Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
  ^  I don't know why Aparna changed the time, extended the appearance of the ghost, inserted 1971 war in Bangladesh. Reading all the reviews, I think, she should have stuck to the book: Major chunk on Koko, little bit of Pishima & Chaitali ('Basan' in the novel). Probably it's the extended story of Rashmoni & Chaitali that made the movie look like a soap. The novel was a bit soap-esque anyway. Edited by eeyoretel - 10 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: eeyoretel

^  I don't know why Aparna changed the time, extended the appearance of the ghost, inserted 1971 war in Bangladesh. Reading all the reviews, I think, she should have stuck to the book: Major chunk on Koko, little bit of Pishima & Chaitali ('Basan' in the novel). Probably it's the extended story of Rashmoni & Chaitali that made the movie look like a soap. The novel was a bit soap-esque anyway.

I havent read the book. What was it about?
chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrsMalhotra

I havent read the book. What was it about?

Okay... Just checked wiki. The movie was not only based on the novel Goynar Baksho, but also a short story Rashmoni'r Shonadana by the same writer. So, may be there was more about Rashmoni in the short story. Novel was about a jewelery box, reincarnation, a foulmouth and mischievous ghost, a short love story of the headstrong & modern granddaughter, but mainly it was the daughter-in-law who was the protagonist: How she saved her family, her marriage, & the jewelery box with the help of the ghost. Then how she eventually handed over the box to the heiress (Whom they, the family, believed was the reincarnation of the original owner of the box). 

.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Krrish 3

There are some parts of Krrish that really aren't up to the mark in terms of special effects but what's really commendable is how they've done even this with the budget Bollywood movies get. I'm glad someone took this risk.

Things I liked:

KANGANA! She was so freaking awesome! I liked the concepts of the mutants and the back-story behind Kaal and the bone marrow. The bits where she shifts into Priyanka and herself back and forth are really well done.

Rohit! I loved Koi Mil Gaya and not because of any extra-terrestrial aspect but purely because of Rohit's innocence. I loved the scene between him and Priya in the beginning where she's putting on make-up in the car. The real superhero of this movie is Rohit! And kudos to Hrithik because Krrish and Rohit really are poles apart and he did a great job with them. I'm sure it must have been tiring for him to do so many characters that are so different at the same time.

The tongue-guy was super creepy. The scene where they come to take away Rohit, their fight with Krrish is amazingly done! I loved Kaya in there especially. Her shape-shifting is freaking awesome. And her fight sequences were great.

Vivek Oberoi was awesome! "Kaal ki kayanath mein...welcome". But his silver outfit was a bit funny. He did a great job though. It's hard to show power and strength when you only have your facial expression and voice but he played the "super-villain" pretty well.

Things I didn't like:

If a virus can spread in the matter of FIVE SECONDS and that through water and air, then the death toll should exponentially be rising. Also, if this virus has been manufactured, then there are also other pharmacologists that are capable of making them. The movie made it seem like Kaal was the only who could make an antidote. Kaal said that the only way to make an antidote was through his blood but really, you can take anybody that was infected as they have the virus in them.  

All of the song. Dil tu hi bata was the least worst and it's picturization was pretty good. But man, the songs sucked.

The whole "bone marrow" surgery was more like magic than science.

All in all, I'm really happy with Krrish 3 because someone finally attempted to do something different in Bollywood and did a great job with it. Yes, some effects aren't up to the mark but this is a step in the right direction. Overall, 3.5/5! Definitely a must watch for all superhero movie fans. 

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: eeyoretel

Okay... Just checked wiki. The movie was not only based on the novel Goynar Baksho, but also a short story Rashmoni'r Shonadana by the same writer. So, may be there was more about Rashmoni in the short story. Novel was about a jewelery box, reincarnation, a foulmouth and mischievous ghost, a short love story of the headstrong & modern granddaughter, but mainly it was the daughter-in-law who was the protagonist: How she saved her family, her marriage, & the jewelery box with the help of the ghost. Then how she eventually handed over the box to the heiress (Whom they, the family, believed was the reincarnation of the original owner of the box). 

The movie does sound similar to the novel except that there wasnt much of a love story of the granddaughter. Rashmoni ie the pishima tells some of her story in flashbacks at various points especially when she realizes her niece in law has a suitor and she wishes she takes the chance to be with a man who loves...a chance she never got.
Coldplaying thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Just watched Crazy Stupid Love. It was just so gayyy...
axeion thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The Hobbit -Desolation of Smaug. I loved it, but being a Legolas Fan I felt there was room for so much improvement for his character. 

Originally posted by: axeion

The Hobbit -Desolation of Smaug. I loved it, but being a Legolas Fan I felt there was room for so much improvement for his character. 

Haila😳
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
The Hobbit... wat they showed a love interest for Killy ? WOW... it was good, i was like wow , 3 ghante ki movie initially it was a bit slow and then again it was wow ... bina kuch huae sabh kuch hogaya πŸ˜† up for part 3 
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Saw R. Rajkumar.
All this time I thought his name was Rambo Rajkumar...but in the movie he says his name is Romeo πŸ˜†

Okay so I was waiting and waiting to see Shahid in a good movie...a different character...or at least something I could enjoy...and this was it.

Let me say this up front...if you are familiar with Prabhu Deva movies like Wanted or Rowdy Rathore then you will like this one too.  That is...it is full of action action action, good music, this time bacause the actor could dance..there is plenty of that too, along with comedy and familiar faces (especilaly in the bad guy crowd).

I loved it...I was not sure if Shahid could pull off a mawali character...I mean everything he's done is moslty chocolate boy stuff...but he was fabulous.

There was a point near the end where I though Prabhu was going to surprise me and Shahid would turn out to be a cop like Salman was in Wanted...but no...he was a mawali til the end...but a love sick mawali.

Last fight scene is brutal ...almost Agneepath like but this time the good guy wins.

Sonakshi I think look stunning, but just a little chunky this time...Shahid's character even teases her about her weight  in a one-liner. πŸ˜†

All in all an entertaining and fun film by Prabhu Deva. 😎
Don't know how well it did at the box office...but I thought it was a fun film to watch.