness in his voice.

*** the SUV, What did he really want? Did he want Khushi to confess? Did he want himself to confess? Did he even know what he wanted?. Did he rehearse in his mind the insults that spewed out of his mouth later? I loved everything you wrote as explanation.

Again he is back with the purse. Have you seen 2 kids playing on weekends? They play all day, fight, cry, make up and at dinner time mom calls them to go to their respective homes; they say "but we didn't get to play"..They just don't know how to quit, when to quit and most importantly what is PLAY?  Arnav & Khushi are new at this PLAY (game of love)' he keeps coming back to insult, she keeps going back to receive more, just don't know how to quit (Brokeback Mountain).

"namaste," he is meeting her father for the first time, the most important man in her life. how is he, tell me if you need anything... "mujhe chalna chahiye, happy diwali."

*** He is so polite to them, same with Khushi, she was so polite to Naniji after her resignation monologue at RM.

he breaks... you can almost see it. maybe that prim little look on her face, maybe her seeming resilience, something just seems to crush him, and he decides of course turn it all against her, break her that's it. what is this thing in us that makes us hurt the thing we love the most?"

*** he cant figure out HOW she does this jovial "khushi show" .. one day he will say "kis mitti se banaya hain?"

the tirade builds, stop leaving your things everywhere. like you left your payal by my pool, don't read the wrong thing into your payal  being with me...don't think some rich guy was hanging about holding your payal to his heart... oh telling telling words and harsh as hell.

*** in my SKD'he must've slept holding the payal in his hand some nights;  the way he held Khushis hand in latter episodes.

"shayad tumhare liye hoga..." maybe for you it is... ah the rich brat act."tumhe toh laga hoga ki tumhari zindagi ban gayi." you must have thought life's made now. going in for the kill, aggressive, ruthless.

*** Accepting and declaring you are in love is one of the hardest things on earth. Its easy to love your parents, your children. They come with a manual of set norms.  But with lovers/partners, who were complete strangers a few days ago, will have access to all your innermost fears, deficiencies, vulnerabilities, you will be completely exposed to him/her. s/he will have the capacity to hurt/pulverize/demolish you. No its not easy to let your guard down and let another person in.

And then if one carries the baggage that ASR carries; how would you know whom to trust (how to know what is Sachcha Pyar)? He believes his dad was duped by a conniving girl pretty much like Khushi. His dad's Kamjori was that he let himself be bewitched by such a woman (so he believed). ASR is not going to let the same Kamjori take over him, he will not be bewitched. But then he cannot tolerate her tears, his heart;  which doesn't listen to his brain, knows Khushi is as genuine as her tears. Still he keeps testing her "girls like you will do anything for money, you must've thought life's made now" but at the same time he wants khushi's love despite of his projection ( rude,angry, abrasive attitude, caustic tongue, prejudice of money & class...to which Manorma might say '"saab Darama" πŸ˜†)

four words wrenched out of her... "koi matlab nahin hai?" the signature dialogue of the last diwali episode. she went into her room, a dazed broken girl, and the tears flowed endless.

*** God, I have been there, done that' Only another girl would understand the things Khushi does' lock herself in cupboards, shut the door, hide behind Mandir pillars..  Alone in a crowd, Shut the world out' (so so real)

he has just gone and killed a beautiful feeling that had started perhaps showing him some dreams. dreams that he had sworn never to see. 

tears only, that were his gift this diwali. 

*** Return gift from khushi : agreed to marry Snakewa! why wouldn't Khushi accept Shayam now? She saw Arnav declare to the world that he is engaged to Lavanya, she heard all the Badhai, "very congratulations, sir".  Is there no way to "voice over" the guy who says Very Congratulations?πŸ˜ƒ Also that women in yellow saree, blue border, who was in every back to back scene (Jadoo Hai, Nasha Hai party scene).. like a triplet with ADHD running around in yellow saree' Ughhh downside of watching the same scene over and over.

sometimes ipk reminds me of a fabulously composed symphony. perfectly released beginnings, a strong melody tying piece to piece moving on, rises and falls, movements, crash of cymbals here and there, strings, percussion, wind all laid in harmony. heart stopping climaxes. i don't know much about classical music, but who hasn't heard beethoven's fifth. 

*** standing ovation to Indi'πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸ€—

Sabrina (the wicked witchπŸ˜‰)

wo. wicked with sabrina, thanks for that lovely one.

voice over on "very congratulations"? not once, twice. my what the points edited out. nahiii.

really, only in a hindi show, such rare delights. this is too cute. and for all you know there are people who actually say that.

liked that "sab darama" comment. for all you know that's exactly what the writers meant when they gave her the words. really the man wants all her attention and love, just that he thinks yelling and insulting will get the job done. not just shatir, subconscious super shatir... that's exactly what happens too.

like the morning after diwali... first she says she's not going to his house at all... then not only does she go, but she also enters the lion's den all by herself to return the key... wide eyed innocent and not yet expert in love games, but she does feel that pull.

the "khushi show," teehee i like your name for it... it's such a woman thing, isn't it? grin and bear all. poor man, just can't get his head around it. never could.

writers were super at psychology. yes, arnav has a destructive side to his coping mechanism.

one big difference with khushi's experience, though.

she was 8, not old enough to understand many things. and her parentsdied in a car accident. if there were deeper, blacker, more complicated aspects to this death, she wasn't aware of them. and nor were we ever told. so it was tragic, but not tainted with other complications.

arnav on the other hand, was a young man. 14. quite capable of understanding what father having an affair with another woman means. the death of his parents was traumatic enough, given their suicide (maybe even murder). but along with that, the filthy taint of another woman. a father who was loose of morals. a mother who killed herself because of that.

there was bound to be repercussions of this knowledge on the young man. his sister, somehow, and frankly i have no idea how, seems to have sublimated all anger and shame about this. but not arnav. that dark, unwholesome streak to the death of his beloved mother... how could it not leave its negative impact on him and his way of dealing with life.

i wish we had gone more into all of this, and the show had gone on a couple more decades.
πŸ˜†

and those lines in bold purple about this kambakht pyaar πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ you really don't write well.πŸ˜†

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
Msserialfan123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

hi msserialfan,

thank you so so much, your words mean a lot. i do see your likes on my posts often... thanks always for reading. the diwali episodes were just terrific, and so dense with stuff, guess the writing had to try and capture that. that thing you say about the layers of conversations... lovely.  the hidden ones were really beautiful, weren't they. see you soon. hope the reading remains enjoyable.

I especially liked the way you described the car scene. What a complex man he is! He's concerned that she reaches home safely after he's astounded that she can even talk, let alone smile and share sweets with his family, he was left gobsmacked when faced with her questions, still he needs to give her those answers in the car, (justifying his decision to her, may be?) and when she wants to just protect her wounded heart from any more pain, (he knows she's hurt from loving him and getting royally dumped,) he just wants to see her demolished as she wont admit her love for him! Those subtle half glances to make sure he's right about his deductions of her feelings for him, shows his tender loving side, he knows he's galat.  While the stiff, "To tum Khush ho?" and " koi maine nahi hai," like whiplashes on an already bleeding heart! To top it all off, he's disgusted with himself on his lonely way back home, himself all defeated to see a precious person heart-broken,, or wait, was that his own heart that he's weeping for?

This is what I meant about hidden and unspoken conversations... Barun just was phenomenal in these scenes, because he had so few words to utter but had so much to convey ! I remember feeling so down during these painful episodes but faithfully turning up each day to watch them torture themselves!