Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Ichangedit

I am starting to think that it would be the easiest to just go and change some euros into pounds and sent those to you, because I can't find where I can register on mardibooks to even find out if I could do that. In this time it really shouldn't be so difficult to transfer money to an account in another EU country

Let me find out and see if you can do a direct bank transfer to mardibooks.  That seems the safest option. 
Xarina thumbnail

True, true. I am at the stage where I just stop doing stuff if it gets to much to than panic about if a few days later, when I have to rush to get it done on time

How is your grand dad's health now? 
Ichangedit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Xarina

Let me find out and see if you can do a direct bank transfer to mardibooks.  That seems the safest option. 

Yes that would be 😊 thanks
Xarina thumbnail

Yes that would be 😊 thanks

Ok I will find out and DM the details to you via twitter or pm you here?  Which is better. 
Ichangedit thumbnail

How is your grand dad's health now? 

In some aspects he is better but in others he is worse. You know with Alzheimer it is a slow decline no matter what. He has really good days but there are some really aweful once too. My grandma is also a little freaked out because there is still no order in the new flat. They have a lot less space and she didn't exactly throw much of anything away before moving so know she doesn't know where to put stuff and the chaos isn't the best for my grandpa. But hopefully it will all work out in the end. Thanks for asking 😊

How is your dad holding up?
Ichangedit thumbnail

Ok I will find out and DM the details to you via twitter or pm you here?  Which is better. 

Well twitter because I get a mail about it or I could just pm you my email address so you can write it to me directly 😊
Xarina thumbnail

In some aspects he is better but in others he is worse. You know with Alzheimer it is a slow decline no matter what. He has really good days but there are some really aweful once too. My grandma is also a little freaked out because there is still no order in the new flat. They have a lot less space and she didn't exactly throw much of anything away before moving so know she doesn't know where to put stuff and the chaos isn't the best for my grandpa. But hopefully it will all work out in the end. Thanks for asking 😊

How is your dad holding up?

Oh Alzheimer's is heartbreaking.  Especially when they themselves can understand what is happening. Hope your grandma settles in quickly.  That is half the battle won.  I know I always felt better when everything was in its own place and I've moved 8 times in my lifetime.

Dad?  He is lonely but coping.  Out of the blue he decided that he wanted to go to the Coast so in the summer we booked a minibus and went to Bournemouth for the day.  Twenty of us enjoying the beach and shivering in the sea.  Dad laughed so much watching me shiver..  I have photos up on fb.  And he wants to take us all out to dinner every other month. 
Ichangedit thumbnail

Oh Alzheimer's is heartbreaking.  Especially when they themselves can understand what is happening. Hope your grandma settles in quickly.  That is half the battle won.  I know I always felt better when everything was in its own place and I've moved 8 times in my lifetime.

Dad?  He is lonely but coping.  Out of the blue he decided that he wanted to go to the Coast so in the summer we booked a minibus and went to Bournemouth for the day.  Twenty of us enjoying the beach and shivering in the sea.  Dad laughed so much watching me shiver..  I have photos up on fb.  And he wants to take us all out to dinner every other month. 

You know sometimes he knows that something is not right with him but other times it annoys him when we try to help because he forgot that he can't do it himself anymore. it is a constant battle. Yeah I think that will make her happy. She just has to get rid of some of her stuff first.

I am glad to hear that he is well. And that actually sounds really nice. I think he wants to create a lot of happy memories with you all 😊
Xarina thumbnail

You know sometimes he knows that something is not right with him but other times it annoys him when we try to help because he forgot that he can't do it himself anymore. it is a constant battle. Yeah I think that will make her happy. She just has to get rid of some of her stuff first.

I am glad to hear that he is well. And that actually sounds really nice. I think he wants to create a lot of happy memories with you all 😊

He does but with the laughter there were tears.  But what can you do?  Things happen.   I hope your grand dad's condition is manageable.  Be strong for him-and patient. ðŸ¤—
famzii05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hiya! I'm back! :D